NBC Cancels Matthew Perry's Go On

Get More: Cancellations

Go On Cancelled The Peacock bloodbath continues…

NBC has cancelled Matthew Perry’s rookie comedy Go On, TVLine has confirmed.

Go On‘s death brings to five the number of shows the network has euthanized in the past 24 hours (a number that is expected to rise). It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney. Even the news division isn’t safe — NBC has also axed Brian Williams’ Rock Center.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: See Photos of NBC’s New Fall Series!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

Tags: ,

Comments (361)

• I really like that show! I can’t believe it. I guess Parks & Rec is the only NBC comedy I’ll be watching in the fall, since The Office is gone. :(

Comment by Colleen Murrell Tucker – May 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunate. I really enjoyed this show and its quirky characters.

Comment by jen – May 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT?! This was one of the best comedies they had! The Office is over, 30 Rock is over and they just canceled a million other comedies, what do they have left? NBC is becoming my least favorite network. At this rate I won’t have anything left to watch on them. Seriously disappointed.

Comment by Meredith – May 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOO! I love that show! That knocks the number of NBC shows I watch down to one and a half. (The Voice and I watch Fashion Star when I remember it’s on)

Comment by paula – May 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooo ! :(
    Dammit! I really loved this show!

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – May 10, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After this Community needs ended aswell, there is no justification for Community surviving and Go On not.

Comment by Dave Stone – May 10, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. i dont know what they’re thinking. that parks & rec needs a buddy?? w/e.

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 10, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christ. NBC, you’re the worst.

Comment by HeatherSG – May 10, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ridiculous!!!

Comment by Jennifer – May 10, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by tkangaroo – May 10, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really sad about this. This was one of the best new shows on NBC.

Comment by Jenny – May 10, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY????!?!?!? NBC YOU ARE RUN BY MORONS!!!!

Comment by CeCe – May 10, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMMIT!!! NBC you suck. Gonna be very wary about bothering with your new shows.

Comment by Drizz – May 10, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saw that COMMUNITY is now a safe bet

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF NBC?? I hope they don’t renew The New Normal… it’s a terrible show. Go On was pretty good :(. Can’t believe they cancel it. F.U. NBC

Comment by LE – May 10, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “1600 Penn, Whitney and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney.”

Whitney, the show so bad it had to be canceled twice.

Comment by Eileen – May 10, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! Great minds think alike! :-)

The second cancellation was to make up for not cancelling last year when they should have.

Comment by MelindaB – May 10, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved this show! it was a perfect fir for perry & made me smile! dman you nbc!

Comment by Estee Thomas – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not a fan of MP but somehow unless this was expensive to produce this doesn’t seem right? I highly doubt the new crop of comedies they are considering are much better.

Comment by DavidSask – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eff you NBC…that is all

Comment by Lana – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised it got canceled. I hope Smash gets canceled cause it is on Saturday ad gets lower ratings than Go on did.

Comment by Nicole – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I barely ever watched the show because i didnt have the time. But from what i saw i think this would be the perfect show for TBS to put on after Cougar Town. Now i know that will never happen but they seem like they would be great together

Comment by ggny – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s what I thought, they’d be great together

Comment by Meghan – May 10, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m devastated, I really liked this show, if New Normal is renewed instead of this because of Ryan Murphy I’ll be pisses since Go on was the superior show.

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. By far my favorite comedy of the season. A funny, heart-felt look at some tough stuff. And REALLY funny. So sad.

Comment by scifisiren – May 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was one of the only comedies that I actually laughed out loud at each week. I don’t know what the hell NBC is thinking.

Comment by Erin – May 10, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “It joins fellow freshman series 1600 Penn, Whitney and Deception, as well as Up All Night and Whitney.”

So they canceled Whitney twice? :P

I watched a few episodes of Go On, but I had too much going on and something had to give. Too bad for the show’s cast, crew, and fans.

Comment by MelindaB – May 10, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aw, that makes me sad. i really, really enjoyed this quirky bunch… i’ll miss this show. boo hiss, NBC. :(

Comment by abbyjo – May 10, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The New Normal is going to picked up for sure over this………………………..Loved Go On!!

