Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Final Season Scoop: [Spoiler] Will Meet the Mother First

Get More: Fall TV Preview

Something NewWell, another mother of a mystery has been solved, just days after CBS’ How I Met Your Mother raised the curtain on the titular lady.

Series cocreator Carter Bays previously revealed that as HIMYM unspools its ninth and final season, viewers will become “much better” acquainted with Cristin Milioti’s bass-playing cutie – whom we first and briefly laid eyes on at the close of the Season 8 finale — as the show tells “the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever.”

VIDEO | How I Met Your Mother: Watch the Finale’s Big Mother Reveal

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”

Hopefully, she makes a good first impression on each!

RELATED | Who’s That Girl? Introducing How I Met Your Mother’s Long-Awaited Mom

Milioti — whose casting was kept top-secret using fake episode titles and a largely closed set during taping — is familiar to New York theatergoers as the breakout star of the acclaimed musical Once.

Comments (346)

• I can’t believe so many people are this upset about the idea of the whole season spanning the wedding weekend. The is no way there won’t be many flash forwards and flash backs, this just how the show is.im sure there will be at least one scene in 2030 with Ted telling the story to the kids and the mother walks in. I’m sure we will see Marshall as a judge and Marvin as a 6’7′ teenager. And yes it will have a lot to do with Barney and robin. I’m so excited for all of the gang to meet the mother before Ted because everyone will realize she is perfect for him and I’m sure Rachel bilsons character told her all about Ted. I hope they talk about how Ted stole her umbrella and once saw her ankle. If it abruptly end with Ted meeting her I think that they messed up. It’s be a great episode for them to talk and realize how close they came to meeting in the past. There is still a lot to cover in the final season but I know bays and Thomas will find a way to make it work and we can all bet on plenty of jumping around on each episode. It won’t be all real time wedding action. And btw I heard a rumor of a spin off, how I met your father. I love/hate the idea and I’m sure it won’t be as great but it might be interesting right?

Comment by Tyler – May 16, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s a thought: what if it doesn’t go like that? What if we don’t get flashes forward, and just get…the wedding weekend? Spread out over 22-24 episodes. Hijinks and catchphrases, everyone BUT Ted meeting the Mother, and we NEVER see Ted and the Mother have their relationship grow, see them fall in love, etc. We get none of that. Zero. Zip. Zilch. No flashes forward. Will you still be just fine and dandy with it? Or would you prefer to see the development of their relationship? ‘Cause it sounds like you actually want to see their relationship develop, see what happens to the characters in the future, etc. You just have more faith that this will actually happen than others who are concerned that it won’t. In short, it sounds like you actually agree with what the naysayers are saying they want, you just think they’ll actually get it, rather than sharing their belief that they won’t.

Comment by Solo4114 – May 16, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t treat the writer like idiots they made this show they know what the fans want and they’ll include using said flashbacks and I’m sure they’ll give us a satisfying insure to ted and the mothers relationship

Comment by Callier – June 3, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Most of you are afraid that there will not be enough space for the Ted-Mother story, how they dating how they are matching. My opignon is that they will not show it at all TGWTYU is a red herring Ted will end up with Robin! And they will not deepen the relation with TGWTYU because maybe she will get killed.

Comment by Robert Krasser – June 3, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly hope this is not true!

Comment by Giant Wedding Stationery – May 17, 2013 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering what’s gonna happen..Is Ted gonna give robin the necklace and if he does what will robin think will they be together are isn’t they.I’m loss can’t wait till season 9..

Comment by Carla – May 17, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big fan of the show, but the writers have disappointed me. Going with present time line could have shown so much, such as Barney and Robin married, Marshall’s job, Robin’s chat about kids, Robin being a bullfighter, and most importantly Ted MEETING the mother. Everyone is talking about flash forwards and flashbacks, but I don’t care, I liked the old time frame where it pretty much lined up with real life time. I was really excited for the wedding, but I don’t want a whole freaking season of it! I want to see how everyone has changed. I want to see Ted DATE the mother, how he fell in love with her! Even as a B/R shipper, in my opinion there is too much B/R stuff! And that’s saying something. Best case scenario: Writers realize fans hate plot idea, and they change it. The chance of that happening would be really unlikely.

