Fox Fall Schedule Revealed: Bones to Fridays, New Girl Snags 'Super' Slot, The Following Held

Fox Fall Schedule 2013No Bones about it: Booth and Brennan are on the move. New Girl‘s Nick and Jess, meanwhile, scored the most coveted timeslot in all of TV.

Fox on Monday announced its official schedule for the 2013-14 TV season, and herewith are the biggest headlines: After launching its ninth season in its regular Monday/8 pm timelsot, Bones will relocate to Fridays at 8 pm in late fall (after the World Series); a special episode of New Girl (in addition to one of Fox’s freshman comedies) will air after the network’s telecast of Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014; at midseason Glee will hand over its Thursday-at-9/8c timelost to the Greg Kinnear legal drama Rake (Glee will resume its fifth season in late spring and run through June); and M. Night Shyamalan’s event series Wayward Pines (starring Matt Dillon) will launch in 2014.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Elsewhere, a limited series reboot of 24 is set to launch next May, J.J. Abrams’ new post-apocalyptic cop drama Almost Human will assume Bones‘ Monday perch post-baseball, where it will lead into fellow rookie drama Sleepy Hollow (The Following will reclaim the 9/8c slot at midseason).

On tap for midseason, in addition to American Idol and The Following: New series Gang Related, Surviving Jack, Us & Them and Murder Police.

Fox has not yet decided the fate of The Cleveland Show.

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

All told, the Fox schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8/7c Bones (fall)/ALMOST HUMAN (late fall)
9 pm SLEEPY HOLLOW (fall)/ The Following (midseason)

TUESDAY
8 pm DADS
8:30 pm BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
9 pm New Girl
9:30 pm The Mindy Project

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013: What’s on When? And Versus What?

WEDNESDAY
8 pm The X Factor (fall)/American Idol (midseason)

THURSDAY
8 pm The X Factor Results (fall)/American Idol results (midseason)
9 pm Glee (fall)/RAKE (midseason)

FRIDAY
8 pm JUNIOR MASTERCHEF (fall)/Bones (late fall)
9 pm Sleepy Hollow encores (fall)/Raising Hope and ENLISTED (late fall)

SATURDAY
7 pm Fox Sports Saturday

SUNDAY
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
9 pm Family Guy
9: 30 American Dad

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Ben and Kate, The Mob Doctor, Fringe and Touch

1. Jo says:

Wheres Raising Hope? I cant see it!!!!!

• TV Gord says:

If you don’t read the schedule, you should read earlier posts, where it’s answered. Fridays, late fall.

2. Raven says:

I hope Glee wraps up McKinley and makes it where all the graduates migrate to NYC so they can finish the show there. And Season 6 can be fully held in NYC.
    I mean it would be easy to have storylines to bring most of the cast there.
    This season was just all over the place. The music was great but the storylines were meh. Just to much going on and no final focus on bringing everything together.

• Sg. Grant says:

That seems unlikely. It is called Glee because it is about a high school glee club. It isn’t called Rachel Goes To New York. NBC already tried a show about Broadway, and we see how that turned out.

• Igo says:

If you haven’t read the article, FOX president himself said that the directions is going to gradually focus on NYC in the season 5. And what is your sentiment toward rachel? She barely in the finale and her role have been reduce a lot this season so your theory about rachel show is doesn’t make sense

3. Ken says:

Moving Bones to Fridays? Remind me to specifically IGNORE anything they put in Bones old timeslot!!!

4. anthony says:

Where is Raising Hope?

5. Jo says:

The Mindy Project is the worst SHOW!!! Move that to Fridays. Raising Hope is a smart awesome show… Whatever Fox your just as bad as NBC for this and BONES!!!!

6. Annie-Claude says:

Good thing is, if HIMYM doesn’t move I won’t have competition on Mondays. Bad thing is, fridays never are a good slot. But I don’t have anything else there so good for Bones.

7. Sabrina says:

What exactly “late fall” means? November?

8. Beth says:

It’s clear that TPTB at the network want Bones to “die”, IMO. So, while I don’t think it deserves to go out like that, I hope they just announce “Final Season” before the premiere in the fall.

9. madbengalsfan85 says:

Why is it that every time Bones settles into a new slot, FOX feels the need to move it?

10. Ashlyn says:

I’m ok with Bones moving to Friday, as I think it will do fine there. It’s Raising Hope moving to Friday that has me very concerned.

11. Pam says:

Season 2 of bones was aired on Fridays at 8pm. I still have the poster from a magazine. It has been on every night of the week except Sat and Sun.

12. ollie says:

wtf why did they banish raising hope to fridays. when one or both new shows gets cancelled they need to put it back on tuesdays.

13. lshepard47 says:

WTH FOX you are going to move Bones to Fridays after the World Series Why do you hate Bones fans so much just keep the show on Mondays at 8pm where the show has been doing great I am really tired of the Friday move threats they make every year and the fact that this show has been moved so many times during it’s run I have never had a show that moved around so much like Fox has moved Bones. Once Bones and New Girl end I will be done with FOX because I am so sick of the disrespect they give to Bones and Bones fans. The constant move and the constant threats to move to Friday and now the what looks to be an actual move to Friday is just wrong and I am sick of it I still believe there will be a season 10 and I want that too but once the series is over I am done and I will watch New Girl online instead because this really is ridiculous. They better at least really promote the show which I doubt they will as they have never really promoted the show much. Bones is in my opinion the best show on TV right now and I hate the way Fox is treating it.

14. loydd says:

Bones. My wife and I have watched every episode, we thought the show was great. Just watched the season finale, Pelant lived and got away again. We are in agreement that we have watched our last episode. They have worn out the Pelant storyline.

• LL says:

I am sorry you will no longer watch Bones, the season 8 finale was a controversy which is what season finales are supposed to be. That particular episode is a perfect example of Brennan fear of having everything and a strong possibility of losing it. Also give the viewer’s how the hunters become the hunted with this one bad guy that studied the team to know how to attack them, with Brennan its logic (who is smarter) for Booth it is his honor and beliefs. The finale brings up so many questions for next season, will Brennan revert to her old self and be closed off from everyone; will Booth set aside the badge to go on the hunt. Yes Pelant got away; just remember NCIS Gibbs had Ari in multiple episodes, the only question would be who will kill Pelant because next season will be about battle and how to live with the consequence for our heroes.

15. Babybop says:

I think Bones will do well wherever they put it. However, I find it to be a terribly strange lead in for Raising Hope. This is scaring me… I really don’t want them to kill Raising Hope!

16. Drizz says:

Never should have gotten rid of Ben and kate…

17. Lindsey says:

Although I don’t watch Bones, I can honestly say that moving it to Fridays seems like a very bad idea for FOX.

18. Jillian says:

I don’t think Bones moving to Fridays is a death sentence at all. The Fox execs said that they it’s something positive and that they think it will help boost it’s ratings. I think as long they think it’s positive and that it could help Bones, I think they are safe.

19. Steph says:

I was wondering what happened to COPS which has been on Saturdays at 7:00 p.m.

20. Cheryl says:

Every time i have a favorite show it gets killed.off . Well I wont be watching Fox until they can get a good show like fringe and touch .
    I have been waiting like an exsited little puppy for my Master Touch to cine on so i could have some friday Night entertainment that would keep me home (sometimes pulled with slight regret) , but now no shows on Fox for me to watch . I guess CBS , nbc and abc will have me . Bye Fox I am a scifinatic and ya killin em !