Lauren Graham on Parenthood's Renewal, a Gilmore Movie and Being Mrs. Joel McHale

Lauren Graham InterviewWhen Lauren Graham stopped by the TVLine offices recently, it wasn’t just for a casual sit-and-run. We had a lot to catch up on!

Besides sharing her hopes for the next season of Parenthood (“In 22 episodes, I’m pretty sure Sarah Braverman can stop sleeping on the pullout bed!”) and recalculating the odds of a Gilmore Girls movie (“to finish it the way [Amy Sherman-Palladino] would have finished it”), the multi-tasker explained just how autobiographical her best-selling new book, Someday, Someday, Maybe, is and reminisced fondly about her days as “Mrs. Joel McHale.”

RELATED | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers: Who Will Sarah Choose?

Well don’t just sit there and wait for an open invitation, press PLAY!

1. Sid says:

She’s awesome! And I’m so happy about the 22 episode renewal for Parenthood! Thanks again NBC!

2. May says:

I absolutely love Lauren. She’s a great actress, and crazy funny.

• Devvie says:

You’re so right. She can make you cry or laugh. Just catching her interview on Ellen is a treat. She is crazy funny! Love this show, it has an excellent cast, writers, and story lines. Thank goodness they gave it 22 more episodes. This show is a gem.

3. GTS says:

The day will come. We will have a Gilmore Girls movie. It’s coming soon.

4. Bitsy says:

I really loved Ray Romano as Hank and I hope, hope, hope he comes back!

5. Paula says:

So is happening? The Gilmore Girl’s movie so we can finally forget about that horrible last season, please please make this happen!
    And I love Lauren, I wish her the best with the new movie and Parenthood!

6. Christian says:

Lauren Graham is a goddess. It’s criminal that she was never nominated for an Emmy for her brilliant work on Gilmore Girls.

7. Britta Unfiltered says:

But how can Lauren Graham be Mrs. Joel McHale when I’m Mrs. Joel McHale?

8. Maris says:

I smiled so big when I saw her face on the front page! (and then I got sad when I read about Go On’s cancellation) but yay Lauren!

9. Allyson says:

We need a Gilmore Girls movie!!!!!!!

10. Niki says:

great interview. but it could have been longer! Bring Romano baaaaaack!!!!

11. i don’t even watch parenthood but i had to watch this interview as soon as i saw this! i love her that much lol

12. Craig Best says:

Maybe ASP should redo S7 of Gilmore Girls how it should have been done, with L&L getting married in the snow :)

• Gilmore Girl says:

f*** yes! actually she said once if she did a movie, she’d be starting where she left off (end of season 6). which would be cool and weird all at the same time. although i don’t know if anyone actually wants to revisit the end of season 6.

• I agree..I loved Luke and Laura together…I loved the Gilmore Girls…by all means do a movie.

13. Jules says:

Okay, what needs to happen now is that darling Mr.Ausiello gets in touch with Amy Sherman Palladino! She is nowhere on the internet world so we fans around the globe don’t have a proper channel to beg her for a script. And we need it, desperately. Let’s face it: she still loves Gilmore. I mean – Bunheads it’s GG’s god-daughter or something. She definitely keeps her Gilmore style alive so it wouldn’t be a problem to revisit that world! C’mon Amy, please! The actors want to do it, we fans will actually PAY you to do it. We just need your awesome little head and imagination. Put us out of our misery!

14. Lola says:

LOVE her! Please make the Gilmore Girls movie happen! We deserve a better ending.

15. c-mo says:

A GG movie MUST include a cameo by Aus, who’s with me?

16. Lena says:

So freaking excited that there is going to be a Gilmore Girls movie. I cannot wait to see it. YAY!!!! Finally we get to see it end the way it was always supposed to end.

17. Barbara says:

Thank you NBC for not cancelling Parenthood. This is a wonderful program for
    young and old! I look forward to it every week.

18. JoMarch says:

I like Lauren Graham; can’t stand Sarah Braverman or just about every character (especially the lawyer) on Parenthood, so I stopped watching it a season ago. Surprised it was renewed.

19. Dee says:

I am so pumped Gilmore Girls along with Veronica Mars are making a movie I think they both deserve a proper send off!

20. Egirl says:

I’ve been hoping and looking for this news all year! This is one of my all time favorite shows over the last 30 years. I’m so happy to have these fascinatingly real characters back. We can identify with these well-developed characters. And the portrayals are awesome.

21. Mirelle says:

Oh….YAAAYYY! A Gilmore Girls movie is actually official now! I am so excited. I smiled so big when that came up. I can’t wait, but I will! And, I am also still reeling from the news that Parenthood is going to have a 5th season, and a FULL [22 episode] season order at that. Parenthood is an incredible series all around, from the acting to the writing to the charaters, and more! One of my favourite TV series! Great interview! Lauren is amazing and talented, as is the rest of the Parenthood cast. Excitment all around right now!!!

22. Karrie says:

I LOVE Parenthood but they will be in a DOA time slot next season, on at the same time as Good Wife AND Revenge. Perhaps I shouldn’t underestimate the show though.

23. pete says:

when does parenthood start this fall

• Chloe says:

So there will definitely be a Gilmore Girls movie? PLEASE say this will happen. Me and my mum have been wanting and waiting for this for ages! We watched GG from the very beginning and have always loved and supported the show. We hope this will happen, it would be AMAZING. Excited isn’t even the word to describe how happy we are right now! WE LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!

24. Becca says:

I watch Parenthood once in a while, but for me, it doesn’t even come close to Gilmore Girls! There needs to be a movie!

25. Chloe says:

So there is gonna be a Gilmore Girls movie? OMGOMGOMG this is what me and my mum have been waiting for!!!!!

26. Bob says:

Now that ASP doens’t have Bunheads maybe the GG movie could get some firm dates. Aus, your job should you choose to accept it, chase down ASP and get us a release date