Happy Endings Axed By ABC — Next Stop USA?

Get More: Cancellations

Happy Endings CancelledAnd now for some not-so-ah-mazing news: ABC has pulled the plug on Happy Endings.

RELATED | ABC Renews Grey’s, Scandal, Suburgatory, Nashville and 6 Others

USA Network has expressed interest in pulling a Cougar Town/TBS and acquiring the series, but no deal is in place at this time. A insider tells TVLine that Sony — the studio behind the show — is going to “fight like hell” to save the show. So there’s that.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect this unfortunate development.

Comments (145)

• Like everyone else I’m rooting for someone else to pick up this gem. Please, please, please.

Comment by Kelly – May 10, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my god nooooooooo

Comment by erika – May 10, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not at all surprised, but my heart is still breaking. This was one of my only must-see shows. Every moment was a-mahzing. I hope USA picks it up, but of they don’t, at least we have three fantastic seasons with which to remember it by.

Comment by Eric – May 10, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish someone would pick up Happy Endings and Go On from NBC. Both shows deserve renewal.

Comment by Amber – May 10, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Endings is literally the funniest show on tv! So well written and well acted. Every word is hilarious and the actors are the best! Please please please someone pick them up!!!

Comment by Kasey – May 10, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, USA, TBS, or any other network, please pick up Happy Endings!!!!

Comment by Fabe – May 10, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :(
    Man, why do they have to axe the good ones?

Comment by Dani – May 10, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it was coming but it doesn’t make it hurt any less. Please pick it up USA!!! I’ll miss the gang so much. I’m at least grateful we got 3 seasons. Still….I want more :(

Comment by Allie – May 10, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the BEST show on TV right now!!!!! Omg USA or TBS better pick this up. Like NBC. ABC nothin going on except for Greys Anatomys 20th season.

Comment by Jo – May 10, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hardly a surprise, hope that TBS/USA or some other channel would pick this up.

Comment by Quinn Mallory – May 10, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Go On and now Happy Endings… Today is just not a good day.

Comment by Maria Varaeva (@springdawnin) – May 10, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. And, with The Office ending, it seems like there’s going to a dearth in good comedies next year :(

Comment by ER – May 10, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUCH. Ooooh, that one hurt, ABC. Very painful.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA, USA!

Comment by Bethy – May 10, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! ABC all but ensured its death when it banished the show to Fridays. This sucks because Happy Endings is so much better than a lot of the crap tv today. I really hopes USA or some other network picks it up.

Comment by Catherine – May 10, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please USA pick it up!

Comment by George – May 10, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sucks! Loved the show! Amaze-balls GONE!

Comment by arabibaby – May 10, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clutch the pearl! ABC you are as dumb as you are. Come on USA, be amahzing

Comment by Kay – May 10, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAVE IT USA, SAVE IT!

Comment by a – May 10, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw you ABC! Come on USA!

Comment by Donald – May 10, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m begging you USA, save this amahzing show.

Comment by Jee – May 10, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO USA, JUST DO IT ALREADY

Comment by Dave K – May 10, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( Come on USA!!!! Pick it up, pick it up!!!

Comment by Ella – May 10, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings is the best comedy on TV. USA should pick up happy endings and how to live with your parents…the neighbors…seriously ABC? what a joke.

Comment by Tiffany – May 10, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really sad..

Comment by Brandon – May 10, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings is such a great show. ABC should have let it develop into a long-term success. See Scrubs, HIMYM, News Radio.

Comment by Chris – May 10, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOO WHY WHY WHY

Comment by brandon – May 10, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOOOO. I need Happy Endings in my life. Pleasepleaseplease let USA pick this up!

Comment by Hannah – May 10, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA! USA! USA! I do not want to live in a world without Penny Hartz and Kerkoviches.

Comment by Lydia (@lydiakj) – May 10, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMN ABC!

Comment by Will Cariño (@the_cool_uncle) – May 10, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch this show and I am still hoping it will land on another network like USA. Today was truly a bloodbath, and there were definitely some surprises and a lot of disappointments. I really hope that for Happy Endings fans’ sake that this show will live on. From everything I’ve heard about it, it certainly deserves to (creatively anyway – the ratings obviously say otherwise). Come on, USA!

