Syfy Renews (and Cancels) Warehouse 13

Get More: Cancellations, Renewals

Warehouse 13 CancelledSyfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for an abbreviated fifth and final season, TVLine has confirmed.

According to our sister site Deadline, which first broke the news, production on the six-episode goodbye will begin this summer in Toronto.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New

Warehouse 13 has been an incredible signature series for us,” Syfy President of Original Content Mark Stern said in a statement. “We are grateful to the loyal and passionate fan base and know that Jack Kenny, his gifted creative team, and outstanding ensemble cast will give them an amazing finale season.”

The series’ current fourth season is set to conclude in late June.

Comments (439)

• Has Being Human been renewed yet? I don’t know what I’ll do if the show ends for good on such a huge cliffhanger!

Comment by Mikael – May 17, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What in the world are SyFy releasing along with Defiance? Obviously that ate up the budgets of Alphas and Eurekas and that’s why they had to go. So what’s next? They’ve only got Haven left from the old crop? *scratches head*

Comment by MB – May 17, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love SyFy, even the cheesey B rated shows, but why oh why do they always cancel the good shows after just a few seasons. A shortened season 5 is not a “true” season. Grrrr……Argh…….

Comment by Mamacita – May 17, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think the show asked for the shortened season 5 in exchange for the long season 4. they felt they’d rather have the extra eps to wrap up this storyline then take a whole 13 eps to end the series

Comment by JP – June 15, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What costs more to make, quality programs like Eureka and Warehouse 13 or Redneck Ghost Hunters? I guess Haven will be the next to be canceled; it’s a pretty good show with an intelligent fan base, something that is an anathema to SyFyLus.

Comment by Rick Ramey – May 17, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon Jester — FCC rules generally do not govern the selection of programming that is broadcast. The main exceptions are: restrictions on indecent programming, limits on the number of commercials aired during children’s programming, and rules involving candidates for public office.

The Commission enforces regulations that were designed to ensure competition among cable companies, satellite companies and other entities that offer video programming services to the general public. This includes issues such as, mandatory carriage of television broadcast signals, commercial leased access, program access, over-the-air reception devices, open video systems, commercial availability of set-top boxes and the accessibility of closed captioning and video description on television programming.

Comment by Rob Davis – May 17, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Rob – You have missed the point. The FCC can only regulate OVER THE AIR networks (i.e., broadcast networks). Because cable networks do not use public airways, the FCC has absolutely ZERO powers of restriction. None. Zilch. Nil. Your suggestion that NBC “will do anything to bring violence and gore to FCC allotted airwaves” has absolutely nothing to do with Syfy, Bravo, or any other Universal-owned cable network.

Comment by Simon Jester – May 17, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wrstlgirl — “Hateful”? “Spin”? Read the comment again, please.

Comment by Rob Davis – May 17, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read it clearly the first time…..here you go. “Just turning off the TV as suggested seems to say if you don’t agree with me go away” HUH?? “Personally I’m pretty tired of “my way or the highway” attitude of some commenters”. In what way did I say or suggest anything remotely close to this?

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 17, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, there goes my last reason to watch that network. Unless they are bringing back Destination Truth, but if not oh well. The rest of their shows are terrible. And that Defiance show may be one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Tried the game too just to see if maybe playing the game would make me want to watch the show any more, but I think it made me less interested. Game is terrible.

Comment by Truth – May 17, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it would be cancelled when they gave it a 20 episode 4th season. That’s Syfy’s way of saying “you’re next!”

Comment by Ophelia – May 17, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And that would be the last show I was watching on SyFy. No need to even tune to the channel anymore.

Comment by gallowaycreations – May 17, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SyFy has become notorious for cancelling series that are at their height: the SG series, DeadZone, etc. It’s almost pointless to get too invested because it’ll be gone in 3 or 4 seasons. No L&O 10-20 seasons for them for anything.

Comment by domynoe – May 17, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • L&O is such an exception to the rule, it’s unrealistic to compare anything to it. In the modern TV age, it’s an accomplishment for a show to even make it to a second season.

Comment by sb – May 17, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @domynoe — Syfy is hardly “notorious” for cancelling The Dead Zone, since that aired on the USA Network.

Comment by Simon Jester – May 17, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so flabbergasted this is cancelled! Last year, I read that WH13 is one of its most successful shows. So much so, that they increased the episodes from 13 to 20! Now they cancel it this year?

