Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Storm Watch 2013

Grey's Anatomy Arizona CheatsThe hurricane that rages outside Grey Sloan Memorial in Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy has nothing on the one that blows through the hospital itself after Alex brings in an unconscious Jason and says — gulp! — “Make sure he doesn’t die.” Is Alex about to trade in his surgical scrubs for prison stripes? Read on and find out!

WHODUNIT | Just as Mer and Cristina are laying into Alex for being dumb enough to open a can of whupass on Jason, Jo admits that she was actually the one who beat the crap out of her abusive boyfriend. Later, determined to protect the object of his affection, Alex blackmails Jason into not pressing charges. At the end of the episode, he’s even poised to (finally!) admit why he’s so protective of her… when the hurricane knocks a tree through the window! (Dammit, Mother Nature!)

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames Including Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, Community, Revenge and More!

KID STUFF | While Owen leans more and more toward adopting Ethan, Cristina notices a blood clot in his father’s brain that, once removed by Derek and Heather, allows him at last to wake up. “Yay,” Cristina expects Owen to say. But instead, all he does is order Paul transferred to another hospital, stat.

SEASON’S CHEATINGS | After Arizona and Lauren make googly eyes at one another during surgery, Callie’s wife reminds her pursuer that… well, she’s Callie’s wife. But, as soon as a blackout turns off the lights, they’re not only playing tonsil hockey but tearing off each other’s lab coats!

MAMMA MIA | Mer (understandably) freaks when she takes a nasty spill. But luckily, Fetus is still A-okay. In fact, he’s so A-okay that, as the hour is coming to a close, Mer’s water breaks — he’s ready to make his big entrance! (Well, exit, technically… )

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy‘s New Interns Are Sticking Around — But For How Long?

SCRUB IN OR GET OUT | Shane’s thrilled to be chosen to work with Bailey… until he realizes that she’s so scared of operating now that all she wants to do is paperwork. Finally, Richard pulls rank on her, for her own good, and orders her back to the OR.

DANCE BREAK | With the help of a flash mob and The Proclaimers’ “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles),” Matthew proposes to April. (Watch video below.) Of course, as they embrace following her ecstatic yes, she locks eyes with Jackson. So you just know this is gonna end well…

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Did you think Alex had beaten up Jason? Were you surprised that Arizona cheated on Callie? Can Owen and Cristina’s marriage survive his obsession with becoming a father? Sound off below!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Sarabi says:

I can understand why Arizona cheated, but poor Callie. She really can’t catch a break. :(

• Arizonafan says:

I just hope Arizona redeems her character! Hopefully she tells Callie that Callie’s too good to take her back and that Arizona isn’t worthy of her (at the moment ;) They can resolve slowly next season hopefully)

2. Ani says:

I wonder if they are working towards callie and own being together, like they were in the alternate reality episode, where mer was shiny and happy. I love christina and owen, but as someone who definitely wants kids, I sympathise with owen and if he were with callie they could have a bunch of babies and be awesome parents :)

• Arizonafan says:

ahhh that would be so weird. Callie is meant for Arizona. I don’t know why the Teddy-Owen situation didn’t work out…. it seemed like a good match and was a good way to get Owen and Cristina broken up – something that needs to be done because IF Cristina ever changes her attitude towards children it would alter her character waaaay to much

3. Arizonafan says:

I also have mixed feelings about Jo and Alex. As much as I like her, in the end she is very much a rip-off of Izzie Stevens. Izzie was Alex’s person and I think everyone can agree that once a character has their person it’s very hard to find a replacement.
    Shonda’s show teaches us about giving second chances, sometimes even thirds, and yet because of a dispute between Katherine Heigl and Shonda Rhimes, Izzie’s character has been completely written out of the show – but never quite forgotten. Why can’t Shonda forgive? Katherine has expressed interest in returning and I truly honestly believe that she belongs with Alex. Shonda, if you are not able to follow some of the guiding principles behind your show, it makes it hard to believe the sincerity of your writing. Bring Iz back!!

4. Casandra says:

Shoda really rip off my heart by letting Arizona cheated on Callie.I’m so shocked and so sad. This was way out of Arizona’s character.They had been through so much together and why on earth Arizona cheated at this time where she had just reconnected with Callie and everything seems OK to them and now cheating….My heart is broken but I still love Shoda’s show.

5. kylie says:

It really bugs me when people call Derek Shepherd self-righteous just because he believes in doing what is right. Plus, in this episode, don’t you think that Derek was seeing things in the grey more? He was saying that everyone deserves the right to report it, regardless of gender or whatever happened. He is a good guy, don’t get why everyone comes down on him for it..

6. proxy says:

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I have worked difficult on. Any recommendations?

7. sophie says:

I think Matthew’s proposal was so sweet and April looked genuinely happy..(And somewhere in the Universe Marshall and Ted will be ecstatic due to the proposal song choice!!!)

8. Arizonafan says:

bring back Kim Raver! Teddy and Owen actually work together…. it never made sense for him to be with Cristina and now their time is up!!

9. megan says:

No one will probably read this but I’ve been catching up on the recaps today….
    Anyway, regarding Jo being at fault for assaulting Jason.. She grew up with no mother or father. No rules. Nothing. So, before you call her ‘crazy’ you should take that into consideration.She had to defend herself all her life. When someone gets aggressive with her it sparks the bad memories of something probably even worse than getting hit. (Wish they would have given us a clue as to what) BUT Alex DOES light into her about it. He tells her to stop acting like a ‘lowlife’. I still believe Jason is 100% at fault for even TOUCHING her but yes she should have called for help after he hit the fireplace. My point is Alex told her she needed to act like an adult in the situation. She got it. She was just scared and her natural instincts in that situation kicked in. (We did get MANY clues all season that Jason was a douche) Alex was very scared for her life after he found Jason. Scared she might be going to jail and was trying to protect her. Anyway, the scene where he confronts her was perfect. All the emotions came out and we as the audience realize these two are meant to be. So I get it and I don’t think Jo was crazy. I think these two will balance each other out and be really good together.