Comment by Alice Shaeffer – May 17, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One thing is sure, if the entire season 9 is about the wedding weekend we will have a lot of flashbacks and there are a lot problems to be solved and thee are a lot metaphers

Unsolved things, metaphers on HIMYM:

- when do Robin find out that Ted left Victoria because of her?
      – Barney dont know about Robins infertillity
      – Ted (most likely) dont know about Robins infertillity (no spoken evidence)
      – The book “The Love in the Times of Cholera”
      – The trown away yellow raincoat of Ted in something old
      – Why is Bob Sarget spekating the narrator but older Ted in “The Front Porch” has the original teds voice
      – the pinapple
      – is the mother also teds wife in 2030
      – what went horrible wrong at the wedding?
      – The bet between Marschall and Lilly – “Not yet”
      – What is Barney working?
      – Why Ted changed his favour of a band at a wedding (Pilot) to a DJ (Band or DJ)
      – Do not bring an ex to a wedding – Why Ted is than the best men of Barney?
      – same appyes for Robin
      – Why Ted is loking on the bass player at a wedding reception but do not speak to her? instad meet her at a platform in the rain – quite unlogic. Especially when he was the on organising the band because he konows Cindy and she knows him from the economics class.
      – May a wedding go horrible wrong and have a peacful reception party?
      – Why is Barney standing allone on the wall at teds wedding (see the Lucky Penny – Episode)
      – Why in Future Barney is never beside Robin?
      – Why Ted says: “Barney is going 100% threw with THIS wedding” why this wedding schluld say with HIS wedding? Is there another one?
      – and in the latest interview NPH says: Robin and Barney NOT ONLY GETTING married, what menas “not only”
      - Are Marshall going with lilly to Rome?

So now my predictions for S09:

Knowing all the above unsolved things we can simply say the next 56 hours will have to solve and process a lot. I am certain ther will be a mayor twist “Cristin Mililis” is certainly “ONE Girl with A yellow umbrella” but it might not be be “THE girl with THE yellow umbrella, just a red herring. And also it might not be the mother.

I have said it already quite often: In almost every episode Carter Bays an Craig Thomas are writing a twist, a turn anda red herring. In the end of each episode there is a unespected turn.

SO WHY, WHY WHY… all of you are still beliving Robin will get merried to Barney, Ted will end up with the GWTYU (Crisin Milialis)? This is common knowledge so far. It wount be exciting anymore. Of course the way is interesting as well but I predict a INCREDIBLE MAYOR SUPER MEGA TWIST in the end of Season 9 where everythig is chancing and put upside down and Ted is ending up with Robin.

Robert

Comment by robertkrasser – May 18, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds a terrible idea. All these seasons together don’t work as a whole story. What’s the point of telling the first several seasons?

Comment by Ariel – May 18, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As Ted said in the Pilot: kids it is a long incredeble story, will you be patient!
      I am sure the first seasons make sense after the last episode…

Comment by Robert Krasser – May 19, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, i don’t have a problem with the show being over one weekend. If you really are a fan of the show, you realize the whole thing isn’t about meeting the mother. If you took the Mother out of HIMYM, it would be just like ‘friends’. I don’t see why people need to meet the mother so bad, because when you meet the mom, the shows over.

Comment by Ryan – May 19, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, the idea sounds crazy. Although I am not as on board, HIMYM has never failed to impress me through the previous 8 seasons. I am not doubting Season 9 yet since Seasons 1-8 had been full of tricks and numerous plot twists that blew my mind, and I am hoping to expect the same from Season 9.

Comment by Anna B. – May 19, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi every one, it’s been two years I am watching the HIMYM on DVD disks in Kabul afghanistan, I am happy that after 8seasons the mother is reviled but it would be very butter if the mother were from the previews episodes.

Comment by Khushal Yousofi – May 19, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Trust the writers!!! Bah! Trust the Creators!!! Bah! They promised no more jumping the shark and here we are again with yet another Ted and Robin melodrama…Anybody catch one of the creators recent comments on the mother…something like “yes Ted finally meets his love but it is not his last”. As far as I’m concerned the series ended with Ted and Victoria driving off into the sunset and Barney and Quinn getting married which is how it was gonna end before another season got tacked on. Flashbacks/Flashforwards have been brief excursions in previous expisodes (setting aside the whole thing is a flashback) now it is going to be used a hack device to tie us loose ends the best way they can. They promised they wouldn’t jerk us around again but I get the feeling that by the time we get done jumping backwards and forward our heads are going to be spinning so much we are gonna be left with a sinking “lost” feeling for what could have been. Furthermore,, I wouldn’t put it past the writers and creators (because of remarks they have made) to twist this final season into so many knots it becomes pure melodramatic soap and instead of leaving us with a feeling happy and uplifted feeling…bittersweet may even be setting the bar too high, just leaving us feeling sad and disappointed. After all, remember has foreshadowed the wedding weekend as a wedding that went terribly wrong. So I guess we will be jumping from one melodramatic crises to the other throughout the weekend. Robin, Barney, Ted triangle crisis is not a light one and neither is the looming crisis for Lily and Marshall. Yep sounds like a weekend of joy and celebration for all. BAH!!! I will tune in from time to time just to see how absurd it gets and just to see how big the sharks get. Ahhhh! Going back to my happy place now, Ted and Victoria driving off into the sunset.

