NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. Bryan says:

NBC doesn’t deserve half the shows they get. They mishandle them all. With “Go On” it was a pop fly that they managed to miss. The brass they have making decisions now would gave probably tanked “Friends” and “Seinfeld” after one season too. I’m Starting to hope the network goes the way of the Dodo because they’re acting like one.

2. rcne says:

I might be in the minority here, but I liked The New Normal more than Go On. Still, I think they should have BOTH been renewed. Other than The Voice, they’re the only TV I watch on a regular basis. NBC soared for just a single season, it’s really too bad.

3. Priscilla says:

This is so upsetting. They are canceling all the good shows. Guys with kids and now this. I love these shows. And they cancelled awake, right when it was getting good. Bastards ! That’s why I’m so afraid of getting into new shows because I’m afraid they will cancel that too.

4. Dan says:

Nope not surprised at all. The fat cats do what they do and not really care what you or I think. This is how it’s been and how it will ALWAYS BE. It’s the Golden Rule. he who has the gold MAKES the Rule ! While I have watched this from the beginning, and will watch it till it last seconds airs, I have actually STOPPED WATCHING LIVE TV right after another favorite TV was canceled as well. For them it’s ALL about the dollars the shows bring in, and while I kinda understand that, it still upsets me so CAN YOU IMAGINE what NETWORK TV would like on the major 3 (5 depending on your view of major) if MORE AND MORE PEOPEL STOPPED WATCHING EVERYTHING LIVE, and started RECORDING, EVERYTHING THEY WATCH ! Yeppers, We do actually have the power ourselves, but were just not organized enough to use it !

DoneByDan in SanAntonio

5. Kate says:

Please tbs pick this up! This is such a great show ! Who can we write to?!?!? Save RYAN and the gang !!!!!!

6. sniebling@sbcglobal.net says:

You are frickin kidding me. My whole family loved this show and The New Normal. They were the only two new shows we liked! Though I would like to thank Ryan Murphy for seeing the writing on the wall and actually ending the season with a great ending.

7. Emily says:

GO ON was such a great show! I really hate that they cancelled it. The story line could have gone in so many directions I was looking forward to where they would take it. Well, looks like NBC will only be watched once a week for SNL!!!! NBC USED to be the best network now I guess I will have to agree with the rest of America and say CBS is the best and MOSt watched network!!!!!

8. OMG NBC why do you disappoint me! You did good this year with this show and others and you cancelled all of them? Shame on you, you broke my heart for the last time.

9. Brianna says:

I really enjoyed “Go On”. :/

10. Rylee Murray says:

NO!!!!!!! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

11. Dawnie D says:

Sooooo sad!!

12. Joy says:

I hope another network picks it up. This show was hilarious. The NBC network execs obviously don’t know what they’re doing…. They gave Whitney and Smash two seasons and those shows were/are horrible! Ugh! So disappointed….

13. Mel says:

Seriously NBC, if you keep cancelling good shows with good actors, no one is ever going to watch and actors like Matthew Perry will never work for you. might as well close your doors. and sure you string along shows for years and years, but a really good one you just nip in the bud. oh peacock, I use to stick up for you but now I just don’t know…

14. go on simply didnt go down for me..you could see the over-acting throughout not a show

15. kylie says:

Why would they do this!? WHY WHY WHY!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHH ! I am actually shocked, I really didn’t see this one ending just yet

16. rachel. says:

YOU SUCK NBC I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU. all you are to me anymore is community and parks and rec. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!!?!?!

17. Vern Gomilla says:

Another terrible decision by NBC. . .at least the kept Community around

18. Rebekah says:

they cancelled ‘up all night’! …they obviously don’t know what’s good for them. i’m sick of getting hooked on great shows for some NBC suit to cancel them. UGH!

19. Trish says:

That’s crazy, Go on is hysterically funny, I love all the characters. The new normal is nowhere near modern family, so GIVE IT UP NBC!

20. Brad says:

Good riddance. Couldn’t be happier that NBC continues to fail, especially after those crooks from Comcast bought them.

21. Volcfom says:

Wha??? Wasn’t Go On one of their better rated comedies? This one is a head-scratcher…

22. Kathleen says:

Somehow Chicago Fire survives and a spin off Chicago PD is born. I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. Go On! was a heartwarming story which captures the struggle which too many people have to go through and it got canceled. Here is the plot line of Chicago fire, drama, fire, sex, drama, sex, drama. People are stupid and I am sad.

23. Lisa B says:

I am so very disappointed that this show is being cancelled. Not only does it have an amazing cast…(..Matthew Perry has been my husband and I’s favorite actor for years ) But, I lost my father this past year and it has helped me so much to let go and laugh.

My mom and family started watching it after I told them about it. This is so sad…. You really should really reconsider. Wow… NBC has just gone down another notch in my book.

24. Eric R says:

I hate NBC.. Go On was great! This was the only show I watched on NBC, not they get 0% of my viewing time!!!

25. Jill C says:

SO disappointed! This was one of my favorite new shows this season!!

