TVLine Items: Watch Under the Dome's Full Trailer, USA Picks Up Pair of Comedies and More!

Under the Dome TrailerReady to go Under the Dome?

CBS has unveiled the first full-length trailer for its upcoming summer series, which stars Mike Vogel (Pan Am), Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected), Rachelle Lefevre (A Gifted Man), Dean Norris (Breaking Bad)  and Natalie Martinez (CSI: NY), among others.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

The 13-episode drama, based on the novel by Stephen King, takes place in the New England community of Chester’s Mill. In the snap of a finger, the town is tossed into turmoil after finding itself trapped beneath a transparent barrier.

Press PLAY below, then hit the comments with your snappy judgements.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• USA Network has picked up two series: Sirens, a Chicago EMT-centered comedy starring Michael Mosley, Kevin Daniels, Jessica McNamee and Kevin Bigley; and Playing House, a sitcom based on the real-life friendship of Best Friends Forever funny ladies Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham.

• Prospect Park has announced that beginning Monday, May 20, The Online Network will make available just two episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live a week. “[The] viewing patterns resemble more closely the typical patterns of online viewing rather than how one would watch traditional television,” the production company said in a statement released Thursday. “This leads us to believe we are posting too many episodes and making it far too challenging for viewers to keep up.”

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

• 666 Park Avenue alumna Samantha Logan has joined General Hospital as Felix’s little sister Taylor, ABC Soaps In Depth reports. She makes her Port Charles debut on June 4.

• HBO has given a series order to a Silicon Valley-set dark comedy from King of the Hill‘s Mike Judge, Deadline reports. The pilot stars T.J. Miller (The Goodwin Games), Thomas Middleditch (The Office), Lindsey Broad (The Office),  Zach Woods (The Office) and Kumail Nanjiani (Burning Love).

Saturday Night Live alum Kristen Wiig will lend her voice to an episode of The Simpsons next season, EW.com reports. She’ll voice an FBI agent who interacts with Lisa.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Daytime TV, Series Orders, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. iMember says:

“I used to have fish, then one of them got sick. The other one ate ‘em.” I love Britt Robertson <333

Can't wait to watch Under the Dome. Looks good!

2. Peng9803 says:

Playing House sounds exactly like Best Friends Forever.

3. Bob says:

I’m still waiting for Disney to order a series for Girl Meets World.

• Thea says:

Good lord, THIS. After all the buzz, you’d think they’d stop keeping us hanging and just DO IT already.

4. John says:

EMT-centered comedy. Because nothing brings out the grins like blunt force trauma?

Somebody didn’t see that cop musical….

5. Dee says:

After only 3 weeks, Prospect Park is already putting a nail in the coffin of on-line soaps. Who knew that instead of trying to save the soaps, they were actually going to pull a Frons after less than a month. Back in the heyday, 5 hours a week. Then on to Hulu and we get 2 hours a week (and were grateful). Now we get 1 hour a week with a veiled threat to watch both shows (since so many people watch one but not the other). Bing-bong, bing-bong, bing-bong, yes PP, the bell is tolling for thee.

• dude says:

They should. Their soaps are terrible. They shouldn’t even be allowed to call it One Life to Live. They’re going to cancel them and all of this will be for nothing. The lawsuit to General Hospital, the fact that Roger Howarth, Kristen Alderson and Michael Easton can’t play the characters they’ve been playing for years anymore.

• Ava says:

People are watching one PP soap because the other is terrible. Writing for One Life is awful and destined the reboot to failure.

• j says:

I like one life better that AMC – no Erica no AMC in my opinion. I’ve been watching them both on my lunch hour but I miss the convenience of watching on DVR when I want at home.

• Joanna says:

I’m calling BS on the “We’re posting too many episodes”. Have not watched One Life to Live in over 20 yrs but fell in love with Todd Manning’s character on General Hospital. I have watched all 15 episodes of both shows, not expecting great quality, but the writing on OLTL has been terrible. I feel embarrassed for the actors and there are no words to express how much I hate the nightclub scenes. All My Children is a little better but not by much. I don’t think anyone expected the same quality as when they were on TV, but at least hire some decent writers. I’ll keep watching a little while longer since I don’t want to lose AMC, but to me it looks like Prospect Park has screwed us over again, just like ABC did.