I wish I knew why the sudden change of heart towards this show. And maybe just moving it back to a family-friendly time would help the ratings.

Comment by Bernadette – May 17, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For all those talking about ratings being down, yes, they’re down. But people are forgetting that not only has it been pushed back an hour but this is the first time in the show’s history that it’s premiered against regular broadcast programming (and during a sweeps period at that). It has always been a summer show prior to this, usually starting in July, so of course the ratings would be higher. They had to know the show was going to take a hit by starting it earlier in the year.

Comment by JC – May 17, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just checked and actually until this year it always started in July. I wasn’t 100% sure when I posted.

Comment by JC – May 17, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s like they were looking for a reason to cancel it!

Comment by Brandy – May 23, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • they were the actor’s contracts were up for renegotiation after season 5

Comment by JP – June 15, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw this coming when they did the 20 episodes. I had a feeling they were going to pull this. They give 20 So when the fans complain they then say we will give you 6 more to finish the series. Making it look like they added something but all they did was give us the same amount of episodes per season just spread out in a different way. It still equals to 13 episodes per season. This canceling the show after a full season 5. The stars are in contract for 5 years. Thus 5 seasons. But if season 4 was actually 20 eps. Then Season 5 could also be 20 episodes as l

Comment by Golden Dragon – May 17, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as all the stars were still under contract. Which they would be. The rating were killed by the change to 10 pm against NBC and the other prime channels shows. My question is this : Why make a minor channel (Syfy) battle a major channel (NBC) for rating expecially if you own both channels.? Answer you are killing a show that you don’t want anymore. Then they can claim : See the ratings dropped so that is why we are canceling the show. But Warehouse 13 is a family show and if you wanted to change the time they should’ve put it on at 8pm to lead into Defiance. That way it is not battling the prime show on NBC which is Castle.

Comment by Golden Dragon – May 17, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually the NBC show would be Revolution. Castle is on ABC. But I too think Warehouse 13 would have done better at 8, in Eureka’s old spot.

Comment by JC – May 17, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you! There is so much at 10pm on Mondays–Castle, Revolution, Bates Motel. I remember that first episode upon its return on April 29, I had SEVEN things scheduled for 10pm on Mondays. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t move it to 8pm timeslot, a family viewing time, instead of so late at 10pm.

Comment by Bernadette – May 17, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But they didn’t do that. Also, people work many different hours and times. They also in some cases have more than one job and maybe they can’t watch the shows live. But NBC mainly looks at live viewing for advertising purposes. I understand they have to make their money but then something else has to be worked out. Because in this day and age pleople are not always home in time to watch live, now we have too many other ways to watch. TV Media is going to have to change their model and conform to the times.

Comment by Golden Dragon – May 17, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m one of the people who work different hours, 4pm – 12.30. Am never going to see live tv in the evenings. Record every show to watch later. I will miss Warehouse 13 but I will buy the complete series on DVD, as well as other shows. Think about NBC – They are taking Jay Leno off the Tonight Show and he is number one in his time slot. NBC and SciFi, neither make good decisions. Lots of good shows to miss.

Comment by Mike Burcham – July 14, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I said it before and I will say it again. Anything SYFY owns gets cancelled, even though it is a great show. Anything SYFY does not own (i.e., Lost Girl) stays on SYFY no matter how long we have to wait between seasons.

Comment by TVDIVA – May 17, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warehouse 13 was amusing, but not the most compelling show. I enjoyed it, but I do like Defiance and hope it sticks around long enough for character development.
    I hate reality tv. Period.
    I want a story with characters I know and love, that I can drop in on and watch without having to be introduced (as compared to watching a movie). That’s the great thing about tv. When you get a show you like, characters you like, it’s an easy and comfortable. Though, I have found that there are some British shows and books that are so cozy one feels right at home immediately.
    That being said, I would still like to see a show like Alfred Hitchcock or The Twilight Zone, which would bring a new story every week,new writing, new ideas. Something with quality writing and creativity, even whimsy (are you listening Bryan Fuller?).Right now all I see is a void for this type of show.

Comment by bobbie – May 17, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it’d be so great to have a series like Alfred Hitchcock’s or “The Twilight Zone” again. And your mention of Bryan Fuller makes me want him to come up with his own variation on either of those series now…oh, god, that would be fantastic. And I agree on your reality TV rant, too.
      Anywho, I may not have watched this particular show, but it sucks to find out a show you love will be cancelled, so to all the fans of this series, I’m sorry.

