TNT Pulls the Plug on Monday Mornings

Get More: Cancellations, News

MONDAY MORNINGSSpeaking of Morbidity & Mortality… TNT has opted not to renew the hospital drama Monday Mornings for a second season — news that comes on the heels of the cabler’s longer-running Southland getting the hook.

Jennifer Finnigan, who played Monday Mornings doc Tina Ridgeway, was among those who shared the bad news on Friday afternoon, via Twitter:

TNT released a statement about this decision, saying:

We are extremely grateful to executive producers David E. Kelly, Bill D’Elia and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on whose novel the series was based. They crafted a unique and powerfully moving drama full of memorable situations and characters brought to life by a terrific ensemble cast. Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation

VIDEO | Franklin & Bash Season 3 Promo: The Guys Shun Shirts, Irk Heather Locklear, Drop Fish

Earlier this spring, TNT renewed Dallas for Season 2 as well as greenlit the new dramas Legends (starring Sean Bean) and The Last Ship (with Eric Dane and Adam Baldwin), both of which will bow in 2014.

TNT’s Falling Skies, Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash all premiere new seasons this summer, while King & Maxwell debuts June 10.

Comments (196)

• Not entirely a shock, it’s ratings were not good, it’s too bad though since it was a good show.

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will miss this show a lot….it gave me a reason to enjoy Mondays.

Comment by Mackenzie – May 11, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A lot of us feel the same way. I’m wondering what ,if anything, we really can do to persuade TNT to renew? Any suggestions other than our comments here? Are the coment sent on??

Comment by Roslyn H Loveland – July 28, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Omg…I loved TNT on Mondays. Dallas then Monday mornings. I lived for Monday night. The show was wonderful. I laughed cried and enjoyed TV. I’m so disappointed… I can’t stop watching TNT because I’m addicted to Dallas….boo tnt

Comment by carol bostic – August 16, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it is official. i am done wth TNT network. i know it sounds like im a nut and extreme. i have never really stood up for much. I am so tired of not watching a show for two years because im afraid of it being canceled. i know it is not much be we get hooked on these shows and the execs don’t care about us. People who believe the ratings were the only reason? no. cheers was dead last in its opener and was not doing as well as Monday Mornings at the end of its first year. This show had teeth. It had an ER affect and i think would have done really well if given a chance past 11 episodes? it is a disgrace. at least go through to 20 episodes and promote the show in the right area’s. I cant believe no other network picked this up or tnt didn’t allow them to take it. remember the show “the clearner”? the execs said it gave the wrong impression so they yanked it. the numbers were doing great and were first in its time slot. Based on a true story and being true are different. the network (tnt) were calling us stupid for no knowing the diference. I loved this show. i went against my nature and watched every episode. this gave such a different perspective and insight, and it was fun, funny, serious and all the makings of another ER only different. They have done this four times. There was a show about Medics or first responders and they just yanked that to. and there was another one i cant think of. Dallas is by far as bad as tv gets. TNT keeps that and only gives talented young actors 11 episodes? There is enough tv on regular stations, an cable. I don’t need TNT. The only way to hurt these stations is to quit them. or for example: American Horror Story is on FX. The cable company was going to drop FX. So many people called in to cancel their subscription, they kept FX and American Horror Story is number one in its time slot. That show did not start off well either. You cant know anything in 11 episodes. So im only one person i guess. They had a facebook page. People did not call in and complain. So the show is gone. Some times i think even though is not world events? It is still important to some of us and its to bad nobody did anything. I would say call them still and tell them your done with them. They only care about the dollar. Show them they are not getting yours. Another great show with potential gone with no care about the fans. 11 episodes and gone. But hey? They Got Dallas!!!!!

Comment by michael cifelli – May 25, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!! TNT DOES THIS ALL THE TIME, I AM SICK OF IT!

Comment by JEAN NELSON – May 25, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You sure have it right. I wouldn’t watch Dallas, even if someone paid me! But, I did watch, and enjoyed Monday Mornings, I can’t believe it is gone!!!! And now, I will have to watch some network “reality” show on TV!!

Comment by Juls Smith – May 28, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. One of the best shows ever and extremely disappointed that it was cancelled.

Comment by Sandy – June 11, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was by far my all time favorite show. I just don’t get it!!!!! It makes no sense… Bring it back TNT!!!