• j says:

i do agree on the nightclub scenes – pretty bad and the sound on a pc from nightclub background music makes it hard to hear the dialogue

6. Pocki says:

How did I miss that they are doing an American Sirens? Damn. That show was so good and got way too few episodes. I just want more of the original!

7. dude says:

Does this hurt Happy Endings chance at getting picked up?

• Adam says:

It might. I think that if it were going to be picked up, it would have been announced at their upfront today. However, since they didn’t state that there is no chance of it happening during the up fronts, then there is still a chance that they are considering it or that negotiations are on-going.

8. kates2424 says:

I’m excited for Under the Dome, but ugh, do I hate Britt Robertson.

9. Lauren says:

Really looking forward to In The Dome, hope it lives up to my expectations!

10. Rook says:

I heard they are de-gaying on the American version or Sirens, does anyone know if this is true?

• Tired says:

Lets hope so. So sick of constant in your face gay stuff. A person who only knew our civilization by watching our tv shows would think half the population is gay. It’s so annoying.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

Waaa waaa!

• Brody says:

In reality, it’s estimated that about 10% of people are gay (or otherwise non-hetero), and I’d venture to say that the percentage of gay characters on TV is much smaller, so if you’re looking for a 100% hetero cast of characters, I don’t think you’ll have too hard a time finding such a show. (Start with CBS procedurals, perhaps.) In the mean time, perhaps you ought to figure out what it is about yourself and your worldview that makes people who aren’t just like you so “annoying.”

• Zachary says:

They are not degaying Sirens. Hank, the USA version of Ashley, is gay. He is also black.

11. Jen says:

I read the statement that The Online Network released about OLTL and AMC, and it’s ridiculous how they try to spin this. They filled it with numbers and “research” when really they just need to admit that they can’t pull this off. As much as I miss my soaps, I would have rather them end as they did and call it a day.

Also…sneaky headline! I thought it was going to be that USA picked up Happy Endings.

12. DavidSask says:

With USA having these new comedies does that mean there is no hope of Happy Endings being picked up?

13. scarfsa says:

The book is based on my hometown and I saw Stephen King walking down Main St. with a film crew and had no idea what was going on. Now I do. Looks great, will definitely watch.

14. Cherry says:

Under the Dome looks so good!
    and TJ Miller joining a new comedy? aww, does that mean seriously no chance for Goodwin Games? it looks pretty good, they just needed to give it a chance.

15. Trresa says:

It looks good but I’m so hesitant to get into another series for fear of cancellation. They have an excellent show like Golden Boy and they cancel it after only one season. All sorts of questions that will never be answered.

16. DreamRose311 says:

Does Under the Done have a start date yet?! I’m going nuts waiting for it to be announced!!

• j says:

I think june 24th – if you look at the summer calendar on this site it tells you when almost anything is starting.

17. Ella says:

I thought I was gonna come here and read that USA had picked up Happy Endings :(

18. I am really really REALLY excited for Under the Dome!

19. Leah says:

I can’t wait for Under the Dome! It looks like a good miniseries, but it also seems they are straying from the book a bit, as far as characters go.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

I’ll fix that for you… “straying from the book a lot, as far as the characters go”… but that’s okay, as long as they tell a good story, they can change some of the characters (and how long they live!) and I won’t be too upset! :D

• Jane says:

It would be even more ok if they would change the ending. I liked the book up until the end which was just dumb

20. Sareeta says:

Under the Dome looks really good, like the mystery aspect of Lost + the paranoia of The Walking Dead.

21. Jen says:

Can’t wait to see how they play out the meth smokers at the end, lol. I really hope they don’t stray too far from the book. Linda and Rusty on opposite sides of the dome, come on now. One season, finish the book. Don’t ruin this for me.