The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Contestants Go Home? [Updated]

The Voice Top 12 Results RecapHeaven help you if a mustache-twirling villain ever straps you to a set of train tracks, and The Voice host Carson Daly is the one who’s tasked with saving your life.

“So…we have exactly three minutes till a freight train comes bearing down on your fragile frame,” he’ll say with a placid grin. “Before I untie you, let me ask a couple of questions about your journey to this precarious point in time, as well as your hopes and dreams for the future.”

RELATED | The Voice: Sheryl Crow, Hillary Scott, Cee Lo and Pharrell Williams to Advise Season 4 Top 10

“LET’S JUST GET ON WITH IT!” you’ll scream as the seconds tick down and the credits of your life begin to roll before your very eyes (“Executive Produced by ‘Mom.'” “Promotional Consideration by Yealands Sauvignon Blanc and ‘Converse: One Star for Target.'” “Doughy Midsection by Late-Night Carbs.” “Melted Memory Banks by Years of Ignoring Your Mother’s Warnings About Too Much Television.”  Oh, wait, those are my credits.)

Anyway, you catch my drift. On tonight’s live Top 12 results telecast, Carson only had three minutes left on the clock, four contestants still in jeopardy (with two to send home), and he simply refused to cut to the chase.

RELATED | NBC Fall Schedule Revealed: Parenthood and Revolution on the Move, Community Warms the Bench [UPDATED With Clips of New Series]

I know, I know…dude was just trying to keep the “suspense” going (and perhaps prompt a few million people to get sucked in by the start of this week’s Grimm), but I hate seeing contestants get booted without so much as a chance to give a parting hat-tip (or even sing a “greatest hit”).

Anyhow, without further ado, here’s how the night’s results played out:

Sent to Safety (in No Particular Order)
Kris Thomas (side note: naming an underdog like Kris first robbed the episode of its unpredictability)
The Swon Brothers

Saved With Roughly 11 Seconds Left in the Show
Holly
Sasha

Eliminated
Vedo
Garrett

Bravo, America! In my recap of Monday’s performance show, I’d predicted Garrett and Kris would be booted, but argued that it should be Garrett and Vedo. Oh, sure, this week’s evictees didn’t get much help in the song-choice department, but could you imagine any scenario whatsoever where either dude made a successful run at the Season 4 crown?

As I also noted on Monday night, The Voice — just like its rival American Idol — is shaping up to be an estrogen-fest the likes of which we haven’t seen since the heyday of Lilith Fair.

A few other notes on the telecast:

* I’m pretty sure Robin Thicke’s new song contains the line “What rhymes with ‘hump me’?” But even if I misheard it — and with Pharrell Williams gallivanting around the stage with no particular purpose, and Thicke sweating like the A.C. had cut out again, it’s entirely possible — how exactly was it an honor for Vedo and Kris to get relegated to background singers with their mics turned down to “mute”?

* When Carson asked Usher at the top of the show how he felt about his team’s chances of survival, the “Yeah” singer gave such an absurdly vague — and long-winded — answer about every contestant having “equally had moments,” that I kinda wish he’d just been brutally honest and said, “Look, Carson, I saw where Vedo wound up on iTunes this morning. Ask me something else, k?”

Zach Swon Scream mask* The contestant confessional segment was kinda blah, except for Judith singing “everybody farts, and it’s okay” (hilarious) and Zach Swon contorting his face into a Scream mask (nightmare inducing!)

* It’s time for a moratorium on asking Michelle Chamuel about how she didn’t quite fit in growing up. I mean, she’s grown up into a totally bad-ass, confident chick, so let’s celebrate that a little, yes?

* Blake and his three acts were terrific on “Play Something Country” — and I especially liked how it felt like the superstar coach’s solo wasn’t any longer than any of his protégés’. Oddly, though, it seemed like Daniele was least comfortable with the fast and furious wordplay, while the usually less magnetic Holly stepped up and won the MVP award for both vocals and stage presence.

* Lady Antebellum’s “Goodbye Town” isn’t the most exciting song in the world, but they sang it well, even if it was a tad peculiar how the ladies of Team Adam were relegated to one random line apiece on the bridge. Surely there’s a way to integrate the contestants a little better into the guest performances, no? I mean, Blake managed to do it.

* Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist — you wouldn’t be wrong! — but I couldn’t help but feel like Adam’s choice of The Cure’s “Lovesong” (with a reggae-lite arrangement) was an attempt to steal some thunder from (or at least throw down a little competition toward) Candice Glover’s awe-inspiring, gone-viral rendition last month on American Idol. The Maroon 5 frontman might’ve fared better had he not veered wildly off pitch while trying to harmonize with Amber, Judith and Sarah through the final refrain. This round goes — without question — to The Lady Glover.