Comment by CJ – May 10, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally don’t care for the show, but a lot of people love it so I hope it finds a new home. I know how much I loved TBS for picking up CougarTown.

Comment by mia – May 10, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, Noooooooooooo.
    I hope USA will give this show another shot. The network could use another comedy.

Comment by Hol – May 10, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I finally regain my faith in the quality of a good comedy writing..then you guys go and do a jackass thing like cancel it! What the heck are you guys thinking!? Do you not realize that Elisha Cuthbert is only the cutest woman on television!? Helllooooo!!!!!

Comment by Mara Belle – May 10, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE USA!!!! Ill start watching you again if you do me this solid!!

Comment by Lauren – May 10, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooo! Noooooo! Noooooooooo! Ok USA you have the opportunity to be the most epic network ever and have Happy Endings and Psych on the same channel. You know what the right thing to do is

Comment by A – May 10, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fantastic idea! You must be a fan of delicious flavor!

Comment by nannarpite – May 10, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, USA. Please!!!!

Comment by nannarpite – May 10, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How unbelievably disappointing. Depressing even. Thanks for stabbing my happiness directly in the heart ABC! USA are you my happiness heart surgeon?

Comment by Frankie – May 10, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone save this show!! I’ll follow it to any channel!!

Comment by JAMANDAFAN – May 10, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see it go! Was never a favorite, but it always had a few laughs, and was definitely better than a lot of the junk on TV. :(

Comment by littlescarfgirl – May 11, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hardly comment, however i did some searching and wound up here Happy Endings Cancelled By ABC –
    TVLine. And I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to
    mind. Could it be just me or does it look like a few of the comments appear like they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting on additional places,
    I’d like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Comment by ringing in the ears cause – May 11, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please save Happy Endings USA Network, thanks from Canada!!!

Comment by DavidSask – May 11, 2013 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC should cancel the monotone adopted child on Modern Family. Happy Endings was the only show on the air with true diversity!

Comment by Brenda – May 11, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG PLEASE USA!!! ITS THE BEST TV SHOW

Comment by mariah – May 11, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO!!! Somebody, anybody pick it up!

Comment by MrsB – May 11, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Save this show

Comment by Sam – May 11, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Proof positive that a monkey could run a TV network. Show doesn’t go through the roof but does well. Let’s move it to Friday so we can watch a bunch of stupid “celebrities” dance and jump into a pool. Oh look, lousy ratings on Friday night. Let’s cancel it.

Comment by Mike – May 11, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAH Happy Endings is being Cancelled. Love it. Also what a joke a blk guy with white woman give up people. It will never happen. That’s why it being cancelled. Thanks for finally noticing it.

Comment by Jennifer – May 11, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you been watching TV the last 10 years or so? The Kardashian women don’t seem to want ANY man if he isn’t black. Coco and Ice-T? Kendra and what’s his name? Doesn’t seem out of the ordinary or strange to me, although all the aforementioned woman seem kinda strange and NOT because they want black men for mates.

Comment by Mike – May 11, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. The show Private Practice lasted for 6 seasons. And it featured an on-and-off couple which included a black man and white woman. Is Taye Diggs or on your words “blk man” the reason why Private Practice ended? Truly moronic post by Jennifer.

Comment by Chris – May 15, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy ending was not funny at all. They should never casted a blk guy on that show. He just dont fit in the crowd. Should have casted a asian guy instead than he will fit in the crowd.

Comment by Jennifer – May 11, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. Definitely one of the most ignorant posts I’ve read in a long long time. The “black guy” you so refer to comes from a family with a huge/ successful comedy background. He was good enough to be cast in 2 great shows, Happy Endings and New Girl. Of course he had pursue Happy Endings for contract reasons. No one wants to see a white woman with a black man? Your age and upbringing definitely shows. I truly feel sorry for you and your lack of maturity.

Comment by Chris – May 15, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sony give up morons the show is a total Failure and get rid of blk guy that what caused the show to Fail….

Comment by Jennifer – May 11, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “How to live with your parents for the rest of your life” is absolutely the funniest show. You didn’t even give it a chance. Lame.

Comment by Karen Vann – May 11, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post