Parker Posey Departs NBC's The Family Guide

Get More: Casting News

Parker PoseyThe Family Guide is in the market for a new mom.

Parker Posey has left the newly greenlit NBC comedy, sources confirm to TVLine.

RELATED | NBC Cancels Matthew Perry’s Go On

The single-camera project — from writer/EP DJ Nash (Bent) — centers on a son who idolizes his blind father (played by J.K. Simmons, The Closer, Family Tools) and enjoys his mom’s newfound adolescence after his folks divorce and ultimately grow closer.

Posey played the boy’s mother in the series’ pilot; the part will be recast.

Comments (14)

• Hey, now I can actually watch this! Yay!

Comment by lariet50 – May 10, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I sometimes enjoy Parker Posey in a support role (she was magnificent on ‘Louie’), but as a lead she would be way too much to take.

Comment by mondosalvo – May 10, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I’m just the opposite. This premise didn’t sound all that great to me, but I would have checked it out from PP. Now I won’t. Oh well.

Comment by George – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, pretty much this for me.

Comment by DL – May 10, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, if Parker Posey is out, I guess this is a new show I won’t be watching.

Comment by Dave – May 10, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly!

Comment by Elena – May 10, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premise doesn’t sound good enough. I personally don’t blame her. NBC just need a REALLY big hit, something that actually sounds interesting in a sentence.

Comment by Eddie – May 10, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could never picture her with JK Simmons – she seems much younger, at least in temperment/attitude, I don’t know if they are close in age or not

Comment by Lisa – May 10, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone really expect Parker Posey to headline a TV series?

Comment by Jon – May 10, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do recall the horror that was “The Return of Jezebel James.”

Comment by lariet50 – May 10, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paget Brewster’s pilot didn’t get picked up so she is available. Just saying.

I think she’d rock the character’s newfound adolescence.

Comment by Kathy – May 10, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laura Linney seems like she would be a good fit. She’s closer to JK in age, and the Big C is over. Mary Louis Parker might be good too. Robert Greenblat know them both from his Showtime days, come on NBC!

Comment by Paul – May 10, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The sitcom’s obviously not indy enough for her.

Comment by Evan – May 10, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like she realized it was gonna be a bomb and bailed while she had the chance.

Comment by Alex – May 11, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post