And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 4 Top 12 results night? Did Vedo and Garrett deserve to go home? Sound off below in the comments, and for all my Voice-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I have to give myself a pat on the back for correctly predicting the two that would go home :) I will post my leaderboard and opinions in the performances later.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

10.Kris Thomas (Shakira, darling, he ain’t Michael Jackson)
      9.Holly Tucker
      8.The Swon Brothers (they have improved, but I doubt they will go far. At least the skinny one is no longer the background singer)
      7.Sarah Simmons
      6.Sasha Allen (I had her in my top 3, but Alone made me doubt her)
      5.Josiah Hawley (stop smiling!)
      4.Danielle Bradbery (Cassadee Pope 2.0)
      3.Judith Hill
      2.Michelle Chamuel (White Girl With Gigantic Glasses “WGWGG”)
      1.Amber Carrington ( Save the [insert title here])

I thought of Candice’s performance of Love Song when Team Adam was singing it.
      The contestants are simply background singers during the guest performances. I don’t get it.

• Eli says:

I don’t see how Danielle and Cassedee are similar. The only thing the two have in common is being a girl and being on Blake’s team.

• Chris says:

I agree with you. I don’t get the Danielle/Cassadee comparison. Cassadee had tons of professional experience prior to The Voice, she is an adult, and she is more pop than country. Danielle is quite the opposite. Cassadee seemed like the one to beat right from the beginning, but it’s too early to say how things will play out for Danielle. She’s very good but inexperienced, and there is some stiff competition from several others, especially Amber (I actually see more similarities between Cassadee and Amber, but it’s still not a good comparison). I hope that Danielle continues to grow and puts up a good fight.

• Tammy says:

Considering I never got the whole Cassadee Pope thing…. the comparison is lost on me. which is odd because I listen more to what Cassadee would sing and not what Danielle would sing. I like Danielle a lot and I think that girl is going to go far. Whether she wins or not isn’t important but a couple more weeks of exposure will be good for her. Holly Tucker is growing on me and I’ve sort of lost my love for Sarah. I love Judith but the way she is singing isn’t commercial so I don’t see the votes sticking with her. I have a soft spot for the Swon brothers. If I had to pick the one I want to see win right now… Michelle Chamuel. I think winning would really help her career wise where the few other contestants who have the chance to win… they will still survive in the industry. Winning would make someone do something with Michelle instead of consider her a novelty on the show.

• Larry Davis says:

Cassadee Pope I’ve been a fan of since Hey Monday…she is the greatest powerpop girl genius since Nina Gordon, Letters To Cleo, The Bangles and GoGo’s…and her winning the Voice was pretty cool…the 2 Hey Monday records should have sold better than they did, hopefully her solo record will do well…I don’t have a favourite on this season but it’s def a girl…Kris is great, so are Josiah and the Swon Bros…of the girls, I’m leaning towards Michelle, Sarah, Judith (I prefer noncommercial and her raw take on Carole King rivalled Aretha doing “Natual Woman”), Holly & Danielle are very good as well…Sasha is a powerhouse too…R&B singer doing rock songs works really well when done right, and she’s an ace in the hole there…too early to pick a clear fave though…

• BillyBob says:

Congrats! Vedo and Garrett deserve to go home after their hot mess performances.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Agreed. Everything about Vedo’s performance made me cringe. I like the kid, but no. Totally Usher’s fault. I doubt if he would have tried those corny dance moves without his influence.

• BillyBob says:

I think Usher had a ‘If you think you can dance” moment to influence Vedo. Usher is a BAD influence in this case. LOL!

• terri says:

They were doomed by horrible song choices from their coaches, but they weren’t my favorites so I’m not mad they’re gone.

• Lydia's Bones says:

Ranked in order of who could actually sell records and get radio airplay in the real world:

1. Danielle Bradbery
      2. The Swon Brothers
      3. Amber Carrington
      4. Sarah Simmons
      5. Holly Tucker
      6. Sasha Allen
      7. Josiah Hawley
      8. Michelle Chamuel
      9. Judith Hill
      10.Kris Thomas

• colorado12 says:

I agree completely with your list…Amber is the winner!! Tooooo many pitchy moments with many of the other singers. Sasha is terrible…sweetie, you’re not on Broadway..I keep thinking she is going to break out into “theres no business like show business…” Danielle is cute as anything but tooo young. She will have her chance but she needs to grow up a bit. Michelle is well Michelle…dont know what to say about that…does she sing or does she scream? Something not quite right about Judith..she is a great singer, but something is missing in her performances. Anyway, just my two cents worth.

2. Sam says:

Wow…America got it right.

3. Danny says:

I was hoping Vedo would stick around. I can’t really say who I’d send home instead of him though. So yea, I pretty much think that they got it right. I like the Itunes sales being combined w/ the voting. Except for maybe the 10X factor, I’m not sure how much better the voting system could be. It combines people who vote w/ people who actually buy the stuff.
    Even last year when Amanda went home, I had no real qualms w/ the voting. If that’s how people see it (w/ both their votes and their purchases) if a favorite of mine goes home I can accept it.

• kavyn says:

Amanda and Melanie were the only two that week that didn’t get the 10x itunes bonus… Kind of ridiculous honestly.

