Vampire Diaries Recap: Ghosts of Seasons Past

Get More: Recaps

Vampire Diaries Season 4 RecapOn Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, Bonnie’s quest to lower the veil to the other side and bring an end to Silas leads to the return of some familiar faces — and an unexpected deadly consequence.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including The Vampire Diaries, Castle, How I Met Your Mother, Nashville and More!

Some of the ghosts like Alaric and Jeremy come back bearing good feelings and wanting to look out after their loved ones. Fitting, the former first appears to Damon, but the vamp thinks it’s Silas pretending to be his old drinking buddy. To prove to Damon he’s really himself, Alaric pops open a locker and takes out a bottle of alcohol.

“Would Silas know about locker 42?” he asks and the two hug. Aww, now this feels warm and right.

Alaric explains that the veil has only been lowered inside the expression triangle and that not every ghost has a reason to come back to Mystic Falls (aka, they couldn’t get everyone back, OK?). But a few do have one very good motive for a comeback: Vengeance. Kol makes a beeline for Elena, interrupting Matt and Rebekah’s candlelit moment to get her whereabouts. He stabs Matt in his throwing arm, but the football player still refuses Rebekah’s healing help because he’d like to graduate high school as a human. Kol eventually finds Elena and almost snaps her neck, but Jer swoops in with his crossbow.

“How many times do I need to kill you?” he exclaims.

Meanwhile, vampire hunters Alexander, Connor and Vaughn also have less-than-kind intentions, cornering Rebekah and Matt in the town square.

Among the others visiting from the ghostly plane: Stefan’s pal Lexi, who gives him a little ribbing about her “cute” blonde replacement Caroline — seriously, show, are you going to go there with those two or what? — and Grams, who fails to stop Bonnie’s efforts to keep the veil down and thereby keep Jer around. The ensuing spell takes so much power out of the witch that she ends becoming a ghost herself! Yes, Bonnie appears to be dead!

Meanwhile, the Gilbert siblings’ heart-to-heart finally gets Elena’s mind off killing Katherine. She’s finally back to her old self, but thankfully, before that, we got a fantastic scene in which Elena almost takes out her doppelganger, who’s connected to Bonnie. Stefan arrives in time to stop her from killing both Katherine and Bonnie.

“Thanks for the save, handsome,” replies Katherine like a 1950s vixen. Stefan tells her to leave or he’ll off her himself. “Really, I’m your biggest problem right now?”

She has a point. At least one big issue has been solved (sort of): While she can’t put him down for good, Bonnie turns Silas to stone and the gang plans to throw him in the ocean. At least now he can’t get into Bonnie’s head anymore, but damned if Candice Accola playing an all powerful Silas wasn’t fun! Before the body dumping, Alaric swipes the cure off him and gives it to Damon, who wonders what he’s supposed to do with it.

“Get the girl,” replies Alaric.

Vampire Diaries fans, hit the comments with your thoughts on the reunions, demises and more!

Comments (128)

• Bonnie is soo stupid.
    Damn they ruined her character.

Comment by T – May 9, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there was nothing really ruin.

Comment by Kit – May 9, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m talking about from season 1 to now.
        I had high hopes for Bonnie but somewhere along the way I lost these hopes.
        I don’t even care she’s dead tbh, but I’m sure they will figure out away to bring her back permanently even if it means she stays a ghost.

Comment by T – May 10, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bonnie will likely get sent back by her ancestors to restore the veil to the Other Side…and according the Graduation finale pics, she is graduating with Caroline and Elena in her cap and gown. Unless of course, Silas is still messing with Bonnie’s head somehow and she isn’t really dead at all, he’s just stalling her until he can break free of whatever she did to him. When posing as Caroline, he even told her she has no idea how powerful he is and that he is pretty much in control of what she can and cannot see. Stefan is supposed to find out something “shocking” about Silas…so maybe it’s that he escaped. We’ll know in a week. :)

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree more. Bonnie needed to die and leave the show. Unfortunately, not many actually leave for good even if they are dead. (Except maybe characters people actually like, Anna can come back anytime.)

That being said, but was I the only one who was having flashbacks to 2003 thinking Silas all of a sudden became the First Evil? I mean having a “cute” blonde girl suddenly being the Big Bad, just made me think that the writers just finished off a marathon of Buffy.

