Fall TV Preview

Fall Preview: Watch Clips from Tomorrow People, Reign, The 100 and Other New CW Series

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Video

TomorrowPeopleThe CW rounded out this week’s upfront presentations on Thursday, releasing first looks at the new series comprising its 2013-14 lineup. Among the netlet’s fresh offerings are the Julie Plec/Greg Berlanti-helmed Tomorrow People, a Vampire Diaries , a 90210 vet’s Star-Crossed project spin-off and more.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Preview what’s ahead on The CW below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

The Originals, with Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin (airing Tuesdays at 8/7c)

The Tomorrow People, with Peyton List, Robbie Amell and Mark Pellegrino (Wednesdays at 9 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Reign, with Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Celina Sinden and Megan Follows (Thursdays at 9 pm)

And bowing at midseason…

The 100, with Eliza Taylor, Eli Goree, Henry Ian Cusick and Paige Turco (TBD)

Star-Crossed, with Aimee Teegarden, Matt Lanter and Malese Jow (TBD)

Comments (132)

• Reign looks awful. Like Gossip Girl, but in the Renaissance.

Comment by SylwekG – May 16, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what it looks like. I guess it remains to be seen whether that’s awful or awesome. It’s certainly something that network TV has never tried before.

Comment by wordsmith – May 16, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank god someone said it.

Comment by Jay – May 16, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally thought the same thing. I had high hopes for it. Hopefully it’ll get better.

Comment by Nicole – May 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No it won’t Nicole :( This isn’t just a matter of chemistry lacking, or a character that doesn’t fit, or writing that needs to be improved. It’s the whole look of the show, it looks like a bunch of snooty rich girls at a renaissance fair, that’s how bad it looks. There’s no way this show will make it. I will eat my hat if it does.

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually love the look of the promos for Reign. It makes me wonder about the people at this site. Read any of the comments on this site after articles regarding the Vampire Diaries. So many haters.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Haters is such a dumb and overused word. People who don’t like what you don’t and have an opinion are not hating. Get over it.

Comment by Slappy_san (@Slappy_san) – May 22, 2013 12:01 AM PDT
          • It’s always an adventure on a virgin post when you find a typo and discover you can’t edit.

‘Haters’ and ‘swag” are two words I wish would just die.

Comment by Slappy_san (@Slappy_san) – May 22, 2013 12:03 AM PDT
    • Not Gossip Girl, but 90210 in the Renaissance. I cannot get over just how awful it looks and how much history gets farted in the face by this devastatingly bad looking show.
      Now I really want to punish that network exec who said it was “Game of Thrones for girls”. Girls everywhere should be seriously upset that a network thinks this crap is what they need.

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’ve only seen like 30 seconds. Calm your tits.

Comment by Warren – May 16, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If I had tits I’d be “calming” them all the time. Unfortunately that pesky Y chromosome is my undoing :(
          And I only needed 10 seconds to know how bad it was, the remaining 20 were just added torture.

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lol @ Eli. That Reign preview was indeed torture. If that was supposed to be a highlight to draw viewers in – yikes! Just how bad is the rest going to be!

Comment by Judy – May 16, 2013 12:49 PM PDT
    • I think it was the only one that looked decent (aside from The Originals which is a given.) But then again I liked Gossip Girl.

Comment by Danielle H. – May 16, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which means multiple seasons… ugh.

Comment by Temperance – May 16, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dont’ judge by that clip, the script is AWESOME! I am not kidding, and I have pretty high standards. Don’t know why they showed that clip though.

Comment by kevin – May 16, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Tomorrow People looks better than I expected. The 100 looks promising too.

Comment by derekjustderek – May 16, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I like that Tomorrow People is going straight to the team-up aspect. Those were always my favorite bits of Smallville. Hopefully having fewer and more competent (but not ridiculously overpowered) superheroes will avoid some of the plot issues that Heroes fell into.
      I like the look and concept of The 100, though I guess we’ll have to wait and see what the plot of an episode will actually be from week to week.

