Poll: Which Recent Cancellation Stung the Most?

Bad SeedsMay 10, 2013 – a day that will live in TV infamy.

For those keeping track at home, a staggering 16 shows were on the receiving end of pink slips this past Friday. Add Thursday’s death toll to that equation and the number climbs to 22 in just 48 hours.

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

And while several cancellations were viewed as mercy killings, many of them were greeted with shock, awe and disgust. Which got us wondering — which recent plug-pulling depressed you the most?

Scroll down, vote in our poll, and then justify your pick in the comments section.

1. Stacey says:

I am really upset that Smash was cancelled. It seems like NBC did everything it could to ensure it wouldn’t make it to a third season: firing Theresa Rebeck/hiring Josh Safran, I tr

2. Stacey says:

Moving it around constantly and putting it on Saturday nights when no one was home to watch. I hope another network who will appreciate the show and it’s loyal fans will pick it up.

3. Heather says:

Can’t believe Smash is cancelled… :( I loved that show and was looking forward to the next season when they did Gatsby. The characters were great. A far better show than Glee adult characters in adult situations instead of high school students in adult situations. Please bring it back!

4. fester says:

none. the only one i watched was body of proof and they killed off the character i liked when they tried to switch it up for this season so i’m done with it.

5. Deb says:

I love Burn Notice. It’s something you can watch with your kids as well. Vegas was very good just hard to compete against Justified time slot. Why can’t these guys work in summer when there is nothing on. Save BN and other great shows with a plot.

6. Elizabeth Bordeleau says:

“Smash” ~ This was a terrific show and I was extremely disappointed that it was cancelled. Still hoping it will be picked up by another network.

7. Jana says:

Smash was a great show that showcased talent, rather than violence and reality drivel! I will really miss it. It was not really given much of a chance, being bounced around on the schedule. I couldn’t keep track of when it was on and watched it on Hulu. NBC missed the boat on this one. hopefully, another network will pick it up.

8. Deb says:

Please find a new home for SMASH it was such an awesome show! #keepsmashing

9. SMASH was one of the best shows on TV. There just isn’t anything like it out there. There are a vast a mount of cop shows and sitcoms out there, but SMASH was one of a kind and will be missed greatly. The acting, singing, dancing and writing were amazing.

10. sphinxvictorian says:

Smash is a smart, beautiful show, with excellent acting, great music, and extremely talented performers. I mean, for heaven’s sake, it has Anjelica Huston!!! They got *the* Liza Minnelli to sing a song. Marc Shaiman is a songwriting genius. Need I say more?

Come on, NBC, give this one another season, please!!!! If you really can’t see your penny-pinching way to do that, then, at least, fund a single production each of Bombshell and of Hit List and put them out on DVD!! You can afford to do that! And believe me, the fans would absolutely buy them! But, really, I’d rather another season, at least, of Smash!

11. jim badabing says:

AMAZING NBC CANCELLED VEGAS AND RULES OF ENGAGEMENT..NOW YOU’LL HAVE A COP IN A WHEELCHAIR, NOT FOR NOTHING BUT THE PEOPLE WHO WATCHED IRONSIDES IN THE PAST WONT BE WATCHING THIS VERSION…THERE ALL DEAD….YOU PEOPLE NEVER LEARN

12. Sari says:

Right on! Human Target was really good.
    I am disappointed that body of Proof, vegas, and burn notice were cancelled.

13. Marti Stephenson says:

I watched Vegas from the beginning. It became my favorite TV show, the actors and acting and the story line. I am really sorry it was cancelled. There are so few TV shows I truly enjoy and this one was at the top of my list.

14. Terri says:

Monday Mornings!!! This show is so well written!!! WTF!

15. Smash! I can’t believe it won’t be returning! I love theatre and it was so unique to TV programming….please bring it back!

16. Lydia says:

Happy Endings is hilarious! Especially Wayans! What gives?

17. Cj meyers says:

Ill miss Vegas. Not that it had great substance but it was pretty good.
    Could we please have a couple of good comedies and a decent ‘drama’ to watch. I’m a bit tired of dead bodies and people made to act as crass bimbos.

18. Linda Lawrence says:

It seemed to me that Golden Boy had a lot more story to tell. The ending wasn’t really complete. I will miss it most.
    Loved Body of Proof – Dana Delaney and Mark Valley were good together and a great cast of supporting characters. OK, so she may have overstepped the boundaries of her position as medical examiner.
    Zero Hour was burned before all taped episodes aired. The premise was too Sci-Fi for the masses.
    It really is getting so people are timid about even investigating new shows, because of sudden, premature cancellation.
    I hope those holy 18 to 49 year olds are happy!!! Just wait! You will grow out of that demographic and get your’s!

19. Amy DuQuesnay says:

While I love Burn Notice and CSI: NY, I am most upset about Go On being cancelled. I thought that show was hilarious and I love Matthew Perry. There are too many shows that don’t get a fair chance. One season isn’t enough to decide the fate of a new show!

20. j. taylor says:

Can’t believe NBC has cancelled SMASH!!! Finally an entertaining show that is unique and NOT ANOTHER REALITY SHOW!!! I will certainly miss this one!

