NBC Cleans House, Cancels Whitney, 1600 Penn, Up All Night, Guys With Kids and More

NBC Cancelled Shows A major house cleaning is underway at NBC.

The network has axed 1600 Penn, Guys With Kids, Up All Night and Whitney — with more cancellations expected later today.

They join previously cancelled Peacock series Deception, Animal Practice and Do No Harm.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Thursday’s bloodbath.

Which cancellation are you more bummed about?!

1. Julio says:

Going to miss Guys with kids.

2. Bev Cole says:

I’m in Australia and desperate to see another season of ‘Smash’. Can’t believe it’s even in jeopardy. So many iconic shows have been slow to warm and become classics. I think Smash is one of these. Timeless content and a haven in a sea of slash and dice shows.

3. Miranda says:

R.I.P. Whitney :’( It was a great show! At least we got a good rap up on the season finale.

4. meatwad says:

1600 Penn and Guys with Kids grew on me and i thought that maybe Guys would survive. I know i’m one of the few but i loved Whitney, i already watch so few shows on NBC and now the list is even smaller

5. Volcfom says:

Whitney’s cancellation was inevitable after the shortened season, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less! A bunch of my shows are ending or getting the axe this season, but this one I don’t agree with.

6. jc says:

Really bummed about Whitney getting cancelled. Made me laugh every week. They cancel shows to replace them with new shows that NBC will just cancel next year, or more likely by mid-season. Endless cycle of network executive stupidity.

7. schmoe says:

I liked Whitney, but I thought season 2 wasn’t as good as it could have been. There were a few Whitney shows late in the season where it felt like they were going through the motions. While the side kick characters were fleshed out better this season, the show still didn’t give them enough screen time to be meaningful. I also wonder if Whitney (the writer/actress , not the show) wore herself thin by working on three different shows in one capacity or another at the same time. I also think its difficult for writers on the shows that are on the cancellation fence to plan intermediate to long term story and character development.

8. Sue Eastman says:

I’m not enamored with any of the NBC programming. It’s all the same format. I’m disturbed about Leno however and will not watch the Tonight Show when he leaves. Too bad network exec’s never see any of the posts! They rely on a fanny smooching posse for their intel.

9. Demi says:

Why cancel programmes half way throo the season…. Whitney was a great show and there was no warnin of it gettin cancelled! Terrible!

10. Katie says:

I am so pissed Go On got the ax. It was the best show of last year!!! How can we bring it bac!

11. Starr says:

I’m SUPER BUMMED Whitney is cancelled!!! It was one of the few shows my boyfriend and I would agree on watching together!! It had great dynamics between the characters and despite the craziness that Whitney was suppose to be, it showed more realistic views on how relationships can be. Plus, I thought they were both funny and quick witted! Fox or someone else should quickly pick this back up!! Please!!

12. April Q says:

I will not be watching NBC anymore, every show that has potential gets canceled! Guys with kids was a great show and animal practice was hilarious, I’m an animal lover and I saw nothing wrong with the show. I can’t belive NBC let Peta punk them into to canceling the show. I guess shows like the Law and Order Franchise exploiting children and women being killed and raped is more acceptable!!!

13. carrie says:

I am done with NBC. Every time they have a good show or concept they screw it up. Get your crap together. I am tired of beginning to like a show only to have it get canceled. Stop changing show days as well NBC. People have shows that they watch regularly, and if you move a decent show to one of those days… numbers will drop. Common sense. Whitney was great, and Up All Night had a great start, but you made too many changes early into the show. You guys suck!!!

14. Geo says:

SUPER BUMMED OUT ABOUT WHITNEY!
    We LOVE this show, we hope that they can make it back for a 3rd Season! It was just getting good! COME BACK WHITNEY!

15. nicageo says:

WHITNEY AND UP ALL NIGHT!
    BRING THEM BACK, THEY ARE GREAT SHOWS!

16. nadenl says:

I really think they need to cancel the way ratings are assessed. NBC evidently has no idea how or when to schedule shows to put them on a path to success. Sunday was not a fit for Crisis or Believe. They also did not run either weekly and that turns the viewer off. Very unprofessional! Why would any network want to tease viewers and then cancel before any ending happens. PATHETIC is the only word I can think of right now.

17. CHIKI says:

NO Whitney NO :-(

18. Cheryl McConnell says:

Please save “Believe”. Best show in a long time!!