Comment by wordsmith – May 16, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, because that clip of The 100 did not tell us much..at all. I wish they would post a trailer soon to get a better sense of these shows.

Comment by derekjustderek – May 16, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was fine with the trailer… and then I watched the clip and saw that they have the power of bullettime(tm)… and they don’t Jaunt they Teleport.

Seriously, you bought the rights, use SOMETHING from the property not just ‘kids with superpowers’.

Comment by Dr. M – May 16, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the British version of the Tomorrow People, although that was back in the early- late 70′s. I will give it a looksee although I hope it doesnt turn out like ever other tv show america has ripped off the rest of the world, Rubbish.

Comment by Lady_Daerwen – July 12, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really surprised how good the new shows look! Thumbs UP for CW!
    Reign has a Telenovela feeling but much more serious. Starcrossed. I love the cast and the story seems quite nice.
    The100 good picture quality let’s see if the story can hold the same quality. The TP hmm they have to be really good to keep a SN show with heroes up.

Comment by Maki – May 16, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pilots look better overall than the 80% drek conjured up by most of the other networks. ABC managed precicely one regular show and one limited series. Ugh.

Comment by Temperance – May 16, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will check out the pilots for all of these except Reign

Comment by tvaddict – May 16, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reign is a second rate Game of Thrones, so there’s no reason to watch. Star Crossed is just an updated near exact replication of Roswell, so again, no reason to watch. The Tomorrow People looks exactly like Heroes and SHIELD, so I’ll probably pass on that also. The 100 looks decent, so I’ll check that out. The rest look so unbelievably…teenage, more so than usual. Meh.

Comment by YowzaPowza – May 16, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No reason for you to watch*

Comment by Florian – May 16, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you judged everything on the fact that it looks like it’s copying another show, then why bother tuning into TV? You might as well say Grey’s Anatomy copied ER, Criminal Minds copied CSI, Nikita copied Alias, etc, etc. Everything is it’s own shows.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 16, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • JJC BIG CORRECTION:

Alias COPIED La Femme Nikita, which NIkia is based on. Know your facts!

Comment by Know Your History – May 16, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You just proved my point.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 16, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You mean I powned your point ;)

Comment by Know Your History – May 16, 2013 10:47 AM PDT
    • You do know that GOT is so damn amazing that calling Reign a ‘second rate GOT’ is high critical praise right? Lol.

Comment by GK – May 16, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More like a ‘fourth rate GOT’ am I right? ;)

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Rochelle – May 16, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Game of Thrones is the best show on tv right now and its a second rate version of the epic “Mahabharata”. How do you feel now?

Comment by POIFanatic – May 17, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything is bad except The Tomorrow People, that looked awesome, and The Originals, that was passable.

Comment by Alan Martins Rodrigues – May 16, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Tomorrow People looks boring. I’m excited about The Originals, Reign and The 100. Not sure about Star-Crossed.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They look pretty damn awesome. Far better than the other network’s. And looks like The CW couched up some pretty big cash for these. I will watch them all i think, except Reign.

Comment by Adam – May 16, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel as though that out of all of these that Reign will be the biggest flop. High hopes for The Tomorrows People (and most likely) The Originals (even though I won’t be watching). I’ll definitely watch Star-Crossed (and probably) The 100!

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 16, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… the Originals’ clip didn’t show us anything new, just a scene from the already aired backdoor pilot, a.k.a. episode 20 of season 4 of the Vampire Diaries.
    I at least expected some new scenes…

Comment by Jules – May 16, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s probably done that way so we don’t get spoiled on TVD finale tonight.

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – May 16, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you do know that they haven’t yet started shotting the series right? the backdoor pilot is all they have so far.

Comment by JR18 – May 16, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right. All of these teasers are just footage from their respective pilots, which in the case of the Originals, has already aired.

Comment by wordsmith – May 16, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That backdoor pilot, was the pilot. They haven’t filmed anything from The Originals yet so how do you expect them to show you something they haven’t filmed?

Comment by dude – May 16, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing that looks interesting in Star-Crossed. I am very disappointed in The CW this year.

