What to Watch Thursday: The Office Closes, Idol No. 12 Is Crowned, Grey's, TVD and More Finales

The OfficeOn TV this final Thursday of May Sweeps: The people person’s paper people put in their final hours at The Office; Grey’s Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, The Big Bang Theory, Scandal, Beauty and the Beast and Elementary wrap their seasons; and Aisha Tyler gets animated with W. Kamau Bell. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The Office (NBC) | Series finale: After an hour-long retrospective of the past nine seasons, the series says goodbye with a super-sized, 75-minute episode in which the Dunder Mifflinites reunite – months after the airing of the documentary – for a wedding. (Check out some preview photos, get scoop and hear what the cast has to say about the final hour – plus, you down wit’ our Dundies?)

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | Season finale, Part 2: It all comes down to this two-hour episode: Candice or Kree?

The Vampire Diaries8 pm The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | Season finale: On graduation day, a ghostly encounter leaves Damon’s life in danger. Meanwhile, Elena makes a decision about the Salvatore bros and has an epic confrontation with Katherine, and Stefan discovers a clue to the mystery surrounding Silas. (Get scoop and peruse graduation pics!) (Yep, renewed.)

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Season finale: An overseas job offer for Leonard makes Sheldon jealous and throws Penny for a loop (watch a sneak preview); Raj pushes Lucy too far in their relationship (might those two be the couple alluded to in this scoop?) (TV’s No. 1 comedy is renewed, yes.)

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Season finale: While the hospital’s in crisis mode during the storm – and Meredith’s in labor – a doctor fights for his or her life. (Get scoop, scoop and a little more scoop, then check out a video preview.) (Yep, renewed.)

9 pm Elementary (CBS) | Two-hour season finale: As Sherlock reels at the appearance of Irene Adler, flashbacks show us what led to his descent into addiction. In the meantime, the genius and Joan once again find themselves as Moriarty’s mercy. (See some preview pics.) (Renewed.)

9 pm Beauty and the Beast (The CW) | Season finale: A revelation changes everything Cat knew about her past, Vincent stares his demise in the face and Gabe takes drastic measures to get answers. (Check out a preview photo and find out why Sendhil Ramamurthy calls the episode “torturous.”) (Renewed.)

RELATED | May Season Finale Calendar: What’s Ending When?

10 pm Scandal (ABC) | Season finale: As the reveal of the mole’s identity draws nigh, Olivia and her team are in real danger. (Watch a Fitz-and-Olivia-filled sneak peek and get some scoop.) (Renewed.)

10:15 pm Hannibal (NBC) | 45-minute episode, limited commercial interruption: A killer takes action to gain Hannibal’s attention, then attempts to take Lecter’s life; Will seeks solace in a romantic interlude with Alana.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

11 pm Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell (FX) | Aisha Tyler (Archer, The Talk) joins Bell for the evening.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. mayiread says:

I’m predicting that Damon takes the cure against his will. It makes sense since he’s the only one who really, really doesn’t want it, and it would still break the sire bond.

• Baileigh says:

There never has been a sire bond between Elena and Damon, however there has been an understanding between Stefan and Caroline that it is impossible for Elena to have feelings for Damon on her own merit so the only logical explanation for these two (and the one they shoved down the audience throats during the first half of the season) was that Elena had this sire bond thingie with Damon. Stefan did not want to admit to himself that Elena had fallen in love with his brother and for some reason neither did Caroline. Honestly, I would not be half surprised if he is forced to take the cure if Stefan is the one who forces Damon to take it solely under the impression that the once Damon is a human again, He (Stefan) can have Elena all to himself again.

• mayiread says:

I wouldn’t put it past Stefan. As much guff as Damon gets, Stefan was always the selfish one to me.

• Baileigh says:

Also, wouldn’t it bring everything full circle with the brothers? Stefan was the one who forced Damon to turn in the first place back in 1864 because he did not want tot be alone in the world. It would make sense if Stefan is the one who forces Damon to turn back because in his mind Damon is a threat to his relationship with Elena.

• mayiread says:

It’s so going to happen.

• Fran says:

Yikes, I get that you obviously prefer Damon but come on. Stefan was rightfully upset that Elena went with Damon so soon after them breaking up. Caroline doesn’t like Damon for obvious reasons. Stefan is by no means perfect but I can’t see him forcing his brother to take something he so obviously doesn’t want. Nothing in this season shows that he would do something like that. And there WAS a sire bond whether we all hated it (and count me among them) or not. I don’t get it but they made it prefectly clear that is was not all in Stefan and Elena’s head. Honestly I feel like Stefan has been moving on from Elena and I hope that’s still the case. He deserves better and so does Damon.