21. Kathy says:

I loved SMASH! Just watched the final show. I’m going to miss it!!

22. Hank Gier says:

Las Vegas was one of the best new shows on TV. I loved the actors & the intrigue. Maybe some other network will pick it up. NBC or ABC would be well advised to pick it up as they don’t compete well with CBS.

23. linruss says:

Monday Mornings was the best!

24. Shelly goggin says:

I LOVED the new normal, Touch and whitney.. Devastated tho :(

25. Jeanne says:

Can’t believe they cancelled Burn Notice & Southland, but yet keep drivel on like the Bachelor & Bachelorette! Wise Up!

26. gene says:

Bring back VEGAS

27. Kelley says:

Bummed that How To Live with Your parents was canceled! It was funny as heck and Elizabeth Perkins was phenomonal in her role..totally original character! I saw the cancelation for Happy Endings coming…it got a little too silly this last season…it seems that the networks are not giving these shows enough time
    …some of the shows that have been canceled were on only a few months…plus they got decent ratings!

28. Keller says:

When are they going to start to count the viwership thats being watch over the internet?! I never watch tv shows( Vegas, scandal, etc. ) on their air dates. I always watch the next day over Internet.

29. judy says:

They don’t list Bomb Girls and that was the best

30. Cheryl says:

I loved Smash and Touch, but I am most upset about the cancellation of The New Normal. I was just getting into it halfway through the season, and I was sorry I hadn’t started watching it earlier. This was, in my opinion, the best and funniest new show this season. With a talented cast, love-affirming story, and fresh premise, I thought it couldn’t miss. I wish it had been given a second season.

31. Robin Romines says:

I want to know why Vegas got cancelled but was on the top 25 list of most watched this year! I think it is the same reason they cancelled Unforgettable ( thank god its going to be on this summer!) to bring in another show we will get interested in then they will take that one off the air! CBS got me interested in Golden Boy because we finally had a Cop show that was not like the others at all!!!

32. Some Coke Drinking Guy says:

Vegas had a lot of potential. I watched it regularly for a while, but the show seemed to suffer from writers who seemed uninterested in letting a plot line survive more then a couple of episodes. Some plot twist would start to get interesting, then boom, something else would happen, and things would return to how they were at the beginning of the episode.

They also needed to invest more in making the characters more three dimensional, especially the background characters, who they should have then been willing to dispose of in a heart wrenching manor. It could have been the next Sopranos, instead it was just mindless drivel.

33. Patricia says:

Body of Proof is a very interesting show. Has great characters. Great story lines. Show should be renewed.

34. Candice says:

I can’t believe they are getting rid of Smash..I loved that show..I also can believe they are getting rid of Touch..It figures both family friendly shows..Bring them back..There is so much garbage reality shows it’s ridiculous.

35. Barbara Hines says:

I’m still trying to get over the “closer’, but have embraced major crimes. Now you’ve gone and taken off Vegas, Deception,Red Widow, Southland. What’s wrong with these networks? Less reality shows please!!!!!!!

36. Lidia says:

I watched the first episode of Smash, and just couldn’t get into it. It did’t catch my interest enough to go to it again.

37. Gyzmologist says:

Of the shows that were cancelled, my favorites are/were Monday Mornings, Emily Owens MD, and Body of Proof. The story line of Emily Owens needed to grow up, so I can see why it was cancelled, but the others I thought were very entertaining and would be renewed. The one show I’m going to miss the most is Fringe. I love Cyphy! (or SiFi if you prefer)

38. Andrew W. says:

I think a millionare should make a t.v network and pickup all the cancelled shows and play them. I belive they would get alot of viewers. They should add all the shows on that list and shows like C.S.I Miami, NUMB3RS, and even the sitcom 10 Items or Less. I think that kind of network could make alot of money, anf make the viewers happy.

39. Judy Osborne says:

I really want Body of Proof to stay on. I love this show. It makes me sad

40. I am completely appalled at CBS. This is the second CSI they have cancelled without a proper series finale. If your gonna cancel a show at least give the devoted fans a decent ending. i have watch both CSI Miami and CSI NY every week since the beginning. The only thing keeping the original CSI going is Ted Danson. On another note Vegas is awesome and CBS didnt even give it a chance to catch momentum.

41. Linda Caley says:

Southland!! I was so looking forward to the new season of SOUTHLAND !! .PLEASE, ,PLEASE bring Southland back !!

42. Sharon says:

Burn Notice really stings, it was a GREAT show, the writing was AMAZING. Id love to see a campaign where the fans bring it back, fans brought back “The Game”, lets make some noise guys, this show was GREAT !!! Lets make some noise & demand it back !!

43. Ericka says:

I REALLY liked Southland & Body of Proof … #sucks

44. Ericka says:

I seriously believe a lot of this Bullshyt that’s on should be cancelled over all the Great shows that actually has meaning & worth watching !!! Who the hell cares bout garbage picking country folk like Honey Boo boo or a damn duck dynasty etc. etc …

45. Sara says:

Are u kidding me!! No more Golden Boy? What are u pp thinking? Bad bad choice!!!