Happy Endings Axed By ABC — Next Stop USA?

Get More: Cancellations

Happy Endings CancelledAnd now for some not-so-ah-mazing news: ABC has pulled the plug on Happy Endings.

RELATED | ABC Renews Grey’s, Scandal, Suburgatory, Nashville and 6 Others

USA Network has expressed interest in pulling a Cougar Town/TBS and acquiring the series, but no deal is in place at this time. A insider tells TVLine that Sony — the studio behind the show — is going to “fight like hell” to save the show. So there’s that.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect this unfortunate development.

Comments (145)

• waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment by edna – May 11, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad news…it’s such a great show.USA has awesome shows so why not add another.

Comment by Warren – May 11, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE SAVE IT USA

Comment by Hartz – May 11, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save it! Save it! Save it! Somebody pleeease save this show!

Comment by schu – May 11, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good riddance!

Comment by Jeff – May 11, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhocked happy endings is axed….I fell in love with this show and the cast…just can’t believe it…but i’m glad suburatory is picked up for another season…sad still about happy endings

Comment by Chris – May 12, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHO MAKES THESE CHOICES????? Body of Proof and Red Widow are two of my favorite shows , along with Castle. There is not much of a variety anymore unless you want a reality or game show. No thanks. I like a good old fashioned drama, crime solver. I guess I wont need to turn my tv on except Monday nights anymore!

Comment by beth jarvis – May 12, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible decision ABC. . .you’re acting like NBC. . .someone save this show!!!

Comment by Vern Gomilla – May 12, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may go against what others are saying but PLEASE STOP comparing Cougar Town’s quality to Happy Endings! Cougar Town was NOT funny this last season (which broke my heart because I loved that show). They went serious with the Episodes and relied more on connecting character’s stories than random funny days together.

Guys, just–nooo, Okay?

Comment by Jessica – May 13, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the writing has been on the wall for a while now, I saw this coming, but REALLY hope that someone else picks it up. I do agree that the season has been a bit of hit and miss, more so than the first two seasons, but there have been many, MANY equally fantastic moments as well: the prank episode, dodgeball2, Penny buying a car, many more. Even with the unevenness of this season, Happy Endings is still the only show on TV that has me rolling on the floor laughing. Mostly though I would love for them to get another season to get back on track and let the writing get better for this incredible ensemble of actors/comedians. PLEASE DON’T LET THIS BE THE END!!!

Comment by MIKE – May 13, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love this show!!! What are they thinking canceling it?!?

Comment by Sarah summers – May 16, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you know I kinda want to know the reason why abc would pull happy endings…just don’t get it

Comment by CW – May 17, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do we let them know we will watch if they pick it up?

Comment by surfdocer – May 17, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why?! i’m from the Netherlands and i absolutely love this serie. Funny, refreshing and great characters. So sad :-(!

Comment by barbara – May 19, 2013 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why usa cancelling good shows? Cuz they sucks.

Comment by Sucks – June 14, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody PUH-LEEEZE pick up this show. The actors are great and the show is funnier than a Congressman straining to tell the truth! Come on USA, HAPPY ENDINGS still has millions of fans!

Comment by SEMINOLE – June 23, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello there, You have done a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

Comment by axlhazarika – July 17, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this makes me so sad :(

Comment by Nicole – August 14, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely pent subject material, regards for selective information. “No human thing is of serious importance.” by Plato.

Comment by Habibi – November 27, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post