Comment by Sandra comerford – June 12, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The best show, informative & entertaining. Please someone bring it back!!!

Comment by Belinda – August 1, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really cannot understand that a show like Monday Mornings was cancelled while reality shows that continue to “offend” our sensibilities are still airing, i.e., Kardashians. Is the average American viewer getting dumber?

Comment by Mike Ereneta – June 13, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This was a very unique, non-pedestrian show, there are some people out there that want this type of viewing. I am not easily entertained and can never find a show that is right for me. This one was!!!

I am sure there are others like me that don’t have the “typical” taste in shows.

Why not let it run another season, canceling so soon did not give it a chance to catch on.

Terrible loss.

Excellent dialogue, acting, story lines, humor………..excellent show!!!

Comment by Sarah Johnson – November 21, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I want to add to all the disappointed comments. We are currently enjoying this series in the UK, so only just learned it is cancelled for any more. Huge shame.

Comment by Nigel – December 2, 2013 02:29 PM PDT
      • Well sais by all above. It’s just business, the craft takes a back seat. Imagine if these same network executives were in charge of ‘Your show of shows, or Jack Benny or Twilight Zone’ to name a few. Monday Mornings was too morbid? What about the evening news?

Comment by Randy Shipper – June 17, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. All I can say is “Really?” I was so looking forward to seeing the show return after the NBA Play-offs and then to see that the show was cancelled. Sometimes, one would have to see something shine-like a diamond in the rough! I loved the acting and the story line. It was something to look forward to on Monday “evenings.” WOW, as usual…money talks, good acting in a show walks. Come Back Ving……….

Comment by Debbie B. – June 19, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s time to relegate TNT to the network that provides great reruns of great dramas. They blew it on this one and I, too am done with TNT for original content.

Comment by Penny Oaks – June 21, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right! Monday Mornings was the best drama aired in a long time. It far surpasses Grey’s Anatomy in that it is more realistic and not a soap opera.
        There is nothing worth watching now on TNT.
        The networks keep removing quality shows, but keep the pure garbage ie: Dallas, reality shows and stupid sitcoms.
        What a shame that TNT removed such a winner… and kept the losers!

Comment by Robin – July 1, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was the WORST DECISION EVER!!! The show really was not promoted. I found it by accident and everyone I told about it watched it religiously and LOVED IT!! How sad that it is not being renewed. Perhaps the title did not make it clear that it was a medical drama which most people LOVE!! Just look at the popularity of Gray’s Anatomy!! TNT has some good programs but several losers. Monday Mornings was a definite winner. Please reconsider and renew this WONDERFUL series.

Comment by Roslyn h Loveland – July 21, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wholeheartedly agree that this was perhaps the best medical show on TV. Very well written and based on true accounts.,me and my wife loved it…Why do great shows get the axe early without a chance for them to grow legs, with little help from the network to promote them..I am very dissappointed with TNT

Comment by John bronicki – August 4, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m Late to this post but extremely taken back by this. I was searching to see when the new season was going to air and now I’m finding out it has been canceled?? What a shame such an intriguing and educational show. I enjoyed the heart and soul played by each cast member.

Comment by Cookie Thompson – August 13, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. TNT finally gives us a show worth watching and the idiots pull the plug. It was the only reason I kept cable. Good job guys! I have since cut that cord.

Comment by Penny Oaks – August 14, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Today I was searching the special TV Guide for the coming season for Monday Mornings and I ended up searching Google. I was very disappointed to learn it was cancelled. I came across the show quite by accident and loved it. That was the only show I watched on TNT, so guess they lost another viewer,

Comment by Cathy Cleeves Wotring – September 18, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Cathy, unfortunately TNT couldn’t care less what yo or anyone else cares about..I now avoid TNT at all costs but you know what, they don’t care about that either.

Comment by John Dee – September 18, 2013 03:44 PM PDT
      • Abso-damned-lutely!!! You hit the nail on the head there for sure!!! I’m so sick of them pulling good shows and keeping crap! I didn’t like the Original Dallas, I’m sure as heck not wasting my time on this new one!!! Jeez!!! I’ve always said ‘IDIOTS’ must be the ones who decide to keep a show or not!! I’m afraid I didn’t do my part to beg for them to keep the show or complain because they didn’t! I just assumed it would be back for another season (BEING THAT IT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS SHOW) But when I went looking to see WHEN it would be back was when I found out it WON’T be back! And I am very very upset about that!!! Now, which is way to late to actually do anything about it! Not that I could anyway! I have absolutely no control over the IDIOTS that make these stupid decisions!!!