Comment by JohnB – May 19, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • John B. Actually I dont realy understand your post, but somehow “i like it” You seem to me you understand that all about HIMYM is about red herrings, twists and turn, fake announcements and magic things. Why the writers schould build a twist and surprise in almost every episode (eg the episode where marshall applied for judge) but build no major twist to the entire series?

Comment by Robert Krasser – May 19, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • o wow i think it terrible to be honest a season of the weekend wedding….i can’t imagine them pulling it off but i think it worth a shot i just want to see them tie everything that they left untold this season such as Robin finding out the real reason Ted and Victoria broke Lilly and Marshall Italy trip Marshall Judge offer and the Actually wedding itself. Wow seems impossible but hey the managed to pull of season 8 and 7 i have faith.

Comment by David Guzman – May 19, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No end will make me happier than Robin being the mother. That’s all.

Comment by Eduardo – May 20, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show is ridiculous and not moral because Ted tells everything to the kids.
    The kids want only to know how he loves her mother, not how he loves Robin during 8 seasons, and Stella and Victoria . This show is not decent . Imagine you are telling to your children how you were in love with other persons than their mother. And until the last minute you expose all details how he loves Robin, he lives with her, he was loving her , 24 hours before he meets their mother and 24 hours after that, he falls in love of another person ! This is completely impossible.
    No it’s not possible. All of that must take time, and they have made too many investments with Robin. The show has to end with Robin and Ted.

Comment by fabmeq – May 20, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! If it turns out that the mother is someone else, it seems that he just got someone to fill the hole left by Robin… that would be very disappointing.

Comment by Eduardo – May 20, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the mother could be another person, but Ted has to finish the show with Robin. And we understand why he talks about Robin to the kids during all seasons. And yes , it’s impossible to accept he is loving in one minute someone else Than Robin whose he is loving her during a very longtime until the last minute of the season 8 .
        Or otherwise this ridiculous and not ethical.

Comment by fabmeq – May 20, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shark Attack!!! Robin and Ted don’t fit the plot line because we already know how Ted met Robin.
          How apropos that the finale of Season 9 will be at a train station because if they stay on this track the season will be a train wreck…The writers/creators have decided to ride the shark line and HIMYM is now a runaway train!!!

Comment by JohnB – May 20, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This series was first made to explain to children how their father met their mother, but this is not incompatible with the fact that in the end Ted ends with Robin .

Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 10:04 AM PDT
          • It is HIGHLY unlikely that Ted will end up with Robin. What you’re dealing with is one of the major narrative weaknesses of the series — the continual backsliding for Ted to Robin. This is also one of the chief problems with focusing on the wedding weekend too much this coming season. The wedding weekend is ultimately meaningless EXCEPT insofar as it explains how Ted changed and stopped wanting Robin. If the entire series leading up to that stands in sharp contrast to Ted’s revelation that he doesn’t want Robin anymore, and wants something different, then it will mostly make sense that he spent as long as he did talking about Robin and the other women. But that means we need to see the contrast. It’s not enough for him to say “I wanted something different” and leave it at that. We need to see things play out with the mother AFTER the wedding and as his relationship develops, or else all we’ll have is 9 years of Ted pining for Robin, only to say “And then I met your Mother.”

Comment by solo4114 – May 21, 2013 10:14 AM PDT
          • I take the place of the children seeing and listening their father speaking about a woman that she is not their mother ! Who care that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Ted ends with Robin. I can tell you that it’s more HIGHLY unlikely that Ted doesn’t finish with Robin after he speaks to his children about the love he has during 8 seasons for an other woman . And in one minute he falls in love about the mother. You don’t have analyzed exactly the logic of my previous post.
            Take place of children please not your place of person desired Barney and Robin wedding and Ted and a mother falenl from the sky of which it would be love suddenly. Children do not understand why this story about Robin

Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 10:55 AM PDT
          • I repeat my previous post that i have commented:
            Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 02:21 AM PDT
            To solo and sarah
            It is not possible, and not moral that a father speaks about another woman to his children, except by speaking very quickly and by remaining discreet on the details of his former(old) love life. Which interest have child to know the slightest details of his loving life before he meets their mother. Okay , he can tell them, he was in love with others persons but their mother is completely different , and it was and it is the reason why he loves her better than the other. But speaking about the same woman since 7 or 8 seasons, and this woman is the Aunt Robin someone very close with their family. The children can think after all , that he loves their mother because Robin was not accessible , And when he was with Victoria , he broke their relationship because of Robin, and now that she was with Barney and that it was question that she gets married with him (Barney), the children could say themselves, he would also have been able to break with Mom . And they could say themselves another thing , if Robin had saied Yes , he was certainly married to her even he saw after the mother . except if Robin saied she wants to marry to Ted at her wedding and not to Barney and now Ted didn’t want her because of the mother (in one minute , I don’t understand how it’s possible, but let us be crazy with the scriptwriters) . And even in this case they could think that he is lying to them about the end of the story with Robin. Sorry but it’s not consistent or not moral.
            What image of the mother and of a father gives this show.

Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 11:12 AM PDT
  • It is a terrible terrible idea. Even if it works on a weekly basis and the episodes are still funny… shou;d they stick to the title so much and not give us a few episodes exploring the dymanics of the relationship between the characters after they fall in love….
    we need that after 8 years

Comment by Andreas – May 21, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I repeat my previous post that i commented
    Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 02:21 AM PDT

To solo and sarah
    What image of the mother and of a father gives this show.

Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry i didn’t want to repeat my comment here . You can erase this last one

Comment by fabmeq – May 21, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for Season 9 to start!! I’m sure there will be a great storyline and I’m sure we will end up seeing them dating or getting another season to see them dating. Maybe even a spin off show like Mike & Molly – except Ted and the mother. anything will be good, like it always has been! I would love to see what happens to Marshall and Lily as well, they’re my favourite.

Comment by Holly – May 22, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awful idea… I already quit watching this show mid-season 8 and only tuned in for the season 8 finale. I then planned to watch season 9 to get some closure, but now I’m sure I won’t be watching it.

Comment by Red – May 24, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Barney and Robin do marry, the mother can be Lady Gaga for all I care.

Comment by Audrey – May 25, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want them to meet at the wedding in a clumsy way. They wind up getting alone and talking about Ted’s current situation about wanting to move to Chicago. She’ll open up his eyes why New York area is where he’s meant to be.

Comment by Cam_24 – May 29, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And those that think Ted will wind up with Robin is completely wrong. He refers to Robin all the time by saying “aunt Robin.” That’s not the mother. Robin will always be a great friend and a big part of Ted’s life forever but in a sisterly way.

Comment by Cam_24 – May 29, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barney will not be with Robin long term.

Comment by Cam_24 – May 29, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Part of me always thought Ted and Lilly would end up together. That kind of stuff happens in real life. However, I hope it doesn’t. Ted and Marshall have too good of a friendship for that. I just hope the separation of Lilly and Marshall doesn’t harm their relationship. I wonder who will keep their kid. Will Marvin live in Europe or New York? We’ll have to see. I also want to know how Barney has so much money. I also want to see more of Ted’s new home. Since watching the show, I’ve really gotten into the idea of architecture. I want to see what the rest of the house looks like. Robin needs to start working for CNBC lol maybe CNBC wouldn’t be so boring then haha.

Comment by Cam_24 – May 29, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think everyone should remember that we still look forward to Barneys panic at the wedd

Comment by Callier – June 3, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ing and Robyn’s and a potential moment between Robyn and ted and marshal and lily arguing about Italy and a possible flash forward to marshals last slap and maybe a Robyn sparkles 5 and we get to see ranjeet again and see what the mother knows about ted ( her perspective of the Time ted taught economics 305 ) and maybe she might join the future ted in telling the story and well probably get a flash forward for all the important milest

Comment by Callier – June 3, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And all the important milestones In ted and the mothers relationship and well se barney dad and mum at the wedding together and well see Robyn’s mum and maybe get more information on her mum / life in Canada and flash forward to include what happens to marshal lily barney and Robyn and a lot more things I personally can’t wait to see what they sow itch the finale and I trust it to be great

Comment by Callier – June 3, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one doesn’t want to know who is Robin’s mother , except a minority.
      What do we want is the responses to the greats questions of this show.
      Who is the mother, how and why she is so important for Ted, how in a week-end Ted could forget Robin for a complete unknown lady.
      Why the creators of this series, show us Ted and Robin during 8 seasons, until the last minute of the 8 season, and the children are listening every thing of their relationship.
      These are the important questions of this show.