Comment by jericho – May 10, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad rick came back for this episode and looks like the finale too. Damon needs his drinking buddy

Comment by Bender – May 9, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am highly annoyed. Bonnie better be coming back.

Comment by Grrrrp – May 9, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course she will! :)

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have to so she can close the veil

Comment by Rook – May 10, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Compared to my friends, I thought this episode was great!!! So many twists and turns, loved the return of some of those characters (ALARIC!!!), and I can’t wait to see all of this go down in the season finale! With the cure in Damon’s hands, I’m almost positive that it’s him that takes it. Elena taking it would be WAY too obvious.

Comment by Andrew – May 9, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you comparing an episode of TV to your friends? Apples and oranges.

Comment by brycealexander – May 10, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol, I think they mean compared to their friend’s OPINION.

Comment by Fran – May 10, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and LEXIII!

Comment by luli – May 10, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon and Alaric are LOVE.

Hope they leave the veil down so the awesome people they foolishly killed off can stick around.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – May 9, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I do not want Stefan and Caroline to go there. No way. No how! Even if Stefan and Elena don’t get back together (and I really really really!!! want that to happen) I definately don’t want to see Stefan and Caroline together. Isn’t she already in a love triangle with Klaus and Tyler? I love their friendship. It’s what he needs since Lexi is no longer part of his life.

Comment by Leah – May 9, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally 100% agree :)

Comment by Julie – May 9, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caroline and Klaus ain’t happening. Get over it!

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh, it was just mentioned that Caroline already has enough going on without throwing Stefan in the mix. I for one was agreeing about keeping Stefan and Caroline as friends. Not sure why you made that comment on this particular post.

Comment by Fran – May 10, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because Lexi made a comment about their friendship/relationship….

Comment by luli – May 10, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Julie Plec is an admitted Steroline shipper. She clearly favors Paul Wesley…she also “ships” Stelena. LOL

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the episode was bad, but because of its direction mostly. It looked so cheap and it was so overly dramatic, it was terrible edited and directed that it felt like I was watching a telenovela. Lets hope next weeks finale is back to form. I’m conserned over Katherine- if they kill her I’m so over the show. Also, a whopping wtf to whatever went down with Silas- now these ghost hunters are the villains for the finale? That’s pretty lame. I hope Quetsiyah makes an appearance, or else that whole storyline will have been nothing more than a big wast of space.

Comment by Rrrrrr – May 9, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this episode- but mainly because of the dead characters returning. It just made me really miss how the show used to be. I know one of the dead is supposed to come back permanently, but I don’t know how it can be anyone but Bonnie. Seriously, what would they all do without her and her witchy powers? But man I miss Alaric and Lexie so much. I know a lot of people like Stefan and Caroline together but I really, really don’t want them to make it a romantic thing. I love their friendship so much because it helps fill the Lexie void.

Comment by Julie – May 9, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caroline said something to Stefan at prom, though, that sounded like foreshadowing. Maybe it wasn’t, but it sounded like it. Then with Lexi telling Stefan that Caroline is “cute”…well, who knows. Candice Accola’s character gets just as much play as Elena’s, lol. Give Bonnie a man for crying out loud! Not that she “needs” one…but damn.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emily, I remember that. Then again it’s hard to say what direction Julie Plec will go in. We always get these little bits of intrigue and then they vanish. Who knows? I agree with you though that Bonnie could use a good loving :)

Comment by Julie – May 10, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Bonnie’s dad (and mom)? Did I miss something or did they just conveniently disappear?

Comment by Fran – May 9, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • mom = vampire
      dad = around

Comment by n – May 9, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Bonnie’s dad has been featured more prominently than ever this season

Comment by brycealexander – May 10, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bonnie’s dad only first appeared this season. And what I mean is that he and her mother were all worried about Bonnie and her expression magic and then haven’t been mentioned since. Just pointing out another plotline that was brought up and then forgotten.

Comment by Fran – May 10, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this episode! Hated Bonnie dying but it was great to see Alaric, kol, and Lexi. Hopefully they’ll stick around now that Bonnie can’t close the veil.

Comment by Tobi – May 9, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have not had the chance to see it yet…so …Jer is still around but Bonnie is dead?

Comment by Kate'shomesick – May 9, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we keep Kol and Alaric and get rid of Elena? I only watched this episode for Kol and Alaric. Also can we not ruin Stefan and Caroline’s friendship and just keep it that?