Comment by Angela – May 17, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe such an innovative and funny show with such amazing actors is coming to an end!!! Who makes these ridiculous decisions!!!!

Comment by Judy – May 18, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s this Myka and HG talk? Did I miss something?

Comment by Emma – May 18, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a popular fan pairing (the most popular if I understand correctly) and the actors have admitted to playing up the subtext, but so far the writers haven’t been on board.

Comment by JC – May 18, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Jack Kenny (showrunner) they are just really dear friends, but there’s lots of subtext between the two of them. In the episode “Emily Lake” for example when talking about destroying the Janus Coin Myka and HG practically proclaim their love for each other in like ten different ways without saying the actual words.
      Furthermore both Joanne Kelly (Myka) and Jaime Murray (HG) confirmed in several interviews that their characters have fallen in love with each other.

Comment by Trish – May 18, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye SyFy! WH13 is the only show that I watch on your channel.

Comment by John – May 18, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mebe someone at c-ntcast goes postal then nbc spirals into dust bowl End of File.

Comment by bubba – May 19, 2013 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like these type of shows. Warehouse 13 reminded me of Friday the 13th the series from the 80′s.
    I guess SYFY only thinks of themselves and money, not the viewers.
    Since I was reading it its a trend for only 5 seasons, maybe they should do a five/ten year contact with the actors/actresses and writers.
    This way it would have a disclosure stating that if the show is going well the contact will be valid for another five years with a blank set increase or if it is not going well the contact will be ending after the fifth season. It would also need the disclosure that it is not negotiable.

Comment by Lisa – May 19, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The world needs a real sci-fi channel. Anybody feel like starting one? Maybe it could be started with an Indigogo campaign or something. There’s clearly a demand, and no supply.

Comment by Ben – May 20, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Eureka… now WH13. If Being Human is the next to go, Syfy won’t have anything to offer me anymore. Sad.

Comment by jen – May 21, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the Logan’s Run syndrome–when you reach age five, they kill you!!

Comment by Lilly – May 21, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks!!!!! I just recently got into the show this year and now they’re cancelling it! Season 4 was the first season that I have watched live all the other ones I watched on Netflix.

Comment by Brandy – May 23, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should make a 6th season to go along with the doth but put them together for one big final season

Comment by Andrew – May 28, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warehouse 13 is the only show I watch on SyFy. I think the problem with it’s ratings has to do with poor advertising of when it’s on. It used to be in the summer and now you never know when it’s on. When it goes off I will not be watching this station because they have nothing on their schedule that interest me.

Comment by dp – May 28, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree – when it started, it was a great summer show with original content rather than reruns. Now they air it haphazardly throughout the year – we didn’t even know when season 3 started airing since there was no advertisement for it at all. And Monday night at 10 is a terrible timeslot anyway. Very poor programming decision – this great show deserves something better.

Comment by lelu – May 31, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so Sad, it is such an interesting, and wonderful show, the cast are fantastic, they are such a great fit. My whole family love it, we will miss it terribly. but glad it is not just going to hang there like Fire fly was.

Comment by Astrid Smith – May 29, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What do you mean “hang in there like Firefly”? It didn’t even make it through its first season before it was cancelled. It never have a chance to hang in there. At least W13 will have had 5 seasons of goodness.

Comment by JeffDJ – May 29, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he means firefly never got an ending. hang there not hang in there

Comment by JP – June 15, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will miss warehouse 13 alot i hope myka and h.g have some type of interaction when jamie returns….that leaves me with watching defiance i think that is a good show and when lost girl comes back.

Comment by noah – May 29, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey you guys should stop complaining us lot down here in Australia don’t get syfy we have to download or watch every great show like warehouse via the Internet Australia tv is ten times worse you should be grateful for what you got

Comment by Aussie gal – May 29, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Aussiegal you obviously dont have foxtel cable cause W13 is shown on SF channel 1 week after US

Comment by phil – July 14, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the beginning of the season, there was talk about an H.G. Wells spin-off. Does anyone know if that’s a completely dead deal now? Or maybe there’s still some hope?

Comment by Bernadette – May 29, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, I am about ready to cancel cable. You get into a show, and they cancel it. Dr. Who is about the only show you can rely on. Everyone else watches DRAMA and crap like that. I got enough drama in my life, don’t need to watch it on TV. I’ll just buy the episodes on Apple TV.

