Cops Out: TNT Cancels Southland

Get More: Cancellations

southland cancelledTNT is pulling Southland off the streets, canceling the acclaimed drama after five seasons (four on TNT, one on NBC).

In a statement, the network called the decision to ax the series a “difficult” one, adding, “We are enormously proud of Southland, which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made. Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful. We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles.We wish everyone associated with Southland the very best.”

VIDEO | Watch the Trailer for TNT’s New Drama Legends

NBC cancelled Southland in October 2009, just weeks before it was set to launch Season 2. TNT picked up the series a month later.

Both Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy booked pilots this development season — the CBS legal dramas The Advocates and Reckless, respectively — though the fate of either prospective series has yet to be announced. (CBS is rumored to be announcing any new show pick-ups as early as Friday afternoon.)

Hit the comments with your Southland eulogies.

Tags: ,

Comments (263)

• No!! i guess all good things end but too soon. MAN!!

Comment by dude – May 10, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show and am saddened to see it go….they should dump some of this reality crap like honey boo boo and the like…..

Comment by jeff b – May 12, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree

Comment by john – May 12, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I live and work in China and TV has become an important connection for me. Southland was one I always looked forward too – perhaps one of the best police shows on TV – why on earth was it cancelled? and why is there so much rubbish still airing? Are audiences becoming more stupid or are TV companies?

Comment by David – June 8, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess that shows the mentality of our future. Scary, huh?

Comment by Andy – June 11, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You hit the nail on the head. Another fine show gone wile so much nonsense remains. I will miss Southland.

Comment by Robert/Chicago – October 7, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We should boycott TNT until they bring Southland back!

Comment by Sharon – May 18, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They saved it for us for an extra 4 seasons. Should be greatful that they recognized the potential that NBC was too stupid to see.

Comment by ngyoung – May 31, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am kinda with on the boycott. John Cooper gets shot and that’s it? You can’t just leave us hanging like that! Having lived it Southern California, the show was very creditable.

There are so few good dramas left on TV. All the interest seem to be in reality shows or the latest wave of awful talentless music shows. What would they do without autotune?

Comment by Lex Bradshaw – August 15, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m totally surprised that the powers-to-be at TNT are cancelling Southland. My husband and I watched every episode. shows like Honey-Boo-Boo are allowed to stay on. Please give this quality, well written, fine acting show another chance. Thanks, Madeline Eck

Comment by Madeline Eck – May 19, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They shoud not have gayed up big John I bet that turned off many a fan. Don’t ask don’t tell always is a better choice. Female creator and Female writing make things a little to sensitive sometimes. You need to check out End of Watch, now that, is the best cop movie to date.
      All military, police, fireman RULE!

Comment by Benny – May 20, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All of them?? or just the ones who aren’t “gayed up”?? They didnt gay him up. They actually gave a very good job of having him portray a MAN and a POLICE OFFICER and a PERSON who struggled with life as we all do who tried to help as we all should and just happened to be gay.

Comment by Deverons Mamma-Vega – May 25, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So I take it you don’t watch Glee? John was one of the BEST characters I’ve seen on tv in many years. The show was about “real” life. There are gay people in “real” life, and the vast majority of them have never worn pink hot shorts to a club…..now that would be “gayed” up ( ;

Comment by D.S.C – June 28, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh grow up, you think there’s no real gay cops!! Being gay is what gave John Cooper appeal. I can name 10 reality shows that need to go before Southland!!!!! BAD MOVE TNT,BAD MOVE!!

Comment by Shirley Brake – September 7, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unbelievable! Cancelled one of the best shows ever on Television! I hope it haunts you.

Comment by Oscar – August 17, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This SUCKS. The great shows get cancelled and crap gets renewed.

Comment by Christine – May 10, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ain’t this the truth!!! I loved this show.it is getting hard to find anything worth on TV anymore.

Comment by Tami Fletcher – May 10, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Breaking Bad… Game of Thrones… Boardwalk Empire… Mad Men… you must not be looking hard enough.