• HTGR says:

especially since Amanda tore up the charts insanely that one week right before they started 10x bonus towards finale score (although it didn’t matter anyway since she didn’t make the finale)

They need to make it rolling 1x,2x,4x,6x,8x,10x. Not just BOOM 10x or 1x. That is crazy. Concept is great. Execution is not so hot. And I mean all it can mean is that people didn’t want to download that song again quite as much even if maybe it was great which can be the difference if the vote is very close.

• bs’d
          Jewish holiday kept me from watching until tonight. (For those outside Israel, it is still holiday until tomorrow night.) I was pleased to see the results. I am also happy to see friends from Idology here. :) <3

• Danny says:

@Riv- Happy Holidays to ya. I have to fess up I haven’t kept updated on my Israeli holidays. =) How do ya watch the Voice & AI over there? Since you seem to respond on here pretty quickly, so I’m guessing you watch it at the same time we do eh?

• Teeny Bikini says:

Hm… I’d happily send home smirking guitar guy. Why is he *always* smirking? I can’t look at him without cringing.

• BillyBob says:

You mean that fake male model Josiah? That grinning smirking thing he’s doing with his face? I think he thinks he’s at a photo shoot or something. Anyway, he’s not going to win. I think he’ll stick around for a few weeks though. I think someone should pop him upside his head and say “WTH are you smirking about!?”

4. Joseph A says:

Can I say thank you to America, I really hated that lip piercing of Garret’s.
    Plus I thought Vedo was doomed when I saw him come out in that shirt, it was like watching a bad American Idol prformance.

They can both sing but did not show enough to set them apart.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I liked Vedo, but honestly everything about that performance was pure dreckitude. I was hoping America would give him another chance because he’s really a nice dude, but it’s hard to get past corny dance moves on a singing show…

5. AlyB says:

I figured it would be Garret and either Vedo or Kris so when they called Kris I knew Vedo was probably a goner. I felt kind of bad for him but overall I’m fine with the results. Carson took soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long announcing the names it was beyond ridiculous. “The next person saved (1 minute pause) from team whatever (1 minute pause) is (1.5 minute pause)” by which point i was ready to yell at the tv just spit it out already. They might think that was drama but it ended up being comedy. Blake’s team performance was quite good. Robin Thicke and Lady Antebellum were a lot of fun. Team Adam and that rendition of Lovesong was a special kind of awful. It paled in comparison to what Candice did with it on AI not all that long ago. He seemed to be kind of distracted and not really into delivering a vocal and the girls parts all felt a bit off to me. It was like they decided to sing the song right before they went on with no rehearsal. The harmonies, if that’s what they were supposed to be didn’t work. I think Adam has the strongest team of singers there. i’m not sure why they didn’t have something that brought the house down. They are certainly capable of it. I was really disappointed.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I actually liked Vedo better than Kris as a personality. I think Kris won by a hair because of song choice, but I really thought he was awful. I just always think he sounds off key.

• BillyBob says:

Both are aweful! Kris will be gone soon enough. Maybe as early as next week? If Shakira doesn’t give Sasha the right song choices. She’ll be out of contestant as fast a blink of the eye. Sasha needs to sing R&B and soul songs.

• Teeny Bikini says:

How did Shakira ruin her team so thoroughly? She had so many good choices and she just let them slip away. Oh well… Sasha has a great voice. The theatrical thing is off-putting and will be her downfall though… And I really don’t know if she *can* break this habit.

• Adam Fachry says:

Here’s the thing about The Voice. I found the audition, battle, and knockout rounds to be much more interesting than the live playoffs because, by the time we reach this round, arguably tons of great singers have been eliminated. The coaches made a lot of mistakes during the first three rounds imo, and look what they finally got? Lesser chance of having the strongest team let alone winning the show.

• AlyB says:

I love Shakira as a coach and mentor but she’s made some terrible decisions building her team and her song choices for them have been just awful. Why is she giving Sasha rock songs? Why would she then ignore a deep deep rock catalogue full of songs that would suit Garret to make him remake a pop song? Kris is next on the chopping block if she keeps him singing baby MJ stuff. If she wanted to play up his uber high register Kiss by Prince would have been a whole lot more fun and its not a song a child sang LOL. Oh well I do think she’ll be the first judge out of contestants.

• Teeny Bikini says:

@AlyB. I agree. She is a great coach. Some of her insights about pitch, delivery, etc are just so spot on. But the song choices are a whole different story. Kris, should start packing and honestly – I think Sasha might be in the same boat. Maybe next week she will choose better. Fingers crossed. This is too funny: “its not a song a child sang LOL.” :)

• Tiffanie says:

Shakira picks the most ridiculous songs. She ruined her whole team

6. yes, America got it right…. :)

7. Gailer says:

I think it’s going to be the year of the girls on the Voice like it was on Idol

• AlyB says:

I think you may be right.

• trimaran12 says:

I hope that is not a conscious plan. If the women reign supreme, that is awesome. But we saw what happened to Idol’s ratings when they over-manipulated to get a certain result.

