NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. I really like that show! I can’t believe it. I guess Parks & Rec is the only NBC comedy I’ll be watching in the fall, since The Office is gone. :(

2. jen says:

Unfortunate. I really enjoyed this show and its quirky characters.

3. Meredith says:

WHAT?! This was one of the best comedies they had! The Office is over, 30 Rock is over and they just canceled a million other comedies, what do they have left? NBC is becoming my least favorite network. At this rate I won’t have anything left to watch on them. Seriously disappointed.

4. paula says:

BOOO! I love that show! That knocks the number of NBC shows I watch down to one and a half. (The Voice and I watch Fashion Star when I remember it’s on)

5. Nooooooooooooo ! :(
    Dammit! I really loved this show!

6. Dave Stone says:

After this Community needs ended aswell, there is no justification for Community surviving and Go On not.

7. HeatherSG says:

Christ. NBC, you’re the worst.

8. Jennifer says:

Ridiculous!!!

9. tkangaroo says:

10. Jenny says:

I’m really sad about this. This was one of the best new shows on NBC.

11. CeCe says:

SERIOUSLY????!?!?!? NBC YOU ARE RUN BY MORONS!!!!

12. Drizz says:

DAMMIT!!! NBC you suck. Gonna be very wary about bothering with your new shows.

13. Sara says:

Just saw that COMMUNITY is now a safe bet

14. LE says:

WTF NBC?? I hope they don’t renew The New Normal… it’s a terrible show. Go On was pretty good :(. Can’t believe they cancel it. F.U. NBC

15. Eileen says:

“1600 Penn, Whitney and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney.”

Whitney, the show so bad it had to be canceled twice.

• MelindaB says:

Ha! Great minds think alike! :-)

The second cancellation was to make up for not cancelling last year when they should have.

16. Estee Thomas says:

i loved this show! it was a perfect fir for perry & made me smile! dman you nbc!

17. DavidSask says:

I am not a fan of MP but somehow unless this was expensive to produce this doesn’t seem right? I highly doubt the new crop of comedies they are considering are much better.

18. Lana says:

Eff you NBC…that is all

19. Nicole says:

I’m surprised it got canceled. I hope Smash gets canceled cause it is on Saturday ad gets lower ratings than Go on did.

20. ggny says:

I barely ever watched the show because i didnt have the time. But from what i saw i think this would be the perfect show for TBS to put on after Cougar Town. Now i know that will never happen but they seem like they would be great together

21. Mike says:

I’m devastated, I really liked this show, if New Normal is renewed instead of this because of Ryan Murphy I’ll be pisses since Go on was the superior show.

22. scifisiren says:

Wow. By far my favorite comedy of the season. A funny, heart-felt look at some tough stuff. And REALLY funny. So sad.

• Erin says:

This was one of the only comedies that I actually laughed out loud at each week. I don’t know what the hell NBC is thinking.

23. MelindaB says:

“It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Whitney and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney.”

So they canceled Whitney twice? :P

I watched a few episodes of Go On, but I had too much going on and something had to give. Too bad for the show’s cast, crew, and fans.

24. abbyjo says:

aw, that makes me sad. i really, really enjoyed this quirky bunch… i’ll miss this show. boo hiss, NBC. :(

25. Jo says:

NBC is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The New Normal is going to picked up for sure over this………………………..Loved Go On!!

26. JWB says:

I enjoyed the show when it started. The show went completely downhill after that long break. It never recovered creativity or ratings wise.

27. Mike says:

Why hasn’t Smash and TNN been cancelled yet?

28. Mary S. says:

I am not happy with NBC right now! I love this show and think it deserved more time on the air. It had the funniest first episode ever!

29. Jennifer says:

NO!!!!!!! I am so upset because I really enjoyed this show and seeing Matthew Perry every week. NBC sucks! They cancel a show that was doing decent.

30. I loved this show. I’m sad to see it go.

31. Wow, I Don’t See That Coming, Really :/

32. msstargate says:

I loved this show!!!! I wish someone else could pick it up.

33. Steve F. says:

Wow. Didn’t expect this one… does this mean Community’s odds for renewal have improved?

34. Polly says:

i hope this means Community is renewed

35. Scott says:

This is is a hardcore bummer but lets look at the positives…More room for Community.

36. Drewer says:

If they canceled this, they should really just keep PandR and gut the rest of there comedies. If they keep Comunity and The New Normal after this I’m going to be flabbergasted and anoyed.

37. Alicia says:

Wow, like many of you I am surprised by this. This was a funny & heartwarming comedy at the same time. Love Matthew Perry. NBC messed this one up.

38. Noooooooo! so so sad.

39. Jared says:

Matthew Perry just isn’t this huge draw that networks think he is. Every show he’s headlined has flopped.

40. Jess says:

That’s sad. I really loved this show and thought it was a smart comedy.

41. Alex says:

Can’t believe this happened! This was therapy! NBC, I hope your new comedies fail. If you can Community too, I’m removing NBC from my channels.

42. bellnl says:

Can they please just cancel Smash already so that they’ll kill the little bit of hope left?

This move by NBC to cancel basically all of their comedies (fingers crossed, Community!) reminds me of the episode of 30 Rock where Jack starts creating bad programming to drown NBC and Liz says “oh so you’ve been doing this for 7 years?” Something to that effect. Anyway, as a person who doesn’t care to watch the reality competition programs (especially the singing), what is NBC going to do next? Cancel everything and start from scratch? Oh wait, they’re basically already doing that. At the beginning of this season, I watched eight NBC shows. There’s only one, maybe two (here’s looking at you Community!) left.
    I think I’m going to make a rule that I won’t start watching any NBC shows until they make it past the first season. Because what’s the point? They’re just going to cancel them because their ratings aren’t as good as CBS.

43. I really thought that they were going to keep the show! I thought it would get at least another season. I can honestly say there hasn’t been a single episode that I didn’t enjoy, I’m so upset. I’ve been recommending it to all my friends who are looking for something new to watch. Bad decision NBC.

44. rush86 says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    seriously i love Community but this show deserved a new season. been an avid fan of community since day one, but i think its time to just say goodbye to it. go on deserved another season!!!

45. Theresa says:

I’m cautiously optimistic for Smash. NBC only has like 6 shows left and lots of airtime.

46. rmr says:

..and Friends jinx continues.

47. Tom Charles says:

awwwwwwwww I was hoping this would make it

48. zengarden says:

Whaaaaat.
    This one was good, and I thought it was doing okay? Maybe not? Either way, I’m sad to see it go. It was one of the good ones NBC had this year.

• Erin says:

when the season started, NBC had it on right after the Voice, so it got off to a really strong start. I think it was regularly beating New Girl for a while. But as soon as the Voice ended, so did Go On’s good ratings.

49. TaMara says:

Surprised and unhappy about this. I didn’t want to like this show, but wow it really grew as the season went on. NBC is doing that well it can dump a show that was growing? Idiots.

50. Sarah says:

This is a bunch of Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show!!!!!!! They’ve cancled almost all of the shows I ever watch on that channel, I guess they just don’t want business anymore. So guess what NBC I’m done with your channel!