Comment by gabby – May 9, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, basically this! Agree 100%. Hope they don’t ruin Stefan and Caroline’s friendship for the sake of yet another romantic ship -.-’ Can they please, for once, just focus on one love interest? She has Klaus and is still dealing with Tyler, so please, no more.

Comment by Rita – May 9, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kol breaking that beer bottle to throw at Matt? I could watch that all day. Hot.

Comment by Ari – May 10, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need to bring Lexi back!!

Comment by luli – May 10, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I’m not sure how they could have made this episode any better – except MAYBE if they had thrown Elena and Stephen back together again, but really, that deserves its own episode because in case the Delena shippers have forgotten, “It will always be Stephen”

Comment by sil – May 9, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who is Stephen? Oh, you mean STEFAN. And if Stefan takes Elena right back after everything that has happened this season, including her sleeping with and professing love for his BROTHER, that would be the absolute worst way to do a story. They can’t just throw them back together. That wouldn’t make a lick of sense.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope IT IS Ric who is revived but my guess ii Jeremy.

Comment by lorna – May 9, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it has to be Bonnie. I’ve yet to see a plot on this show that didn’t revolve around her magically fixing something, then disappearing again until needed.

Comment by lucy – May 9, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The thing with Jeremy was something different. I guess that’s why- as a couple- I liked them so much…gave them stuff to do other than being young, passionate but ultimately a little bit stupid and being a friend, witchy and ultimately a little bit stupid :D

Comment by Kate'shomesick – May 9, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Even Jeremy’s arc- he had a power, but- didn’t it require Bonnie going out the cabin and “fixing” him so he didn’t kill his sister?
          I swear without Bonnie they’d all be dead in a week. Even the undead ones.

Comment by lucy – May 9, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly. She’s their resident witch! :)

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:26 AM PDT
      • Bonnie never fixes anything. Everything she touches goes bad! She tries to bring back Jeremy and brings back all the vampire hunters. I hope she stays dead and really want Alaric back although I’ll take Jeremy if it means I don’t have to put up with Bonnie anymore.

Comment by Karen – May 10, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bonnie’s death means the veil is still down right? Perfect :)

Comment by kavyn – May 9, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bonnie doesnt die come on she will fix everything back plus i think i saw her with graduation gown in promo. I did love the cliffhanger

Comment by david – May 9, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ghost Bonnie could be wearing the graduation gown.
      I don’t think she stays dead forever. But I am curious if she tells everyone (considering that when things like this happen, they usually come to HER to fix it), because what could they do? Maybe she decides not to tell them until after graduation, but then the veil starts to flicker, and Bonnie vanishes, and they figure it out?

Comment by lucy – May 9, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus and Caroline isn’t going to happen. I’m over Caroline and Tyler. I wanna see Caroline and Stefan, mostly because I think we should see him move on, or at least try to. They are hinting at it being possible.

Comment by Chris – May 9, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as Stefen doesn’t go back to Elena, I don’t care who he dates.

Comment by Liv – May 9, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But JP said that the triangle will last forever. I think if Stefan and Caroline were to romantically happen she would always come second to Elena and I don’t want that for Caroline.

Comment by Grrrrp – May 9, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Why is Julie Plec so insistent on having this stupid love triangle NEVER die? I don’t get it. Pretty much EVERYONE is sick and tired of it. I’m thinking if she keeps this up season after season she’s going to lose viewers and even start to piss off the actors.

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree totally!

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Chris. Klaus and Caroline are not happening due to the Originals. Tyler is not returning since he has permanently moved to Los Angeles. I think Caroline and Stefan have chemistry and would love to see Stefan MOVE ON. JP is hinting at the possibility so it probably will happen at some point.

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stefan needs to move on because Elena sure loves jerking him around- of course the same could be said about Elena to Damon. I think they all need to take a step back for awhile.

Comment by Fran – May 10, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when they were doing something interesting with Bonnie. It felt like shades of Dark Willow and then they just lame it up. I really hope they keep more than one of these characters around. Right some of the mistakes they made like killing Lexi, Jeremy & Alaric.

