Homeland Bumps F. Murray Abraham, Sarita Choudhury to Series Regulars for Season 3

Homeland F. Murray Abraham and Sarita Choudhury will be series regulars when Homeland returns for its third season.

The actors, who played Dar Adal and Saul’s estranged wife Mira in Season 2, have been promoted from guest-star status, Hitfix reports.

RELATED | Homeland Exclusive: Diego Klattenhoff Not Returning as Series Regular in Season 3

Both characters tie into Saul’s storyline, which may get more play now that he’s been named acting director of the CIA. Further, the site reports, Adal’s retired black-ops specialist may be brought out of retirement to help beef up the agency, which lost so many operatives in an Abu Nazir-masterminded explosion.

Abraham’s other recent TV work includes The Good Wife, Elementary and Louie. British actress Choudry has appeared on The Good Wife, Law & Order and 100 Centre Street, among others.

Homeland returns to Showtime on Sept. 29.

1. Jacob says:

She’s Saul’s estranged wife. This makes it sound like she’s Dar Adal’s wife. Still, very exciting.

2. Factchecker says:

Doesn’t Sarita Choudhury play Saul’s on-screen wife, Mira? Story makes it sound like she’s Dar Adal’s wife.

3. Superhero says:

Anything that gives Mandy Patinkin more to do is welcomed.

4. Valerie says:

Will Rupert Friend be back as regular for S3 too? I really hope so.

5. maxisos says:

You forgot to mention that F Murray Abraham is an Oscar winner..so technically this is big..though true his career went to the toilet after he won..still great casting

6. Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing
    the other person’s web site link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar for you.

7. Emily says:

I’m still reeling from the fact that they downgraded David Marciano. If there ever was a time Carrie needed Virgil…

• Sara says:

Ooh haven’t heard that :(. I really liked David that I followed him & watched his SVU episode……stalker alert!

• Britta Unfiltered says:

What??? No more Virgil?? I’m devastated! I hadn’t heard that news. :(

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

So, so excited about F. Murray Abraham. I just love him as an actor, and was disappointed they used him so little last year. I read the headline wrong though and thought the word “bumped” meant he got bumped off the show, haha. Big sigh of relief when I read the story.

9. iamamiwhoami says:

But what about RUPERT FRIEND? Peter Quinn was an awesome character!

10. heLLpaso says:

Pretty sure as soon as S3 ended the EP’s said Quinn will be back.

11. Marcie Caplan says:

Please bring me Brody. It sounds as if he is not going to appear for awhile.

12. Alejandrina says:

You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be actually something that I believe I might
    by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated
    and extremely huge for me. I am looking forward on your next post, I will attempt to
    get the grasp of it!