Comment by Abe Froman – May 10, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t forget Honey Boo Boo & Kardashian shows, which is so worth our time….when they are made fun of The Soup

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Breaking bad is cxld too!!
          Seems to me any show that requires “watching” & interpreting is being phased out. Probably 100 more reality shows tho. Cheaper to make & the audience is…, well. U know, an easier in the mind one.
          Southland will b missed

Comment by Joelle – May 10, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t know where you heard that ridiculous rumor, but Breaking Bad isnt being cancelled, this is just the final season. It’s not of the top rated shows on cable TV. Lmao

Comment by Nick – May 22, 2013 08:41 PM PDT
    • I agree 100%. I rated Southland up there with The West Wing and Boston Legal. You really got intimate with the characters and learned to care about them. That is kinda rare in today’s TV… at least for me.

Comment by Russell – May 10, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree….who cann watch that show and NOT care about John Cooper??

Comment by joan – May 10, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, John Cooper was such a complex character who dealt with so many issues. The fact that he was portrayed as a gay officer was a credit to his acting capabilities. I imagine many gay police officers found Michael Cudlitz to be respectful in that role. Coopers addiction to pain killers also showed a real side as to what officers have to deal with from hazards of the job. Regina King was fabulous as was Shawn Hatosy. They started going off the reservation with Ben McKenzie’s character though. Cooper ruled and I hope he shows up in something real soon. Waht a great actor.

Comment by Robert/Chicago – October 7, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe garbage gets renewed and great, interesting, gripping shows get cancelled … This sucks Big Time!

Comment by Shein Die – May 10, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because people watch TV for garbage now just like they go on the internet for garbage. Great gripping, deep, thoughtful shows need people that are thoughtful and deep and have great taste and want quality.
        What sucks the most to me is when there is story left untold, cliffhanger. I wish the writers/studio would put out a press release saying what would have happened to the characters in the end game.

Comment by M3rc Nate – May 10, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I don’t understand why more people didn’t watch this show because it was one of the best police dramas on tv. I keep thinking the days of trash tv are going to be over soon but it just keeps coming with stellar ratings yet shows like Southland can’t make it past a few seasons.

Comment by Kristoffer – May 10, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Men of A Certain Age” was a great show, won the prestigious Peabody Award, then was cancelled by TNT.

“Southland”, one of the best dramas on TV also won a Peabody this year, and gets the axe.

The continued renewal of “Animal House” meets “LA Law” (aka “Franklin & Bash”),proves there’s no room for quality on TNT.

Comment by filmex2000 – May 10, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea, I can’t wait for the “Real Housewives of Podunkville”.

Comment by Rus Orlandos – May 11, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOu have got to be kidding me?!?!? Are they idiots???!!! This was the best show on television, hands down.

Comment by Nan – May 10, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Southland was the greatest tv series I have ever watched and I don’t think it can EVER be replaced. I always TVo so maybe that causes ratings to go uncounted – I don’t know. But, there was something so real and human about this drama and I think it’s a real shame that so many will never view it or be able to be swept away as I was.

Comment by Karen Huggins – May 12, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow, I thought hearing Go On being canceled was the worst news of the day, but no, it’s this!! I will miss this show horribly and will be mourning it for a long time.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Britta Unfiltered. First Go On, now Southland? I’m fearing Ausiello’s tweets today. If I see “Community” & “cancelled” in the same sentence, I’m going to go all Darkest Timeline.

Comment by Katrinka – May 10, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely agree. The Very Darkest Timeline!!! Don’t Britta this up NBC!! (No offense to Britta Unfiltered!!!)

Comment by Jenny h – May 10, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No offense taken. :) I also they hope they don’t “me” it up.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad day. Though it also seems inevitable, did the network say anything about Monday Mornings yet?

Comment by Liza – May 10, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although i never watched this show……. i know how popular it is on TNT and that’s just SAD. i thought it would stay on longer since it’s been around for five seasons.

ALL THESE NETWORKS ARE WHEELING AND DEALING ON WHICH SHOWS STAY OR GO AND THIS ONE IS A SHOCKER! …………My thoughts are w/you SOUTHLAND FANS!

Comment by A – May 10, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When a show has been on that long the actors start to get a little antsy to do other things or get paid for for staying. It never caught the big ratings that it deserved no matter how many fans seemed to rave about it. I actually give TNT credit for keeping it as long as they did despite its lower ratings. 5 seasons is a good run and usually when you get this far out it is hard to keep from ruining the story with tired writing and getting their stellar reputation as one of the best cop shows ever tarnished.

Comment by ngyoung – May 31, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Monday Mornings is a one-and-done. The ratings were pretty bad.

