Glee Season 4 Finale Recap: So Long, Farewell. It's Regionals! Goodbye. [Updated]

Glee Season FinaleQuick, grab ahold of your head and stop it from spinning!

Now, are you ready to discuss the Season 4 finale of Glee? Good, because on tonight’s menu we’ve got a very big exit, a wedding, a breakup, the revelation of a massive (if not particularly well-concealed) secret and the musical stylings of Jessica Flippin’ Sanchez. (Side Note: Jessica’s new song “Gentlemen,” from her Me, You & The Music CD, is in my humble opnion, the most radio-ready single to come from an Idol grad’s debut album in the history of the Fox reality franchise. Ch-ch-check it out on iTunes, yo!)

RELATED | Fox Renews Glee — But There’s a Twist!

OK, with that Idoloonie-approved sales plug out of the way, let’s cut to the major plot points from the Season 4 finale, “All or Nothing.”

RACHEL! | Dial 9-1-1, because The Lady Berry absolutely murdered Celine Dion’s “To Love You More” (in the best possible way) at her Funny Girl callback. And then…well, as the song “War” goes, absolutely nothing (say it again!). Nope, the action never returned to our misty-eyed NYADA freshman or her big Broadway dreams. And while that may have seemed a little too cruel for fans of Lea Michele, it certainly sets up a cliffhanger-type situation going into Season 5.

BRITTANY! | As teased in last week’s promos, the finale began with Brittany getting her early acceptance to MIT (that’s Massachusetts Institute for Technology, not the Miami Institute for Tumbling, bee tee dubs). MIT’s dean declared Ms. Pierce had scribbled something in crayon on the back of her math test that might be “the most important scientific breakthrough of the 21st century,” leading to a text-message breakup with Sam (you can’t text-message breakup!), Brittany’s dramatic farewell to the Cheerios, New Directions and William McKinley High School and a Sam-calling-Santana plea for help. After a chat with Santana, Brittany admitted to burning her bridges as a way to cope with the fact that MIT wanted her to leave Lima immédiatement — and her needing to jump on it before the invite got revoked. Does this mean that a pregnant Heather Morris won’t be back in Season 5? As my colleague Michael Ausiello teased in his Ask Ausiello column earlier this week…actually, why not just click this link for that intel? Anyhow…Brittany gave a sweet farewell speech in the pre-performance circle at Regionals, but it looks like she’s indeed Boston-bound.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

CATFISHING! | Sweet, sweet, sweet Marley took the fall for The Catfishing of Ryder Lynn (a future Lifetime movie), but only to protect her pal Unique. But friendship’s a two-way street, and Unique eventually ‘fessed up to her trickery. Ryder didn’t punch her in the face, but said he’d never speak to her again. So what about that post-Regionals celebratory hug?

MARRIAGE! | Will and Emma got married — in the choir room — right at episode’s end! (Glad those two crazy kids made it work, and glad to see Jayma Mays, who killed it all season with limited screentime.) And despite his moon-eyed teenage dream of marrying Kurt, Blaine held off on a proposal (after Sam tried to talk him out of it, and that nice lesbian couple down at the jewelry shop agreed to be his relationship spirit animals, or something to that effect). The ladies (Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter) got engaged, though. And Blaine had a ring in a box — what’s he gonna do with it? The moral of the story: Everybody loves Breadstix.

REGIONALS! | New Directions pulled off the win, despite stiff competition from the Hoosierdaddies and their powerful little sprite Frida Romero. Damn that Jessica Sanchez’s voice came right through the TV screen and slapped me upside the head. Can she maybe enroll in NYADA in the fall? Yes, please!

LETTER GRADES FOR TONIGHT’S PERFORMANCES
Rachel: Celine Dion’s “To Love You More” | Grade: A+
Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies: Zedd feat. Foxes’ “Clarity” | Grade: B+
Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies: Little Mix’s “Wings” | Grade: A
Guys of New Directions: The Script’s “Hall Of Fame” | Grade: A-
Ladies of New Directions: Icona Pop’s “I Love It” | Grade: C+ (love this song, but why so much Auto-Tune on this cover?)
Marley, Blaine and New Directions: “All or Nothing” | Grade: B

BEST ZINGERS
Brittany comparing Joe to a “Yucatan Sweater Monkey”

“Nobody’s going to admit it — for fear of being murdered.” –Kitty, casting a side-eye at Ryder’s angry demands to know who was the Catfishing perpetrator

“He wants to do me, but we’re just friends.” –Sam talking about Blaine to the nice jewelry-store lady

“It smells like someone poured chardonnay on a homeless woman who’d been dead several days.” –Sue, dissing Brittany’s fondue

“Just in case you’re wondering, Michael Bolton is a fantastic lover.” –Sue, admitting who’s the father of her child

“My name’s Joe.” –Joe, after Brittany bade farewell to him as “Jim”

And on that note, I turn things over to you. What did you think of “All or Nothing”? Which story arcs made you happy and which ones left you scratching your head? Are you going to be stressing all summer over the Rachel cliffhanger? And will you miss Brittany if she doesn’t return? Sound off in the comments! And for all the Glee news, commentary and spoilers your heart desires, follow @TVLine on Twitter!

1. Rochelle says:

Jessica Sanchez’s talent was wasted. They could have done so much with her. And the song choices for her were terrible! It did not showcase her voice at all.

