NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Get More: Cancellations

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

Tags: ,

Comments (361)

• Canceling Go On is just another reason for me to watch ABC, CBS and FOX.
    What a terrible decision. NBC is now off my radar.

Comment by Sandi – May 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love “Go On”, i looked forward to tuesday’s just to watch “go on”.
    I’m very disapointed they cancelled this show.
    Please, please, please………. Put it back on.

Comment by Luisimpr – May 22, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOO NBC!!!!! Go On is a wonderfully funny show with a perfect cast!! Finally something was on that was worthy of watching…and family friendly for our teens to watch with us. This is the show I look forward to each week….thinking of boycotting NBC now….Boo Boo Boo.

Comment by Sheryl Medvetz – May 23, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fact that there are SIX PAGES of comments telling NBC how stupid this decision was…shows just how STUPID THIS DECISION WAS!

Comment by Ashley – May 23, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s hope another network is smart enough to pick it up!

Comment by Stephanie – May 24, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This cancellation brought me to tears!! This was ONE show that my hubby and I could agree on! It was just witty and fast and heartwarming… Damn you NBC, if it wasn’t for sports I would block your channel in my parental controls!

Comment by Stephanie – May 24, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the end of ‘The Office’ and now the cancellation of ‘Go On’, I just lost any reason to watch anything on NBC at all.

Guess what, NBC —- YOU’RE cancelled!

Comment by Doug – May 27, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC sucks. One of the few good “food for thought” comedies in a long time! I actually looked forward to watching this show and gave the Network a try. Scratch that.

Comment by Tamara – May 27, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go On was hilarious! Much, much better than some shows out there! This was a big mistake.

Comment by Amy – May 28, 2013 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This infuriates me. Go on is an awesome show. The crazy cast of characters fit so well together. Please Tbs pick this show up or I cant Go on.

Comment by ldlinhouston – June 1, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo sad, I looked forward to seeing Go On. How can NBC bring it back????

Comment by MLindao – June 3, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC should get cancelled! Go on was the only show my family watched other than the office. Both are now gone therefore NBC may not be turned on in my house in the fall.

Comment by JHF – June 3, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • totally shocked it was my favorite show for this season, NOWAY !! why did they cancel it are they out of their minds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Asseel R. Al-Hadithy – June 5, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Go On & Whitney…so depressing.

Comment by Xixa – June 19, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How on earth could someone(s) cancel this excellent show? This show was my absolute favorite show last year… period. I don’t say that lightly because I really don’t watch a lot of TV. Nevertheless this show came along like a shimmering stream running through a dry desert. Each week I would faithfully watch this show… like a child waiting for Christmas morning to arrive… then proceed to watch the reruns on my computer as I worked out. I am sad and dismayed to see this excellent show go away because it faithfully delivered an amazing show each week. Shame on the executives at NBC for this horrible decision!

Comment by Lori S. – July 2, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big mistake…sorry to see it go. This was the only show I set up on my DVR

Comment by connie – July 2, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF… BRING BACK THE SHOW… WE’RE SO HOPING FOR THE SECOND SEASON… ARE YOU F****G NUTS NBC???

Comment by Chetan Bhadrashette (@chetanbhglory) – July 4, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nooooooooooooooooo! The New Normal and Go On were two of my favorites :’( I’m starting to dislike NBC, what’s th epoint of watching if they will cancel good shows.

Comment by karcormex – July 10, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show was great!!!!! NBC really pisses me off! thats why I rarely watch new series from NBC. whats the point??? they are gonna cancel it !!!! i thought it would be different with GO ON! it had good reviews and rating! :(

Comment by annie – July 30, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show had me laughing like a crazy person all hours of the day and night. I could not wait to see what the group got up to in the next episode. I can’t believe NBC cut this show, but then again they always cut a gem don’t they. Pity.

Comment by S – July 31, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 6 pages and counting…you made a big mistake canceling Go On and somebody else will pick it up. NBC can now Go On to the network graveyard. Another DUMB decision!!!

Comment by Bummed – August 12, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate nbc for canceling. GO ON!!!!! Why couldnt it go to another channel. I love matthew perry. He is a brillant and funny actor. Get some brains. NBC

Comment by carol orlowski – August 13, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this show-it was refreshingly different…

Comment by Rosie – September 2, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just read that “go on” canceled. NBC your in last place for a reason. 1st “new normal” and now this. I can’t think of another show on NBC I watch. I’ll have to see what is on cable, again

Comment by Cindy – September 9, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is a little late, but I’m very surprised and disappointed that “Go On” was cancelled. it was my only reason to watch NBC. I would love it to get picked up by another channel. The ensemble was brilliant!!

Comment by Mary – September 30, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously I don’t understand how things get cancelled?
    I also am wondering how some of these shows are still on?
    Go On was extra funny

Comment by Andrea – October 22, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree another network should pick it up.. loved the characters!!

Comment by rhonda – November 13, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nooooooooooo i loved that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought after matt leblanc rocked episodes , mathew perry was going to do the same with go on!! :(

Comment by raha – November 22, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay I can’t believe this! Go on wasn’t just a show that puts a pretty series topic into a funny atmosphere, it was also structured in a very clear way! Matthew Perry’s humour stayed the same as from friends (which was one of the most successful tv shows). I think this humour was formed into a bit more sarcastic one, which was perfect! It’s really sad, because I think I finally found the right show for me, which could put sad and funny topics together and make the perfect thing out of it. Too bad, hope they give it a shot one day! Very disappointed greetings from Europe

Comment by Chiara – January 17, 2014 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE !? This was such an amazing show ffs…

Comment by Mata mare – February 11, 2014 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post