And the schedule makes ABSOUTLY NO sense.

Vampire with a period drama?! Arrow with an alien show?! Dixie with a supernatural/fantasy drama?! The only that does make sense is Carrie Diaries with Top Model cuz they are fashion related.

And the poor The Originals has to go up against 2 of the biggest shows on television: The Voice and NCIS.

Comment by Jared – May 16, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Arrow is teamed up w/ The Tomorrow People, which is more superhero than alien. I think it’s a good fit. Plus cousins get to share the same night on TV, pretty cool! Also, I don’t think The Originals is going to lose too many of its viewers to NCIS, The Voice is a different story. It seems like the network already thinks Reign will be a long-shot which is why they paired it w/ TVD, hoping the strong lead-in might help it’s chances.

Comment by Meredith – May 16, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cannot defend monday or thursday nights, but the alien show and arrow is supposed to be a superhero night, both of them (I assume) saving the world somehow. Carrie Diaries and Top Model is the best pair-up of the entire lineup. BATB would be better with StarCrossed (formerly Oxygen) and Dixie would be better (not much better) with Reign.

Comment by lll – May 16, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Originals is not going against The Voice. NBC has schedule The Biggest Loser there. It is going against Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD though.

Comment by GK – May 16, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And who watches TV in real time anymore? Take your pick – Aussue, British, American…

Comment by Temperance – May 16, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll check out Reign, maybe StarCrossed.The Originals is for sure ill watch.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 100, The Tomorrow People and Star-Crossed look alike. Group of young people with a very special mission go to a new land… Otherwise all three look kinda good.

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – May 16, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reign looks awfull…like a costume series with more drama than one could comprehend, the 100 looks interessting as well as the Tomorrow People but Star-Crossed looks just horrible.
    The Originals is the only new show I actually want to watch after watching those clips. I’ll give the 100 and Tomorrow People a try but well…I’m underwhelmed.

Comment by mac – May 16, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Star-Crossed looks awful. Graduate from high school Matt Lanter! It was a stretch the first time.

Comment by dude – May 16, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this shows seem awful!! Reign is going to be cancelled very fast!!!!

Comment by liliana – May 16, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Star-Crossed looks absolutely awful. The 100 looks like something I’d give a shot to and the Tomorrow People looks good. Obviously the Originals is something I’ll watch. Reign looked boring from the trailer.

Comment by Tim – May 16, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Tomorrow People looks pretty good as does The 100 the rest i’ll pass on.

Comment by James – May 16, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Star-crossed” looks horrible. The styling of the “aliens” isn’t good. An alien in love with a human from his past? They have a “special bond”? The aliens came to Earth to attend high school? Protestors with “No tatties!” signs as the aliens enter the school? Cheesy.

“The 100″ does NOT look good based on that clip. Seriously, the first people on Earth in 100 years and the first thing that girl says is “We’re back!” with party music playing in the background. That is the best the writers/director/etc could do when introducing what should have been an “epic” moment?

“The Tomorrow People” looks interesting.

Comment by T – May 16, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100% on your opinion on Star-Crossed and The 100. As for The Tomorrow People, it’s just a show for me.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not really impressed with any of these new shows I will probably check out Tomorrow People since it is by Julie Plec and Greg Berlanti who do arrow and TVD but really everything else is not very intriguing. Too much sci fi stuff and i think you really have to like that stuff or not so i think it is a hit or miss on some of those I have no desire to watch 100 or reign and I agree with everyone that Star – crossed is just an updated version of Roswell which was actually a good show but now everyone just knows about the aliens. Not sure why CW went so sci fi this year kind of disappointed i was hoping for some good shows. Kind of surprised no one went for anything similar or like PLL or abc family shows those all do great and would get good ratings on the CW if they had similar shows. I miss the days of Dawson’s creek, felicity, jack and bobby, one tree hill, the OC, veronica mars even gossip girl at its finest and 90210, its hard to relate and feel connected to aliens. I get people want to latch on to what has been really popular like vampires, the hunger games, divergent, Mortal Instruments and so on so to make shows like that they are more likely to be picked up maybe. Who knows but i personally am super disappointed in the shows. I will keep watching what i currently do on the CW which includes VD, Arrow hart of Dixie the Carrie diaries and beauty and the beast and will tune into the originals but pry not many of the new shows. I do understand that people like it and i get where they are gearing it towards but just wish there was more diversity in shows and not all similar in sci fi. Just stating my opinion and i know others love these kind of shows but just wish there was a mix of new shows. :(

