NBC Cancels The New Normal

The New Normal CancelledThe body count keeps rising at NBC.

The Peacock net has cancelled Ryan Murphy’s rookie comedy The New Normal, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

For those keeping track at home, that brings to seven the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 36 hours. It joins 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids, Deception, Up All Night, Whitney and Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. tiredofgayshows says:

Thank God this show was cancelled! America is tired of this gay agenda being shoved down our throats. “Modern Family” is bad enough

2. TS says:

I loved loved loved this show! It made me laugh really loud and that’s my most important guide. I don’t think us straight folk needed anyone to teach us what a typical gay relationship looks like… TV mostly shows weird straight relationships (as we all know). We just want smart comedy that makes us laugh. Did audiences really think Shakespeare’s comedic character’s were just like them, and did it matter? Audiences are smarter than given credit for. They can laugh at an extreme and still have normal expectations in real life. Nobody really though Liz Lemon was typical, did they?

3. Curt says:

seriously guys, think about their line up. all reality and junk. …Except for Grimm, I am still no fan of NBC. been 3 years now? thought new owners would help but oops, wrong direction

4. I wanted this show to be good, and I really liked the first few episodes, and I really liked Brian and David’s relationship, but I quickly realized this show had serious issues that Ryan Murphy was not going to fix. I never wanted to watch the show again because I could not stand the way the characters act. They will have a problem in a given episode and then come to a conclusion at the end where they state out loud the moral of the week, and they come to the realization way too quickly. there’s no real conflict resolution. Basically it’s like getting in a fight with someone, and they say, “you’re mean” and then all of a sudden you say “You’re right. I was an idiot. I should never speak to another person like that, because I would hate if someone spoke to me like that. We should all treat each other how we want to be treated.” It’s awful. It’s lazy, uninventive writing and 100% Ryan Murphy’s style, which I’ve found I can’t stand. His shows take themselves too seriously, while offering no real value. Also I just hated Goldie and Shania’s voices. Mainly because of when they would state the overly mature, wordy moral of the week.

5. Estela Lamadrid says:

it was a great show. My son is gay and I thought it was very nice that a tv show educates people who is against gays to adopt babies!! I regreat this show was cancelled, excelent actors, I loved Shania too!!!

6. Deb Rose says:

I loved this show and am very disappointed it’s canceled.

7. Bianca Germany says:

NO, please :( I really was into “The New Normal”. There were moments when the sitcom brought tears to my eyes oO. It was funny, emotional and dealt with serious issues. I would love to see Brian and David raise their lil sawyer collins :) ..:( :( very very disappointed :(

8. Porter Smith says:

I’m glad this show was cancelled. This storyline showcased mankind’s determined disobedience from God’s clear plan for us; a family shared between one man and one woman. NBC is helping to lower accepable standards in our society by consistently pushing agendas portrayed in shows like this. I think the show’s cancellation was due to lack of interest / support, and is proof that contrary to what NBC would have us believe, gay marriage is not widely accepted as “the new normal” by Americans.

• rcn says:

I’m sorry you think that and hope you learn tolerance, compassion and understanding someday. I’m sorry you use religion as a wedge between people rather than as a tool for good. Also read up and you might be surprised to learn that gay marriage is becoming increasingly accepted as the new normal by Americans. Specifically, according to Pew Research: “The rise in support for same-sex marriage over the past decade is among the largest changes in opinion on any policy issue over this time period…. Today, there is… more support for same-sex marriage than opposition to it…” This trend will only continue as increasing numbers of young people with gay relatives and friends become adults. Someday you might open your heart and mind and accept this change as progress and growth. Regardless, there’s no stopping it now.

9. uber says:

I’ll miss this show and it was funny from the first episode to the last one of the season. As a gay man I could relate easily to the main characters trying to be open and honest about who they are. Nice to seeing gay men as regular human beings with jobs and families with the same issues and idosynchries that make us human. Alike and yet different in good way rather than that image of the child molester out to get your kids. At risk youth need positive images letting know that there not freaks and they are not alone in how they feel. To many kids give up and take their own lives.
    Anyway my two cents plus change.

10. Kelly says:

I enjoyed this show and all the characters. They should have allowed it to run two seasons :(

11. renee says:

This was a Great show, how can you just Cancel this. Once you get a Great Show it’s gone. Funny, the two men, grandmom, and that little girl made this show. The whole cast deserves a 2nd season.