Comment by fabmeq – June 3, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fabmeq, exactly, you got it! This are the real questions. One thing is sure there will be many twists and turns in season 9. and finally Robin will be Teds wife.

Comment by Robert Krasser – June 7, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • let,s have an intervention….I wrote more and then felt embarrassed by participating in this debate…and deleted it. Let’s go get a life, high five! PS. I do love the show and will miss the free therapy.

Comment by Mehuman – June 11, 2013 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also answer 1 very important question i’ve had ever since they introduced Barney; WHAT THE HELL DOES HE DO FOR A LIVING?????????

Comment by Trish – June 24, 2013 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this program and I’m sure the last season will be just as good as the others!! :) you people who say ou won’t watch it are clearly not proper himym fans

Comment by Lola – June 27, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • to those who say the final season might suck, or that they just don’t wanna watch it because for some other reasons. PLEASE. ENDINGS ARE THE BEST PART.

Comment by Glads – July 3, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe they’ll get a spin off show, like “How I Lived With Your Crazy Arse Mother All These Years With Out Killing Her”? are a complete season about “Nothing”? are crap, find out that these last 8 years were a dream? c’mon folks, it’s the same show it’s been for the last 8 years, same people playing the same characters, same writers, more or less. so what’s the big deal, don’t un-like the show you’ve loved for 8 years before you’ve even seen it. give it a rest…

Comment by donny – July 10, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate this idea usually u guys are so good but only having 9 seasons really making an even 10 would make it better but nobody thought to have a good idea on that did they

Comment by Michaela – July 17, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh and I do not wish to watch this show anymore if this is how good u guys are nether do my 10 friends that come over Monday

Comment by Michaela – July 17, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is stupid we never get to see them fall in love or get married u guys are crazy but I can’t help but luv ya

Comment by Stacy – July 17, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the new character (apperently the mother) might play an important role in the final season. But ultimately Ted will maary Robin.

Comment by birje – August 16, 2013 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All these negative comments here are making me want to smash a couple of TVs. The writers have given us 8 wonderful seasons of this amazing show and some of you decide to come here and trash THEIR concept on how they want THEIR show to end. Give it a chance. All this negativity towards the writers and their ideas are making me upset really. I trust the writers because of what they’ve given to us for the past 8 years and I’m definitely looking forward to see how this show will end. My advice to the doubters: watch the premiere to see how it plays out. If you love/like/hate what you saw, THEN you can make comments, suggestions & violent reactions.

Comment by Irene – September 12, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very quickly this website will be famous amid all blog users,
    due to it’s fastidious posts

Comment by Muriel – September 21, 2013 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those of you who judged the season before it started need to eat your words. How are you all liking the season so far?

Comment by Marge – October 21, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it really sucks to just have a nine season long episode just to find out ted meets the mother of his children on the final episode. This would make it the most the stupidest endings in tv show history. They would not delay the wedding this long with all these fillers just to show they meet in the final episode. I would certainly be disappointed if it ended that way. What I really think is going to happen is that Robin is really the mother. From episode one of this series it started off with Ted meeting Robin. Why would Ted start off the story with him meeting Robin if she is not their mother. I believe the girl at the end of season eight is just a way to sway the audience into believing she is the mother, when in fact it is really Robin. The story was really about Robin and Ted from the start and has been through all 9 season. And that is the story of how Ted met the mother of his children. The audience would be much happier with Ted marrying her instead of some girl they see in just one or two episode. Let’s keep watching and find out if I am wrong.

Comment by Tristen – October 23, 2013 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am truly grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared
    this wonderful paragraph at here.

Comment by Sherryl – November 13, 2013 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen all the comments but from my perspective
    how do we even know Ted is talking to his kids and the mother he refers to is his wife? The writers have been very coy about making all references free for interpretation and as a loyal watcher since season one I’ve seen many subtle references over the years indicting that Robin and Ted are destined to be together (remember the gypsy’s prediction?) To keep the show going year after year they have thrown in many red herrings which served to give the writers leeway to take us down a misdirected path. Personally I find the Robin / Barney relationship has gotten quite ridiculous and her character has become shallow and quote unlikeable as she apes Barney’s approach to everything. I stopped watching this season because I just feel after 8 years Ted’s unrequited love is really sad and is not going to be solved by meeting another woman in the final few episodes. This would feel like blatant writer manipulation.

Comment by Vallie – November 16, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post