• BillyBob says:

I hope so. Male model fake Josiah needs to go! The boy with a women’s voice needs to go too!! Then the Snore Bothers!!!

• Teeny Bikini says:

LOL. The Snore Brothers. It’s hard to get worked up over any of these contestants – except Michelle. And even she sounded affected and contrived to me last night. Anyway, I agree with all of your suggestions.

8. kavyn says:

I’m really bummed out this season. I can’t stand the Top 12 aside from a very select few (Michelle and Amber). All of my favourites were sent home too early, or evicted in favour of The Swon Brothers. I liked Sasha during her performance with Amber, but otherwise she always sounds the same with every song she sings.

It also looks like Danielle’s going to win everything if she’s dominating iTunes. I don’t understand the appeal in this girl whatsoever. Amber would probably be the most satisfying winner of the bunch…

9. trimaran12 says:

Sorry to see Vedo go. I think he was sunk by the song choice and by trying to do too much with it. Garret needs time to mature. That is all I will say about him. Looking forward to next week.

• BillyBob says:

Yip! Did anyone caught Usher looking disgusted that his boy Vedo did not make it through. What do you expect Usher! Having your mini me Vedo sing a MJ song and dance around. This is the Voice,, not so you think you can dance. Hey Usher! Why don’t you give your other boy, the pretty boy, Josiah a Justin Bieber song like Baby, Baby, Baby for next week and have him prance around. Ha Ha!

10. BillyBob says:

I think everyone had Vedo going home. Garrett going home is no surprise either! Good riddance! The voters got it so right! Yippy skippy! Shakira should learn song choice is everything. No more BSB songs! The Snore Brothers picked the right song and advanced to the next round.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I totally can’t stand the Snore Brothers but their song choice and performance were just stellar last night. That is how it’s done. I still want them to go. It’s wrong but I just don’t like them.

11. Sara says:

While I knew that Garrett was going to be going home in the early rounds of the live shows, I am still bummed anyway that he is gone. Shakira made the wrong choice in song this week for him. I enjoyed it, but it still wasn’t the right choice. But I am super happy that he made it this far. He has shown that working hard pays off. He was inspirational.

• Adam Fachry says:

Regarding Shakira’s choice for Garrett, is anyone here familiar with the compilation album of covers called “Punk goes…” (“Punk goes pop”, “punk goes 80s”, punk goes 90s”, etc.). The bands that covered the songs aren’t necessarily punk in the most traditional, authentic sense, more like pop-punk/emo. I don’t know if Shakira digs this kind of music, but I got the feeling that her inspiration behind giving Garrett this song with that kind of arrangement is because she knows of it. I personally find the covers on that compilation downright comedic and ridiculous, not showing artistry whatsoever.

• Adam Fachry says:

Acually there was a cover of BSB’s I Want It That Way by this pop-punk band called Dynamite Boy that’s also been included on the “Punk goes Pop”compilation.

• Sheilalala says:

Ya it was no bueno with his range. He needed to get ‘Riders on the Storm’ or another Doors tunes maybe. He has a cool voice and was an inspiration, I hope some singers like the cute asian country girl follow his lead and come back..

12. @JennyS714 says:

Happy with tonight’s results. It’s a shame Shakira eliminated Karina, Karina might have gotten another week or two. But oh well. She signed Garrett’s death sentence with the song choice.

• BillyBob says:

Yip! Trying to have Garrett transform a BSB song into a rock song? What were you thinking Shakira? Shakira’s team is the weakest, Sasha and Kris. Kris is the next to go. Hey Shakira! Sasha should do R&B and soul songs, not rock songs. How about having Sasha sing Monica’s ‘Angel of Mine’

• Teeny Bikini says:

Agreed. I liked Karina. Shakira blew it twice by saving this kid. TWICE?! I am glad America got it right – for her.

• HTGR says:

And Cathia over Karina. I think that is someone she could’ve worked with (and Sasha of course).

• pmet says:

Karina was off-putting. Although she could really sing, she wasn’t appealing, imo. She appeared to have an attitude problem and, as the judges pointed out to her at one point, no soft edges. Every song she sang was belted out from the first note. She had no nuance to her voice. Every song doesn’t need to be attacked. America didn’t vote her through, same as Garrett. I think she would also have suffered had Shakira picked her.

13. The Beach says:

I think America made the right choice in eliminating Vedo and Garrett, although, as mentioned by others, Shakira certainly did him no favors in picking that boy band song.
    Blake’s team song was really good and Holly sounded especially strong in it.
    Robin Thicke is just smarmy and bringing that prison thug T.I. along with him made it even worse…ugh!

I believe the Swon Brothers have the highest current downloads on itunes and their studio version sounds really good. Sarah, Josiah and Danielle are not far behind,

14. A says:

“Everybody farts and its okay!” ahaha

• The Beach says:

And the way the bigger Swon dude can make that horror film mask was hilarious!

• HTGR says:

Hah, that was freaky.

