NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Get More: Cancellations

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

Tags: ,

Comments (361)

• This is definitely a surprise cancellation. I hope ‘Hannibal’ manages to survive the bloodbath.

Comment by sabrina – May 10, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh me too! Hannibal is SO good.

Comment by Teag – May 10, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo, this show was funny and good. They kept Whitney on the air for 2 seasons for god sakes and couldn’t give this show another. No wonder NBC is the last network. But this is the network that is firing Jay Leno even though his ratings are through the roof and lets not forget the Ann Curry debacle which cause then to become the #2 morning now after like 18 years

Comment by NBC SUCKS!!! – May 10, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they would keep it another year. Pair it with Parks and Rec and the new MJF show.

Comment by rflairfan – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gasped when I saw this headline! sad to see it go, was my favorite new show of the 2012-2013 TV season. was great to see Matthew Perry back on TV and it genuinely made me laugh (and even cry sometimes).

Comment by Ashley – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of all the canceled shows, this was the only one I really liked. Super talented cast and clever writing. I will miss it.

Comment by Aimee – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone’s ready to boycott NBC, lol. It’ll be the home of Must Flee TV!

Comment by Daniel – May 10, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I will no longer watch NBC and I was a huge SVU fan but I’m done with crap of a station.

Comment by Sarah – May 10, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1 for “Must Flee TV” lol

Comment by Kat – May 10, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is a dumb move, and I don’t even watch NBC comedies. Should have kept the show with the big name star, this way when all the new comedies fail in the fall they have something to fall back on.

Comment by Midori – May 10, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really disappointed. I liked the show. It was the only show on NBC that I watched. I thought it was really stupid when it got moved to Thursday for its last few episodes. I loved the cast, they were a lot of fun to watch.

Comment by Betty – May 10, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so so sad.

Comment by Bridget jones – May 10, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This stinks. Wonder if a cable channel might pick the show up, or are the salaries too high? NBC certainly didn’t do much to support the show. Wonder why The New Normal is still hanging in there, it has so much less reason to exist.

Comment by mommacats – May 10, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i must confess i haven’t watched it, i guess theirs no reason to now. sorry to all those that enjoyed it but its NBC so a part of you should of seen it coming, the Peacock continues to sink. I feel bad for Matt Perry he hasn’t been able to bounce back from Chandler :(

Comment by James – May 10, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ouch. Worst cancellation yet.

Comment by Teag – May 10, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually loved Go On. I thought it was hilarious and was sure NBC would stand behind this attempt at a Matthew Perry comeback

Comment by michele – May 10, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not so surprising – Matthew Perry is very likable but the show was not great

Comment by Susan – May 10, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, even _Joey_ got a second season. I’m going to need a big orange ball mascot suit now. =(

Comment by FHL – May 10, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh, more disappointed about 1600 Penn.

Comment by mike c – May 10, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really wish TBS or another cable net would pick this up.

Comment by Drizz – May 10, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY x@ damn it. It was a Damn good show. F*CK YOU NBS !!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Rusty23 – May 10, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment by Kurvin – May 10, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad. The show had gradually gotten much better!

Comment by HRG – May 10, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now Perry can go back to The Good Wife! YES!!!!!!!!

Comment by Gabriel Anthony – May 10, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will the networks realize that mathew perry CANT ACT!!!

Comment by joe – May 10, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? Ugh.. I was so hoping it wouldn’t get canceled. :(

Comment by Bernadett – May 10, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :(

Comment by Thaís Cardoso – May 10, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very depressing news :(

Comment by Maria Varaeva (@springdawnin) – May 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That makes me sad. I’m shocked to see NBC axing nearly all their comedies. They must really have a lot of faith in their pilots for next year. I don’t think I’ll be watching any of them though. I can’t stand for NBC to keep breaking my heart. I’ll just stick with Parks and Rec, Louie, Girls, and Veep being the only comedies I’ll be watching next year. And maybe a couple of comedies on ABC just to pass the time. And I guess we’ll see what happens with Community.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a crock! There are only 2 shows I watch on NBC these days — Chicago Fire and Go On. Go On is one of the funniest shows on Tv right now. I sincerely hope another network picks it up and runs with it. TBS, are you listening?

Comment by dragons3 – May 10, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is complete crap! this show was funny and i loved all the characters! so sad it got cancelled. NBC made a huge mistake

Comment by AWC – May 10, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There really is nothing I want to watch on NBC now. The Nothing But Crap network keeps on keeping on.