Comment by Megan – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Monday Mornings is cancelled too….I do NOT get the thought process behind these decisions. Southland was not just a great police drama it was a great drama PERIOD. All the shades of the human animal were delivered uncut and unfiltered and I will miss this show terribly….its a good thing I read too or I would be starved for entertainment because the television landscape is looking bleaker and dumber (I was going to say “stupider” lol!!) by the season. Sigh…

Comment by Deverons Mamma-Vega – May 25, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooooooooo

Comment by Patrick – May 10, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY???????? It’s got to be one of the very best cop shows on the darn tv! What the heck is the station management thinking?

Comment by Annmarie O – May 10, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am heartbroken over this decision – dumb move TNT

Comment by Maureen – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Monday Mornings is a goner too since it had lower ratings than Southland. MM was my fav new show this year

Comment by Martina – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why?!?! That show is so amazing! And then the way it ended! Damn you TNT!!!!

Comment by Becca – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • read on HuffPo there is talk of doing a 2-hour wrap-up movie…but who knows how these things play out?

Comment by seattlejohn449 – May 11, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A shame Southland has never found its footing in terms of audience. It’s been one of my favorite shows on television ever since its ill-fated debut on NBC. A miracle it’s lasted as long as it has, so thank you TV gods for helping it last through season 5.
    Best cop show I’ve ever seen, hands down.
    Please give Michael Cudlitz an Emmy.

Comment by DL – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Cudlitz and Emmy!

Comment by Chuck – May 10, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree!!! Michael Cudlitz deserves multiple Emmy’s. R.I.P Southland

You will be sorely missed :(

Comment by Jenny h – May 10, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen

Comment by Becky – May 11, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on TV, now gone. Glad TNT rescued it from NBC, but gonna miss it BIG!

Comment by Chuck – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :((((

Comment by Jenna – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT you AT LEAST owe us, the faithful viewers an EXPLANATION for cancelling it. I agree with Christine, the great shows get cancelled and the crappy ones get renewed for years and years. I call BS!

Comment by Michele Hampton Barnes – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree with you, Michelle. Southland had a cult-like following, and it isn’t fair to just pull it out from under us. I kept thinking that this season the cast was really geling and the shows just kept getting better and better. Please TNT……an explanation. With all the crap shows stations like TLC and Bravo are putting on,m I would think Southland deserves another chance.

Comment by Dottie654 – May 10, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But they renewed Boston’s Finest with lower ratings?

Comment by Dave – May 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boston’s Finest is probably cheaper to make.

Comment by Regal – May 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculous! Any chance of another network picking it up? Bring that show to Showtime or HBO!

Comment by Tara – May 10, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Dexter ending, Showtime will need something to fill its place..why not southland! Someone contact Showtime stat!

Comment by Hannibal G – May 10, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Southland was brilliant. PLEASE, PLEASE Showtime, HBO Starz, anyone, please pick up this show. Brilliant acting and brilliant scripts. Shame on you TNT

Comment by maureen – May 16, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No!! That makes me sad. Loved “Southland”! What happens to John Cooper? Guess we make up our own ending. In my version, he lives.

Comment by Philip Dudley (@prd9601) – May 10, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im surprised by all of the cancelling i hope TNT as another fantastic show lined up to try and replace this. At least they are not as bad as NBC who releases 12 new shows like horrible animal practice (did they actually think anyone will like it???) and they end up cancelling shows that might have a chance. Its a horrible cycle

Comment by david – May 10, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This breaks my heart into million pieces. SouthLAnd was the best police procedural ever made. Damn you TNT.

Comment by Everlast85 – May 10, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo!!! That is such awful news. What the hell?

Comment by Jaded – May 10, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let the tears begin…

Comment by Kenny – May 10, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :(

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just stinks. Southland is one of the best shows on television and the best police drama ever!

Comment by Dave Kogan – May 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO!!!!!This was the best drama on tv- can’t believe TNTis making the same mistake that NBC did!!!

Comment by marykon13 – May 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment by Katherine – May 10, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if we’ll ever find out what happened to Cooper :(

Comment by Laura – May 10, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to be kidding me! Please for the love of everything holy can another network please pick up this show up!!!!????

Comment by Corinne (@Cory0706) – May 10, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible decision..If they think it’s one of the best police dramas ever made, then why cancel? This show never got the recongnition it deserved at award season, which is a shame..Micheal Cudlitz character this season was one of the best I’ve ever seen and should be awarded with an Emmy Nomination, along with Gerald Mcraney..