Comment by Darryl Touchet – May 29, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible to cancel Warehouse 13 – move it back to a better timeslot! NBC just makes bad decision after bad decision with programming. Once Warehouse 13 concludes, there is nothing on Syfy I will watch anymore. I already stopped watching NBC a couple of years ago when they cancelled Life starring Damion Lewis. And they’ve managed to screw up the Weather Channel by showing news on it – the Weather Channel used to be a great place to get current content without seeing all the bad news in the world. Now I can’t leave my kids watching it because they might see something too violent. NBC = Nonsensically Bad Choices

Comment by lelu – May 31, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The time slot change was a deal breaker for me. Love 8 hours sleep and my job more than chasing a chopping block show through the night. Anyone remember MST3K,Dr Who and the like.The current crop of shows are just a reel’m in and toss’em back, fill the time slot fluff.Sigh Fie!

Comment by Jerald Burns – June 2, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When this station made the ridiculous name change from SciFi to SyFy and then added the inane “Imagine Greater” slogan, which makes no sense and is grammatically a nightmare, I new the end of its quality was around the corner. Aside from the horrendous reality tv, I surely do not go to a science fiction channel for wrestling!

Comment by Sable – June 3, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done with syfy…

Comment by Greg – June 4, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can at least have some sort of spin off of the show. They do have other warehouses out there that can take over. Just imagine one in Manhattan, as they did The Librarian with Noah Wyle from ER. I have to admit, that was an interesting concept, but they never did anything more with it. So, why not have a once in a while movie of the warehouse in other locations so we can have our treat without getting bored?

Comment by Joy – June 9, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah! There were talks about an H.G. Wells spin-off last year, and I would love to see that happen. I’m not-so-secretly hoping and wishing that they haven’t completely dropped that idea and may do it.

Comment by Bernadette – June 9, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well i can officially give up on syfy now no good shows worth watching any more, wont be surprised to see the whole channel pulled soon

Comment by Adam – June 11, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares. I liked this show till it turned into a Toyota and gay guy commercial.

Comment by Walter – June 12, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would you be so put off if Myka and HG got it on?

Comment by @HG4Myka – June 13, 2013 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad, bad SyFy Channel. Why do they keep cancelling the good shows? We all need to write them. I know that does no good but at least it will annoy them a little and punish them for canceling what we like to watch. How does one write the SyFy channel?

Comment by thecrazywritergraduated – June 12, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe the fundamental problem lies in the fact that one can shoot a photon torpedo through the SighFigh offices without hitting a single carbon based life form that either knows or cares the slightest bit about science or fiction. They hi-jacked the old SciFi channel and are riding it like a cheap hooker until it dies mid-groan. When that finally happens, maybe someone will resurect a real scifi channel.

Comment by Ben – June 13, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was an outstanding analysis, Ben, and I could not agree more.

Additionally, I have no problem with any cable channel repeating their shows several times during the week. It helps me get everything on my DVR that I want. Too bad there isn’t more that I want on this channel.

Comment by Sable – June 14, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ben – You are a great wordsmith – mebbe you should write SyFy a letter and give ‘em what for! Yours is the best entry I’ve seen here – on so many levels!

Comment by Diane Spivey – September 28, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that SyFy has let it’s fans down. A great tv channel from Sci-Fi to SyFy , from quality shows SG ,SGU ,EUREKA , WAREHOUSE 13 ,SANCTUARY and ALPHAS to name a few to sliding down to wrestling ( really?) , ghosts stories ( cheap fodder), game shows ( fillers) . So tell us now ,what sets SyFy apart from other networks now? Just not happy with all the cancellations. 😥

Comment by Lmnts – June 19, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warehouse 13, I am glad they are gone. I just watched an episode about an artifact that was killing people in a gated community as punishment for their sins. The Colonel was dying of poison gas. Why? He confessed that US Army troops used poison gas against civilians in Kuwait. American troops using poison gas against civilians in Kuwait!?!
    What a total lie and a twisting of history. Saddam used poison gas against civilians. The US military did not. It is a slur of the reputation of every American solider that such an allegation of war crimes would be broadcast on American television. I understand it’s fiction. I understand it’s just a show. I also understand the vile and corrupt nature of those in Hollywood who don’t support the troops in time of war.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Comment by Mike Creek – June 20, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Mike. Seems like Warehouse 13 got hi-jacked by folks with some agenda other than making good sci-fi, just like the Sigh-fie channel itself has been misappropriated.

