Fall Preview: Watch Trailers for Almost Human, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Other New Fox Series

Almost Human Fox 2013 SeriesFox on Monday released a handful of first looks for its just-announced 2013-14 lineup, including a new J.J. Abrams thriller, Andy Samberg‘s post-SNL cop comedy, a couple of Dads and more.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Sample the network’s new offerings below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments! (Promos for several of Fox’s midseason shows will be added as soon as they become available.)

Almost Human, with Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Lili Taylor and Minka Kelly (airing Mondays at 8/7c)

Sleepy Hollow, with Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison (Mondays at 9 pm)

Dads, with Seth Green, Giovanni Ribisi, Brenda Song and Vanessa Lachey (Tuesdays at 8 pm)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, with Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews and Melissa Fumero (Tuesdays at 8:30 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Rake, with Greg Kinnear, Miranda Otto, Necar Zadegan and Tara Summers (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Enlisted, with Keith David, Geoff Stults, Parker Young, Chris Lowell and Angelique Cabral (Fridays at 9 pm)

And bowing at midseason…

Us & Them, with Jason Ritter, Alexis Bledel, Kurt Fuller and Jane Kaczmarek (TBD)

Surviving Jack, with Chris Meloni, Alex Kapp Horner, Connor Buckley and Claudia Lee (TBD)

Gang Related, with Terry O’Quinn, Ramon Rodriguez, Jay Hernandez and Shantel VanSanten (TBD)

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Daniela says:

RAKE looks pretty good. ALMOST HUMAN has potential, but SLEEPY HOLLOW is a big disappointment. The best new comedy on Fox seems to be ENLISTED followed by US & THEM, which has an amazing cast. DADS just isn’t funny judging by that 1st look and BROOKLYN NINE-NINE doesn’t even deserve a 2nd one.

2. Bre says:

Love Jason Ritter and Us & Them looks promising, will definitely check it out. Almost Human looks like it could be fun to watch, was Minka Kelly in the trailer though?

3. Casey says:

Almost Human looks pretty great. The cast, the plot, everything. The rest look okay at best. But that’s just my opinion.

4. will i was says:

Almost Human, I’m gonna give it a chance. It kind of has a kind of Fringe-esque feel to it.
    Dads, looks better than expected but that’s not really saying much.
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine, if it is more like the weirder second part of the promo I’ll be in. Andy Samberg is a master of weird humor and the rest of the class are all good. Andre Braugher seems to fit well as the no-nonsense boss, Terry Crews’ character should lighten up a little and go with the weirdness, and Joe LoTruglio is always goo.
    Rake, looks kind of like a House-lite with prostitutes and gambling but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
    Enlisted, funniest promo I’ve seen up to the point when I watched it. I know Ron Funches isn’t gonna stick around (he’s on another show at NBC coming midseason) but he should be in everything. Besides him the rest of the cast is pretty good and like I said, it was the funniest promo I’d seen when I watched it. However…
    Us & Them, generic title, spectacular cast. Michael Ian Black, Jason Ritter, Kurt Fuller, Mike’s girlfriend from Rescue Me’s earlier years, and Lois (aka Malcolm’s mom), oh yeah and Rory’s pretty cool too? Everything Michael Ian Black says in the promo was gold, with the best being him coming out of the trunk saying “you see that, plenty of room.” This show is probably gonna be the best of the season, now lets hope they replace Dads with it after that show tanks.

5. neko says:

Does anyone else find Almost Human really close to ‘I, Robot’ in similarities? A cop who hates robots, is partnered with one while struggling to cope with his new robotic limb…

6. Eric says:

Other than Dads, I’m loving all of the comedies! Us & Them and Brooklyn Nine-Nine seem as though they’ll be right up my alley. Andy Samberg is always hilarious, and how can you not love the beautiful Alexis Bledel? I’m excited for 2013-2014 at Fox.

7. Alia says:

I’m definitely on board for Almost Human, and probably Sleepy Hollow, too. I think I’ll pass on everything else.

8. Missmurray says:

Just the fact that sleepy hollow has a BLACK woman for his partner instead of the tired blonde haired tall woman makes me want to think about watching it!

And thank god almost human is not fringe like. No annoying blondes and dopplegangers.

9. Michelle says:

I like how Jason Ritter went from working with one Gilmore Girl (Lauren Graham on Parenthood) to the other Gilmore Girl (Alexis Bledel) :)

10. dude says:

Almost Human is the only one I’m psyched for. I find it insulting that we’re expected to believe that either Brenda Song or Vanessa Lachey would be interested in those two dudes on Dads. There’s Jason Segal nerdy and then there’s just nerd.

11. Almost Human looks really good. Don’t know how they could go wrong with Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. I also love the cast in Enlisted, so I’d like to see it do well.

12. Renee says:

Almost Human & Sleepy Hollow look good.

