Exclusive

Exclusive Nashville Video: Rayna Checks Will Out

Attention, producers of American Idol and The Voice: If you’ve ever got an extra $17 million just laying around, may we suggest hiring Nashville‘s Rayna Jaymes as your newest judge/coach?

Because, as you’ll see in this exclusive clip from the season’s penultimate episode (ABC, Wednesday, 10/9c), the country star has a pretty great poker face. While Chris Carmack‘s Will auditions for her record label — looks like that schmoozing at the CMA party worked! — the most she does is give Bucky a little side smile. C’mon, Rayna. The boy’s got talent! Show him some love!

RELATED | ABC Renews NashvilleCastleSuburgatory, Cancels Body of Proof and 5 Others

Press PLAY on the video below, then weigh in with your thoughts: Does Rayna like Scarlett’s new neighbor as much as Scarlett’s new neighbor likes Scarlett’s boyfriend?

Loading video...

1. B says:

Okay I like Will but I do not understand where he lives. “Upstairs” That would make sense except that Scarlet’s house is pretty small and when they introduced Will it was as if neither Gunnar nor Scarlet had ever met him which just does not make sense if he’s living in the upstairs part of her house? Or maybe he’s not and I’m just dumb?

• An says:

From what I undrestood he lives upstairs of Scarlett’s house where she and Avery lived and now Gunnar lives with her. I believe he doesn’t live there long, just got there.

• the girl says:

Also, it’s not her house, they have established that she rents the downstairs “apartment” in the house from someone. So Will rents the upstairs.

2. He’s got it. Never thought he used to be the ex to Mischa Barton’s Marissa fro The OC.

3. Sounds good. Nice lyrics and vocals so far….and I think I’m already in love with Rayna’s jacket as far as I can see it.

4. sugee says:

I love this song as well, all the songs on Nashville are so great, need to download this entire seaon’s soundtrack asap :)

5. Ian says:

May I suggest they add him to the cast for the next season though? It’d be something topical and compelling for them to tell the story of a gay country singer trying to make it in the industry

• Ian says:

Well, what I mean is after Rayna signs him, for them all to find out he’s gay and she encourage him to be an out gay artist, even at the risk to her and her tiny young label. There’s a lot that’d be affected by it for them to explore. Now I’m not going to be happy if they don’t do it, lol.

And of course at some point, they should give him a cute love interest ;)

• A says:

He is supposed to be a regular for season two. :)

6. hege88 says:

Great voice, but why – why must he come between Gunnar and Scarlett? Why…

7. The Beach says:

Sign him as a regular, have him shirtless in every scene. That would certainly help the ratings. Damn, I’m shallow!

8. Lily says:

I want a gay country singer in Nashville, I love his character (and I’m not ashamed to say that I ship him with Gunnar) it could bring some fresh stuff to the show.

9. I think Rayna likes it. The song starts off with just Will and his guitar, then you begin to hear the steel guitar coming in underneath, followed by bass, drums, and background vocals. I think that’s Rayna taking what she’s hearing and hearing what it could be…

10. Amy says:

Great song…it’s on George Strait’s “Here For A Good Time”…and no one does it like “King George”, as the old road-warrier/troubadour. But Will showed a nice voice here, and great choice of audition piece…certainly seems to be impressing Rayna. Btw…I’m loving that she has a label…I think they could make SO much interesting storyline, in so many ways–who she chooses to sign, her eclectic indy label vs. the BIG commercial label, and all the inside stories that can arise from all her artists…let’s hope they do!

11. Jeff says:

I think that where they need to go with Will”s storyline is to hook him up with Tilky Jones, Juliette’s virgin quarterback. That would give them two smokin’ hot guys and some interesting avenues dealing with not only a Gay country singer but also being Gay in the NFL. The Titans may have a problem with that but would be topical and explain why someone that hot was a “virgin” with women. I have worked as an openly Gay Country singer in Nashville for 14 years so I know a bit about what I’m talking about.

12. Emgee says:

Will seems to be a big Gary Allan fan. First “Tough All Over” and now “A Showman’s Life.” And he certainly has talent.