Dexter Final Season First Look: Watch the Official, Super-Spoilery, Deb-Centric Trailer!

DexterSeason8PromoAfter teasing us for months with frustratingly short sneak peeks at Dexter‘s upcoming eighth and final season, Showtime is finally giving us what we’ve been waiting for: the first full-length trailer!

The following three-minute promo sheds disturbing new light on the mental and emotional breakdown Deb will suffer in the wake of LaGuerta’s murder.

Cocaine binges? Check. Anonymous sex? Check. Prescription drug dependency? Check. DUI bust? Check. Full-on confession? Maybe check.

RELATED | Shield Alum Joins Dexter‘s Final Season

Press PLAY below to glimpse Deb’s downward spiral, then hit the comments with your thoughts/predictions on Dexter‘s last hurrah, which gets underway on June 30.

1. rflairfan says:

Awesome.

2. gdv says:

Man, it looks sooooo good.

3. archie says:

Poor Deb, but… Jen is gonna rock this season her acting in this short clip, just wow.

4. Meg says:

Still can’t muster up any sympathy for Deb. There are about 10,000 things she could have done that night other than shooting LaGuerta. Dexter didn’t make her do anything. That being said, this season looks AWESOME.

• digitalred93 says:

Don’t get me wrong: Deb is a fascinatingly complex/flawed character, but… The show is called DEXTER. It’ll be a huge disappointment if the focus isn’t on the main character. Hopefully, the writers will give Michael C. Hall the material to earn the Emmy he deserves.

5. Rachel says:

What happens to Deb being the Lt??

6. Brigette says:

I pray to God, Zeus, whoever, that this season finally gets Jennifer Carpenter the Emmy that she deserves! Looks like she’s gonna kill it (pun intended)!

7. Kelly says:

I want to see this right now but on the other hand the sooner I see it the sooner Dexter is over forever.

8. I’m kind of hoping Deb winds up a killer.

• Jayelle says:

I think she will, I think she’ll kill Harrison to prevent him growing up in his father’s shoes and then herself as she is not handling having already killed very well. Don’t know about Dexter, tho. He has to go down like the final scenes in “Seconds” with Rock Hudson only Dexter-style.

• dkd says:

i think she kills dexters son in a car crash that is my theory,shes gonna get drunk after telling dexter she will pick up his child and crash and that is my theory for what she is confessing

9. Looks like the best yet

10. Me says:

I really don’t want this to be the last season, that being said I am torn on how they should end it. I kind of want Dexter to get caught, on the other hand I want him to pull a Hannibal lector at the end of Hannibal the movie. Thoughts?

• Philipp says:

It’s time they wound things up. For the past two seasons it’s been more than obvious that they’re running out of good ideas. Shows tend to do better when they have a final season set, there’s something to work towards.

11. Nat says:

Man, they’ve really taken Deb all the way over the edge. I’m really interested to see how they do that and maintain a focused narrative.

12. cjeffery7 says:

to say “Deb is losing it” has been a GROSS understatement… i’m kind of in shock. shock in a good way. but pretty much in shock at how severe it has turned out to be… WHOA.

13. scg10 says:

Eep! I can’t wait!

14. Michael says:

After watching the trailer: Theory 1 (possible) Deb admits to killing La Guerta but doesnt implicate dexter therefore saving dexter. Theory 2 (more likely scenario) Deb kills dexter in order to raise harrison not to become a killer. Theory 3 (cool scenario) Dexter gets caught either killing Hannah or the charlotte rampling character then flees the country with Harrison. Theory 4 (ingenious scenario) In reality it was Dexter who is actually is dead and is in some form of aterlife.

15. Jonbot says:

i like that song! very…..lack of empathy lol anyone know how i could get it?

16. MARIA says:

I love the show Dexter I get it through Netflix I do not have cable so I am always looking for A series felt totally back when Weeds ended but it got to the point where yep time for it to go. But Dexter is awesome Showtime you have got a great show there and the characters all of them you love them or hate them. I don’t want Dexter to get caught, I think Michael C. Hall and the cast should do a Dexter Movie for Theaters. I love Michael C. Hall great actor and Deb amazing character very well played. Thank you I am starting season 5 I think I am going to have to buy all the seasons now so I can watch Dexter over and over and over again. Thank you Showtime, Thank you cast, crew and all involved in Dexter Thank you so much!