ABC Cancels Body of Proof, 5 Others; Renewals Include Castle, Revenge, Suburgatory, Nashville

ABC Renewed SeriesTaking a better-late-than-never approach, ABC has officially renewed nearly a dozen shows for the 2013-14 TV season, including rookie drama Nashville and established hits Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Revenge, The Middle, Modern Family, Castle (for, contrary to rumors, one and not two more seasons) and Once Upon a Time.

Sophomore bubble comedies Suburgatory and Last Man Standing also have been picked up, as has the freshman series The Neighbors.

RELATED | ABC Picks Up Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., Rebel Wilson’s Super Fun Night and 9 Others for Fall

On the cancellation front, Malibu Country, Family Tools, Body of Proof, How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life), Red Widow and Happy Endings have been axed (full story on H.E.‘s demise here).

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. Alexx Miller says:

They keep the crap and get rid of the good stuff…. Guess I won’t be watching ABC Next season…. Nashville… what trash

2. AMAZIN says:

HERE FOR **SCANDAL*** LOVE LOVEE LOVEEE THAT SHOW!!! I ALSO LIKE 666 PARK AVE. IT WAS VERY INTERESTING TO ME, CANT WAIT FOR IT TO BEGIN IN JUNE!!!

3. erjan says:

So happy ABC finally got “something right” by bringing back Revenge, Nashville, and Scandal, But… they got it wrong with Body Of Proof!! Like Dana Delany and the addition of Mark Valley and Elyes Gabel gave the show a little more edge. Maybe USA or TNT will be smart enough to pick it up!

4. nettie says:

I watch body of proof, Malibu country, csi: NY and Vegas. Which all of them where cancelled. It just seems to me they take the good stuff off TV. That is not right.

• Kelly Keiffer says:

I’m thinking USA and TNT are better stations then are ABC NBC. CBS
      They are showing some great shows and keeping them and when they finish a show they are leaving u with great endings To the Series and answers to all the questions. Wow . Fox is half and half. Will see what they do next

5. Ashley g says:

red widow, Revolution, Castle are amazing I love them!

6. Smart tv liker says:

Watched CSI NY for years, honest cop had to like that and Vegas was well done, both cancelled, stupid decisions if you ask me

7. Ea says:

Happy about Revenge return and Castle sad about Malibu Country, sad to see Reba go I Love Reba

8. kelly says:

Not happy about body of proof!!!

9. Jen says:

We started watching Red Widow and thought it was a really good show. We hate to see that it wasn’t getting a chance. Too bad the stupid reality shows rule. Bring back Red Widow. At least it was a good story.

10. Jen says:

Bring back Red Widow. It’s a great show and wasn’t given a chance.

11. V.Kanwischer says:

Don’t cancel the Body of Proof, excellent show,also Vegas is great. Take the Bachelor and the Bachelorette off, bad shows . Malibu Country was a great show.

12. R. Gentile says:

TO THE POWERS THAT BE AT ABC:
    I can’t believe the programming directors of ABC would cancel Body of Proof! What? Are you all really so stuck on stupid that you would cancel such a good show! I surely hope one of the cable stations will pick up this show and run with it. The cast is well developed and interact very well, the story lines are intriguing, they at least hold your interest. It sure as hell can’t be the ratings, they have darn good actors who work hard at their craft. I for one am not happy! Damnit! I’d rethink your decision!

13. john pisonya says:

it was really dumb for ABC to cancel Body of Proof. Their management is going the way of NBC by making stupid decisions.

14. Colette Morris says:

Cancel Grey’s Anatomy and bring back BODY of PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. so upset that Malibu Country was cancelled I love Reba!

16. TONI RHODES says:

CASTLE, BODY OF PROOF, BONES, NCIS ETC. ARE ALL DECENT NO BRAINERS, BUT THE BEST SHOWS, LIKE RED WIDOW GET CANCELLLED! WELL ACTED, GOOD DIALOG, NOT COMPLETELY PREDICABLE. BUT THE REALITY IDIOT FANS KEEP THEIR SHOWS GOING. WHAT HAPPENED TO LITERACY IN THE US? AT LEAST WE HAVE JUSTIFIED & THE NEWSROOM. WHEN I WANT A NO BRAINER I CAN WATCH GREYS ANATOMY & SCANDAL. THANK YOU HBO & FX. & AMC FOR BREAKING BAD, & PBS FOR SOME GREAT SHOWS. DISRIMINATING VIEWER

• Shannon Lawrence says:

Red Widow would have been a better summer show when people could watch new shows and had not already invested in shows when it premiered. Unfortunately we keep getting stuck with reality TV because they are cheap to produce. I thought USA would pick up Red Widow as it fits within their pervue of shows and could have been paired well with Burn Notice. Or TNT could have picked it up like they did Southland.

• Alberta Hagerman says:

Why, why, why are they taking the really enjoyable shows off the air and leaving junk.
        I love Body of Proof, Mentalist, CSI, NCIS, Elementary and Bones, and many others. I never in my worst looking at a TV guide will watch a reality show, games show, or Anything remotely like those, The TV would go off and a book would come out. But I do watch the news. So Please, please return all the above mentioned, especially Body of Proof. Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods, and where is the Dr. show from the Hamptons, and new Persons of Interest. I did like Carol King and James Taylor on BBC and the Operas, and Hawaii 5 O
        Well if they are really interested in what people like, PLEASE READ AND LISTEN, A lot of my friends feel the same way.

17. Mary says:

FAMILY TOOLS was incredibly written & the actors were amazing! I believe the networks dont advertise some new shows enough so that they can justify keeping the crap on! Society as a whole needs the ‘good humor’ as in Family Tools…the world would be a better place! Two episodes & you’re hooked…for me it was the first episode. My hats off to all the actors on Family Tools – you were top notch! Message to ABC – BRING BACK FAMILY TOOLS PLEEEEZ!!!!!!!!

18. Mary says:

Please help get Family Tools back on TV!!!!

19. Geri Fitzgerald says:

Regarding filming of show, Please turn on the lights for scenes that have office or house scenes that are so dark you cannot see the actors in the scene or only the face is highlighted. This is so fake. No office is in business in the dark with those stupid little yellow lamps on. I hate when the tv screen goes totally black and you know something is going but can’t see who is the scene.
    Then there is the back ground noise when it’s an outside scene or music, all louder than the dialog. Especially on Hallmark movies with loud music (shrill instruments). So, PLEASE, make it actually BACKGROUND noises NOT FORGROUND NOISE. IT IS VERY DIATRACTING.

20. Geri Fitzgerald says:

I agree with those that want Body of Proof to return. That was a good show. Not related to cancelled shows, I have been trying to find an avenue to protest the filming of so many shows that depict scenes where all you get are black screens, offices with no lights where all you see is part of the actors faces. It is so unreal for police to go into a house during a day, but the room is pitch black, using little pin light to look for clues. Get real!! There is not an office that I have ever been in where the people worked in the dark. It is just too unreal. Out side scenes are so noisy you can’t hear the actors voices.
    this is driving me crazy!! I hope this gets to correct contacts as I so not how or who to direct th complaint to.

21. Kim Rush says:

I love Body of Proof. I liked Vegas also.

22. Lucy Sylvia says:

Happy that Castle got renewal Castle is the best show Love Castle

23. michele bolden says:

Please bring back Body of Proof. Every time I get into a awesome show you cancel it. Bring this back and get rid of other shows that aren’t doing good. So I won’t watch tv cuz everything I watch won’t be on.

24. retsim says:

Enough of Revenge for Gods sake finish it .