NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. sabrina says:

This is definitely a surprise cancellation. I hope ‘Hannibal’ manages to survive the bloodbath.

2. NBC SUCKS!!! says:

Nooo, this show was funny and good. They kept Whitney on the air for 2 seasons for god sakes and couldn’t give this show another. No wonder NBC is the last network. But this is the network that is firing Jay Leno even though his ratings are through the roof and lets not forget the Ann Curry debacle which cause then to become the #2 morning now after like 18 years

3. rflairfan says:

I thought they would keep it another year. Pair it with Parks and Rec and the new MJF show.

4. Ashley says:

gasped when I saw this headline! sad to see it go, was my favorite new show of the 2012-2013 TV season. was great to see Matthew Perry back on TV and it genuinely made me laugh (and even cry sometimes).

5. Aimee says:

Of all the canceled shows, this was the only one I really liked. Super talented cast and clever writing. I will miss it.

6. Daniel says:

Everyone’s ready to boycott NBC, lol. It’ll be the home of Must Flee TV!

7. Midori says:

I think this is a dumb move, and I don’t even watch NBC comedies. Should have kept the show with the big name star, this way when all the new comedies fail in the fall they have something to fall back on.

8. Betty says:

I am really disappointed. I liked the show. It was the only show on NBC that I watched. I thought it was really stupid when it got moved to Thursday for its last few episodes. I loved the cast, they were a lot of fun to watch.

9. Bridget jones says:

I am so so sad.

10. mommacats says:

This stinks. Wonder if a cable channel might pick the show up, or are the salaries too high? NBC certainly didn’t do much to support the show. Wonder why The New Normal is still hanging in there, it has so much less reason to exist.

11. James says:

i must confess i haven’t watched it, i guess theirs no reason to now. sorry to all those that enjoyed it but its NBC so a part of you should of seen it coming, the Peacock continues to sink. I feel bad for Matt Perry he hasn’t been able to bounce back from Chandler :(

12. Teag says:

Ouch. Worst cancellation yet.

13. michele says:

I actually loved Go On. I thought it was hilarious and was sure NBC would stand behind this attempt at a Matthew Perry comeback

14. Susan says:

Not so surprising – Matthew Perry is very likable but the show was not great

15. FHL says:

Man, even _Joey_ got a second season. I’m going to need a big orange ball mascot suit now. =(

16. mike c says:

Eh, more disappointed about 1600 Penn.

17. Drizz says:

Really wish TBS or another cable net would pick this up.

18. Rusty23 says:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY x@ damn it. It was a Damn good show. F*CK YOU NBS !!!!!!!!!!

19. Kurvin says:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

20. HRG says:

It’s too bad. The show had gradually gotten much better!

21. Gabriel Anthony says:

Now Perry can go back to The Good Wife! YES!!!!!!!!

22. joe says:

when will the networks realize that mathew perry CANT ACT!!!

23. Bernadett says:

Seriously? Ugh.. I was so hoping it wouldn’t get canceled. :(

24. Britta Unfiltered says:

That makes me sad. I’m shocked to see NBC axing nearly all their comedies. They must really have a lot of faith in their pilots for next year. I don’t think I’ll be watching any of them though. I can’t stand for NBC to keep breaking my heart. I’ll just stick with Parks and Rec, Louie, Girls, and Veep being the only comedies I’ll be watching next year. And maybe a couple of comedies on ABC just to pass the time. And I guess we’ll see what happens with Community.

25. dragons3 says:

What a crock! There are only 2 shows I watch on NBC these days — Chicago Fire and Go On. Go On is one of the funniest shows on Tv right now. I sincerely hope another network picks it up and runs with it. TBS, are you listening?

26. AWC says:

this is complete crap! this show was funny and i loved all the characters! so sad it got cancelled. NBC made a huge mistake

27. JaJo says:

There really is nothing I want to watch on NBC now. The Nothing But Crap network keeps on keeping on.

28. Lorie says:

This blows!

29. Kris Neumann says:

Let me guess: all the shows they’re canceling will be replaced with a new reality show. NBC doesn’t know what they’re doing, so I’m not surprised.

30. mdtindc says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NBC YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!

31. Now I need group therapy to overcome this terrible loss…

32. Toia says:

I don’t watch the show (their is a limit to how much TV you can watch while you are in college full time) but GoOn seemed to me to be a pretty dependable show. I saw add for it. It was often featured on Hulu. I know ppl who loved it. The only thing I can think is that the budget was too much for NBC’s bottom line. That’s silly though no show is a break out hit anymore not in its first season plus with all the options for watching TV ppl don’t often watch TV the traditional way. I have classmates who wait till summer or winter break watch all the TV shows they would have watched so they won’t get round to watching anything that started this year till the comming weeks.

33. Hannah says:

WHAT? NOOO!

34. Joe says:

Will miss this show so good

35. Terry Delp says:

SORRY I WONT MISS ANY OF THESE SHOWS.
    SMASH IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SHOULD STAY ON

36. Nick says:

And The new normal has lower ratings and will probably stay…

37. K. says:

First NOOOO and then WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I really liked that show…….

38. Meg says:

I really liked Go On. Can Matthew Perry move over to Parenthood and be the latest love interest for Lauren Graham?

39. Babybop says:

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!! What a blow. NBC is NEVER going to get another successful show if they keep killing ones with potential so early!

40. Boiler says:

I would hope Mathew Perry would never wany a show on NBC again. Isn’t this the third one that has been cancelled in 3 or 4 years

41. Cat says:

I’m very surprised by the news. I thought it was doing okay during the year. Really wished they would find another way to count viewers as the old stand by of Nielsen is old hat. Not everyone watches t.v. on their television. I’m really disappointed as I really liked this show, and I laughed consistently during every episode. It would be nice if a cable channel picked it up, but that would be too much to ask for..wouldn’t it?

42. Andrea says:

YOU BLOODY BASTARDS!!!!!

NBC HAS REALLY LOST ITS MIND!!

GO ON IS A FANTASTIC SHOW, HOW THEY DARE TO CANCEL IT!?!?!?

43. Helena says:

Bad move NBC

44. Ashley says:

No!!! I loved this show. NBC is bad at new comedy, and this was decent. :(

45. Anna says:

WHAT?! I really did not see this coming… I thought this show deserved the chance to get a second season. Was is perfect? Not. Was it funny? Hell yeah! That’s what a comedy should be, right? Screw you, NBC. And now you’re gonna go and cancel Community as well, aren’t you? Way to go… #sad

46. Tom Mc says:

I thought this was a much better show than Mr Sunshine. Go On deserved a chance to go on…I don’t care at all for Parks and Recreation, or Community. In fact, this is the only show I watched on NBC. So, no NBC on my TV now.

• Me either. Other than Law and Order, this show (and The New Normal) were the only reasons to watch the Pecock network. Let’s just face it, the days of “Must See Thursday” are gone along with the once great sitcoms that once filled its slots. Kind of a shame to see how far NBC has fallen since the days of Cheers, Friends, and Seindfeld.

47. I’m really sad to hear about this. I was really enjoying Go On, and it was certainly doing a lot better than The New Normal. On top of that, all of their new sitcoms sound boring as hell. NBC makes the worst decisions.

48. Ambee says:

I feel like cancelling so many freshman shows that have potential, good reviews, and have a decent audience is a bad idea. It makes viewers hesitant to watch the freshman season of a show because they’re worried it’s going to get cancelled. Why get invested only to have it yanked with no conclusion? So people don’t want to tune into the second season. But if people don’t tune in until the second season, no series will make it past its first. You’re just asking viewers to never tune into a new show.