Comment by Gia (@Gval21) – May 16, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You like Beauty-Beast, TVD and Arrow. Don’t you think what you’re saying is a bit hypocritical? There are still regular young-female oriented shows like Carrie Diaries, Hart of Dixie and now Reign (kinda). Just enjoy them. Its not like The CW has tons of schedule space.

Comment by GK – May 16, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CW has so many new shows that look good. Wow.

Comment by John – May 16, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL. All future flops for sure. These shows are all terrible.

One is a copy of Rosewell, the other is a copy of Heroes. I can see Reign flopping hard and getting canceled early.

Comment by DDDDDDDDDDDD – May 16, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, The Tomorrow People is a remake of the British series that aired in the 70s, soooo technically Heroes copied that.

Comment by Meredith – May 16, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yay! someone who knows about the old Tomorrow People! I wasn’t around for the 70′s one but vividly remember the early 90′s Nickelodeon version (loved that!) I had to check it out when I saw the trailer on t.v. wondering if there was a connection! Def going to watch :)

Comment by lyss6o6o – May 22, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Star Crossed looks like a poor version of Roswell.

Comment by Amanda – May 16, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!! It looks like a really bad version of Roswell.

Comment by Jj – May 16, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. It’s like they sucked all the good out of Roswell, then mixed what was left of it with Twilight (which has always reminded me of Roswell, but I digress). It looks like it’s going to be an abomination, which probably means it’ll do well.

Comment by Sienna – May 16, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The special effects for The Tomorrow People actually look very clean. Impressed!

Comment by brycealexander – May 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much diversity CW, way to go with the casting. Now I know what the “CW” really stands for.

Comment by biss – May 16, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing. CW is staying on course with their tradition to show no diversity. Apparently, in the CW worlds only one race exist. It speaks volumes about how they think.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So Maggie Q is white now? Cool.

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • As is Aaron Yoo, apparently.

Comment by Darryl Gillikin – May 16, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow, you just named one. How great! You should feel proud.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Robbie Jones is black and has been on OTH,Hellcats,90210( as Q, Lewis and Jordan)..Tristan Wilds (Dixon Wilson)is black and a lead on 90210.Micheal Steger (Navid Sirrazi on 90210)is Persian if I remember correctly.The woman who plays Larissa on Carrie Diaries is black.Maggie Q. Is Asian. Cress Wlliams(Lavon Hayes on HoD ) is black. Kat Grahm(Bonnie Bennett on VD) is black.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Is OTH on the air? Why isn’t 90210 on the schedule for fall? What about the shows now? I have to admit Beauty and the Beast is not bad in the area of representing the world as it is now, but what about the new pilots above? Disgraceful. I’m glad some writers/producers on other networks for other shows get it.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Also, Jessica Lucas(Riley on Melrose Place 2009& Sky on Cult this season) is black.Senhil Ramhurthy(Gabe Lman on BATB this season) is black as is Nina L (Tess on BATB this season) so thses and my other examples of cw having divsersity means you can quit crying about how they don’t have diversity when they and I’ve come up with much more than example.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LMAO. You just allowed me to see your grade.So I’m crying over an obvious problem, right? Thank you, because you just made me realize you are one of “those” people. This conversation (with you anyway) is officially over. I choose to talk with intelligent people who don’t make asinine remarks. You are dismissed honey. Run along and play.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 02:46 PM PDT
          • Grams and Bonnie’s mom & dad on VD were black(don’t know thier real names)& so was Jamie.Tumelo and a female character (cant remeber her character name).on LiFe IS WiLd were black.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 03:07 PM PDT
          • Sendhil Ramamurthy* is an INDIAN and quite a good actor to boot.

