Who's That Girl? Introducing How I Met Your Mother's Long-Awaited, Titular Mom

Cristin Milioti How I Met Your Mother Now that How I Met Your Mother finally made good and showed us the mother, who the heck is she?

Allow us to introduce Cristin Milioti, an actress familiar to New York theatergoers as the breakout star of the musical Once.

RELATEDHow I Met Your Mother Recap: The Mother Is Revealed (and Watch the Fateful Scene Again)

Milioti nabbed a Tony nomination for playing Girl in the hit production, which is based on the 2006 film; she left the show in March. Press PLAY on the video below to hear her (and Once co-star Steve Kazee) sing “Falling Slowly” from the musical.

If you haven’t been to a Broadway show lately, you might recognize the actress from her work on The Sopranos (where she played Johnny Sack’s skinny daughter Catherine), Nurse Jackie (where she played a Cristin Milioticrackhead), and 30 Rock (where she played “sexy baby” comedienne Abby Flynn).

Milioti will soon be seen on the big screen in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street, alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Kyle Chandler and Mathew McConaughey.

Did you recognize Milioti when you first saw her as Ted’s future honey? What do you think about the casting? Sound off in the comments!

1. WL says:

These guys aren’t stupid. Of course they know she looks just like Lilly. Which is fodder for the writers. They’ve got to milk a year’s worth of scripts out of this “Now l’ve Met Your Mother” corner they’ve painted themselves into.

2. Olivia says:

She’s perfect!

3. donald says:

she look like lily ,she should be played as lily sister ,

tell me , am i the only one who think that she look like lily???

4. kim says:

I couldn’t STAND her character on 30 Rock. I thought she was the worst single-episode character they ever had. I wanted to throw something at the TV w that horrible baby voice. I’m sure she’ll be nothing like that here but it puts a bad taste in my mouth. And she does look just like Lily.

5. Lee W. says:

Barney & Robin would work as friends or a brother/sister type of relationship, but they will NEVER work as husband and wife! I don’t recognize the “mother”…if that’s even her…it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re lying now about who she is!

• Ted Mosby says:

Yeah, I think this might just to throw us off. However, casting a well-known actress (who I don’t want) would make you believe otherwise.

6. big fans says:

Just like Barney’s hot/crazy scale I create hot/adorable scale for the mother. If she’s only avg hot then she has to be very very very adorable. That’s the only way that could satisfy the 8 year long of himym’s fans (not just Ted)to meet the mother

7. Grace says:

I was secretly hoping they would cast Kristen Bell. Oh well.

8. bonniebengal says:

Anyone else think she looks a lot like Alyson Hannigan (Lily)?

9. jerald wyoming says:

BAD choice. She looks like the crazy girl that was on Friends

10. I saw some pictures of Lyndsy Fonseca, she really does look like Cristin Milioti. I think Cristin is the right choice to play the mom. To me, she is really attractive and hot. It’s true she does look like between Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders. The daughter from the show who is played by Lyndsy Fonseca really does look like Cristin Milioti. They do need an unknown actress to play her and she has musical talents will be the perfect catch to play ted mosby’s future wife. I could be wrong, but I’m not wrong about this she is qualified to play Ted Mosby’s future wife. Mostly in the ninth season, will get to know a lot about her, who she is, what’s her name and how she meets everybody before she and Ted tied the knot in the future and their future meeting in farhampton.

11. firdaus says:

First impressionnn wasnt real goood but then she seems to be the one!!! Not the only dating types..so she does suit ted.. goood casting!!! :D