Happy Endings Axed By ABC -- Next Stop USA?

Happy Endings CancelledAnd now for some not-so-ah-mazing news: ABC has pulled the plug on Happy Endings.

RELATED | ABC Renews Grey’s, Scandal, Suburgatory, Nashville and 6 Others

USA Network has expressed interest in pulling a Cougar Town/TBS and acquiring the series, but no deal is in place at this time. A insider tells TVLine that Sony — the studio behind the show — is going to “fight like hell” to save the show. So there’s that.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect this unfortunate development.

1. Kelly says:

Like everyone else I’m rooting for someone else to pick up this gem. Please, please, please.

2. erika says:

oh my god nooooooooo

3. Eric says:

Not at all surprised, but my heart is still breaking. This was one of my only must-see shows. Every moment was a-mahzing. I hope USA picks it up, but of they don’t, at least we have three fantastic seasons with which to remember it by.

4. Amber says:

I wish someone would pick up Happy Endings and Go On from NBC. Both shows deserve renewal.

5. Kasey says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Endings is literally the funniest show on tv! So well written and well acted. Every word is hilarious and the actors are the best! Please please please someone pick them up!!!

6. Fabe says:

Please, USA, TBS, or any other network, please pick up Happy Endings!!!!

7. Dani says:

Man, why do they have to axe the good ones?

8. Allie says:

I knew it was coming but it doesn’t make it hurt any less. Please pick it up USA!!! I’ll miss the gang so much. I’m at least grateful we got 3 seasons. Still….I want more :(

9. Jo says:

This is the BEST show on TV right now!!!!! Omg USA or TBS better pick this up. Like NBC. ABC nothin going on except for Greys Anatomys 20th season.

10. Quinn Mallory says:

Hardly a surprise, hope that TBS/USA or some other channel would pick this up.

11. First Go On and now Happy Endings… Today is just not a good day.

• ER says:

Agreed. And, with The Office ending, it seems like there’s going to a dearth in good comedies next year :(

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

OUCH. Ooooh, that one hurt, ABC. Very painful.

13. Bethy says:

USA, USA!

14. Catherine says:

Ugh! ABC all but ensured its death when it banished the show to Fridays. This sucks because Happy Endings is so much better than a lot of the crap tv today. I really hopes USA or some other network picks it up.

15. George says:

Please USA pick it up!

16. arabibaby says:

Sucks! Loved the show! Amaze-balls GONE!

17. Kay says:

Clutch the pearl! ABC you are as dumb as you are. Come on USA, be amahzing

18. a says:

SAVE IT USA, SAVE IT!

19. Donald says:

Screw you ABC! Come on USA!

20. Jee says:

I’m begging you USA, save this amahzing show.

21. Dave K says:

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO USA, JUST DO IT ALREADY

22. Ella says:

:( Come on USA!!!! Pick it up, pick it up!!!

23. Tiffany says:

Happy Endings is the best comedy on TV. USA should pick up happy endings and how to live with your parents…the neighbors…seriously ABC? what a joke.

24. Brandon says:

I’m really sad..

25. Chris says:

Happy Endings is such a great show. ABC should have let it develop into a long-term success. See Scrubs, HIMYM, News Radio.

26. brandon says:

NOOOOO WHY WHY WHY

27. Hannah says:

BOOOOO. I need Happy Endings in my life. Pleasepleaseplease let USA pick this up!

28. USA! USA! USA! I do not want to live in a world without Penny Hartz and Kerkoviches.

29. CJ says:

I don’t even watch this show and I am still hoping it will land on another network like USA. Today was truly a bloodbath, and there were definitely some surprises and a lot of disappointments. I really hope that for Happy Endings fans’ sake that this show will live on. From everything I’ve heard about it, it certainly deserves to (creatively anyway – the ratings obviously say otherwise). Come on, USA!

30. mia says:

I personally don’t care for the show, but a lot of people love it so I hope it finds a new home. I know how much I loved TBS for picking up CougarTown.

31. Hol says:

I agree, Noooooooooooo.
    I hope USA will give this show another shot. The network could use another comedy.

32. Mara Belle says:

You know, I finally regain my faith in the quality of a good comedy writing..then you guys go and do a jackass thing like cancel it! What the heck are you guys thinking!? Do you not realize that Elisha Cuthbert is only the cutest woman on television!? Helllooooo!!!!!

33. Lauren says:

PLEASE USA!!!! Ill start watching you again if you do me this solid!!

34. A says:

Noooooooo! Noooooo! Noooooooooo! Ok USA you have the opportunity to be the most epic network ever and have Happy Endings and Psych on the same channel. You know what the right thing to do is

35. nannarpite says:

Please, USA. Please!!!!

36. Frankie says:

How unbelievably disappointing. Depressing even. Thanks for stabbing my happiness directly in the heart ABC! USA are you my happiness heart surgeon?

37. JAMANDAFAN says:

Someone save this show!! I’ll follow it to any channel!!

38. Sad to see it go! Was never a favorite, but it always had a few laughs, and was definitely better than a lot of the junk on TV. :(

39. I hardly comment, however i did some searching and wound up here Happy Endings Cancelled By ABC –
    TVLine. And I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to
    mind. Could it be just me or does it look like a few of the comments appear like they are left by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are posting on additional places,
    I’d like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

40. DavidSask says:

Please save Happy Endings USA Network, thanks from Canada!!!

41. Brenda says:

ABC should cancel the monotone adopted child on Modern Family. Happy Endings was the only show on the air with true diversity!

42. mariah says:

OMG PLEASE USA!!! ITS THE BEST TV SHOW

43. MrsB says:

NOOOOOO!!! Somebody, anybody pick it up!

44. Sam says:

Please Save this show

45. Mike says:

Proof positive that a monkey could run a TV network. Show doesn’t go through the roof but does well. Let’s move it to Friday so we can watch a bunch of stupid “celebrities” dance and jump into a pool. Oh look, lousy ratings on Friday night. Let’s cancel it.

46. Jennifer says:

YEAH Happy Endings is being Cancelled. Love it. Also what a joke a blk guy with white woman give up people. It will never happen. That’s why it being cancelled. Thanks for finally noticing it.

• Mike says:

Have you been watching TV the last 10 years or so? The Kardashian women don’t seem to want ANY man if he isn’t black. Coco and Ice-T? Kendra and what’s his name? Doesn’t seem out of the ordinary or strange to me, although all the aforementioned woman seem kinda strange and NOT because they want black men for mates.

• Chris says:

LOL. The show Private Practice lasted for 6 seasons. And it featured an on-and-off couple which included a black man and white woman. Is Taye Diggs or on your words “blk man” the reason why Private Practice ended? Truly moronic post by Jennifer.

47. Jennifer says:

Happy ending was not funny at all. They should never casted a blk guy on that show. He just dont fit in the crowd. Should have casted a asian guy instead than he will fit in the crowd.

• Chris says:

LOL. Definitely one of the most ignorant posts I’ve read in a long long time. The “black guy” you so refer to comes from a family with a huge/ successful comedy background. He was good enough to be cast in 2 great shows, Happy Endings and New Girl. Of course he had pursue Happy Endings for contract reasons. No one wants to see a white woman with a black man? Your age and upbringing definitely shows. I truly feel sorry for you and your lack of maturity.

48. Jennifer says:

Sony give up morons the show is a total Failure and get rid of blk guy that what caused the show to Fail….

49. Karen Vann says:

“How to live with your parents for the rest of your life” is absolutely the funniest show. You didn’t even give it a chance. Lame.