Comment by Nancy Williams – August 18, 2013 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. TNT is clueless how to run shows. Monday mornings was the best show on TV bar none. Perhaps it needed a better name. Monday morning sounded like a morning show instead of a hospital drama. it was nice to see Doctors getting grilled for their mistakes. Loved the ER docs. A better named would have Mispoken DR.

Comment by gravy – April 4, 2014 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I NO LONGER WATCH TNT AND NEITHER DO A LOT OF MY FRIENDS SINCE THEY TOOK OF “MONDAY MORNINGS”!  THAT STATION DID NOT GIVE THAT PROGRAM A CHANCE AND THERE WAS NO PROMOTION FOR THIS PROGRAM EITHER!!   AGAIN WE ALL FELT THIS WAS ONE OF THE BETTER PROGRAMS ON TV, AND YET THEY LEAVE GARBAGE  LIKE “DALLAS” ON..

Comment by Jean Nelson – April 4, 2014 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Those were my feeling as well. Now what can we do to get another station to start it back up again with the proper advertising for it???????

Comment by Jude Burke – April 4, 2014 04:45 PM PDT
          • I WISH KNEW JUDE, BUT THIS ISTHE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER REPLIED TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, BUT I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS. TOO MUCH JUNK ON TV AND I PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THE “PRIVILEGE” TO WATCH THIS JUNK.. SO I AM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS AND WILL HELP IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE..

Comment by JEAN NELSON – April 4, 2014 05:28 PM PDT
    • Whenever the show is well done, it is cancelled. It is replaced with stupid! Viewers are compelled to buy cable. Thank God we are also the people who work and can afford books. Continue to dummy down our society. That’s pretty much what we all deserve for tolerating stupid.

Comment by glo – June 5, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am rewatching Monday Mornings on my Vcr tapes….What a brilliant written show…Anthing w/David E Kelleys name attached means excellence so BooKudos tto TNT for their Faux Pas in canceling this awesome show. I love great drama that delves into personal lives w/storyline as you make these characters part of your personal family hence why it hurts when canceled. I watch one reality show…DWTS….You can keep the rest….I suppose I should get used to losing intelligent sometimes outside the box shows by now…but I realize fans do not count…and I am not in the 18-49 demographic..I am 65 and buy products from advertsers too.

Comment by Ina Molinari – June 7, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All the more reason it should have been picked up by a major network. Let the dumbed down crowd stick w/TNT & all their reality shows & police/crime shows.

Comment by pz – August 8, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is it that most of the good series that don’t have body count, disrespecting children or are just plain dumb are discontinued. I liked this serious. I’m disappointed it will not continue.

Comment by Frances – June 7, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We are very disappointed that Monday Mornings was canceled. We loved the show. Looked forward to watching it every Monday.

Comment by V & G – July 19, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I too am disappointed about it’s cancellation. We need some smart shows on TV for those of us who absolutely hate reality shows. Really sorry to see this one go.

Comment by jean – July 28, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TNT didn’t account Chinese audiences… There are millions fans in China. The average score is 9.74.. Sad

Comment by Wenny – August 19, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ratings were not good because it was NEVER advertised – nobody knew about it, except the few who stumbled on it, and the people they told about it. It is obvious here and on other sites as well, that all who did see it, LOVED it!!!! BIG mistake to cancel it before giving it a fair chance!

Comment by Vicki – September 1, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too bad that a good show like this was cancelled! It was head and shoulders above most of the series that are now airing such as Franklin & Bash. It was nice to have something other than crime drama. The acting was first-rate and the stories were creative. Now we must live with Castle and CSI re-runs.

Comment by Bab – September 2, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad, this was the best new show this year

Comment by Martina – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! This is so sad! Two of the best shows on tv! Well, back to going to sleep at 9:30pm.

Comment by Rosa S. Washington – May 12, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agreed with you. I really enjoyed the show and I thought the format was fantastic. I wish that the network would reconsider this decision. If not, I wish another network would pick up. A lot of talented actors and actress were in this series.