Comment by POIFanatic – May 17, 2013 05:06 AM PDT
      • What about Kat Graham? The Vampire Diaries casts a lot of black actors. Tristan Wilds, Cress Williams, Michael Steger, Tyra Banks, Kristen Kruek, Jessica Lucas, Charles Michael Davis, Aisha Tyler, Wayne Brady.

Comment by dude – May 16, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I mentioned her in my first post and most of the ones you mentioned besides Tyra,Aishia,Kristin,Wayne but thank you , that strengthens my point..Also, Jessica Parker Kennedy ( Melissa on Secret Circle,& guest star briefly on 90210) is also black.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do your research.The character of Marcel( don’t know his real name) on the Originals is black, Cress Williams(Lavon Hayes on HoD) is black, Tristan Wilds(Dixon Wilson on 90210 is black,The woman that plays Larrisa ( dont know her real name).on Carrie Diaries is black, Kat Grahm(Bonnie Bennett on VD) is black, Micheal Steger (Navid Shirrazi on 90210) is Perisian if I Remeber right,Robbie Jones(Q on OTH seasons 5-6,Lewis on Hellcats season one,Jordan 90210 season 5) is black.Maggie Q (Nikita on Nikita) is Asian.

Comment by Brandy – May 16, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else freak out when they saw Megan Follows in the “Reign” clip? I was just like DAMN ANNE SHIRLEY GOT OLD. Or maybe that was just me? Anne of Green Gables, anyone? No? *slinks away, embarrassed*

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me!

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. I saw her name and was like Anne is in this?

Comment by Renee – May 16, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will check out everything except Reign

Comment by Jmom – May 16, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Tomorrow People!! Looks like it belongs on a major network. And Mark Pellegrino stars as well. Dammit. I want this show today!

Also excited for The Originals and The 100 (Great atmosphere).

Comment by John – May 16, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tomorrow People, Reign and The Originals look pretty damn good.

Comment by GK – May 16, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remain baffled by the decision to split up Arrow and Supernatural. They look like they’re still the only two shows on the CW’s schedule which target an adult male audience (not that they only appeal to grown men, but neither have ever been about teenagers finding love and being emotional). But now we have Supernatural paired with a show about a knocked up werewolf and Arrow being paired up with Roswell…

It doesn’t make sense. It might make sense if they paired Supernatural and Arrow up with other shows that appealed to the same demo, but these don’t seem to do that. The Original is spun off of TVD, which has nothing in common with Supernatural aside from the supernatural elements. The tone of each show is completely different.

And The Tomorrow People will have to get way more hardcore than it looks if they want to pair it with the show about a dude who kills people with arrows on a nightly basis… ESPECIALLY if the plan is to put this show on at the later hour, after Arrow.

The Tomorrow People might have gone well with something like Smallville, but Arrow is not that sort of show. Again, the tones clash and the demographics don’t seem to be the same either.

Essentially, they’re taking the network’s darkest, grittiest, most grown-up shows, and pairing them with YA novel material. Beauty and the Beast could have carried either one of these shows better. Dixie should have been paired with Reign. The Originals probably should have been on after TVD. Wednesday was a must-see night–the only night I’ve actually looked forward to watching TV this entire season. They shouldn’t have touched it, unless it was an effort to launch similarly-themed shows that targeted the same demographics.

I just don’t get it. Sometimes I think the network heads must be heavily medicated.

Comment by Drew – May 16, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you are getting confused. The Tomorrow People is not about aliens (that would be Star-Crossed). It is a show about humans with super powers and thereby a good fit for Arrow.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never said it was about aliens. It just looks a lot like Roswell.

How do super powers go with Arrow? The Tomorrow People is more Smallville, Roswell, Buffy, or something along those lines. Arrow is comic book based, but it isn’t about super powers. It’s more grounded in “reality” like Batman Begins was… you wouldn’t pair that Batman franchise with the Green Lantern franchise. It just wouldn’t go.