• Sheilalala says:

That was terrifying and awesome..

• Adam Fachry says:

Imagine him being ghostface and the next Sream installment is set on The Voice. Actually, why not make this a fanfic? The bigger swon dude can be the Emma Roberts character from Scream 4 who works together with his partner at first but ends up killing him off cause he wants all the spotlight to be on him. Lol, it would be like that American idol Horror Story someone here is making.

15. Callum says:

Dang… I haven’t been caught up, but I always watch all their performances and I always liked garrett.. He’s not a diva boring balladee or whatever you call those.

• HTGR says:

I think I woulda kept him for Kris when it came down to the two boys on Shakira’s team.
      In the end I don’t think was gonna come close to winning it though.

16. HTGR says:

Very sad to see them go but the results made sense more or less. Only one or two others you could argue for instead. So the decision made sense. Wish them both the best.
    I was slightly freaked they held Sasha to the end but when Carson asked Garrett to speak and since Vedo had talked earlier and there were like 30 seconds left it kinda made Sasha safe (and she had charted way higher than those two, but you never know, and we had the Angie horror last week on Idol, of course you could see that one coming with how they got voters so complacent and the big country push and all).

17. Adam Fachry says:

I know it’s an old story but everytime I see Vedo, I’m thinking “he should’ve been Jessica Childress” ughh, I don’t see him as anything particularly great vocally let alone interesting and Usher made a mistake by letting him win the battle over Jess. And I agree, Shakira has gone from having the second strongest team to the worst. All she can rely on now is Sasha, and I hope she finds remarkable ways to highlight her potentials while telling her how to tone down the over-accentuated volume of her upper-registers.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Aww… Why’d you have to bring up Jessica?! She would have been sooooo awesome. I will never understand that decision. Shakira blew it. And I don’t think Sasha will win. I enjoyed her last night for the first time, but there is something inaccessible about her.

• Adam Fachry says:

IKR? She would’ve made Usher’s team stronger. I love Michelle, but she can’t carry the whole thing alone even though Josiah seems to be improving at the moment. Shakira is probably the one besides Blake who’s been making a lot of mistakes when it comes to picking contestants. She should’ve kept Luke over Monique, paired Shawna with another contestant on the knockout round, and kept Karina over Garrett. Imagine Luke, Shawna, Sasha, and Karina as her team members. I’d argue it would be as strong as Adam’s.

18. Sheilalala says:

Oh phew. I was also worried that Sasha was going to be a surprise cut. @slezak hahahahahahah, great recap. Carson s-l-o-w-l-y saving your life as credits roll. Hilarity indeed. @A hahahaha again for reminding me of the amazing Judith Hill singing the ‘farting is okay!’ Song. That was awesome. Psst producers-please do more fun get to know you stuff rather than the predictable solo cameo shot and pimping of dead parent/friend-that made me love Judith more.

I am in no way, shape, or form any kind of Adam Levine groupie, but I did feel a tinge of excitement for his girls-and jealousy that they all got to cuddle in with him and sing Lovesong-it was sexy. Although ironically I think his girls outsang him.
    I LOVED smarmy Robin Thicke and thug TI. #blurredlines is a killer track, I’m downloading it now. I really enjoyed Lady Antebellum, not into country so don’t know much about them, but going to check them out. The singer was super hot in a Ryan Gosling way. I wonder if he was the inspiration for “Wanted You More” that Hilary wrote for Sarah and Hawaiian dude.

So they don’t tell us who comes in first place in the voting? Is it just 2 ppl voted off now til finale, or are they doing those *instant eliminations*?

• Adam Levine usually keeps him self in the background when he performs with his contestants. One time he just played the drums and did not sing at all. Blake Sheton does the same.

19. Josh says:

The right two definitely went home. I secretly hoped Sasha would go because there’s something about her that seems unwelcoming. But when Vedo and Garrett oth essentially got the chance to say goodbye.and thanks prior to results announcements (the others who were questioned were clear front runners) it was obvious those would be the two. And deservingly so, I think.

• HTGR says:

Why is Sasha unwelcoming?? She seems super gracious.

• TeamSwonBrothers says:

I completely agree with you about Sasha. I feel like she just thinks she is better than everyone else and that she should just be handed the title already. Personally I think she is overrated. There is nothing special about her and she screams more than sings. I am however happy with Vedo and Garrett going home. Both are talented young men but no where near some of the others in the competition.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

I get that with Sasha and Judith. I guess since they are both seasoned performers and the judges positive praises of their performances. They think they are invincible and a lock for the finals. That’s why people are in love with Danielle, she’s an unknown and sometimes she shows she can be uncomfortable sometimes. Especially in the group performances.

20. HTGR says:

Candice did do a nice Love Song and yet…. soo sooo many runs that I honestly barely even recognized what song it was for two thirds of it. So a little over-cooked in my books and a little Harry Jr. advice might fixed it up.