Comment by RobMF – May 9, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! The exact words out of my mouth last night when Bonnie was defying her Grams and taking all of that magic into herself was “She’s going Dark Willow!” Nice Buffy reference. ;) I was disappointed, but not entirely. It would have been so awesome to see her go completely dark…but we’ll be getting another story instead.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg Dalaric and the part where Jeremy comes to Elena’s rescue :’( Wow. I don’t think Bonnie will stay dead ? I thought a major death was happening in the finale?

Comment by S – May 9, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the cliffhangers on this show, just wish they would quit killing off characters. Vicki, Jenna, Ric, Mason, Lexie, Rose, and Jeremy to name a few. You could start a new show about the spirit plain. On top of that you have Klause, Elijah, and Rebekah headed to a sequel. With all the characters and storylines they have burned through I almost think that the new show will be better. That could be my love for Claire Holt talking though.

Comment by Randy – May 9, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I almost forgot about Rose! Now, her and Damon were great together. This show really has killed off so many characters.

Comment by Fran – May 9, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena isn’t going anywhere and I loved this episode it was the best one of the season!!! I think that Bonnie will be bac they can’t kill her she a main character in the books. I hope se doesn’t die I want a Damon/Bonnie relationship like the books. Because in the books Bonnie and Elena are the ones he cares about most. He calls Bonnie his little redbird and Elena his dark ice princess. In the books she has blonde hair and blue eyes. She is selfish and doesn’t care who she hurt when she got Stefan to fall for her. She get jealous when Damon or Stefan don’t really pay attention to her. She loves both brothers and calls them both hers. So I hope it goes partly like the books and that they take certain parts from the books. It’s always good to have some stuff in the books to the show. If they didn’t do anything from the books there would be no storylines at all. There would be no klaus at all. In the books klaus isn’t shown he simply kills Vicki and gets killed himself. So I hope that Bonnie doesn’t die because I want the Bonnie and Damon that was in the episode where he hugged her. Bonnie and Damon’s relationship is sweet in the books and I want that in the show.

Comment by Delenaforever26 – May 9, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People come on here’s how it goes down grams tells bonnie she is dead bonnie doesn’t wanna except it she manages to keep some express brings herself back to life while doing so Jeremy is brought back with her yes Damon will snap some hunters heads and Elena will get the cure while staring at both Damon and Stefan as credits role in

Comment by Javarice Stanley – May 9, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damon gets the cure. Bet. If they cure Elena, that would be SUPER lame. I have two theories about Bonnie: 1. She is dead, but gets sent back by her ancestors to close the veil. 2. Silas is still in Bonnie’s head somehow and she is not actually dead at all. He’s stalling her.

He even said to her, while in Caroline’s form, that she has NO IDEA how powerful he is, and that he can make her see what he wants her to see.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am willing to trade Bonnie for either Lexi, Alaric, or Jeremy. They completely ruined her character halfway through season 1.

Comment by JP – May 9, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well without Bonnie there would be no Lexi Alaric or Jeremy.

Comment by Grrrrp – May 9, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    What happened to Bonnie?

Comment by Justin Burnell – May 9, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they could do a spin off with Alaric and Damon they’re great together.
    I hope they bring Alaric back but it will probably boring Bonnie.

Comment by Whatever – May 9, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes totally. I think a Damon and Alaric spinoff would be awesome!

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OBVIOUSLY Damon is the one getting the cure. He’s the only one who doesn’t WANT it.

Comment by Calla Lilly – May 9, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will seriously throw things at my television if that’s what happens, but I agree, it’s definitely the direction this whole thing is headed to.

I thought the cure for vampirism was going to be so exciting and interesting to watch unfold when it was first brought up, but now it’s all just…yawn. this season has been so disappointing (in my opinion, of course)!

Comment by kbro – May 10, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damon still seems like an obvious choice to me since it is what happened in the books and everyone expects it. Just like everyone thought he was going to die in Episode 15 and it turned out to be Jeremy. I think the only way Damon would consider taking the cure is if he thinks the sire bond is back and Elena doesn’t want it. Now the sire bond was gone BUT now that she is totally back to her old self with all her emotions back and not just the “hate” emotion, will the sire bond return? I think she will profess her love for Damon but if he is still doubtful, he will take the cure. Something tells me that it will be Stefan taking the cure though.

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe with the vampire hunters back Damon will take the cure to keep it out of their hands. Maybe Elena will be involved in some way. There is that picture of Damon injured and Elena looking him over. So maybe one of the vampire hunters injures him and he’s going to die but if he takes the cure then he won’t die and maybe Elena makes him take the cure.
        lol I don’t know! It’s making me crazy. But I think Damon is in some kind of danger and has to either take the cure to survive, is forced to take the cure, or somehow takes the cure to save Elena in some way.

