Lauren Graham on Parenthood's Renewal, a Gilmore Movie and Being Mrs. Joel McHale

Get More: Video

Lauren Graham InterviewWhen Lauren Graham stopped by the TVLine offices recently, it wasn’t just for a casual sit-and-run. We had a lot to catch up on!

Besides sharing her hopes for the next season of Parenthood (“In 22 episodes, I’m pretty sure Sarah Braverman can stop sleeping on the pullout bed!”) and recalculating the odds of a Gilmore Girls movie (“to finish it the way [Amy Sherman-Palladino] would have finished it”), the multi-tasker explained just how autobiographical her best-selling new book, Someday, Someday, Maybe, is and reminisced fondly about her days as “Mrs. Joel McHale.”

RELATED | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers: Who Will Sarah Choose?

Well don’t just sit there and wait for an open invitation, press PLAY!

Comments (35)

• She’s awesome! And I’m so happy about the 22 episode renewal for Parenthood! Thanks again NBC!

Comment by Sid – May 10, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love Lauren. She’s a great actress, and crazy funny.

Comment by May – May 10, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re so right. She can make you cry or laugh. Just catching her interview on Ellen is a treat. She is crazy funny! Love this show, it has an excellent cast, writers, and story lines. Thank goodness they gave it 22 more episodes. This show is a gem.

Comment by Devvie – May 20, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The day will come. We will have a Gilmore Girls movie. It’s coming soon.

Comment by GTS – May 10, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A-M-E-N!!!

Comment by Omer – May 11, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is there gonna be a Gilmore girls movie ??????

Comment by Charlie – July 3, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really loved Ray Romano as Hank and I hope, hope, hope he comes back!

Comment by Bitsy – May 10, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is happening? The Gilmore Girl’s movie so we can finally forget about that horrible last season, please please make this happen!
    And I love Lauren, I wish her the best with the new movie and Parenthood!

Comment by Paula – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren Graham is a goddess. It’s criminal that she was never nominated for an Emmy for her brilliant work on Gilmore Girls.

Comment by Christian – May 10, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But how can Lauren Graham be Mrs. Joel McHale when I’m Mrs. Joel McHale?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love both your comment and your name.

Comment by eviltroyandevilabed – May 10, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this whole thread of conversation. *Fantasizes about being Mrs. Joel McHale…*

Comment by Angela – May 10, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I smiled so big when I saw her face on the front page! (and then I got sad when I read about Go On’s cancellation) but yay Lauren!

Comment by Maris – May 10, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need a Gilmore Girls movie!!!!!!!

Comment by Allyson – May 10, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great interview. but it could have been longer! Bring Romano baaaaaack!!!!

Comment by Niki – May 10, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t even watch parenthood but i had to watch this interview as soon as i saw this! i love her that much lol

Comment by baglesvswaffles – May 10, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe ASP should redo S7 of Gilmore Girls how it should have been done, with L&L getting married in the snow :)

Comment by Craig Best – May 10, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • f*** yes! actually she said once if she did a movie, she’d be starting where she left off (end of season 6). which would be cool and weird all at the same time. although i don’t know if anyone actually wants to revisit the end of season 6.

Comment by Gilmore Girl – May 17, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree..I loved Luke and Laura together…I loved the Gilmore Girls…by all means do a movie.

Comment by Feleice Bonner – May 22, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, what needs to happen now is that darling Mr.Ausiello gets in touch with Amy Sherman Palladino! She is nowhere on the internet world so we fans around the globe don’t have a proper channel to beg her for a script. And we need it, desperately. Let’s face it: she still loves Gilmore. I mean – Bunheads it’s GG’s god-daughter or something. She definitely keeps her Gilmore style alive so it wouldn’t be a problem to revisit that world! C’mon Amy, please! The actors want to do it, we fans will actually PAY you to do it. We just need your awesome little head and imagination. Put us out of our misery!

Comment by Jules – May 10, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE her! Please make the Gilmore Girls movie happen! We deserve a better ending.

Comment by Lola – May 10, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A GG movie MUST include a cameo by Aus, who’s with me?

Comment by c-mo – May 10, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome!

Comment by Annika – May 10, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking excited that there is going to be a Gilmore Girls movie. I cannot wait to see it. YAY!!!! Finally we get to see it end the way it was always supposed to end.

Comment by Lena – May 10, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you NBC for not cancelling Parenthood. This is a wonderful program for
    young and old! I look forward to it every week.

Comment by Barbara – May 12, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Lauren Graham; can’t stand Sarah Braverman or just about every character (especially the lawyer) on Parenthood, so I stopped watching it a season ago. Surprised it was renewed.

Comment by JoMarch – May 15, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so pumped Gilmore Girls along with Veronica Mars are making a movie I think they both deserve a proper send off!

Comment by Dee – May 15, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been hoping and looking for this news all year! This is one of my all time favorite shows over the last 30 years. I’m so happy to have these fascinatingly real characters back. We can identify with these well-developed characters. And the portrayals are awesome.

Comment by Egirl – May 16, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh….YAAAYYY! A Gilmore Girls movie is actually official now! I am so excited. I smiled so big when that came up. I can’t wait, but I will! And, I am also still reeling from the news that Parenthood is going to have a 5th season, and a FULL [22 episode] season order at that. Parenthood is an incredible series all around, from the acting to the writing to the charaters, and more! One of my favourite TV series! Great interview! Lauren is amazing and talented, as is the rest of the Parenthood cast. Excitment all around right now!!!

Comment by Mirelle – May 17, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Parenthood but they will be in a DOA time slot next season, on at the same time as Good Wife AND Revenge. Perhaps I shouldn’t underestimate the show though.

Comment by Karrie – May 21, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when does parenthood start this fall

Comment by pete – May 21, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So there will definitely be a Gilmore Girls movie? PLEASE say this will happen. Me and my mum have been wanting and waiting for this for ages! We watched GG from the very beginning and have always loved and supported the show. We hope this will happen, it would be AMAZING. Excited isn’t even the word to describe how happy we are right now! WE LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!

Comment by Chloe – July 21, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch Parenthood once in a while, but for me, it doesn’t even come close to Gilmore Girls! There needs to be a movie!

Comment by Becca – May 26, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So there is gonna be a Gilmore Girls movie? OMGOMGOMG this is what me and my mum have been waiting for!!!!!

Comment by Chloe – July 21, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that ASP doens’t have Bunheads maybe the GG movie could get some firm dates. Aus, your job should you choose to accept it, chase down ASP and get us a release date

Comment by Bob – August 2, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post