School's Not Out: NBC Renews Community

Community Renewed Six seasons and a movie? Not so far-fetched after all!

NBC has renewed death-defying cult fave Community for a fifth season, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | NBC Cleans House, Cancels 5 Shows

No exact word on episode count, but 13 is the number being bandied about (that would put it within striking distance of syndication-friendly 100.)

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. Pie Fighter says:

I’m sure that season 5 will once again be nothing but a bunch of random & stupid poop/doody jokes from cast and crew. Thank you NBC for proving that monkeys run your network

2. anik says:

I’m so happy! #LongLiveCommunity

3. Zorkel567 says:

If this show does not get a sixth season now, I think the Internet will explode.

• Eric says:

Haha this is exactly what I was thinking! To get this close but not make it would torture all of us Human Beings.

4. Tell me is that okay that i don’t like Community? I know a lot of people who love it. I like the referenses, but i dislike the characters.
    On the other hand The Office US is not standart comedy either, but i absolutely in love with it.

• James says:

It’s absolutely fine! Everyone has different tastes, and looks for different types of humour.I’ve never been a fan of The Office (either of them), but I get why people love it, because it’s very good at what it does. Ditto 30 Rock. It’s just not for me (much the same, I get the jokes but really don’t like any of the characters).

Community, I’ve always felt, is made for me and people like me. I empathise with most of the characters regularly, and the jokes are the geeky, slightly unhinged kind that really work for me. But it’s very definitely not for everyone. And that’s okay.

5. Eric says:

This is fantastic news. Season five!! Two years ago, I would’ve thought this was an impossibility! I’ve been watching this series since I was 14, and now the Greendale Seven — er, Six — will follow me to university! Thank you, NBC. I may just be able to overlook you canceling The New Normal.

6. Jenny says:

The only good thing about Go On being canceled is that it helped save Community!!! YAY! #sixseasonsandamovie

7. Quinn Mallory says:

Best news of the day.
    As inconsistent as this season has been as a whole, it was still full of many great moments. With the show not really about community college at all, there is no dearth of direction where season 5 can go.
    #sixseasonandamovie

8. Dex P says:

6 seasons and a movie… Hell yeah!!!!!!

9. Catherine says:

Yay! Although quality has gone down on Community this season, it still has a lot of potential. Looking forward to the new season. And now for the obligatory hashtag…#sixseasonsandamovie

10. Kay says:

This truly is the best timeline

11. Doane06 says:

Pop Pop!

12. M3rc Nate says:

Im very happy about this :D but i hope they take the time to really really make this season great. Writers/showrunner(s)…re-watch the other seasons that Dan did and really capture the humor and heart of the show. Turn around all these “this season sucked, sucks Dan left…” opinions and make them fall in love with Community again.

13. Babybop says:

I almost want to cry I’m so happy… this almost makes up for cancelling Go On… Almost…

14. janeen says:

Un-be-DEAN-able! I hope its smoother next year & so happy we get more! I just wish NBC could/would rock comedy like they did when I was growing up. Cheers, Cosby, Golden Girls, Seinfeld, Frasier, Night Court, Family Ties, etc. I will forever be loyal to NBC, but give me reasons to, guys!

E Pluribus Anus!

15. Sara says:

I don’t know. Season 4 wasn’t good at all so I hope they listen to feedback and improve. But my first reaction was oh no I don’t want to watch my once favorite show get worse. Keeping things crossed.

16. Brett says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This makes up for the southland cancellation.

AWESOME

17. Paul Cox says:

I have zero expectations that Community S5 will be anywhere near as good as S1-3 were, but the fact that I love all these actors so much makes me glad I’ll still get to see them all in one place instead of scattered around on a bunch of different shows. Even if the writing is terrible now and the soul of the show left when Dan Harmon did, I love watching them work together.

18. Janice says:

Against all odds!!!!
    Now let the battle for season 6 (and of course the movie) begin!!!!! #sixseasonsandamovie

19. Ben says:

REALLY? OMG. I am SO happy right now, so, SO happy. I have never been more happy to be wrong about a show in my life.

20. Great news to start my day

21. comedy4cast says:

#season5isalive

22. Ck says:

We aren’t living in the Darkest Timeline!

23. Mel says:

I am happy Community got picked up; but I would have been okay if it had ended as it did. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I wonder if they are holding it until January.

24. Allison says:

Best Way to Fix Season Four: Bring Back Dan.

25. Fan says:

Yay for Community! I don’t enjoy it near as much as I used to but it’s still a fun show.

26. Lucy says:

I’m happy that the show got another chance (even though I feel that the renewal was partly motivated by NBC feeling like they had to renew something and at least they can give Community enough episodes to get syndicated, henceforth more money for the network, rather than faith in the show) but I agree with the commenters who said that this season was weak. There were some great moments – when Jeff was telling his Dad that he (Jeff) was broken I cried because that hit home for me – but it was inconsistent and I don’t want the show to become a parody of itself. I also agree that the plan was to have Jeff become a teacher at Greendale because why else would they mention his degree in education.

27. Johnny says:

Old Community(Seasons 1-3) was a fantastic show. This season was ok. There was some really bad, but I really thought a couple of episodes did Old Community proud. I thought the puppet episode was great, personally. I’m happy it’s renewed, maybe it’ll be smoother next season, now that they’ve had time to deal with all the transition. I do think that Go On being cancelled is an absolute travesty, however. Best new comedy NBC had in ages.

28. JB Smooove says:

And people say there is no God. smh

29. Zanth says:

That’s Changtastic!

30. Ella says:

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

31. lara says:

I like community though all the ups and downs
    Glad to hear that
    thx

32. Lucas says:

Community was the very first show I really, really liked. And now that season 5 its on its way, i would have to say,,,
    SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Emily says:

They HAVE to bring Dan Harmon back.
    They ruined Season 4, I can’t take it anymore.
    I need my #SixSeasonsAndAMovie

34. adil says:

For all those people wishing Dan Harmon was back – He is!!! Hopefully Community will be like the first three seasons with him back. The fourth was a little under standard but it still was okaaaaaay.

35. Phil says:

so happy i wee’d a little :))))

36. We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our
    community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on.
    You’ve performed a formidable task and our entire neighborhood can be grateful to you.