Glee: 25 Best Musical Performances of Season 4

Glee‘s out for summer, but (thankfully) the music of Season 4’s 22-episode run will be with us forever.

To hold on to that fee-ee-ee-ling a little bit longer, TVLine has taken the liberty of counting down the 25 Best Musical Performances from the fourth season of Fox’s addictive high-school musical – from Rachel’s NYADA Winter Showcase to a couple of gut-wrenching breakup ditties.

RELATED | Fox’s Top Exec on Glee‘s Season 5 ‘Twist’

So click through the gallery below for the full ranking, then hit the comments to tell us where we got it right, what we got wrong and which of your favorite song-and-dance numbers got egregiously snubbed!

RELATED | Glee Season 4 Finale: Is Heather Morris Leaving the Show?

And for all the Glee Season 5 news and spoilers your heart could possibly desire, do follow us on Twitter @TVLine.

1. Leaisbest says:

I would have added Torn and Next to me.

2. triquetap4@hotmail.com says:

I would have used Teenage Dream instead of Against All Odds, that scene with Blaine singing to Sam was really akward and unnecesary, a great song was wasted in that storyline. Instead of Come What May I would have used Tina’s Hung Up, it had energy, attitude, dancing, it was great, I would have also added Anything Could Happen and This Is the New Year.

3. Ruby says:

“We’ve Got Tonight” was my favorite performance of the season. Lea’s voice is divine on it. I also really liked Blaine’s “Against All Odds” and even more, his emotional performance of “Teenage Dream”…I really like it when they don’t autotune him. I also really liked Blake/Finn on “Jukebox Hero” and Marley’s “Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee” and of course, “Come What May”. I just really like the music on this show a lot.

4. Kyle Rossdale says:

I’d include Tina’s solo for Madonna’s Hung Up.
    And Don’t Speak.

5. NYCER4LIFE says:

Way too many Lea Michele numbers up there. Her TO LOVE YOU MORE was a pale Karaoke version of the original Celine Dion version.

Where’s Tina Cohen-Chang’s version of I DON’T KNOW HOW TO LOVE HIM as first covered by Helen Reddy?

6. albtrex says:

No. No. No.
    1) There are worst things I can do
    2) Bring Him Home
    3) How to be a heartbreaker

The rest was almost all crap!

7. JON says:

I would include Give Your Heart A Break.

8. I would have to put AT THE BALLET in the top spot, actually. I think it exemplifies all that the show COULD be and often strives for but misses. NOT GETTING MARRIED is a tricky song, but the lyric is important. Emma’s rendition totally obscures the lyric for sheer speed. To hear how the song should be sung, Google “Company Original Cast Not Getting Married”. It’s a marvel of a song.

9. Rosalerfhan says:

No Teenage Dream (acoustic) !!??? And I think every song on the “Break Up” episode should be here!! haha

10. AuntSnix says:

Wait no I Still Believe/Superbass mash up, it was one of the most memorable this season where Sue completely wipe out Blaine (though I still love Blainey)

11. Olivia says:

I would have added Love Song, Nutbush City Limits, Let’s Have A Kiki and Torn.

12. Daniel says:

My personal list: Come What May, Against All Odds, Teenage Dream, Being Good Isn’t Good Enough, Nutbush City Limits, Girl On Fire, Mine, Being Alive, O Holy Night, Don’t Stop Me Now, Beauty School Drop Out, Hung Up, This Is The New Year, Home/Homeward Bound, Heroes, No Scrubs, Love Song, To Love You More, I Don’t Know How To Love Him, Just Can’t Get Enough, Not Getting Married Today, In Your Eyes, Shout, Higher Ground, Hopelessly Devoted To You

13. Emma Hanson says:

Come What May isn’t on this list? Bull.

14. Blaine’s acoustic Teenage Dream and the whole Break up episode should be at the top of the list.

15. Iris says:

I miss 3, Don’t speak, Let’s have a Kiki, Hopelessly devoted to you and there are worse things I could do. And I don’t think Jessica Sanchez deserves a place in this list, because she isn’t even in glee.. She’s a good singer though

16. Destiny says:

The list was okay, but really I’m done with all the hate. Saying something should be on the list is fine, but we are all fans, so what’s with all the hate! We are all allowed to like who we want, why do people have to hate on it. I happen to not like Lea, but love Darren, let the hate begin on that one. If you are all fans, can we just agree to disagree, and say that there were some really good numbers this year, and not bash one another or the stars of the show. Clearly they have talent, that is why they are on television, and we are not. I’m not going to bash anyone because I’m a fan of the show. You all should do the same.

17. Delia E. says:

I thought ‘Hall of Fame’ captured the Glee-ness…but probably if it was included in Season 3.

18. Kacey says:

Tell Him was a great song. I would put it on my list. And Everytime.
    Songs I continue to listen to over and over that are listed: The Scientist, Mine, This Girl Is On Fire, Homeward Bound/Home.

19. gleeko says:

what about jenna’s hung up? its better and more memrable than take a look at me now..

20. jason dhom says:

I love this season….i think as gleeks we should be open to accepting changes…and new people…isnt that the true point of glee…..glee is a standout show with a brilliant and endearing cast….i have all But maybe 6 songs between all 4 years…
    Glee is beautifully Done and am glad It got two more years…also theyre voices are amazing

21. how is Being Good Isn’t Good Enough #1??