Elementary Finale First Look: Sherlock Reunites With Irene Adler, His Only Love

In the closing seconds of last night’s Elementary, Sherlock came face-to-face with the only woman he’s ever loved. But it’s next Thursday’s two-hour finale (CBS, 9/8c) that really shakes the investigator to his core when he’s properly reunited with the presumed-dead Irene Adler (guest star Natalie Dormer).

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Elementary, Criminal Minds, Castle, The Office and More!

So will the former couple pick up where it left off? Or does Moriarty have designs to keep them apart? Irene does look pretty shaken in the following photos, which has us wondering if the evil mastermind has been keeping her locked up somewhere.

RELATED | Elementary Season 2 Premiere Filming in London

Check out the gallery below, then then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (23)

• anyone else think that Irene is Moriarty?

Comment by alexjones – May 10, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve toyed around with that idea but … eh. I dunno. Seems a little precious for this show’s vibe.

Comment by Annie – May 10, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you in this… but since they’re always saying that the fact Sherlock’s father name starts with a M is not a coincidence… I’m guessing he’s Moriarty & is working with Irene to ruin Sherlock… he did send Watson away, maybe he didn’t want Sherlock to get better.. that’s why in the promo we see (or so it seems), Sherlock overdosing… but if we’re right and they’re going to turn Moriarty into a female character as they did to Watson, then it will give “bitch fight” as said by Natalie Dormer a new meaning…

Comment by anakl – May 11, 2013 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More than likely Sherlock’s father’s name is Mycroft – which was the original’s brother.

Comment by Mycroft – May 11, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed the direct reference to Irene’s origin with Sherlock calling her “THE woman.”

Comment by dodgerpacker – May 10, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I caught that too. Nice touch.

Comment by wordsmith – May 10, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Irene is beautiful!..Maybe Jane gets a bit jealous.

Comment by rmr – May 10, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who’s Jane?

Comment by Annie – May 10, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess she (he) is talking about Watson…

Comment by Tinemi – May 10, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this. judging by the promo i saw YT it doesn’t look good for Mr. Holmes. me thinks its like. “Her love is like bad medicine bad medicine is all he needs whoa oh oh.” couldn’t resist :)

Comment by James – May 10, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still have a couple episodes to get caught up on, but I am not at all surprised to find out that Irene is still alive.

Comment by Andy – May 10, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s really weird seeing Natalie Dormer not in period dress.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that comment made me laugh! so true!

Comment by Sarah – May 10, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Natalie Dormer is so beautiful.

Comment by bobbie – May 10, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must have a mental block where Adler is concerned. I’ve always disliked any reference to her, in the original books, on BBC’s Sherlock etc. And I don’t want to see this ep of Elementary.

Comment by lyn – May 10, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just so disappointed that they couldn’t resist the temptation to do the “Dead, but WAIT! NOT DEAD” schtick. Ugh. I was disgusted when she showed up at the end of last night’s episode.

Comment by beatriceblythe – May 10, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll be interested to see how this plays out as Irene Adler is The Woman who outwitted Sherlock Holmes in the original story.

Comment by Ayla – May 11, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think there’s more to Irene than meets the eye… and given how smitten Sherlock is with her, I hope she is equally as taken with him, else it might crush him. I don’t trust her.

Comment by NotBri – May 11, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I feel that this is a set up for Sherlock. I think that this is a Irene look alike that has learned everything about her, like her painting and her mannerism and how she and Sherlock are or had been close. I feel Watson is over whelmed in what she is seeing and I don’t think she trust this person also. She has learned a lot from Sherlock and I think she feels something is not quite right. What do you think.?

Comment by Cynthia Haywood – May 11, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • at this point, I would be surprised if Moriarty doesn’t turn out to be either Irene or Sherlock’s father.

Comment by George – May 13, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to watching “Vegas” every week. It is one of my favorite shows. My husband loves it too with all the vintage cars, but I guess young people don’t appreciate the 1960′s. It was fun to watch and very interesting. “Golden Boy” was a really exciting series too. So sad to see both of these end. We need less CSI. I never watch either anymore.

Comment by Mary Sanneman – May 15, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Natalie Dorman as Irene Adler. She just has to return for season 2. I’ve fallen in love, she just HAS TO!

Comment by Katie – May 18, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may be over thinking things, but I have three questions… what was the name of the constelation, I didn’t catch it, but I did see the significance in hind site. why did she scratch him when he found her and is it significant and finally what was the masterpiece she was painting before her “murder” by moriarty?

I found it odd that these were unanswered in a show that deals in details…. especially since his face was obviously wounded in several scenes.

Comment by maddchad – July 16, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post