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY, Calla Lily! Damon gets the cure.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crazy episode! Might have to watch it a bunch more times to absorb it all lol

I don’t care if Bonnie comes back to life or not. They can always find a new witch. I want Alaric back more than Bonnie. Even would take Jeremy or Lexi over Bonnie.

Is Damon going to give the cure to Elena…I’m guessing so but I doubt Elena is going to be the one to take it in the end. How boring would that be. Not very shocking at all.

I like this edgier darker Elena. Hope she sticks around. I still don’t want Katherine to be killed off. I really hope that doesn’t happen.

Matt and Rebekah were super cute. Don’t want Kol to be the one to come back permanently but given the Originals spin-off that is totally possible.

There wasn’t room to deal with any of Elena’s feelings for Damon and Stefan in this episode which was understandable given the circumstances but I’m really looking forward to next week to see how it all goes down.

It seems like we should finally get a Damon and Elena romance here, either that or Elena takes a break and chooses herself (with hopefully Delena being end game). It would be a bit ironic that Damon and Elena finally get together just when Ian and Nina break up in real life. Crazy!

Comment by sls – May 9, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey sis,

I would prefer Alaric returning over Bonnie also. I loved Alaric and Damon’s chemistry. But I do think Bonnie will be the one that comes back from the dead permanently.

I wish someone would stake Kol for good. He is so annoying. I loved the grave scene with Elena and Jeremy. That was pretty sad.

It seemed to me that once Elena saw Jeremy the old Elena returned in her entirety so now that she is completely back, is the sire bond back since all her emotions have returned or is it gone for good? Because depending on the answer to that question will determine whether Damon or Stefan takes the cure. If she professes her love for Damon will he believe her? If not, he will be the one to take the cure to be sure. If Damon believes here then I think Stefan will take it. To me Damon is kind of obvious because it happened to him in the books and the show is different from the books.

It appears that Matt and Rebekah are going to have a romantic moment next week. She kisses him. Klaus and Caroline will be saying good-bye also.

I can totally tell Damon is going to be Elena’s choice especially after Alaric said “go get the girl”. It has been confirmed that she will not be choosing herself. It will be one of the brothers. JP said it would be a close to permanent choice (yeah right).

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi Cathy O., where was that confirmed? I honestly think that is a big mistake. I would like to see Elena and Damon explore their feelings but I just don’t see how it makes sense right now. So much has happened since she turned vampire and lost her humanity, that I just don’t see how she can jump back into a relationship with either brother. That’s just not believable to me. But I should know better I know.

Comment by Fran – May 10, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that once the sire bond is broken, it’s broken. I could be wrong, but it would so ridiculous of them to reinstate it after they broke it.

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It was not technically broken, only “on hold” because it was tied with her emotions and her emotions were “turned off”. So, unfortunately, it could be back now that she has grieved and gotten her full emotions back.

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think she is going to choose Damon also. I think her choice is going to be mixed in with the whole cure thing. I think you’re right. Now that all her feelings are back on the sire bond may still be in place but will become irrelevant once Damon takes the cure. Then again…who knows with this show!

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t want Stefan and Caroline together. I really like their friendship. They better not ruin it by making them a couple (even though they really look good together).

Comment by Kit – May 9, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Stefan and Caroline getting together. I don’t think they’d ruin anything if they did it right. Although, knowing TVD, they’d probably try to turn it into a love triangle, which I definitely do not want. Stefan and Caroline deserve better than that. I’d like to see Stefan genuinely move on from Elena and realize that somewhere along the way he developed feelings for Caroline.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – May 9, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • umm, I think they would ruin my ability to keep watching this show! Elena and Stefan had a serious, serious relationship. Caroline is one of Elena’s best friends. Caroline has been rooting for Elena and Stefan the whole time. Caroline already slept with Damon – who is Stefan’s brother. A Caroline+Stefan relationship is wrong on so many levels! even if Elena starts really dating Damon, and even if Stefan and Elena are over each other, how can you expect anyone to be okay with this situation?? it’s not right. guys and girls are perfectly capable of being just friends in real life, and I wish tv shows would start to recognize this.

also, isn’t anyone else weirded out by the fact that the brothers continually share love interests? (okay, I know it’s only been, like, twice, but still) I know they’ve mentioned it themselves before, but this really needs to stop. if I were in that situation, I know I would feel extremely awkward. I don’t want Caroline to join that club.