Comment by dewal – May 12, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OH NO our family loved this show. The best new show cancelled? Who makes the call? Ratings? this was the best medical show ever. Super cast and super story. To cancel does not make any sense.

Comment by nc2012 – May 22, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Jennifer Finnigan, but based on the ratings, this cancellation made perfect sense.

Comment by George – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can you base your idea of it being a good idea by just ratings. Watch it then come up with a critique. The show was amazing. By your methodology, this show had a terrible story but honey boo boo is the best show on television and should never be pulled of the air.

Comment by Brent – May 14, 2013 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Expected but still disappointing. Really was a really good show.

Comment by jasie – May 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And then there are shows like grey’s who haven’t made sense for a long time but are still out there.
    Meh.

Comment by Mari – May 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Grey’s Anatomy is awful and should have been cancelled after it’s first season but it became the darling of young single women.

Comment by Sam – May 11, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a surprise knowing the ratings, but my wife and I enjoyed it. Thanks to the cast for 13 great hours of TV.

Comment by Drizz – May 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. We loved it.

Comment by Alienate – May 10, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If the ratings dictated this action–then they don’t make sense. Monday Morning was one of the best series on TV. I was riveted to each show, and will truly miss it

Comment by mike – May 26, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s so sad. Monday Mornings got better as it went along. If people hasn’t tuned out after the first couple episodes (which weren’t that great), it might’ve got a renewal. I thought cable networks were supposed to be more patient with programs than the big networks? Guess not.

Comment by Jon – May 10, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation” – something TNT are at least partially culpable for. If either Monday Mornings or Southland had gotten as strong a marketing push as Dallas (which lo and behold, didn’t need it), they might have stood a chance.

Comment by Liza – May 10, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did not see any promotions for Monday Morning and didn’t see it until the last 3 or 4 episodes. Once I found it, I couldn’t wait for the next program. I think the big problem was that it wasn’t a “reality Show” with lots of screaming and hollering in the background, and a lot of shallow inept people trying toget their big break by being obnoxious. I think Monday Mornings could have gotten at least another try — and with a little promotion. CJ

Comment by C J Gorin – August 10, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think there’s a typo; do you mean earlier this spring, TNT renewed Dallas for a Season 3?

Comment by Hmm. – May 10, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really too bad. My wife and I enjoyed this show. It’s seems the almighty dollar won this round.

Comment by John – May 10, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does david e kelly have anything else in the works for next yr?

Comment by tess – May 10, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He sure does. A half hour comedy that just Thor picked up by CBS called Crazy Ones with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Comment by jasie – May 10, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After that irresponsible finale plot, I won’t miss it. I mildly enjoyed the ones before the finale.

Comment by Annie – May 10, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • renewed Dallas for season 3*

Comment by Taelor GitMunny Rye – May 10, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad they ditched Leverage for this.

Comment by Marceline (@MsMarceline) – May 10, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you. Hoping they get some good sense and bring back leverage!

Comment by Lolah – May 15, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Morning never found an audience. The cancellation makes perfect sense to me.

Comment by Jared – May 10, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, in better news, it looks like I can read more books next TV season.

Comment by Meghan – May 10, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised. It was not very good. Very low energy, bland, boring. Too bad for the cast though. Jennifer and Alfred Molina are the only reason I gave it a try before I gave up half way through the season.

Comment by Babygate – May 10, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Low energy? It was the most intense start-to-finish show on TV. The fact It got consistent ratings — though low — showed it kept its audience. It never got an initial ratings due to TNT’s lack of promotion.

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Consistent does not mean successful. There was a lot of movement and action but the characters were a bore and low energy with the appeal of drying paint. And the show was promoted for months. I had been looking forward to it for a long time and ten minutes into the pilot I knew it was headed for trouble.

Comment by Babygate – May 10, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Seriously? Totally disagree. Bland, boring and low energy! Which shows do you prefer. just curious….

Comment by Lydia – September 30, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( im sad. I really enjoyed that show. Especially having Apollo back on TV, and the asian doctor was awesome and hilarious and the Chief was awesome :( i loved the cases, they seemed to be pulled from real life cases more so than other shows.

Comment by M3rc Nate – May 10, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ‘Don’t do dead’ and ‘If do, dead’ where the catchphrases of the tv season for me.
      Dr. Sung Park was the highlight of the show for me and he will be missed.

