Who's That Girl? Introducing How I Met Your Mother's Long-Awaited, Titular Mom

Get More: Casting News

Cristin Milioti How I Met Your Mother Now that How I Met Your Mother finally made good and showed us the mother, who the heck is she?

Allow us to introduce Cristin Milioti, an actress familiar to New York theatergoers as the breakout star of the musical Once.

RELATEDHow I Met Your Mother Recap: The Mother Is Revealed (and Watch the Fateful Scene Again)

Milioti nabbed a Tony nomination for playing Girl in the hit production, which is based on the 2006 film; she left the show in March. Press PLAY on the video below to hear her (and Once co-star Steve Kazee) sing “Falling Slowly” from the musical.

If you haven’t been to a Broadway show lately, you might recognize the actress from her work on The Sopranos (where she played Johnny Sack’s skinny daughter Catherine), Nurse Jackie (where she played a Cristin Milioticrackhead), and 30 Rock (where she played “sexy baby” comedienne Abby Flynn).

Milioti will soon be seen on the big screen in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street, alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Kyle Chandler and Mathew McConaughey.

Did you recognize Milioti when you first saw her as Ted’s future honey? What do you think about the casting? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (111)

• These guys aren’t stupid. Of course they know she looks just like Lilly. Which is fodder for the writers. They’ve got to milk a year’s worth of scripts out of this “Now l’ve Met Your Mother” corner they’ve painted themselves into.

Comment by WL – May 14, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s perfect!

Comment by Olivia – May 14, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I project the same feeling. Ted is truly a deep down romantic. My heart <3

Comment by Misti – May 15, 2013 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope.

Comment by Ted Mosby – May 22, 2013 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she look like lily ,she should be played as lily sister ,

tell me , am i the only one who think that she look like lily???

Comment by donald – May 15, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lily is an only child.

Comment by Ted Mosby – May 22, 2013 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t STAND her character on 30 Rock. I thought she was the worst single-episode character they ever had. I wanted to throw something at the TV w that horrible baby voice. I’m sure she’ll be nothing like that here but it puts a bad taste in my mouth. And she does look just like Lily.

Comment by kim – May 17, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barney & Robin would work as friends or a brother/sister type of relationship, but they will NEVER work as husband and wife! I don’t recognize the “mother”…if that’s even her…it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re lying now about who she is!

Comment by Lee W. – May 17, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think this might just to throw us off. However, casting a well-known actress (who I don’t want) would make you believe otherwise.

Comment by Ted Mosby – May 22, 2013 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just like Barney’s hot/crazy scale I create hot/adorable scale for the mother. If she’s only avg hot then she has to be very very very adorable. That’s the only way that could satisfy the 8 year long of himym’s fans (not just Ted)to meet the mother

Comment by big fans – May 17, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was secretly hoping they would cast Kristen Bell. Oh well.

Comment by Grace – May 17, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else think she looks a lot like Alyson Hannigan (Lily)?

Comment by bonniebengal – June 15, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BAD choice. She looks like the crazy girl that was on Friends

Comment by jerald wyoming – June 17, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw some pictures of Lyndsy Fonseca, she really does look like Cristin Milioti. I think Cristin is the right choice to play the mom. To me, she is really attractive and hot. It’s true she does look like between Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders. The daughter from the show who is played by Lyndsy Fonseca really does look like Cristin Milioti. They do need an unknown actress to play her and she has musical talents will be the perfect catch to play ted mosby’s future wife. I could be wrong, but I’m not wrong about this she is qualified to play Ted Mosby’s future wife. Mostly in the ninth season, will get to know a lot about her, who she is, what’s her name and how she meets everybody before she and Ted tied the knot in the future and their future meeting in farhampton.

Comment by Bobby Chavala – June 21, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First impressionnn wasnt real goood but then she seems to be the one!!! Not the only dating types..so she does suit ted.. goood casting!!! :D

Comment by firdaus – July 27, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post