NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. Sandi says:

Canceling Go On is just another reason for me to watch ABC, CBS and FOX.
    What a terrible decision. NBC is now off my radar.

2. Luisimpr says:

I love “Go On”, i looked forward to tuesday’s just to watch “go on”.
    I’m very disapointed they cancelled this show.
    Please, please, please………. Put it back on.

3. Sheryl Medvetz says:

BOO NBC!!!!! Go On is a wonderfully funny show with a perfect cast!! Finally something was on that was worthy of watching…and family friendly for our teens to watch with us. This is the show I look forward to each week….thinking of boycotting NBC now….Boo Boo Boo.

4. Ashley says:

The fact that there are SIX PAGES of comments telling NBC how stupid this decision was…shows just how STUPID THIS DECISION WAS!

5. Stephanie says:

This cancellation brought me to tears!! This was ONE show that my hubby and I could agree on! It was just witty and fast and heartwarming… Damn you NBC, if it wasn’t for sports I would block your channel in my parental controls!

6. Doug says:

With the end of ‘The Office’ and now the cancellation of ‘Go On’, I just lost any reason to watch anything on NBC at all.

Guess what, NBC —- YOU’RE cancelled!

7. Tamara says:

NBC sucks. One of the few good “food for thought” comedies in a long time! I actually looked forward to watching this show and gave the Network a try. Scratch that.

8. Amy says:

Go On was hilarious! Much, much better than some shows out there! This was a big mistake.

9. ldlinhouston says:

This infuriates me. Go on is an awesome show. The crazy cast of characters fit so well together. Please Tbs pick this show up or I cant Go on.

10. MLindao says:

Soooo sad, I looked forward to seeing Go On. How can NBC bring it back????

11. JHF says:

NBC should get cancelled! Go on was the only show my family watched other than the office. Both are now gone therefore NBC may not be turned on in my house in the fall.

12. totally shocked it was my favorite show for this season, NOWAY !! why did they cancel it are they out of their minds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Xixa says:

I loved Go On & Whitney…so depressing.

14. Lori S. says:

How on earth could someone(s) cancel this excellent show? This show was my absolute favorite show last year… period. I don’t say that lightly because I really don’t watch a lot of TV. Nevertheless this show came along like a shimmering stream running through a dry desert. Each week I would faithfully watch this show… like a child waiting for Christmas morning to arrive… then proceed to watch the reruns on my computer as I worked out. I am sad and dismayed to see this excellent show go away because it faithfully delivered an amazing show each week. Shame on the executives at NBC for this horrible decision!

15. connie says:

Big mistake…sorry to see it go. This was the only show I set up on my DVR

16. WTF… BRING BACK THE SHOW… WE’RE SO HOPING FOR THE SECOND SEASON… ARE YOU F****G NUTS NBC???

17. karcormex says:

nooooooooooooooooo! The New Normal and Go On were two of my favorites :'( I’m starting to dislike NBC, what’s th epoint of watching if they will cancel good shows.

18. annie says:

this show was great!!!!! NBC really pisses me off! thats why I rarely watch new series from NBC. whats the point??? they are gonna cancel it !!!! i thought it would be different with GO ON! it had good reviews and rating! :(

19. S says:

This show had me laughing like a crazy person all hours of the day and night. I could not wait to see what the group got up to in the next episode. I can’t believe NBC cut this show, but then again they always cut a gem don’t they. Pity.

20. Bummed says:

6 pages and counting…you made a big mistake canceling Go On and somebody else will pick it up. NBC can now Go On to the network graveyard. Another DUMB decision!!!

21. carol orlowski says:

I hate nbc for canceling. GO ON!!!!! Why couldnt it go to another channel. I love matthew perry. He is a brillant and funny actor. Get some brains. NBC

22. Rosie says:

Loved this show-it was refreshingly different…

23. Cindy says:

Just read that “go on” canceled. NBC your in last place for a reason. 1st “new normal” and now this. I can’t think of another show on NBC I watch. I’ll have to see what is on cable, again

24. Mary says:

I know this is a little late, but I’m very surprised and disappointed that “Go On” was cancelled. it was my only reason to watch NBC. I would love it to get picked up by another channel. The ensemble was brilliant!!

25. Andrea says:

Seriously I don’t understand how things get cancelled?
    I also am wondering how some of these shows are still on?
    Go On was extra funny

26. rhonda says:

I agree another network should pick it up.. loved the characters!!

27. raha says:

nooooooooooo i loved that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought after matt leblanc rocked episodes , mathew perry was going to do the same with go on!! :(

28. Chiara says:

Okay I can’t believe this! Go on wasn’t just a show that puts a pretty series topic into a funny atmosphere, it was also structured in a very clear way! Matthew Perry’s humour stayed the same as from friends (which was one of the most successful tv shows). I think this humour was formed into a bit more sarcastic one, which was perfect! It’s really sad, because I think I finally found the right show for me, which could put sad and funny topics together and make the perfect thing out of it. Too bad, hope they give it a shot one day! Very disappointed greetings from Europe

29. Mata mare says:

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE !? This was such an amazing show ffs…