Comment by Jacob D – May 10, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope TVLine does an interview with the creators and at least telk us where they thought the characters would have ended up if they were able to put together a proper finale.

Its a frickin blood bath of TV news today

Comment by jackie – May 10, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it when people get all mad at the station for canceling a show. TNT stood by Southland for four years, it’s not their faut the audience never showed up. Southland was one of the best shows out there, but the fact is that no one was watching, which meant that no advertisers wanted to pay for the show, which means that it was costing TNT a lot of money. Factor that in with the costs for contract renewals and blah blah, and it just wouldn’t have made sense to keep going when the show would obviously never gain the audience it needed to justify the costs. And don’t start saying “we’ll they renewed this show and it had less viewers!” because the other show probably had a lower budget. Just thank TNT for a great four years and move on, because there’s really nothing else anyone can do.

Comment by Rrrrrr – May 10, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100%

Comment by Don J – May 10, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. NBC kicked this show to the curb after seven episodes. TNT gave us another 36 episodes when they didn’t have to. Be thankful for that everyone.

Comment by EatMorePez – May 10, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not like they did it for free, you know. They did it because there was a following for the show, which is clear because they kept it on for four more years. But they did a lousy job of promoting it. I know this because, since TNT has cancelled the OTHER shows I liked, I didn’t watch TNT much and I, as a fan from the beginning of Southland, nearly missed the first show this season. If TNT wants to keep showing umpty nine repeats of The Mentalist, okay, but Southland is a show like none other and they’re making a mistake.

Comment by Jan Hare – May 10, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well maybe if they had promoted SouthLAnd just a little bit, viewers might have watched. I didn’t even know last season had started before episode 3. The acting this past season was stellar and Michael Cudlitz deserves an EMMY nomination !
      This was the only show on TNT that I watched so I guess the network has lost a viewer. It’s sad the amount of garbage that passes for entertainment there is on TV nowadays. Pretty soon I’ll be watching NetFlix only.

Comment by Cassie Barker – May 10, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure, that makes a lot of sense if you’re going to adopt and embrace the “short view” but the reality is this show was a creative feather in TNT’s cap and they run a whole lot of other things (be they of dubious quality or not) where they could very easily afford to lose a little on it for the “long run,” not to mention, retain a small modicum of credibility in the face of the overly abundant plateful of mediocrity this channel serves up, ad nausea. As far as I’m concerned, the cancellation of this and Men of A Certain Age, the only two worthwhile things this network has served up, demonstrates a lack of resolve and backbone. Credit where credit is due, yes, they had the foresight to air both these shows but cancelling them is an outright contradiction of having done so in the first place. If there’s any upside, perhaps both shows find a wider audience via box set releases and or Netflix streaming. They can then kick themselves soundly in their own backside for not stepping up to the plate when it was happening in real time.

Comment by SkullBuddy Esq. – May 13, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT gets my support always for picking up this show when it was dead on NBC. The writing was on the wall with the low ratings and cast members joining other pilots. No one should be angry at TNT. They supported the show and gave us 5 seasons.

Comment by Don J – May 10, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry I meant they gave us 3 additional seasons of the show since NBC produced the 1st 2.

Comment by Don J – May 10, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was one of the greatest cop shows on TV. I”m sorry to see it end. I never understood why NBC canceled it. I did follow it on TNT. There are so many terrible reality shows on, & this they cancel?

Comment by Kris Neumann – May 10, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE HELL?….ARE YOU SERIOUS?….GOOD LORD GUESS SLIME LIVES AND PEARLS GET CRUSHED….WOW

Comment by Aaron – May 10, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is terrible news, especially realizing that we will never find out whether John Cooper survived.

Comment by Sareeta – May 10, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hm. If it made it to season 6, I’ll bet John would have lived. This way he can die and not have to relive every second of his ordeal.

Comment by lancer824 – May 10, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so sad, but not all that surprising. I can’t be angry over it – I’m incredibly grateful for the four extra seasons we got of Southland after NBC’s epic mistake of cancelling it in the first place. Thanks TNT. I’m sorry to see it go and at this point I just hope that the cast will be recognized come awards time.

Comment by CJ – May 10, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst news ever! Hope we find out what happened to John :(

Comment by dustinandrew (@dustinandrew) – May 10, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If TNT would have given them a decent time slot it would have been their number one show.

TNT stands for sh** for brains!