I’m not even saying that it will be a bad show. I just don’t think that it goes with Arrow at all. Supernatural did.

Comment by Drew – May 16, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Arrow crowd isn’t sticking around for SPN to a notable degree. I’d pair it with the Tomorrow People or The 100, for sure.

Comment by Temperance – May 16, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry I thought the girl that played Ashley on Greek was going to have a show on the CW like star in it. That was the only reason I was giving CW a pass on lacking of ethnicity in their programing. Thought for once we were going to see them stepping up and giving a person of color a starring platform. Nice to see Malese Jow’s name in the cast and the Asian American guy in the Tomorrow people scene although his name is not at the top of the clip so I’ll just assume like the black guy in The Originals he’ll be turned almost immediately into background fodder.
    CW, do better! So many of us in this country are non-white but still you insist on white washing our screens, breaking the opportunity you have been given to have your shows reflect the youths of the nation, the demographic you so hungrily chase. Why is it so hard for you to change with the times? You claim to be a network geared towards the target demo (18-25) but you can’t even do what the older skewed networks are finally catching on to and that’s realizing your viewers and the people they tune in for come in more than one color, race, and or nationality! How about a little representation?!
    What are you the “Friends” of television networks? Am I going to go 10 years and see exactly 1 black character with a recurring role (Aisha Tyler), 1 Asian American with a recurring role (Lauren Tom) and ZERO Latino/East Asian presence(All IN FREAKING NYC!!)
    Seriously CW do better with what you have!

Comment by Pepper Weeks – May 16, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Again, Maggie Q anyone?

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s really sad that you keep using the same person. On a whole network, barely two or three people. Let’s not even talk about the fact that diversity doesn’t mean two ethnic groups and they’ve suddenly made the quota.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great comment. People point out one or two minorities and they suddenly want to label the CW a network with diversity. What a joke! Marcel on the Originals is already receiving hate from fans. In fact, some fans hated his character on some sites before the back door pilot happened. Simply because they said they pictured him as “white”. Give it a few weeks in the fall, Plec will probably give him the same fate Bonnie has on TVD or kill him off. That’s the beauty of CW and its team of writers/producers.

Comment by Lena – May 16, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give Reign and The Originals a try, but I don’t think any of these shows will be my new favorite show.

Comment by Elizabeth – May 16, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Star-Crossed looks promising. Teen Alien Nation?

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 16, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The baby storyline was the worst part of that backdoor pilot episode, the rest looked good though.

Comment by Tee – May 16, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Err for The Originals I mean, of course!

Comment by Tee – May 16, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, is the cw, im a sucker for the cw, i’ll check at least the pilot and maybe more episodes, The Originals im totally in, The Tomorrow People has one Amell lets start praying for Amell shirtless, The Reign and THe 100 looks meh, and Star-crossed i love Roswell, so

Comment by Lorena – May 16, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that The Tomorrow People looked like Roswell too. It gave off a similar vibe or something, and then Star-Crossed looked like the teen drama side of Roswell. Seems like a very Roswell inspired season for them.

Comment by Drew – May 16, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not a chance. Roswell is in a different league than either show. Star-Crossed is a ripoff of Roswell. And Drew, I don’t know where the heck you get the notion that Roswell is like The Tomorrow People. Elaborate for me because I don’t get the comparison.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Possibly the extraordinary powers aspect (telekinesis..) in comparison to the relationship aspect that the “Star Crossed” title is obviousely alluding to: hence, agreed, they seem to be going more for the Roswell end of things.

Comment by John – May 16, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Reign going to be like Game of Thrones? Will there be dragons and magic?

Comment by Judy – May 16, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brocade, lots and lots of brocade.

Comment by John – May 16, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did the CW become SyfyTeen? Not that the new shows look bad or anything, but they are all Scifi or fantasy. The most normal show of them is the period piece Reign, which clearly has some magic/mystery in it from the clip. So what ever happened to trying to create a show without anything “above” the ordinary?

Comment by jericho – May 16, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christ on a crutch were are all the ugly people in these shows?