• James says:

There was a sire bond between the two. You might not like it and I might not like it and it may have not made much sense- but that’s the way the writers went. It was confirmed and not a thing of the imagination.

2. B says:

TVD
    Grey’s!
    Scandal, which better resolve some plot lines and set up some change because aside from Olivia and Fitz last week I’ve been so damn bored
    BUT
    most importantly

3. B says:

TVD
    Grey’s!
    BUT
    most importantly
    The Office, which I will cry during; which I requested off work for (hey! At least I didn’t leave for a sailing trip for months without telling my boss!); which I truly expect to be in the spirit of the office: funny to the bone while remaining quaint, humble and oh so lovable

4. GK says:

The Vampire Diaries
    The Big Bang Theory
    Grey’s Anatomy

5. SK says:

Big Bang Theory
    Hannibal

6. This is what we calll a mother of season finale.

7. kirads09 says:

The Big Bang Theory
    Elementary

DVR: Hannibal

8. Christine says:

Elementary

9. sladewilson says:

TBBT, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal live – Elementary DVR

10. lyn says:

TBBT and Inspector Lewis on PBS

11. Fran says:

I’m still (stupidly) holding out hope that Elena chooses to be by herself for awhile. Going with either brother right now makes no sense after everything that happened but I know it’s just wishful thinking.

12. Cher says:

Unfortunately, where I am in Canada, TVD is getting preempted for American Idol. If I’m lucky, I might get to watch the finale a week from Saturday. So Stupid.

• James says:

That really stinks. It’s just like here in PA when it’s preempted due to a football game. I’m a football fan but not everyone is. Just like not everyone likes reality TV. Can you watch it online after it airs tonight?

13. Ed says:

TBBT, GREYS AND SCANDAL. Going to be a hot night for finales.

14. ollie says:

im looking to you tvd to give us an awesome finale as always. I have been disappointed with my other shows finale I watch.

15. Aprilcot says:

The Office, and that is all. I’ll DVR Hannibal…I’m expecting to be too much of a mess after The Office is over to pay much attention. :)

16. Jared says:

BatB finale for me. This show has quickly become an obsession.

17. Cathy says:

I’m watching whatever is posted above, because everyday whoever writes these articles happens to know exactly what I’m watching. Not to mention I might be getting paid to post on here about my favorite posted show. Don’t forget all the people on here with the “Hey, I’m watching this TOO”.
    Someone has to be watching something on cable. Of all the shows and all the channels, the only one worth mentioning is that crappy late night FX show.

18. Ebee says:

I think Damon will take the cure, not because he doesn’t want to be human, but just to show Elena how he really feels.

19. Nicole says:

Scandal!! I can’t wait since we found out not only is Billy alive that he is the mole. I wonder if the team will find out that David is working with Billy and he stole the cytron card.

20. Andy says:

TBBT, Hannibal, and Zach Stone because I love Bo

21. dude says:

big bang the office

22. Brandy says:

TBBt, VD,BatB. So excited for the last two.

23. justme says:

Hannibal and Scandal

24. Angie says:

Grey’s Anatomy

25. Pat D. says:

It really should have been cancelled years ago, the fact that it trudged on with such lame writing with the great episodes VERY far between, kind of hurts its overall legacy I think.

But still, there will be misty eyes in my house when The Office signs out for the final time tonight at (10:15?).

26. bobbie says:

Elementary, Hannibal

27. GWC says:

Why doesn’t subject line of your email feature Scandal on what to watch tonight? Especially on season finale? Isn’t it crazy popular?

Also, I’m in Central time zone. Your times are all eastern but don’t indicate so. Just wondering why your eblasts aren’t time zone sensitive?

28. oloeru says:

oloeru lucia
    Dealul Bucium 4
    700272
    Romania, IASI

29. Sarah says:

Sigh. The last time my Thursday at 9 will be dedicated to a new episode of The Office *sniff*

30. Tania says:

My decision is easy. Elementary and Hannibal

31. Joe Petitjean says:

Idol and Scandal

32. vannesa says:

Elena got her ass kicked…but this episode was surprising

33. oloeru says: