Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Vamp Diaries, SVU, Grey's, Big Bang, Veronica Mars & More

Glee Spoilers in Ask AusielloGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have any spoilers for Law & Order: SVU? There’s loads of rumors going around that Olivia might die in the finale. —Kayley
Ausiello: OK, so… apparently Mariska Hargitay has not yet inked a deal to return next season, despite my earlier assertion to the contrary. (In my defense, this is the only time I’ve ever been wrong about anything ever in the history of everything.) So, that little development, coupled with Kelli Giddish’s promise that the May 22 finale is “insane,” makes me wonder if the rumors might be true. “I cannot believe they ended it this way,” Giddish adds. “I gasped, myself, when I finished reading it. The fans are going to go nuts. It’s jarring and emotional, because so often our detectives never, ever let the perp get the upper hand, and that happens in this episode.” The episode opens with the detectives enjoying “a day off,” elaborates co-star Danny Pino. “It’s a very unusual way to go into an episode, where we’re all relaxing, doing our own things. And then it does this slow descent into a very dark place. It’s probably one of our darkest. And by the end of it… I mean, I really don’t know how we’re going to get out of it. I feel like the writers have really painted themselves into a corner.” As to whether Benson makes it out alive, all I can tell you is what Warren Leight tells TVLine: that the finale is “a struggle for survival between Benson and [a perp nicknamed] the Beast… I guess it can go one of three ways, you know?” Not exactly comforting, is it?

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births Resurrections and More!

Question: The Big Bang Theory closes out its best season yet this Thursday. That warrants a scoop! —Charlie
Ausiello: No matter how many times I rework my calculations on the white board in my office, I can’t alter this probability: Breakup rumors are swirling around one of the show’s couples. (In other TBBT finale news, did you see this?)

Question: Whatever happened to ABC airing the remaining episodes of 666 Park Avenue?  I need some closure here. —Matt
Ausiello: The remaining four episodes will unspool Saturday nights beginning in June, and Rachael Taylor is giving the final episode two very enthusiastic thumbs up. “I love the ending,” she tells TVLine. “Everything gets completely flipped on its head, and it was very fun for me to play. My character is very different in the last episode. I’m really looking forward to people seeing the end, because s—t gets crazy.”

Question: I’m a TVLine addict who is terrible at writing. How can I have your job? OK, I’ll settle for Breaking Bad scoop. —Sara
Ausiello: First off, Sara, I’d say you need to work on your cover letter. Here’s a little Bad intel to mull while you’re crafting your next draft: The series finale is “amazing,” raves Betsy Brandt. “It’s the perfect ending for that show.”

Question: Is Heather Morris leaving Glee? That finale sure seemed like Brittany’s farewell. —Donna
Ausiello: All indications are that Morris will be back in some capacity, but probably not until the first part of 2014 at the earliest (Morris’ baby is due in the fall). But don’t expect Santana to wait around for her ex to resurface. Word on the street is she’s getting a serious NYC girlfriend in Season 5.

PHOTOS | Glee: The 25 Best Musical Performances of Season 4

Grimm - Season 2Question: Any word on when Nick’s mother might be returning to Grimm? —Amanda
Ausiello:
“There will be references” to to the Woman in Black in next Tuesday’s finale, per David Giuntoli. “There will be communiqués involved. I’m not sure in what capacity she’ll be back next season, but I’ve been ‘hearing things.'” (I have too; she’ll be back). Speaking of the finale, Giuntoli offers up the following teases: “There are going to be zombies; one of the main characters kinda-sorta dies and may or may not be coming back; and Nick and Juliet – romance!”

Question: 90210 pretty much wrapped up everyone’s storyline with the exception of Silver’s. It was kind of cruel just to leave things hanging on that cancer diagnosis. Was there supposed to be more to the story? —Tammy
Ausiello: Yes, but the 11th hour cancellation precluded the show’s brass from telling it. “It was a bit of a struggle not knowing where the series was headed,” admits co-showrunner Patti Carr. “We thought we would have more time to tell the end of it. It’s our apology to the fans if some of the storylines feel like they weren’t where you thought [they'd] end up — and I think Silver’s is one of them.”

Question: Any hints about who takes the cure in the Vampire Diaries finale? —Kate
Ausiello: Three, actually. 1) It’s not who I thought it would be. 2) Julie Plec is a genius. 3) Julie Plec is a genius.

Question: Any intel on Once Upon a Time‘s casting of Peter Pan? —George
Ausiello: The role of Peter Pan will be played by… a dude! “I can confirm that it will be a male playing the part,” exec producer Adam Horowitz tells TVLine. Beyond that, “Anything to do with that casting we don’t want to talk about, because that would be a big spoiler. Our approach to Peter Pan is one we’re super-excited about. Since Season 1, the Peter Pan mythology was something we wanted to do, but we couldn’t because of the rights issues. Once they were dealt with, we were able to finally go to town and open that world up. We started with Captain Hook, and we knew we wanted to build to what we’re about to do in Season 3.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Poised to Make [Spoiler] a Series Regular

Question: How about a scoop on the Nashville finale? —Missi
Ausiello: “It’s bloody,” reports Sam Palladio, all but confirming reports of multiple season-ending deaths. “It’s shocking, actually. When I read the script, it made me go, ‘Wh-wh-whoa! Wow!’ I can’t wait to see the episode.”

MICHAEL BUIE, KYLE SILVERSTEIN, KEVIN MCKIDD, JENNIFER BASSEYQuestion: What does the Grey’s Anatomy season finale hold for Cristina and Owen? Please answer. I’ll bake you cookies. — Liv
Ausiello: Before I tell you what Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, let me state for the record: vegan oatmeal raisin. Now then, you can go ahead and abandon any hope of the couple meeting in the middle regarding the issue of children. “There’s never been any suggestion that Cristina is going to meet anyone in the middle,” Rhimes notes. “Cristina is not that person.” However, for better or worse (my guess: worse), she adds, “I do think that the more this Ethan situation plays out, the conversation that she and Owen have been avoiding so much really gets forced out into the open.” Ruh-roh.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Finale Preview: Shonda Rhimes on the ‘Calzona’ Scene that Left the Cast ‘Stunned’

Question: Are Alex and Jo going to finally get busy in the Grey’s finale? — Chris

Ausiello: Whether it happens in the finale, boss lady Shonda Rhimes says that “one would hope” the non-couple is destined to go down in Grey’s history as one of the show’s great romances. “We were stepping carefully on that, feeling out the chemistry and taking it much slower than I originally intended, which I really enjoyed. It felt like it felt truer to the characters. And I feel like it’s working pretty interestingly.” Which gives me the feeling that this could drag on into next season…

Question: Any Veronica Mars movie spoilers?! — Ted
Ausiello: Before the flick goes into production, it’s looking to cast… well, Rebel Wilson, basically. For the juicy supporting role of Ruby, the powers that be want a plus-sized (check) funny lady (check) who can do a British accent (check). Rebel, you can drop my commission check (check) in the mail.

revolution spoilersQuestion: Please tell me you got some Revolution scoop out of the NBC upfront. Something, anything? — Kyle
Ausiello: Not only did Matt Mitovich score you some scoop, he scored it directly from Giancarlo Esposito, who told him, through the finale, “Tom’s next move is to try and cover his own butt, first. But also, there is a race to figure out who really is in control of the power. The final episode will blow your mind in terms of all of the elements coming together, and some questions you haven’t even thought of asking will be answered.” Which bodes well for a future edition of Questions You Never Even Thought To Ask Ausiello.

Question: I really enjoyed your Q&A with Good Wife EPs Robert and Michelle King. Are there more coming? I have so many burning questions to ask them. —Christie
Ausiello: Is one of them, “Will next season of Good Wife be the show’s last?” Yes? Perfect, ’cause I’ve been sitting on their answer to that one. Per RK, he’s not approaching Season 5 as the show’s swan song… not “yet” at least. “Although if CBS tells us it’s the last chapter of the show, we could probably go there,” he adds. “We always knew from the beginning how we would end it, and it’s not in sight YET. We’re not running out of story. As long people are interested, there are these fun places to go to get us where we eventually want to go.”

RELATED | Good Wife Bosses Confirm: Alicia Chose [Spoiler]

Question: Any scoop on Modern Family? —Andy
Ausiello: In next week’s finale, Jay runs into a familiar face while in Florida for the funeral of Phil’s mom. “He sees an older woman, in her 80s, watering flowers, and he knows her from someplace,” explains Ed O’Neill. “And they finally realize how they know each other and it’s quite funny. It’s a great mislead. The whole finale is very, very good.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Meg Masters)

1. Phil says:

I agree with 666 Park Avenue. The finale aired in the UK and Ireland last night and I watched twice to see what I might have missed the first time. Still living in hope that if the final 4 get good enough ratings in the US then ABC might change their minds. Great ending but could lead to an awesome 2nd season if someone takes it over.

2. MaryAnn says:

In regard to “The Vampire Diaries”:

I have been thinking about so many different possibilities as to where the finale could legitimately go:

–Damon takes the cure and Stefan hits the road. It would be very interesting to see a human Damon, and this seems like one of the high likelihood possibilities based on the spoilers that are out there. Of course variations could be a different one of the three taking the cure, and a different one hitting the road. It might even be the human one of the two brothers leaving. (Would love to see Stefan and Lexi hit the road together-maybe she could be the one to stay when the veil falls!)

–The veil could stay down and we could get to keep Lexi, Alaric, Grams, Bonnie, Kol, Rebecca’s ex and whoever else came through within the triangle. Actually, this is the development I would prefer, but darn it, spoilers say that only one gets to stay. Too bad we won’t get to see all these extra characters put back into the mix for next season’s plotlines.

–So did the spoilers really say we only get to keep one person when the veil falls again? *sigh* Ok, I am betting it will be Jeremy. He seems to be the one that NEEDS to come back the most, in terms of the overall mix of characters, and I’m not sure they wouldn’t fudge on wordplay and let Bonnie stay anyway. Maybe she was near death and it was an out of body experience so that she wouldn’t count and we could still keep Jeremy?

–Hmmm… ok one spoiler is that the person who takes the cure is very surprising. No one would be much surprised if it were Damon, Stefan, Elena, or Rebekah (although the Originals being picked up argues against Rebekah), so…I’m asking myself who is it that we really haven’t considered. Caroline maybe?! But how would that serve the plot? Also, we need to ask the question, if one of the returned (vampire) ghosts takes the cure, what happens to them? Do they get to stay human and stay in our world? Or would they move on to heaven when the veil drops again? That’s my guess anyway. So…I am just totally puzzled as to who it will be. Without the spoiler, I would have said Damon. Now…I just don’t know. It could even be Lexi.

–So how are they going to set things up for the end of the finale and heading into next season? Will it really be Damon taking the cure; Stefan hitting the road; Jeremy remaining alive; Bonnie cheating death once again; and Damon staying in town with Elena, while Alaric, Lexi, and the others disappear again? Or will there be a twist that none of us saw coming and that never made it into the spoilers?

3. Dizzle says:

2 comments – we’ve seen the last 666 Park Ave episodes in the UK, and they’re definitely cray-cray, but you can tell they had to rush the ending. If only the whole series had been this story-filled, rather than dragging it out at the start, it might’ve survived.

Also, I didn’t think I wanted Rebecca to get the cure until the last episode, but her interactions with Matt and Caroline sold me on it entirely. I think it’d be fascinating seeing Rebecca in New Orleans with her brothers, but as a human not as a vampire.

4. Amber says:

I bet Katherine takes the cure – not on purpose.

If anyone but Elena takes it I’ll be disappointed. But I seriously doubt they’ll go that route.

5. Zoe says:

Oh my god?! Liv, oh god no please no. -curls up in a fetal position- Not Olivia! Anybody but her!

6. mia says:

Eee! To see Veronica Mars in the headline of a spoilers post just gave me a case of fangirl giggles!!!
    Would love to see Rebel Wilson in VM

7. Won't be fooled again says:

Re: the Glee scoop about Santana — is that news as reliable as the insistence that Finn would actually get a new love interest in Season 4? Or will it be more like the show going through months of casting to find someone to play a new love interest for Kurt only to cut the person’s scenes and fade him out as soon as he’s brought on stage? At this point, Glee is the boy who cried wolf. It doesn’t matter what they say, or even what they start to do. The moment fans object, they’ll run from it in fear anyway, undermining any potentially strong stories to pander to loud social media viewers. Such a shame for a show that became known by making bold choices and doing the unexpected.

• manjureijmer says:

Uhm duh. Ryan Murphy has said A so many times but always went B. They NEVER do what they intend to. I don’t know if it’s the network (a lot of it might be) or the influence from the fans (some of it might be) or just the fickle personality of the writers. But I gave up on trusting reports when they promised we’d see more of Tina, Artie and Mercedes in S2. The scoop is reliable in terms of, they probably said it. But just because Glee writers say anything doesn’t mean it happens on the show. Probably the opposite.

8. manjureijmer says:

This is so frustrating. Now 90210’s execs say they didn’t get to end things the way they wanted to? Bluh. It was a phone call, you could’ve dubbed the entire scenes with “you don’t have a malignancy”. Bam, closure. Tadaaa. And I can’t imagine they really wanted Naomi to end up with whoever this guy was.

• Phil says:

Good point. I think if any other network picked up 90210 things would either have lasted longer or ended better. Im guessing the show got cancelled too fast to bring back Jennie Garth for Silvers storyline, but I also think if Fox called for the Melrose Place redux, then Amanda woulnt be in prison at this pointand the show would still exist

9. JN says:

Give me Santana with a girfriend or without a gf, I don’t care. I just want more Santana. I thought it sucked that she was on a few episodes this season.

10. Midori says:

If Amy Sherman-Palladino didn’t want someone else taking over her story, she shouldn’t have quit! There’s a thought!

Also should have had Rory sleep with Dean, and Luke have a kid, but whatever.

11. Ben says:

I’ve got the weirdest feeling that Katherine will be the one to take the cure, giving Klaus his doppleganger back.

12. Nancy says:

I am not going to believe the Santana scoop until I see it for myself on my TV screen. The Glee writers will say one thing and then do the complete opposite.

For TVD, I think Katherine, Damon or Stefan will take the cure.

13. Charlotte Robbi says:

Können Sie mir mitteilen wann Bones zurück kommt, was heisst genau Spätherbst?
    Wäre schön zu wissen wie lange wir warten müssen!

14. how is that a breaking bad scoop? the finale will be amazing? we already know this. it’s a guarantee.

15. Jo B. says:

In my opinion, SVU should not have been renewed. The last two years have been the worst for SVU – quality and ratings wise. I’d like it to end with dignity. With or without Mariska, especially if Mariska doesn’t sign up again (in my opinion, she shouldn’t), SVU needs to hire a new EP. Warren Leight is not hacking it. He has ran it to the ground. What used to be the must watch show on Wednesday nights now barely registers and is barely recognizable. It really is sad. Especially since it is the last of the Law & Orders. But as much as it pains me, it’s time for SVU to end – while we fans still have the memories of the good years embedded in our hearts.

• Alex says:

J.Bo, the problem is that 6 million people at least think differently from you. I know you is a rabid fan Meloni. But Meloni for SVU, is passed. Get over it. He now has a comedy and you can see it on Fox If you do not like more than SVU, forget the series. If Mariska leaving SVU I do not see it anymore. But I will not be on sites asking your cancellation. I love the new additions and SVU this season has fantastic stories. At least no one is seeing the most unbalanced Eliot, with his tantrums.

16. Ally_D says:

Rebel Wilson can do a British accent? That’s news to me. Her attempts to sound British are as bad as her attempts to sound American (wit Bridesmaids “British” and “Bachelorette” American).
    Ausiello, please don’t fall into the stereotype that American’s can’t tell the difference between British and Australian accents. Seriously, whenever I’m in the US I get comments on my Australian accent. ‘Erm, I’m from London actually’. Anyway…
    I like Rebel’s brand of humour – in small doses – but since I’ve never seen Veronica Mars (relax, it’s on my to-do list) I’ll try to reserve judgement. But please, no more of this British nonsense. She’s a proud Aussie, let her be an Aussie and we’ll all get on board with that.

17. Maria says:

Ausiello: Three, actually. 1) It’s not who I thought it would be. 2) Julie Plec is a genius. 3) Julie Plec is a genius.

Hehehe:))) I guess you didn’t see 4×20, aka The Originals pilot, cause that was some crazy bad “plot” lines. Although this is the last TVD season for me (all of my favs either died or are leaving for NOLA), I’m still curious to see who gets the cure. It wasn’t the most interesting or fast moving storyline, but it still kept me tuning in.

18. Karen Weisz says:

If Damon takes the cure then I don’t know if I can watch VD after that. But that would be the most unpredictable. And wasn’t the cure only for vampirism?

19. Karen Weisz says:

And Rebel Wilson is from Australia. Not the UK.

20. jan says:

Well I can’t wait to see Grey’s Anatomy and also Scandal tonight.
    I dread them ending for the Season,While I know that next week I will
    watch Rookie Blue since it is coming on at the time scandal would come on.
    I don’t know what I’ll watch in Place of Grey’s Anatomy and don’t let it be a
    long time before they are Back.

21. 9021oh says:

I just want to see the whole Dylan/Brenda/Kelly love triangle get resolved! lol

22. Regina Mills says:

I have a sinking feeling that Munch will die while saving Olivia’s life.

23. Liz says:

I had an epiphany this morning about OUAT. They want Henry because he’s the doppelganger for Peter Pan, who is only a shadow. But of course fusing Peter’s shadow with Henry will get rid of Henry, which can’t happen.

24. danny says:

if det benson dies the last episode should be 2 hours current stars. and the guest stars should be promoted DA alex cabot , retired Elliot stabler, david haden , simon marsden,casey novak, bayard ellis ,