• I totally agree with you on this. Candice might be a good singer, but she certainly does what she can to hide it. She can’t sing a run without singing a run. Just awfull. I really wish she would listen to Harry Jr.

21. Ram510 says:

We all knew Garrett was going home, don’t know why Shakira killed her team by saving him over Karina. But I’m surprised that people here wanted Vedo to go home over Josiah? Both Vedo and Josiah song with absolutely no heart or conviction but at least Vedo has great range. Josiah couldn’t even hit the notes.
    As for Robin Thicke, I thought he sound AMAZING (Josiah take notes, this is how you sing with some soul)! T.I. wasnt needed at all but I was very happy with the Robins performance

22. jason says:

I’m not suprised but I’m just glad that Michelle is still safe :D. Hope she will sing Zombie or Gives You Hell next week. That would be great!
    And can you post your dream song list for the top 10 of The Voice, Slezak :D?

• Adam Fachry says:

Yes, this please. It’s fun picking songs for contestants, even though it’s impossible our voices would be heard by the coaches.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Kris – ‘Lonely Girl’ (Donny Osmond)
      Danielle – ‘Independence Day’ (Martina McBride)
      Holly Tucker – Breathe (Faith Hill)
      Josiah – ‘Somebody’s Crying’ (Chris Isaak)
      Sarah – ‘10000 Miles’ (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
      Amber – ‘Just A Dream’ (Carrie Underwood)
      Sasha – ‘For You I Will’ (Monica)
      Judith – ‘Beautiful’ (Christina Aguilera)
      Michelle – ‘One Way Or Another’ (Blondie)
      The Swon Brothers ‘Born To Fly’ (Sarah Evans)

23. Karen says:

Was I the only one who highfived when Adam’s team was all safe first?? I thought for a bit there that may Holly might go home. I agree that the right people were sent. This is the time I get annoyed usually with America’s voting. Maybe it will surprise me this season. I just don’t see Danielle taking it. Please Adam pick some songs that people will want to buy. I won’t buy a song just to support the Artist, I have to want to hear it later also.

24. atlgroove says:

I’m not too worried about Sasha – especially with Ceelo coming in next week as Shakira’s advisor. He knows what to do with a soul Singer (see: Trevin, Nicholas and Amanda) and how to give a fantastic song selection when it counts.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

No he doesn’t. She is getting a boring diva ballad that is not current at all.

• TeamSwonBrothers says:

He got rid of Amanda last season even after she sang vision of love better than Trevin. Adam gets the credit for knowing how to handle Amanda’s talent in my book!

• DavidR says:

I have to second atl on this one. A diva ballad would only showcase Sasha’s voice really. And, I think Amanda sounded best when she was left to her own decisions like “Dream On” and “Paris (Oh La La).” I think “Paris” inspired Adam’s other Grace Potter selection, “Stars,” Technically Amanda’s voice would not have been showcased if Cee-Lo didn’t have her sing “Vision of Love.”

25. WL says:

All I can think is – earlier,
    Usher saved Vedo over the supremely wonderful Jessica Childress. What a waste.

• Don Viajero says:

In defense of Usher, I actually thought Vedo won that battle. It’s unfortunate for Jessica that he chose the battle round to give his one really good performance of the season.

26. EveatEden says:

Holly needs to go!!!

27. MrTemecula says:

The way the Voice made Danielle sweat the last result show can be classified as child abuse. Danielle looked wide-eyed and pensive. Not the normally grinning, having fun kid. That was kind of mean…but I approve because she’s been sailing through without an ounce of worry.

• Jake M. says:

It’s reality TV. Everyone occasionally deals with that. They know it going in. No way is waiting for a result on a television singing show “child abuse.”

28. twnkltoze says:

Very happy that Garrett is gone. In what universe is that singing? I’d like to see Sarah go next. Can’t stand that warbling and she’s the only warbler left. I so wish they would let the contestants pick their own songs at this point. Some of the choices were really lame. Blake’s Blonde’s clearly have the edge and any one of them or probably all three will have a promising career in Country music.

29. S says:

Do you even look at i-tunes charts? The Swon Brothers (18) and Josiah (20) seem to be handily beating the “estrogen-fest” Sarah (23), Danielle (29) and Judith (47).
    I love Kris and I am not a country fan but the Swon Brothers are very talented and with good song selection could win the whole thing! Don’t count out Josiah too (also with good song selection – which is vital from this point on…..)!

• Elena says:

I don’t count Josiah out due to the teenage girl vote! Some teenage girls will vote on the fact that the guy is good looking! Trust me many years ago I voted for Ace Young on American Idol because he was cute, now as an adult with good taste in music I am ashamed of myself for voting that way.

• MAS says:

Help – I look at the iTunes charts and I don’t see anyone. What am I doing wrong?

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

WGWG always rule. Look at the last 5 years of Idol, The X-Factor USA winner.

30. David says:

Usher and Shakira talk about pushing their teams to take chances. That formula doesn’t seem to be working. The most successful formula seems to be what happened with Josiah. His biggest problem is his modeling background. When you put him behind a guitar, he seems to relax and pay more attention to the song. So, if Sasha has a problem with theatrics, make it hard for her to do that.