Comment by JaJo – May 10, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This blows!

Comment by Lorie – May 10, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me guess: all the shows they’re canceling will be replaced with a new reality show. NBC doesn’t know what they’re doing, so I’m not surprised.

Comment by Kris Neumann – May 10, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NBC YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!

Comment by mdtindc – May 10, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I need group therapy to overcome this terrible loss…

Comment by Maria Varaeva (@springdawnin) – May 10, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the show (their is a limit to how much TV you can watch while you are in college full time) but GoOn seemed to me to be a pretty dependable show. I saw add for it. It was often featured on Hulu. I know ppl who loved it. The only thing I can think is that the budget was too much for NBC’s bottom line. That’s silly though no show is a break out hit anymore not in its first season plus with all the options for watching TV ppl don’t often watch TV the traditional way. I have classmates who wait till summer or winter break watch all the TV shows they would have watched so they won’t get round to watching anything that started this year till the comming weeks.

Comment by Toia – May 10, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT? NOOO!

Comment by Hannah – May 10, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will miss this show so good

Comment by Joe – May 10, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SORRY I WONT MISS ANY OF THESE SHOWS.
    SMASH IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SHOULD STAY ON

Comment by Terry Delp – May 10, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And The new normal has lower ratings and will probably stay…

Comment by Nick – May 10, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First NOOOO and then WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I really liked that show…….

Comment by K. – May 10, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Go On. Can Matthew Perry move over to Parenthood and be the latest love interest for Lauren Graham?

Comment by Meg – May 10, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!! What a blow. NBC is NEVER going to get another successful show if they keep killing ones with potential so early!

Comment by Babybop – May 10, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would hope Mathew Perry would never wany a show on NBC again. Isn’t this the third one that has been cancelled in 3 or 4 years

Comment by Boiler – May 10, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Studio 60 and Go On were on NBC. Mr. Sunshine was on ABC.

Comment by Meg – May 10, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very surprised by the news. I thought it was doing okay during the year. Really wished they would find another way to count viewers as the old stand by of Nielsen is old hat. Not everyone watches t.v. on their television. I’m really disappointed as I really liked this show, and I laughed consistently during every episode. It would be nice if a cable channel picked it up, but that would be too much to ask for..wouldn’t it?

Comment by Cat – May 10, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU BLOODY BASTARDS!!!!!

NBC HAS REALLY LOST ITS MIND!!

GO ON IS A FANTASTIC SHOW, HOW THEY DARE TO CANCEL IT!?!?!?

Comment by Andrea – May 10, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad move NBC

Comment by Helena – May 10, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No!!! I loved this show. NBC is bad at new comedy, and this was decent. :(

Comment by Ashley – May 10, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT?! I really did not see this coming… I thought this show deserved the chance to get a second season. Was is perfect? Not. Was it funny? Hell yeah! That’s what a comedy should be, right? Screw you, NBC. And now you’re gonna go and cancel Community as well, aren’t you? Way to go… #sad

Comment by Anna – May 10, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was a much better show than Mr Sunshine. Go On deserved a chance to go on…I don’t care at all for Parks and Recreation, or Community. In fact, this is the only show I watched on NBC. So, no NBC on my TV now.

Comment by Tom Mc – May 10, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either. Other than Law and Order, this show (and The New Normal) were the only reasons to watch the Pecock network. Let’s just face it, the days of “Must See Thursday” are gone along with the once great sitcoms that once filled its slots. Kind of a shame to see how far NBC has fallen since the days of Cheers, Friends, and Seindfeld.

Comment by J (@MusicandHouse) – May 10, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really sad to hear about this. I was really enjoying Go On, and it was certainly doing a lot better than The New Normal. On top of that, all of their new sitcoms sound boring as hell. NBC makes the worst decisions.

Comment by J (@MusicandHouse) – May 10, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like cancelling so many freshman shows that have potential, good reviews, and have a decent audience is a bad idea. It makes viewers hesitant to watch the freshman season of a show because they’re worried it’s going to get cancelled. Why get invested only to have it yanked with no conclusion? So people don’t want to tune into the second season. But if people don’t tune in until the second season, no series will make it past its first. You’re just asking viewers to never tune into a new show.

Comment by Ambee – May 10, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post