Ratings: Billboard Music Awards Tops Charts With 10-Year High, Apprentice Hits Finale Low

Ratings Celebrity Apprentice FinaleABC’s broadcast of this year’s Billboard Music Awards not only humbled the Biebs, it also easily topped Sunday in both total audience — with 9.5 million viewers — and in the demo (scoring a 3.6).

Versus the 2012 BBMAs, that marks gains of 28 and 31 percent, hitting 12- and 10-year highs.

RELATED | Billboard Music Awards Recap: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs

Elsewhere on the music-al front, CBS’ Tim McGraw special drew 6.2 mil and a 1.7, placing last in every half hour. Compared to a year-ago’s Jesse Stone swan song (13 mil/1.2), it delivered less than half the audience yet managed a 44 percent better demo number.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

NBC’s not-yet-renewed Celebrity Apprentice (5.26 mil/2.1) rose week-to-week but was down 24 percent and a tenth from last year to hit a new finale low. (Will the Donald finally get his walking papers???)

Over on Fox, both The Simpsons (4.2 mil/2.0) and Family Guy (5.2 mil/2.5) were steady week-to-week yet down a smidgen from their previous finales.

1. Babybop says:

It should hit a low because Lil Jon should have been in the finale! But I thought it was renewed? Didn’t Donald tweet that a while ago?

2. Tania says:

Will the Donald finally get his walking papers? One can only hope so.

3. jake says:

I usually love celebrity app. but thought it sucked this time around.Trace should not have won.Lil jon was impressive.

• Greg says:

Its just rigged, Trace phoned it in all season until the last challenge, there was no reason for him to win. Penn was strong all the way through, nothing negative to say about his performance throughout

• DirkDigster says:

Penn should have won. His ice cream was better, he raised more money, magic presentation was better. Way better. Trace having Gary sing, was so lame. Trump picks wrong every year. Clay Aikens was a clear winner over manic-Arsenio. Cancel the show.

• kavyn says:

Near the end of the episode, Trump brought up that Penn said some nasty things about him after his season – That was the moment I knew Trace won. Penn was the obvious winner in my eyes…

4. Chablis says:

I didn’t even bother watching CA. They need a redo of this show . I think there should be some kind of viewer voting.

5. katrina says:

I’d watch next year if I could vote the celebrities off. Trump just doesn’t have credibility to me.

6. Abe Froman says:

How can this be? Every week Trump boasts how great the show is doing ;)

7. Blinged Up says:

I’m going to admit it — I love Celebrity Apprentice. Was rooting for Penn to win last night, though. Hope it’s renewed. If it has a great cast, it’s really fun.

8. Why couldn’t he just keep doing the regular Apprentice? People actually need jobs…not crazy celebrities

9. Lisa says:

I hope NBC finally cancels Trump.

10. John Berggren says:

I definitely think Donald should lose his job.
    Of course I’d say that regardless of ratings.

11. Ashley says:

Maybe the series finale of “The Apprentice” can be the NBC executives firing Donald Trump. I don’t watch reality TV, but I’d tune in for that!

12. icywinter2 says:

The billboard music awards is a complete joke, and it seems to get dumber every year. No one there actually has any real talent.. The noise they put out isn’t real music. I think the music companies need to stop giving their people contracts and give people who actually have real talent and do not act like childish, the contracts.

These pop stars are a complete embarressment

13. A Hardie says:

Does anyone know why Bret michaels wasn’t on ca last night?