31. Pk says:

Shakira totally lost this round for Garrett. If she had rearranged the song for him in order to make it more rock, he could have had a “moment”, but having him basically sing the original version made me cringe. I think if she had given him some Jim Morrison song he would have made it to next week. Didn’t she compare the two after she picked him? What happened! C’mon, between Garrett and Josiah I thought Garrett would last the longest.

I find Sasha’s voice off-putting with the operatic overtone. Not what I want to hear cause it doesn’t please my ear. But I do think she’s got a good voice and deserved to stay. For me, Amber is the front runner so far. I liked Sarah at first ( I even downloaded her cover of I Needed You More) but she was outshined (or outshone?) by Amber and Judith during last week’s group performance and I’m not liking the weird things she does with her voice. Just sing! We don’t need you to make all those Britney Spears-esque intonations with your voice that have become so popular. Didn’t Adam decide not to save that cute girl whose vocal wavering made her singing unintelligible? Trust me, she doesn’t need replacing.

32. Mel says:

As long as Michelle, Judith, The Swon Brothers and Sasha or Kris are the top 4, the rest can go in whatever order America feels like kicking them off in lol.

But yes, Garrett, was definitely his time to go. Only reason he was still there was because Shakira kept keeping him. And Monday night his song was HORRIBLE. Shakira let him down with that. There had to be SOMETHING better than that out there.

I kinda hope Josiah goes next week, really can’t stand him. He reminds me of a combo of Sebastian from Glee and an annoying coworker of mine and that just makes me not like him AT ALL. Seems full of himself too with that little smirk he always does.

33. Tammy says:

BTW I hate that Christina is coming back. I love Usher and Shakira and I think they should get one more season to prove themselves.

34. davey says:

Sasha Allen’s singing soared on Broadway. They should just let her sing the way she would normally sing and not try to make her into a pop singer.

35. davey says:

I hope Holly, the Swon Brothers, and Sarah are gone soon. But I guess Sarah will be around for a while.

36. Simon Cowell Jr says:

Shakira’s mistake is GARRETT. No one turned their chair for him last season and Shakira was the only one who turned for Garrett. Then she saved Garrett over Karina. Karina was annoying, but could of lasted longer than Garrett. Shakira has a very weak team. Plus choosing all the wrong songs this week for her singers. Garrett with a BSB tune, Kris with a bubble gum J5 tune, and Sasha with a rock song.

Usher’s strongest player is Michelle. But she will not win. She’s unique though and will go pretty far. I think maybe the top 5? That Josiah guy needs to go, he’s a WGWG so he may be here longer than expected.

Blake appears to have the weakest team at the beginning. But surprisingly with the right song choices and likable personalities from the Swon Brothers, strong vocals from Holly, and country teen sensation Danielle. Blake has a strong team. With a dedicated country strong fans voting weekly. I could see all of Blake’s players making it next week again.

Adam has the strongest team with powerhouse Judith leading the way. then diverse Amber, and followed by Sarah. I think Sarah is the weakest of the 3. With the right song choices, I think all will make it through the next week or even the week after.

37. MamaLis says:

Ya.. after reading these posts I had to watch a few of the performances. I thought Amber was as fantastic as everyone says she was. She’s really pulled ahead. Garrett – the “Poser” that I usually cannot stand – was actually very good. It’s true that he wasn’t as affected during that song and actually gave a NORMAL, good performance. Judith is excellent but I’ll tell you what I feel is missing with her – an emotional connection. She’s very performance-oriented and as good as she is, I’m just not getting the emotional connection to her songs. Even the stripped-down piano moment felt contrived to me.

38. Hyde says:

Sarah needs to go or stop doing that weak ass falsetto… I like her grit but she falsettoes too effing much. She’s over rated, I would have liked to see her go over Garrett.

39. Caroline says:

Sooo glad to see Michelle made it…not crazy about the song choice tho’…some Annie Lennox would suit (imo)

(Amazed how tiny she is; when she is perforning she OWNS the stage)!

i always wonder what song a different coach would choose for each contestant, My fav coaches are The Voice Au., 2nd,The Voice UK. Seems to be more attention to the singers and the critiques are relatable.

40. Simon Cowell Jr says:

I would like to see the TOP 10 sing these tunes:

Kris – ‘Lonely Girl’ (Donny Osmond)
    Danielle – ‘Independence Day’ (Martina McBride)
    Holly – Breathe (Faith Hill)
    Josiah – ‘Somebody’s Crying’ (Chris Isaak)
    Sarah – ’10000 Miles’ (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
    Amber – ‘Just A Dream’ (Carrie Underwood)
    Sasha – ‘For You I Will’ (Monica)
    Judith – ‘Beautiful’ (Christina Aguilera)
    Michelle – ‘One Way Or Another’ (Blondie)
    The Swon Brothers ‘Born To Fly’ (Sarah Evans)

41. VCI says:

This season is so weird to me. There are so many powerful singers (Judith, Danielle, Amber, Sasha, Holly, Sarah) But i’m not able to connect to any of them (especially Holly, Sarah, and Danielle). It’s like I hear that they are great singers, but they don’t do anything for me. I hear the song they sing and not them singing the song. So the all blend together for me and not one truly stands out from the rest.

