Ratings: Billboard Music Awards Tops Charts With 10-Year High, Apprentice Hits Finale Low

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Ratings Celebrity Apprentice FinaleABC’s broadcast of this year’s Billboard Music Awards not only humbled the Biebs, it also easily topped Sunday in both total audience — with 9.5 million viewers — and in the demo (scoring a 3.6).

Versus the 2012 BBMAs, that marks gains of 28 and 31 percent, hitting 12- and 10-year highs.

RELATED | Billboard Music Awards Recap: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs

Elsewhere on the music-al front, CBS’ Tim McGraw special drew 6.2 mil and a 1.7, placing last in every half hour. Compared to a year-ago’s Jesse Stone swan song (13 mil/1.2), it delivered less than half the audience yet managed a 44 percent better demo number.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

NBC’s not-yet-renewed Celebrity Apprentice (5.26 mil/2.1) rose week-to-week but was down 24 percent and a tenth from last year to hit a new finale low. (Will the Donald finally get his walking papers???)

Over on Fox, both The Simpsons (4.2 mil/2.0) and Family Guy (5.2 mil/2.5) were steady week-to-week yet down a smidgen from their previous finales.

Comments (23)

• It should hit a low because Lil Jon should have been in the finale! But I thought it was renewed? Didn’t Donald tweet that a while ago?

Comment by Babybop – May 20, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really loved what Trump did for Lil Jon’s charity last night. I only watched the finale’ because of the two finalists. Happy Trace finally won.

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 20, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree on both counts.

Comment by Lola – May 20, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Donald Trump tweets a lot of things he would like to believe. Both CELEB APPRENTICE and HANNIBAL are still awaiting final decisions from NBC.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 20, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, you got that right!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 20, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will the Donald finally get his walking papers? One can only hope so.

Comment by Tania – May 20, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I usually love celebrity app. but thought it sucked this time around.Trace should not have won.Lil jon was impressive.

Comment by jake – May 20, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its just rigged, Trace phoned it in all season until the last challenge, there was no reason for him to win. Penn was strong all the way through, nothing negative to say about his performance throughout

Comment by Greg – May 20, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Penn should have won. His ice cream was better, he raised more money, magic presentation was better. Way better. Trace having Gary sing, was so lame. Trump picks wrong every year. Clay Aikens was a clear winner over manic-Arsenio. Cancel the show.

Comment by DirkDigster – May 24, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Near the end of the episode, Trump brought up that Penn said some nasty things about him after his season – That was the moment I knew Trace won. Penn was the obvious winner in my eyes…

Comment by kavyn – May 20, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t even bother watching CA. They need a redo of this show . I think there should be some kind of viewer voting.

Comment by Chablis – May 20, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch next year if I could vote the celebrities off. Trump just doesn’t have credibility to me.

Comment by katrina – May 20, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can this be? Every week Trump boasts how great the show is doing ;)

Comment by Abe Froman – May 20, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Trump still claiming that it’s the #1 show on tv? lol

Comment by maggie – May 20, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to admit it — I love Celebrity Apprentice. Was rooting for Penn to win last night, though. Hope it’s renewed. If it has a great cast, it’s really fun.

Comment by Blinged Up – May 20, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I really enjoy it. Was happy that Trace Adkins won, but either one would have deserved it.

Comment by Lola – May 20, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why couldn’t he just keep doing the regular Apprentice? People actually need jobs…not crazy celebrities

Comment by Krystal Dannielle (@KrysDannielle) – May 20, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope NBC finally cancels Trump.

Comment by Lisa – May 20, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think Donald should lose his job.
    Of course I’d say that regardless of ratings.

Comment by John Berggren – May 20, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe the series finale of “The Apprentice” can be the NBC executives firing Donald Trump. I don’t watch reality TV, but I’d tune in for that!

Comment by Ashley – May 20, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The billboard music awards is a complete joke, and it seems to get dumber every year. No one there actually has any real talent.. The noise they put out isn’t real music. I think the music companies need to stop giving their people contracts and give people who actually have real talent and do not act like childish, the contracts.

These pop stars are a complete embarressment

Comment by icywinter2 – May 20, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know why Bret michaels wasn’t on ca last night?

Comment by A Hardie – May 20, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post