Dexter Final Season First Look: Watch the Official, Super-Spoilery, Deb-Centric Trailer!

Get More: First Look, Video

DexterSeason8PromoAfter teasing us for months with frustratingly short sneak peeks at Dexter‘s upcoming eighth and final season, Showtime is finally giving us what we’ve been waiting for: the first full-length trailer!

The following three-minute promo sheds disturbing new light on the mental and emotional breakdown Deb will suffer in the wake of LaGuerta’s murder.

Cocaine binges? Check. Anonymous sex? Check. Prescription drug dependency? Check. DUI bust? Check. Full-on confession? Maybe check.

RELATED | Shield Alum Joins Dexter‘s Final Season

Press PLAY below to glimpse Deb’s downward spiral, then hit the comments with your thoughts/predictions on Dexter‘s last hurrah, which gets underway on June 30.

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• Awesome.

Comment by rflairfan – May 17, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, it looks sooooo good.

Comment by gdv – May 17, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Deb, but… Jen is gonna rock this season her acting in this short clip, just wow.

Comment by archie – May 17, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still can’t muster up any sympathy for Deb. There are about 10,000 things she could have done that night other than shooting LaGuerta. Dexter didn’t make her do anything. That being said, this season looks AWESOME.

Comment by Meg – May 17, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t get me wrong: Deb is a fascinatingly complex/flawed character, but… The show is called DEXTER. It’ll be a huge disappointment if the focus isn’t on the main character. Hopefully, the writers will give Michael C. Hall the material to earn the Emmy he deserves.

Comment by digitalred93 – May 17, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happens to Deb being the Lt??

Comment by Rachel – May 17, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I pray to God, Zeus, whoever, that this season finally gets Jennifer Carpenter the Emmy that she deserves! Looks like she’s gonna kill it (pun intended)!

Comment by Brigette – May 17, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No kidding!

Comment by Kirstin E. Jewell – May 17, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Dexter somehow excluded from the Emmy category or something? I swear i didn´t know how she couldn´t have been nominated.

Comment by Emily – May 17, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see this right now but on the other hand the sooner I see it the sooner Dexter is over forever.

Comment by Kelly – May 17, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kind of hoping Deb winds up a killer.

Comment by Greg (@Synkalae) – May 17, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she will, I think she’ll kill Harrison to prevent him growing up in his father’s shoes and then herself as she is not handling having already killed very well. Don’t know about Dexter, tho. He has to go down like the final scenes in “Seconds” with Rock Hudson only Dexter-style.

Comment by Jayelle – June 16, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think she kills dexters son in a car crash that is my theory,shes gonna get drunk after telling dexter she will pick up his child and crash and that is my theory for what she is confessing

Comment by dkd – June 27, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like the best yet

Comment by lifesanarsehole – May 17, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want this to be the last season, that being said I am torn on how they should end it. I kind of want Dexter to get caught, on the other hand I want him to pull a Hannibal lector at the end of Hannibal the movie. Thoughts?

Comment by Me – May 17, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s time they wound things up. For the past two seasons it’s been more than obvious that they’re running out of good ideas. Shows tend to do better when they have a final season set, there’s something to work towards.

Comment by Philipp – May 19, 2013 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, they’ve really taken Deb all the way over the edge. I’m really interested to see how they do that and maintain a focused narrative.

Comment by Nat – May 17, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • to say “Deb is losing it” has been a GROSS understatement… i’m kind of in shock. shock in a good way. but pretty much in shock at how severe it has turned out to be… WHOA.

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 17, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eep! I can’t wait!

Comment by scg10 – May 17, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After watching the trailer: Theory 1 (possible) Deb admits to killing La Guerta but doesnt implicate dexter therefore saving dexter. Theory 2 (more likely scenario) Deb kills dexter in order to raise harrison not to become a killer. Theory 3 (cool scenario) Dexter gets caught either killing Hannah or the charlotte rampling character then flees the country with Harrison. Theory 4 (ingenious scenario) In reality it was Dexter who is actually is dead and is in some form of aterlife.

Comment by Michael – May 18, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Theory 4… :P

Comment by narf9481 – May 18, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like that song! very…..lack of empathy lol anyone know how i could get it?

Comment by Jonbot – May 28, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show Dexter I get it through Netflix I do not have cable so I am always looking for A series felt totally back when Weeds ended but it got to the point where yep time for it to go. But Dexter is awesome Showtime you have got a great show there and the characters all of them you love them or hate them. I don’t want Dexter to get caught, I think Michael C. Hall and the cast should do a Dexter Movie for Theaters. I love Michael C. Hall great actor and Deb amazing character very well played. Thank you I am starting season 5 I think I am going to have to buy all the seasons now so I can watch Dexter over and over and over again. Thank you Showtime, Thank you cast, crew and all involved in Dexter Thank you so much!

Comment by MARIA – June 16, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post