Exclusive Nashville Video: Rayna Checks Will Out

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Attention, producers of American Idol and The Voice: If you’ve ever got an extra $17 million just laying around, may we suggest hiring Nashville‘s Rayna Jaymes as your newest judge/coach?

Because, as you’ll see in this exclusive clip from the season’s penultimate episode (ABC, Wednesday, 10/9c), the country star has a pretty great poker face. While Chris Carmack‘s Will auditions for her record label — looks like that schmoozing at the CMA party worked! — the most she does is give Bucky a little side smile. C’mon, Rayna. The boy’s got talent! Show him some love!

RELATED | ABC Renews NashvilleCastleSuburgatory, Cancels Body of Proof and 5 Others

Press PLAY on the video below, then weigh in with your thoughts: Does Rayna like Scarlett’s new neighbor as much as Scarlett’s new neighbor likes Scarlett’s boyfriend?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (24)

• Okay I like Will but I do not understand where he lives. “Upstairs” That would make sense except that Scarlet’s house is pretty small and when they introduced Will it was as if neither Gunnar nor Scarlet had ever met him which just does not make sense if he’s living in the upstairs part of her house? Or maybe he’s not and I’m just dumb?

Comment by B – May 14, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From what I undrestood he lives upstairs of Scarlett’s house where she and Avery lived and now Gunnar lives with her. I believe he doesn’t live there long, just got there.

Comment by An – May 14, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, it’s not her house, they have established that she rents the downstairs “apartment” in the house from someone. So Will rents the upstairs.

Comment by the girl – May 14, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ohhhhhh! That’s right. So it makes sense that Scarlet never interviewed Will beforehand. Okay.

Comment by B – May 14, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s got it. Never thought he used to be the ex to Mischa Barton’s Marissa fro The OC.

Comment by Choi Largado (@chokology) – May 14, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Welcome to the O.C., bitch.”

Comment by wordsmith – May 14, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! I like it

Comment by Rose (@soho_boho_glitz) – May 14, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good. Nice lyrics and vocals so far….and I think I’m already in love with Rayna’s jacket as far as I can see it.

Comment by S!NA (@this_is_sina) – May 14, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this song as well, all the songs on Nashville are so great, need to download this entire seaon’s soundtrack asap :)

Comment by sugee – May 14, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • May I suggest they add him to the cast for the next season though? It’d be something topical and compelling for them to tell the story of a gay country singer trying to make it in the industry

Comment by Ian – May 14, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, what I mean is after Rayna signs him, for them all to find out he’s gay and she encourage him to be an out gay artist, even at the risk to her and her tiny young label. There’s a lot that’d be affected by it for them to explore. Now I’m not going to be happy if they don’t do it, lol.

And of course at some point, they should give him a cute love interest ;)

Comment by Ian – May 14, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is supposed to be a regular for season two. :)

Comment by A – May 14, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh really?! I’m happy now :D

Comment by Ian – May 14, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great voice, but why – why must he come between Gunnar and Scarlett? Why…

Comment by hege88 – May 14, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he is, at least not as much as Gunnar is coming between Gunnar and Scarlett.

Comment by the girl – May 14, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sign him as a regular, have him shirtless in every scene. That would certainly help the ratings. Damn, I’m shallow!

Comment by The Beach – May 14, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want a gay country singer in Nashville, I love his character (and I’m not ashamed to say that I ship him with Gunnar) it could bring some fresh stuff to the show.

Comment by Lily – May 14, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Rayna likes it. The song starts off with just Will and his guitar, then you begin to hear the steel guitar coming in underneath, followed by bass, drums, and background vocals. I think that’s Rayna taking what she’s hearing and hearing what it could be…

Comment by Melinda O'Brien – May 14, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great song…it’s on George Strait’s “Here For A Good Time”…and no one does it like “King George”, as the old road-warrier/troubadour. But Will showed a nice voice here, and great choice of audition piece…certainly seems to be impressing Rayna. Btw…I’m loving that she has a label…I think they could make SO much interesting storyline, in so many ways–who she chooses to sign, her eclectic indy label vs. the BIG commercial label, and all the inside stories that can arise from all her artists…let’s hope they do!

Comment by Amy – May 14, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention, it’s got that “woman-power against the BIG guys” aspect. :)

Comment by Amy – May 14, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • George Strait did it amazing. But also listen to Gary Allan’s version from his CD “See If I Care.”

Comment by Emgee – May 14, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I just noticed that as I looked to see who wrote the song…I like GA, so I’ll check out his version too.

Comment by Amy – May 15, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that where they need to go with Will”s storyline is to hook him up with Tilky Jones, Juliette’s virgin quarterback. That would give them two smokin’ hot guys and some interesting avenues dealing with not only a Gay country singer but also being Gay in the NFL. The Titans may have a problem with that but would be topical and explain why someone that hot was a “virgin” with women. I have worked as an openly Gay Country singer in Nashville for 14 years so I know a bit about what I’m talking about.

Comment by Jeff – May 14, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will seems to be a big Gary Allan fan. First “Tough All Over” and now “A Showman’s Life.” And he certainly has talent.

Comment by Emgee – May 14, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post