13. Big D says:

Sleepy Hollow looks great. The rest – feh.

14. Big D says:

I’ll give Almost Human a shot because it’s JJ. But I have real doubts about it. The comedies loom awful.

15. Laura says:

It’s rather ironic that the funniest trailer is for the show that’s been pushed to midseason. Well done, Fox. I can’t see a lot of these shows working out- maybe “Sleepy Hollow” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”- but that’s about it. Pretty weak line-up tbh.

16. Jack says:

Almost Human looks amazing.

17. Maria B says:

Can all those people who were making jokes about Almost Human being like “Mac and CHEESE” now please just STFU?

18. popcorn18 says:

I actually think that all of these pilots look good!

19. Ali says:

Almost Human looks okay, the rest, laughably looks like crap.

20. JT says:

Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow looks good. Almost Human looks like its going to be something like iRobot. Dad’s seems funny enough. Brooklyn Nine-Nine looks alright. Gonna pass on Rake and Enlisted.Us and Them, I’ll probably give it a look. Surviving Jack gets a maybe. And Gang Related, we’ll see.

21. Drizz says:

That’s it… I want “Ben and Kate” back, you dirtbags!

22. drb says:

Almost Human and Sleepy hollow both look great…the rest…meh. So many sitcoms these days are just not funny.

23. So Jason Ritter made out with Lauren Graham on Parenthood and is now kissing Alexis Bledel on Us & Them! Gilmore Girls scorecard nearly complete! Surely we can get him on Bunheads to hook up with Kelly Bishop!

24. Sara says:

Us & Them …. American take on Gavin&Stacey … If they stay fairly true to the tone of the original – there could be some serious potential there. Also Ritter is one of the most adorable things in TV so they have that going for them!

25. cjeffery7 says:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Enlisted look surprisingly funny. is US & Them just a more “artsy” version of Mike & Molly??? Dads looks like the cancelled Michael Urie show this past season, and Rake just looks bad.

26. Karen says:

- Almost Human: looks like the mesh up of “I, Robot” with CSI = I’ll try it
    – Sleepy Hollow: they’re trying to stretch the J.Depp’s movie into a series..don’t see going far…
    – Dads: Looks like “S%$# my Dad Say” times 2 with good actors and poor script….meh
    – Brooklyn 9-9: has potential…but I agree with JMBLE:” typical pilot problem of trying to shove every single character’s little idiosyncrasies down our throats. If they ease up on that and make the characters a tad more real, it could have potential.”
    – Rake:…so confusing…too many plots happening with the same character..the actor is good but I think Fox is asking too much from him..
    – Enlisted: has “police academy” all over it…worth the try
    – Us&Them: Soooo sweet…too much sugar and too many cliches for me
    – Surviving Jack: Chris Meloni in a comedy got me curious…from the pilot looks lke worth the shot
    – Gang Related: Nah…I’ll wait for the new “24 – special edition”

27. Lena says:

I’m “almost” glad USA canceled Common Law b/c Almost Human really looks good. I’m excited to see this new show and now that Fringe is gone this show can take its place. I hope Fox gives it a chance. This is probably not going to be a hit overnight but I feel if they give it a little love and some good writing/producing it can work (let’s hope at least).

28. Almost Human: That looks the most promising. Sure, it another buddy cop show, but at least the twist is interesting. I’ll watch it. And I’ll bet it survives a whole season
    Sleepy Hollow: This could either be a hit or miss. It will attract a certain audience but I doubt the majority of viewers would really be interested in this. However, it could last a full season, maybe two, so we’ll see.
    Dads: Um….I like Seth Green and Brenda Song, but this just looks awful. I’m not a fan of the dads at all. So, I bet this last three episodes before getting axed. Maybe six.
    Brooklyn 9-9: It’s too cliched for my liking. I can see it lasting a few episodes but I genuinely think it won’t make it past the first season.
    Rake: I like Greg Kinnear, but this doesn’t seem like my show. I don’t know if it’s a Fox show anyways, so I don’t think it will last long.
    Enlisted: It looks very promising. I’m a fan of the cast and the trailer got a few laughs, so I’ll give it a try. It could last a full season.
    Us and Them: I like it. It’s cute and fluffy. Let’s see how long it lasts, though.
    Surviving Jack: I like the idea of the show taking place in the 90s and I did like the trailer. It didn’t really make me laugh out loud, but it made me smile.
    Gang Related: Uh…I’m not really interested, so I’m going to have to pass. It might last a season.

29. Esaul says:

Excited for Saving Jack.

30. Zoe says:

Surviving Jack… That premise is weak, but goddamn is Meloni selling it.

31. Karen Weisz says:

I loved Gavin and Stacey when it was a three season show IN THE UK. Some things just don’t translate well in the US and this is one of them. And like Coupling and Skins and Inbetweeners, this show will be there and gone.