Comment by kevin – May 16, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am most excited for Reign. And I can’t wait to watch The Originals and The 100. However, I’m not sure of Tomorrow People or Star-Crossed. I also watch Vampire Diaries, Hart of Dixie, Nikita and Arrow. So therefore, this schedule is awesome. The CW should be proud of this schedule. I think they made a lot of good moves.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 16, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not so awesome since Nikita only gets six episodes and is in limbo because it’s doesn’t fit in on the network and never really did.

Comment by Slappy_san (@Slappy_san) – May 22, 2013 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember watching the re-runs of the British version of “The Tomorrow People” on Nickelodeon way back when. It’s kind of ridiculous how this cast has been given the CW touch. Seriously, is there one unattractive person on a CW show at all?

Comment by tjj50 – May 16, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They cast pretty people to attract audiences. It usually works. :)

Comment by Kat – May 16, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True, I expect I’d watch Phoebe Tonkin read the phone book…. though not if she were wearing her mermaids tail evenso.

Comment by John – May 16, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it is confirmed Claire Holt is leaving TVD to join Originals? If so lame

Comment by ggny – May 16, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roswell was a fantastic show, and already I can see that Star-Crossed is a pathetic low rent copy of it. Not impressed with that.
    The only ones that look really interesting are The Originals, and Reign. JMO.

Comment by Jj – May 16, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I was 16 again these would look pretty good.

Comment by Jeff – May 16, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, so many Aussie actors I know and love :)

Comment by Aoife – May 16, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I give Reign only 13 eps.

Comment by BBC – May 16, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals: It can either be good or it can be the show that’s a weak spin off of TVD. I saw the backdoor-pilot and it was entertaining but that doesnt speak to if it can last a season or more.
    The Tomorrow People: It looks good, so i’ll give it a shot but it looks like a teenager (CW, so no surprise there) rip off of Alpha’s and Mutant-X and Heroes.
    Reign: Looks horrible, but i will cut a bit of slack because that seemed to be a horrible clip to choose. They need a teaser for the SHOW not a random 1 minute clip from a episode. Still though, looks like Gossip Girl in a Ren-Fair.
    The 100: Again, horrible clip, tells me NOTHING about the show or its plot(s). It might have potential, i’ll reserve judgment until i see a true teaser for the series and then a few episodes.
    Star Crossed: Again, horrible clip, tells me nothing except some humans have tattoo’s and theres some racism towards them about as they integrate into HS, and some “star crossed” love between Teegarden and the main dude. Pass unless i hear GREAT things.

Comment by M3rc Nate – May 16, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know that The Tomorrow People is a reimagining of a British kids series that ran from 1973 to 1979, right? If anything, Alphas, Mutant-X, and heroes are rip-offs of The Tomorrow People.

Comment by Temperance – May 16, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • <3 the original series.
        Mind you the 1990's reboot was AWFUL. So the bar is set pretty low for the CW… mostly.

Jaunt me in Tim.
        Oooh, The CW version needs Tim!!

Comment by Dr. M – May 16, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If their gonna show a clip, make it a good one!! Those were just random moments on the episode.

Comment by Kat – May 16, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its embarrassing but I will probably watch Reign it looks awful but I want to see more, Gossip Girl in Renaissance I think it’s going to be a guilty pleasure, something you watch but don’t tell anyone about it

Comment by Patricia De Souza – May 16, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be fair, I don’t think any of these clips made the new shows must-see. There isn’t enough in any of them for me to tell whether they are something I’d truly be interested in watching. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the extended versions.

Comment by Julie – May 16, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those MUST be aliens in Star-Crossed. They have body art!

Comment by Dr. M – May 16, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once again the CW lacks diversity! Unless you count blondes vs brunettes. They have to realize their viewing demographic, though small in numbers is fairly diverse age and race wise. However the lack of hue on these shows want stop me from checking them out.

One thing the CW does well is meshing great action with melodramatic material and writing terrible story lines for minorities. Except Diggle from Arrow, but that was pretty much laidout for them.

Comment by HireMeAusiello! – May 17, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post