Comment by Gnash – May 10, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can they renew Boston’s Finest but not Southland?!! Not hating, but Boston’s Finest’s ratings were worse :(

Comment by R o m a n i o (@Surome) – May 10, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reality shows are cheaper to make. Too bad quality doesn’t trump ratings when it is most deserved

Comment by Jackie – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boston’s Finest is a reality series, so it’s cheaper to produce. It doesn’t need a big audience to make money. Southland, on the other hand, did.

Comment by Warren – May 10, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boston’s Finest has a built in story going for it – the Marathon Bombing. I thought about it as soon as the bombing happened. It IS a good show – I hate reality but this doesn’t really seem like reality to me. I want SOUTHLAND!

Comment by Jan Hare – May 10, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To despise this i’m not watching Bostons finest…..Just promote southland better and it would be put it next to walking dead. Also, half of the watchers probably did’nt even know when the next season started because of the looooong breaks. I just gained interest in southland in its final season cause i did not know it existed.

Comment by HAY-JACK – May 11, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How sad… the BEST. SHOW. EVER. #RIPSouthland

Comment by Holly – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After TNT canceled Men of a Certain Age, it was clear that quality took a back seat to inane content. Without Southland, there’s nothing of interest on the TNT wasteland.

Comment by Greg F – May 10, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodbye to Southland,,,, Goodbye to TNT, and all of their sponsors

Comment by JJ – May 10, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two years in a row one of the best shows – Men of a Certain Age and now Southland, get cancelled. Meanwhile silly crap like Franklin&Bash, Rizzoli and Isles, etc…live on. I don’t blame TNT, networks have to make money. If it had made money, they’d have kept it. Ensemble dramas are expensive. I do like Falling Skies, even though it’s kinda schlocky…Guess that’s my kiss of death on that one too.

Comment by Tim – May 10, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch Rizzoli and Isles though I am not sure why. The police station, morgue and coffee shop are all located in the same building. Kind of weird but… Perhaps it is Angie Harmon that keeps me returning.

Now for Franklin & Bash, I have no idea why that is still around. Mark-Paul Gosselaar must be related to someone high up the chain. Raising the Bar… they kept resurrecting it. The show was awful! I thought Franklin & Bash was cancelled. I guess their hope is that Heather Locklear will save it.

Comment by Lex Bradshaw – August 20, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great now no one will be watching TNT good luck stupid’s

Comment by Simone – May 10, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Simone. I watch very little television, but never missed Southland. I will NOT watch TNT anymore, just to set an example of what I feel. All the reality show crap on TV, hate it, but I was a huge Southland fan. They keep crap on that is patethetic, but one of the best crime dramas ever made gets cancelled. So glad my husband bought me the 5 seasons of Southland onDVD for my birthday, I will have them to cherish. I have loaned out the dvd set to several friends who have never seen it, now they are addicted. Will be a sad story to tell them it has been canceled. Shame on you TNT, you have lost a viewer.

Comment by julie zeidan – May 12, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are caneclling the wrong show. Why do all the great, intelligent shows get cancelled? Please rethink this.

Comment by MRP – May 10, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “We are enormously proud of Southland, which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made.”… but we’re cancelling it anyway.

Is it OK if I blame Jay Leno for this? When he took all of the 10PM slots in the week, there was no space left for Southland that was too awesome to be allowed to play on networks before 10. That’s why NBC cancelled it in the first place. I blame Jay Leno.

Comment by drewcpu – May 10, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TNT you made a big mistake. Last year you annoyed me with Men of a Certain Age but taking Southland has really enraged me. This station is fast becoming the play to lose IQ points by watching all the trash that is left; Honey Boo Boo and garbage that panders to the lower spectrum of intelligence. I will boycott your station and while I cannot have it removed from my cable provider, I will not watch it.

P.s. the person who made this decision is an idiot!

Comment by Wally – June 8, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope another network picks it up, it’s the best cop show ever.

Comment by Erica – May 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southland was the best cop show on TV–very sad to see it go, but glad TNT saved it as long as they could. John Cooper lives in my version!

Comment by Angela – May 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The saddest cancellation this year, by far. One of the best shows on TV today.

Comment by Fletcher – May 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F U TNT! This has been the best television show for the past 5 years!! I will protest and never watch any more shows from this network again…remember NBC cancelled this show too & look how we’ll they are doing…

Comment by Irene – May 10, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post