That’s why my favorite is Michelle by a long shot. She may not have the power vocals of the other ladies, but she is so, so, so, so, so talented!!!! She intrigues me. She puts herself into every song she sings, so I feel like I know her as an artist, and I sense I would love an original song by her.

Josiah surprised me this week and I’m started to like him, although the vacant model grin gets annoying and I feel like he is always striking a pose, if he continues to do more stripped down versions of songs, he might become a real contender.

I really want to like Kris Thomas, but there is something off about him.

And the swan brothers can just go home now.

so as long as Michelle makes it to the finals I’ll be happy, I doubt she will over the powerhouses, but she is the best vocal artist of the bunch.

42. Josh says:

I was so thrilled that Danielle and Sasha were safe as they are my final two Judith is overrated as is Team Adam sorry i don’t get the hype Im pulling for Danielle to win this!

• I8A4RE says:

@Josh I’m with you buddy! I’m pulling for Danielle for the win! Sasha hasn’t done anything to wow me. I’m beginning to like the Swon Bros.

43. JTP says:

Oh no, an “estrogen-fest” of a season? The horror!

44. jdwilli09 says:

The Voice has done exactly what is wrong with other shows where it backed itself into a corner where the best people do not make it to the live shows. The bottom half of the contestants could easily be replaced by some who have left. Depending on what happens, I might stop watching the show, which I absolutely cannot believe that is an option. But, if there is more music I don’t want to hear than I do want to hear, I am not going to waste my time on it. The first couple of seasons it seemed like they really had it down and what I was the biggest fan of was the fact that the right people moved forward. So, as far as who went home, I don’t know if there were many ‘wrong’ choices since most of the show shouldn’t be there and has absolutely no chance. Amber, Michelle, and Danielle are the only ones with a shot at winning. The Swon Brothers, Vedo, Garrett, and Kris getting through was a shame. It has to be frustrating for some of the folks sitting at home who were much better than them to see them getting the exposure they are getting now.

• Warren says:

There were no Lazaros on The Voice this season. Pretty much every singer who got through the Blind Auditions was pretty spectacular, and if they were clearly out of their league, they went home, though there were only a few people like that even. Vedo had Usher-esque potential and probably could have won had his song choices not been straight out of Grandpa’s record collection. Kris has an amazing voice but also been assigned terrible songs. Garrett was probably one of the weak links this season, there more for sentimental value than anything else, and America recognized this and promptly voted him out. The Swon Bros. clearly have some potential staying power since they were the top-selling artists this week on iTunes. Many Top 12 combinations would have been awesome, but none would have really been all that terrible. Your opinion is clouding your judgment, because most people are very happy with those remaining.

45. darcy the slutty twin says:

Sarah Simmons and her forced vocal shredding and contrived wails should be sent home next. But that is just my opinion.

46. matt says:

Swon brothers get bonus points for Scream face.

47. Sue says:

Most of the time I believe we vote for the song more than the singer. I am no judge, leave that to the professionals who know what singing entails. Yes, I sometimes feel the wrong person won but with the fans making the decision, its anyone’s game. I’m all for the young people who get the chance.

48. Christopher says:

Sarah Simmons is one of the best singers on the show. Team Adam alone could be in the finals. Usher’s only chance is Michelle, and Shakira’s is Sasha but lets get real Sasha is no Amanda Brown! Blake’s team isnt so bad he and Adam have the strongest. But the Swon Brothers wont make it to the finals. #Team Adam #Sarah Simmons

49. Ashley Sigmon says:

I love this show, I can’t wait to watch it every week. I guess I’m the only one who liked veto. I thought he was good, he has a pretty voice and great personality. Anybody that dosent like Danielle is crazy, listen to how good her voice is and how strong it is. She’s only 16 think about s few years she could be like Carrie Underwood. Sarahs voice is awful and she needs to go home and Judith is good but she needs to be in opera somewhere. Can u really see her with a CD out?? No, you have to picture these people on stage and selling cds. Sasha isn’t very good either, she screams more than sings, and that girl with the short black hair that punk rocker girl, I’ve been waiting for her to go home every week.!

• Jose Zarazua says:

She is amazing!!!! I see her as a good singer!!! Plus i think of her as a hero fighting her way through!! I like her voice a lot!!!

50. Janet says:

I hope Judith Hill wins The Voice competition this season because she is the most talented of those left. She is not a one-trick pony. I don’t get the fascination with Danielle who just stands there and looks in the camera, and since when did The Voice become a hoedown showndown? Truly professional singers can sing different genres of music, so we need to stop sending out the message that restricting oneself to a single genre of music makes a person a superstar.