26. Jimmy D. says:

NBC needs to wipe the leadership slate clean–they careen from one nincompoop exec to another, axing good shows, and staying too long with bad shows, and their network flounders creatively, even if the news divsions and sister networks generally get it right. This baloney has been going full bore for a quarter century, so some knothead way high up keeps getting called a genius by butt-kissing sycophants. Too bad you can’t fire ownership.

27. yizudien says:

It is getting to the point with NBC that you wont watch anything new they have simply because you get vested in the stories and figuring out the main characters only to have them pull the plug on the show. Go on and the new normal were funny and not your cookie cutter style sitcoms.

Oh well

28. Zoe says:

Aw damnit, no! This is why I can’t get attached to new shows, they always get axed. -mourns-

29. sad says:

I am depressed

30. Anna says:

Perhaps NBC should just replace their jingle with a “Ding… ding…. ” and the sound of the plug being pulled? This network is seriously going down the tubes. It’s a sign of desperation when they cut 7 shows in 36 hours – including some doing decently well for a rookie 30 minute comedy – to start fresh. With what? Oh, more bad reality shows. And another round of one season 30 minute comedies they’ll cancel next year.

• Daniel says:

or NBC could lose the jingle altogether and just start flashing CBS’ logo, at this point that’s the only way some viewers will stay on their network, they just need to make sure to add some procedural police stuff to their new shows!

31. Amanda says:

Who is making these ridiculous decisions?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love The New Normal and Go On! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NBC????????????? And the new shows slated to start next fall? They look awful and unoriginal!

32. Robert Ziegler says:

Loved the variety of personalities.

33. JT says:

OMG!!!!! This is the only Network show I would watch!

34. bb says:

NBC is killing me. One of the better new comedy shows out there. I am giving up on NBC. They do this all the time. Some reject makes some horrible decisions for them. Time to boycott NBC. Used to be the best network, now I rank them with the WB. Oh wait, where did they go?

35. Sellis says:

Does NBC really have any idea what is funny??? That was the best show for comedy!!! I will not etch their channel. Like to meet these execs that put it on the chopping block! It was hilarious! I agree with the comment- now we have to watch “The Voice” nites a week?how many times can we watch people sing or cop shows???

36. John1991 says:

NBC, this show was great and you messed it up you incompetent fools……

37. kris says:

I LOVED this show and the quirky characters. NBC wonders why they are last in the ratings?? It is because you don’t even allow us to get attached to a show before you cancel it. Out of the shows cancelled I did not miss an episode of Go On or The New Normal. I agree with the other comedies that were axed. Way to go once again ABC

38. kris says:

NBC : )

39. Mr. Pseudonym says:

There is now a petition to resurrect ‘Go On’, if anyone is interested.

40. Disappointed says:

You can’t be serious! Julie White was brilliant!! This show has brilliant comic subtleties. You can re-watch episodes and find stuff you missed on the first, second, third time. Such playful lines with such unique ways of using language to express feelings. Big mistake!

41. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ruined my day!!! I knew they moved it to Thursday night and then was waiting for my DVR to pick up a new episode….never saw one. Googled and found this horrible news!! I also HATE that the networks cancel shows so quickly!!! PLEASE someone pick up this show!!!!

42. Lisa says:

Can we protest???? I LOVE this show. Why do they cancel the smart shows while reality shows stay on forever!!! C’mon! Give me something!!!!

43. Casey Taylor says:

This was a great show!! I kept cracking up more and more very week. I would love to see another network pick this up. Maybe TBS

44. William says:

Such a stupid decision, it was a good comedy show. NBC is stupid to cancel it already, it was just getting better and better. Poor Matthew Perry..

45. Ben Dobbeck says:

It’s a funny and kindhearted show. I just don’t get it.

46. linda says:

sorry to learn that Go On is cancelled. much better than most of the sitcoms on tv right now.

47. Christina says:

Nooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! in Russian this show is becoming very popular!! No need to close the show!!!!!!

48. matt kerr says:

NBC is gonna start having to call CBS daddy! The Office and 30 Rock sadly are gone and the one promising sitcom they had is gone too? I’m sorry but Parks and Rec is not strong enough too carry NBC on thursday nights. At least they were smart enough to keep Revolution.

49. WHAT IS WITH NBC.NO WONDER THEY HAVE BEEN IN LAST PLACE IN OVERALL RATINGS.”GO ON” WAS FUNNY AND WELL WRITTEN WITH GOOD CHARACTER ACTORS.I AM VERY SUPRISED IT WAS NOT RENEWED FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON.

50. jeff says:

This is such sh!t. I thyink NBC will have 5 different versions of Law and Order running every night of the week. WTF NBC, leave ONE of your crappy shows up after a year to gain audiences did the history of TV mean anything to you? See Cosby Shows rating after season one and mix in MASH and Seinfeld as well (all would have been cut under these yahoo’s. TV- Your doing it wrong NBC. Go On was not only the best show on your station but the second best on ANY network. (After Modern Family) Bring it back, its audience will grow! It lost all of the single women who were hoping for a Friends retread but it was developing a TON of following by guys, young and old! Its was truly the only show I actually watched after DVR’ing it (the rest just sit in digital purgatory until I delete them.) Damn, way to screw up a network.