Comment by Ben – June 20, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, but I have to disagree. This is not and should be a political forum, but since it has been brought up, the U.S. military is no less guilty of heinous acts during war time and peace time, as evidenced in part by the long time glossing over of rape and sexual misconduct. There are also many courageous acts of which they and we can all be proud. Acknowledging one does not negate the other.

Comment by Sable – June 21, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I objected to the lie that US troops used chemical weapons in Kuwait, a war crime condoned by a colonel. Every nation, and every military, every large city has instances of individual crimes, theft, rape, robbery, even murder. That’s not what Warehouse 13 was talking about, they besmirched the reputation of the US military and our veterans, and that’s just wrong. Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Comment by Mike Creek – June 21, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Despite of the made up artifacts from this show. Warehouse 13 has really taught me alot of people throughout history that I’ve never heard of before. I can’t believe they end it with myka getting cancer.

Comment by David – June 20, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a travesty to cancel such an exceptionally written, wonderfully casted well done show with the possibility of ‘unlimited wonder’. It seems like this happens to all the great SciFi shows. Are you executives crazy? This is very sad to see this one go. I think you need to change the criteria used to determine whether to renew or not. You are out of touch with your views!

Comment by ruler55 – June 24, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thu can’t cancel warehouse it’s the only good show left!!!!! Eureka is over too they can’t do this to us there are tons of fans there’s so much that can be done with the show it would be a waste to cancel it

Comment by Sara – June 24, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right here are the good shows SyFy had/s: Merlin, Eureka and Warehouse 13. Eureka has already been cancelled and was replaced with wrestling someone explain the science fiction in that its just fiction!!!!! I watch SyFy for the science part of the fiction!!! And Merlin is a fantastic show that could go on much longer if SyFy would listen to their fans instead of their wallets!!! Which they’re doing a horrible job of anyway because they are getting rid of all the good shows that people LOVE!!!! Warehouse, Merlin and Eureka should not be cancelled or should not have been cancelled!!!! Here’s a tip SyFy in order to make money you need good shows, shows like Merlin,Warehouse 13 and Eureka if you want to lose money cancel them but since you’re putting on wrestling which you get paid to do you’re all idiots!!!! KEEP GOOD SHOWS GO BACK TO ACTUAL SCIEMCE FICTION(exactly what Eureka WAS) AND GET RID OF WRESTLING AND GAME SHOWS!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sara – June 24, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Merlin wasn’t a SyFy show, it was from BBC; SyFy just picked it up from them and aired it, much as they do with Continuum, which originates up here in Canada.

Comment by JeffDJ – June 25, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Warehouse 13 and am sad to see it go but think we’re lucky it gets to wrap things up versus most sci-fi shows, and that it’s ending before it jumps the shark like most shows that last more than five seasons. Farscape had five seasons planned out from the very beginning, was very critically acclaimed, and got axed after shooting season four, ending with a cliff hanger and forcing them to finish things in a lackluster mini series. I actually stopped watching Eureka before it ended; it lost something special along the way though I’m not entirely sure what. Like books and movies, shows need an ending, and they need a thoughtful engaging ending, so hopefully warehouse 13 has enough time. It could probably use a whole season, but I still think it’s best that it’s coming to a close while we still love it.
    As far as scyfy channel canceling all of its good shows I completely agree but it’s not the only station that does. TV is in the money making business and unfortunately mindless reality shows, grim and violent procedurals, and bafflingly unfunny sitcoms are what the American audiences eat up. The music industry works in a similar vein. As long as the majority of people are flocking to their couches in droves for soulless dreck, soulless dreck is what we’ll get.

Comment by Kit Messinger – June 26, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is a lot to what you say. However, there are also arguments against it. There are many shows I could mention that retained their viewers and their quality for way longer than five years. I will limit myself to the most obvious one of all — “Gunsmoke.” It ran for twenty years at a time when there were 39 new episodes each year and a maximum of 6 minutes of commercials for a one-hour show. Reruns are still being aired today. Perhaps money-making and profiteering should not be the be-all and end-all of any business.

Comment by Sable – June 26, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also disappointed that warehouse 13 is being canceled by Syfy channel apparently they have completely idiot’s running the channel.

Comment by niceguy – June 26, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a absolute bang outta order thing to happen.We love WH13.Why do TV stations do this,putting a well followed program in a bad time slot and then it gets cancelled!.Its happened so much in recent times that iam finding it hard to invest in new programs in fear they will end up cancelled

Comment by Neil Frozenoak – June 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post