Comment by T – May 10, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!! Dr. Sung Park was the best new character of the season. The character was regal in his bearing, honest, noble, professional, broadly educated … and took himself way too seriously. Every other statement out of his mouth was hilarious.

“If no room, brain squish out hole” Is that what happened to your executives, TNT?

Comment by echo14612 – May 12, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Couldn’t agree more. I am so sad that Monday Mornings has been cancelled. My younger daughter and I loved Dr. Park and his “speak”. Know it is too late to reconsider the cancellation but just wanted to register my terrific disappointment at the decision.

Comment by Tracey Lea – February 9, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with this entire post – my feelings exactly. We loved this show. so disappointed.

Comment by cheryl – May 11, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It never found an audience because the audience couldn’t find it. I’m a frequent TV watcher and TNT watcher and it was barely advertised. Kelley and Gupta would be smart to take this to another network who will market it. Not sure why TNT decided to not promote something which was the best new show in at least a decade.

Comment by Mike – May 10, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely! Other networks should really look at picking up Monday Mornings. I believe the ratings were lower for 2 reasons. First, (agreeing with Mike), TNT did a poor job of promoting the show. Second, Larry Hagman’s death made big news and everyone wanted to know “Who Shot JR (again)”.

Comment by Frank – May 11, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with this comment — the audience couldn’t find it. I only got to watch two or three episodes of Monday Mornings and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the entire cast was great. I love Jennifer Finnigan and Alfred Molina. It just wasn’t given half a chance. Please another network see the value in this show and pick it up. Comment by Joan – June 6, 2013

Comment by Joan Sullivan – June 6, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nooooooooo I’m seriously not watching any more tnt shows until they’re at least at season 2 from now on.

Comment by bobbie – May 10, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now…can we get back Leverage ?

Comment by mac – May 10, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes PLEASE!!!!!!

Comment by Lolah – May 15, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about it!?!?! Bring back Leverage & Monday Mornings!!! TNT needs to get in touch with the fans and not do so much decision-making based on ratings alone. There have been several series that didn’t really catch on until Season 2. Give it a chance TNT!!!

Comment by B – September 13, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fat loss

Comment by iamkessuki23tw – May 10, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still mad TNT canceled Leverage. The only show I will watch on TNT will be the Closer

Comment by Ethel – May 10, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still mad about Leverage! I have to admit I wanted to boycott TNT, but the kids enjoy Major Crimes

Comment by Lolah – May 15, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad. I really liked the show.

Comment by Greg – May 10, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do any of these networks bother to put quality series on the air? Too many finely crafted dramas can’t get renewed while there is always another idiot reality show ready to go. Shame on TNT for even showing us Monday Mornings. Would have rather never seen it so I would not feel this bad about it hoing awat.

Comment by Kevin McDermott – May 10, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wasn’t that there was no publicity, it was that the publicity did not accurately reflect the show. The publicity made it look bland and depressing. The actual show was upbeat and engaging, with characters the viewer could really get into. The fault for this cancellation was in the botched publicity campaign. If it were not for the fact that I give every new drama on tv at least 15 minutes of my time, I would never have watched it.

Comment by MaryAnn – May 10, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I/We (my daughter I and I) LOVED LOVED IT!!! It was refreshing..we have always LOVED Greys…but it was so different!! I’m sad about this:( It sucks..cause you DON’T want the show to get cancelled…but it’s so frustrating…you wanna wait till there are at least 2 Seasons sometimes..because you get into the show..but if you Don’t watch the 1st..its cancelled for sure!!! :(

Comment by Tammy – May 10, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Catherine – May 10, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad but expected, given the ratings. This was a powerful series with great storylines and a wonderful, talented cast.

Comment by arial2 – May 10, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show but no marketing! Who knew it was on cable? PLEASE bring it back in off season!

Comment by Kathy Padgett – May 10, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT people are idiots! They didn’t even give the show a chance to “gain an audience.” Not sure who’s polls they are listening to but there is no question in my mind that they are the wrong ones.

Comment by LREENE – May 10, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it wasn’t for Dallas, I would never watch TNT again. I still haven’t gotten over them cancelling Hawthorne and Dark Blue, now Monday Mornings. Ugh, I’m so upset!