Comment by kbro – May 10, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God I still don’t get why the show kills do many great characters hopefully they find a way to keep Ric,Jeremy,Lexie around and send Kol to the original spinoff

Comment by Ggny – May 9, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, how much do I despise this show. That’s all I have to say!

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – May 9, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yet ur username is bonniefan and ure on a VD recap? lol

Comment by anil – May 9, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe she’s a fan of Bonnie Hunt? I really liked her in Cheaper by the Dozen.

Comment by WTactualF – May 10, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL! Your comment seriously made me laugh. Not that I didn’t like Cheaper By The Dozen…but still. The way I read it, it sounded very smartass. :)

Comment by Emily – May 10, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it! I need more Jeremy/Alaric/Kol in my life… I mean, I really only watch the show for the beautiful people. Ha ha.

But please no Stefan/Caroline romance. She’s already slept with enough people in Mystic Falls.

Comment by Babybop – May 9, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hold on. Are Bonnie and Kat still linked?

Comment by waitasec – May 10, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was wondering the same thing. Caroline/Silas told Bonnie to release Katherine (or the spell binding Katherine) because Katherine was being attacked by Elena and it was hurting Bonnie. I guess we are to assume that Bonnie did release her as I don’t think we saw Katherine again after Stefan kept Elena from trying to kill her. She would have still been close by had Bonnie not broken the spell, at least in theory.
      I’m going to be really annoyed if Katherine is dead, both because I love her character and because that would mean the writers didn’t do her death enough justice as far as storytelling goes.

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I re watched the episode. Caroline/Silas asks Bonnie if she is okay and Bonnie says, “Yes, now that I have unlinked her.” So for sure they were not linked when Bonnie died.

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Bonnie unlinked herself from Kat.

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else not getting email updates for this thread? I never got a “subscribe” email this time so I keep having to come back to check comments. Is it just me?

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am not getting them either for some reason. I just keep checking back.

Comment by Cathy O. – May 10, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • okay Cathy O. Man that is annoying! I need my updates :)

Comment by sls – May 10, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An article on E! is reporting that Bonnie will stay dead throughout the end of the season, so I wonder if the death-that-won’t-stick will just be carried over to the next season or will be solved by the end of the finale. Either way, I’m rooting for an Alaruc revival, no matter how unlikely.

Comment by Faster – May 10, 2013 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Riiiiiiiiicccccccccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want him back so badly it hurts.

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok tonight’s ep jumped the shark. I was all for seeing Lexi and Alaric and Jeremy (so Elena could finally get some freaking closure and be back to her usual self), but lifting the veil brings back ppl and their problems, TVD spends weeks dealing with and solving problems, just so they can resurface later? . Like the hunters, didnt we solve that already?! And now just like that they are back with the same agenda…and kol with the revenge on Elena… And rebekah with her ex… This is all tiresome and annoying.

I can’t stand how they portray Bonnie. She has got to be the worst witch ever in supernatural tv show history. I wanna know exactly why she never thinks things through, huh?

I still have hope Caroline will go to New Orleans with Klaus. To me they just go together.

Idk what to expect for next week… But tonight was disappointing.

Comment by Jenny – May 10, 2013 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they get rid of Bonnie, I will not be watching anymore!!! Bonnie is one of the main characters in the VD books but yet on the show they treat her different. Hmmm… I wonder why?? It don’t take a genius to figure out why.

Comment by Bright – May 10, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t go over and read what Eonline wrote about Bonnie. :(

Comment by Kelly – May 10, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Bonnie in the books. She is awesome and different and Damon’s little redbird hehe. I hope they keep her and I hope they make her more like book Bonnie I would love that.

Comment by Delenaforever26 – May 10, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Out of all the episodes in all the seasons, This one was my favorite.. Seeing such loved characters who are no longer on the show was beautiful. Love. Bonnie, will be back.

Comment by Danielle – May 10, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eonline is saying that she is dead for sure and will stay that way.

Comment by Kelly – May 10, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode was not good. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was terrible, but more like a snooze fest.