Comment by Jo – May 10, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed the show when it started. The show went completely downhill after that long break. It never recovered creativity or ratings wise.

Comment by JWB – May 10, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why hasn’t Smash and TNN been cancelled yet?

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not happy with NBC right now! I love this show and think it deserved more time on the air. It had the funniest first episode ever!

Comment by Mary S. – May 10, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO!!!!!!! I am so upset because I really enjoyed this show and seeing Matthew Perry every week. NBC sucks! They cancel a show that was doing decent.

Comment by Jennifer – May 10, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show. I’m sad to see it go.

Comment by Sara Heller (@alfabettezoupe) – May 10, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I Don’t See That Coming, Really :/

Comment by Augusto Angulo – May 10, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show!!!! I wish someone else could pick it up.

Comment by msstargate – May 10, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Didn’t expect this one… does this mean Community’s odds for renewal have improved?

Comment by Steve F. – May 10, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope this means Community is renewed

Comment by Polly – May 10, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is is a hardcore bummer but lets look at the positives…More room for Community.

Comment by Scott – May 10, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they canceled this, they should really just keep PandR and gut the rest of there comedies. If they keep Comunity and The New Normal after this I’m going to be flabbergasted and anoyed.

Comment by Drewer – May 10, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, like many of you I am surprised by this. This was a funny & heartwarming comedy at the same time. Love Matthew Perry. NBC messed this one up.

Comment by Alicia – May 10, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooo! so so sad.

Comment by lifesanarsehole – May 10, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matthew Perry just isn’t this huge draw that networks think he is. Every show he’s headlined has flopped.

Comment by Jared – May 10, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s sad. I really loved this show and thought it was a smart comedy.

Comment by Jess – May 10, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe this happened! This was therapy! NBC, I hope your new comedies fail. If you can Community too, I’m removing NBC from my channels.

Comment by Alex – May 10, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they please just cancel Smash already so that they’ll kill the little bit of hope left?

This move by NBC to cancel basically all of their comedies (fingers crossed, Community!) reminds me of the episode of 30 Rock where Jack starts creating bad programming to drown NBC and Liz says “oh so you’ve been doing this for 7 years?” Something to that effect. Anyway, as a person who doesn’t care to watch the reality competition programs (especially the singing), what is NBC going to do next? Cancel everything and start from scratch? Oh wait, they’re basically already doing that. At the beginning of this season, I watched eight NBC shows. There’s only one, maybe two (here’s looking at you Community!) left.
    I think I’m going to make a rule that I won’t start watching any NBC shows until they make it past the first season. Because what’s the point? They’re just going to cancel them because their ratings aren’t as good as CBS.

Comment by bellnl – May 10, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really thought that they were going to keep the show! I thought it would get at least another season. I can honestly say there hasn’t been a single episode that I didn’t enjoy, I’m so upset. I’ve been recommending it to all my friends who are looking for something new to watch. Bad decision NBC.

Comment by Laura Chandler – May 10, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    seriously i love Community but this show deserved a new season. been an avid fan of community since day one, but i think its time to just say goodbye to it. go on deserved another season!!!

Comment by rush86 – May 10, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m cautiously optimistic for Smash. NBC only has like 6 shows left and lots of airtime.

Comment by Theresa – May 10, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ..and Friends jinx continues.

Comment by rmr – May 10, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awwwwwwwww I was hoping this would make it

Comment by Tom Charles – May 10, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whaaaaat.
    This one was good, and I thought it was doing okay? Maybe not? Either way, I’m sad to see it go. It was one of the good ones NBC had this year.

Comment by zengarden – May 10, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when the season started, NBC had it on right after the Voice, so it got off to a really strong start. I think it was regularly beating New Girl for a while. But as soon as the Voice ended, so did Go On’s good ratings.

Comment by Erin – May 10, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised and unhappy about this. I didn’t want to like this show, but wow it really grew as the season went on. NBC is doing that well it can dump a show that was growing? Idiots.

Comment by TaMara – May 10, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a bunch of Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show!!!!!!! They’ve cancled almost all of the shows I ever watch on that channel, I guess they just don’t want business anymore. So guess what NBC I’m done with your channel!

Comment by Sarah – May 10, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post