Comment by Neicey – May 11, 2013 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t put into words how ticked off I am at TNT for cancelling Monday Mornings. It was the best medical drama on tv!! TNT, please rethink it and give it a 2nd season!! Try a different time slot, do something!! You are making a HUGE mistake by stopping this show. It has a lot of fans, be smart for once!! Don’t be stupid like most of the other networks…

Comment by Beverly – May 11, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Central Florida Pete: Wow, TNT never gave it a chance to build up a fan base which is ‘still’ building. The “on demand” ratings for past shows will be over the top. Please, please take this show to another network. It is the best on TV — except that is for live sports! TNT bad do dead!!!

Comment by Peter – May 11, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I looked forward to each new episode. We’re very disappointed to hear this show was cancelled.

Comment by Jean – May 11, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not really all that surprised. If TNT would cancel Men of a Certain Age, one of the best series ever to appear on the network, this show certainly wasn’t going to get a second season. Aside from Alfred Molina’s rather loathsome character this wasn’t too bad of a show. The ratings, unfortunately, were never there.

Comment by Sam – May 11, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best medical shows ever in my opinion.
    The weekly ethical questions really made me think long after the each episode ended.
    Sorry the ratings weren’t there to keep it going.

Comment by dvikib – May 11, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Mornings was my incentive to get out of bed and go to work on Monday mornings. I am a nurse and I absolutely loved the show and all the characters. Please reconsider and bring back Monday Mornings! Don’t make it ‘Dead’!

Comment by Barb Orris – May 12, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely loved this show… I am a nurse also and our hospital had these Monday Mornings. My husband and I looked forward to this show… please reconsider.

Comment by Kay – June 5, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Mornings was the best new show on TV–every week I looked forward to watching it and learned from it as well as being entertained by it. How could you cancel this show after marketing it poorly and then leave other lamebrain shows like “Dallas” on? Please reconsider!

Comment by Terri Wilson – May 13, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only weekly series that I just couldn’t Miss! Sadly, A big fan

Comment by Louise – May 13, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD CANCEL MONDAY MORNINGS, BEST NEW SHOW OF THE SEASON.. EVERYTIME A REALLY GOOD PROGRAM COMES ON IT GETS AXED..I AM DONE WITH TNT, THEY AX EVERY PROGRAM I GET INTERESTED IN!!

Comment by JEAN NELSON – May 13, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Monday Mornings. Great show and task. I hope another network picks this up for another season. It needs to be shown on one of the major networks so people can see for themselves how wonderful it is.

Comment by Linda cotta – May 15, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was AWSOME!! Fave line “sex good. Good for you, good for her. Help you pee. Go now”. Why do all my shows get cancelled? Oh because the network people are MORONS!! Of course the raitings are low! Mondays during fall football. Spring and summer? Base and basket ball. I could do better!! Duh!!!! The show was called Monday Mornings how about, I don’t know; MONDAY MORNING!!??? There u go, great promotion! This show better be picked up! I swear! Idiots every one! Now where will Alfread Molina work? (Please don’t sue me)

Comment by Amanda Brunty – May 16, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the program “Monday Morning” why do all the good ones get cancelled.
    I read the book also and liked it very much. I really HATE the programed was cancelled.

Comment by Ann Mellott – May 17, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hollywood and TV has given the african american community the impression that unless we are acting like out of control, loud mouthed, face making, hip-hoppin’ ebonic speaking making-you-laugh idiots, we can not be taken serious as actors. Or it has been decided on our behalf that, that is all we want to watch. You did,nt even give Monday Mornings a chance. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that Monday Mornings or Southland were african american shows, but the lead actors in the shows are amongst the very few that have serious roles. Can you say ‘Scandal,?!

Comment by Val – May 18, 2013 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just do NOT understand why an intelligent series like Monday Mornings is not given a chance and yet all the “reality” shows which are brainless are filling the air waves. So sad. Monday Mornings was excellent.

Comment by Bob VanNote – May 18, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tnt suck love the show it was great

Comment by sandra – May 18, 2013 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe this show was cancelled, it was of excellent quality. Why some networks keep ridiculous reality shows and let this one go boggles the mind.

Comment by Jackie – May 19, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best Show since Greys Anatomy! Man the people here were really loving this show. What a terrible waste to cancel quality tv programing.

Comment by Thom – May 21, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and I really liked this show and we are very disappointed that it was cancelled.

Comment by Arlo Bari Thompson Jr. – May 21, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post