I actually like Elena as a vampire if she can just fun some middle ground between psychotic murderer and simpering whiner.

I like Stephan on his own. I think he becomes a bore when he’s around Elena. He deserves more adventure and a new live interest. He and Caroline work well together and there is chemistry there.

What happened to Damon??? He’s become such a bore lately.

And Bonnie? What a selfish c u next Tuesday. Kinda hope she stays dead.

Comment by WTactualF – May 10, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Stefan moving on, but I like Caroline and Stefan as friends only. If we can’t have Lexi back, it’s the next best thing.

Comment by Tee – May 10, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So E!online is saying that Bonnie is definitely dead and will stay that way. How is it that they know for sure? If so, that’s too bad. But maybe the actress wanted off the show?
    I think this may mean that Jeremy is coming back. She sacrificed herself to bring Jeremy back.

Comment by Sara – May 10, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it necessarily means she will be gone for sure, E just said that she will stay dead thru the end of this season. That’s why I wonder if she is the one death they keep saying won’t stick, because they never really said if that would be resolved by the end of this season. But Bonnie just can’t go away permanently – all the storylines revolve around her saving everyone with her powers. And it’s not like they just have another witch lying around – Grams is dead, Bonnie’s mom is a vamp, and Caroline killed 12 others earlier this season…

Comment by Faster – May 10, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think Catherine is the ‘major death’ in the finale, and i think Damon will turn human but Damon doesn’t want to be human so wouldn’t he just drink vampire blood and die to become a vampire again? i think bonnie will stay dead and when they close the veil Jeremy will stay and then everyone will realise bonnie sacrificed herself , I really want Alaric, Kol and Lexi back! too many good characters are being killed :(

Comment by karp – May 10, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK ALARIC!!!! ALSO LEXIE!!! JEREMY AND BONNIE CAN GO OFF INTO THE LIGHT TOGETHER.

Comment by andrea – May 10, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew this BS was going to happen!! I am so scorched earth… Bonnie was the only thing I was rooting for but no again the writers make her weak and all up Elena’s a**! Jeremy died so let that b**ch cry already.. They just couldn’t have a powerful witch left behind so they had to kill her off. This show is dead to me. X_X

Comment by windterr – May 10, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only person who thinks that the way they killed Silas was way too easy and that he’s almost certainly not dead at all?

I really loved seeing Alaric again, I’m still gutted that they killed him off. I know it’s unlikely, but I hope they bring him back permanently, Damon needs his BFF!

I don’t want Damon to take the cure, I don’t see any reason why he would want to and I think he’d lose his bad-boy personality, so that would just be lame. I could see Stefan maybe taking it, he seems more like he would actually enjoy being human.

Comment by Muffin – May 10, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Bonnie doesn’t come back because Kat wanted off the show. Not sure why, I just always got a vibe from her tweets that she’d rather be doing something else (probably focusing on her music).

Re: what someone said about JP always having the triangle stick around…woof. I used to be a huge SE shipper, but now I could really just care less. Elena’s character has been ruined for me and the triangle thing has become so tired. I hope Stefan moves on (ideally with Katherine for me!). It really doesn’t matter to me what happens with Elena or Damon.

Finally, keep Alaric! Keep Alaric! Out of all the ghosts this is the one I would love to see stick around. I miss him so much it hurts.

SIGH, I MISS S1 and S2.

Comment by Mariah – May 10, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. They have ruined Elena’s character and both brothers are more dull when they are with her. They all need to step back for awhile. There could still be so many good storylines that could be told while the triangle takes a backseat for awhile. But I think we all know better than that.

Comment by Julie – May 10, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to see Bonnie go. But it should mean all would be in vain if she didn’t call Jeremy back. But it would be even better if all of those that came back last night were back for Good. Cole is an Original so he can go to New Orleans and pop in on Vampire Diaries once in a while. Alaric can be back for Damon and Jeremy be back for Elena. I’d love if Lexi could be back also. That would undo Damon killing her.
    If Jeremy is back then it would make sense that Elena would then want to take the cure because she has someone to live for now.

Comment by Gerald – May 10, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No cure please. Weak and weepy Elena sucks keep her a vampire.

Comment by BrianR – May 10, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love that Alaric is back (temporarily). His bromance with Damon is my favorite.

And good riddance to Bonnie. I always hated her character.

Comment by Liz – May 10, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post