• Jamie says:

Wings is an awesome song. Better than anything on Me, You and The Music except for Drive By. Little Mix are flawless, and they’ll be huge someday (not that they aren’t in the UK already, but it’s only a matter of time before their hard results in them cracking America )

• Timmah says:

+1 Give her a couple of obscure songs, and don’t even let her have a real character on the show. As a Jessica fan, I was disappointed to say the least.

2. Connie says:

I’m sure this is pretty random but can we please get rid of Nene Leakes, why does she have to scream all the time!!!

3. dan says:

Too bad Jessica Sanchez can’t stick around for next season. I’m almost interested in the unique Ryder relationship, so I’m not sure if I’ll miss his departure.

4. Louis says:

I think it was a horrible freaking episode. They made it seem like Brittany was leaving but obviously she will be bac after she gives birth. I don’t like the newbies at all. They should focus on New York cause that was the most interesting part this season. Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge GLEEK but the “new” in new directions is horrible. Except for Blaine and trouty mouth Sam of course :) and where was Finn ???? Ugh I hAted the episode. Just my opinion so don’t hate me y’all :-)

5. Angel says:

Well at least they finally let Will and Emma get married, and their vows were very sweet, very them. I wish they would’ve said something about Finn, like he has finals, and can’t be here or something to that affect, his absence was noticed, especially when Rachel was killing that song. It felt like she was singing it for him or something, so much emotion behind, I am so hoping for a Finchel reunion next season. Rachel was the bomb tonight, none of the other performances lived up to what she did in the first scenes. The stupid all boy choir ruined Kermit’s song for me…I had to fast forward it….it was that terrible. Don’t screw with Kermit the Frog and the Muppets, It was almost as bad as the Billy Joel cover from the other week.

6. Callum says:

I’m in shock of how the New Directions won over the Hoosierdaddies. “Hall of Fame” was OK, but “I Love It” and “All or Nothing” honestly sucked. I’m addicted to “Clarity” and “Wings”, on the other hand.

7. LilAngel says:

disappointing for a season finale. And I still think that the McKinley side makes no sense. I hoped during the whole episode that we will be showing more of the NYC side, in vain. The best performances are made by Lea Michele and the best storylines are on that part of the show and we have just one scene during the season finale, that’s harsh

8. Robbie says:

This whole car fishing storyline was so stupid and icky. It was obviously Unique. Um pretty sure it’ll make people even more transphobic.

9. Robbie says:

That hug between Ryder and Unique at the end? Is it possible that the writers are building on a possible romance for next season? I would be so disgusted. Not for any transphobic reasons, but because Ryder is a victim to this lying manipulative creep! Unique was actually such a cool and empowering role model character before they turned her into a desperate pathetic predatory loser. If this is the writers’ way of building these two as a potential couple, then I’m beyond offended and officially over this crap show.

10. fb says:

typical glee — a couple of good performances sprinkled in among too many plot lines, and lots of unexplained ridiculousness. finn doesn’t even show for regionals and no one even mentions him? joe and sugar suddenly reappear — but still don’t really do anything (why did they even introduce those characters?). seniors tina and artie get NO storyline in the finale and no feature/solo at regionals — or even a conversation about it? yuck. we’ve waited and waited for emma and will to tie the knot, and then we get a couple of minutes in the choir room and that’s it? the blaine/kurt story just bores me now, and it seems to bore kurt as well.

on the positive side, rachel knocked that celine dion song out of the park. yeah, it’s totally unrealistic that that’s what she’d be singing at a callback, but glee is so rarely realistic. if that’s the standard of measurement, none of us would enjoy glee. my goodness, brittany getting into MIT and being the most important mathematical mind in the last century is supposed to be realistic?!! btw, way too much time on that ridiculous storyline.

re: spinoff. they really have a problem trying to use so many actors and two venues. in general, that would be a challenge. but having new york and broadway in the picture makes mckinley seem small and trivial — the exact thing they can’t do if they want to keep having stories there! don’t know if there would be enough fans to have a spinoff, but they need to do something. the current set up is a mile wide and an inch thick.

11. U can't handle the truth says:

The worst Glee finale ever! Everything was predictable and boring. What was was suppose to be the shocking ending? There was basically no cliff hanger. Nobody cares if Rachel got the Broadway play or not. No one cares the Blaine and Kurt Got engaged or not. Why oh why did they renewed the show in for two season. Put it out of its misery already!

12. Pascal Topige says:

I think the episode was above average for a quite an uneven season. It is finale material but so far away from last season finale and the well established finale format of Glee.
    I really liked the way they handled Rachel’s audition story line. It was subtle and just enough focus. It felt weird not spending much time with her in NYC but her performance just counter-balanced the whole thing and the “we’ll let you know” part just highlighted that it wasn’t over and that the rest is saved for next year. Also, for once, her finale story line is not Finn bound which is great individualism material in a season that put too much focus on characters as part of a couple. Also, the 4 minutes long scene was a way to say that the show is still about McKinley and not only Rachel and NYADA.
    The Unique-Ryder thing was more than obvious and I think everyone saw it coming. However it was handle properly because in the end it is a way to point out how two person may connect in a spiritual and intellectual level without letting the “physique” interfere. Most importantly, it opens a doors for next season about what will Ryder do about it? Knowing that the person he learned to love and care for over words is Unique, the boy he himself treated as weird because he couldn’t understand his sexual identity. It also gives more depth to the Unique character and hopefully help people understand the perks of being a girl trapped in a boy’s body.
    Blaine really went through several highs and lows this season and the final wedding bell blues was way too much. However, the lesbian couple parallel somehow explained the situation in Blaine’s perspectives even though it still looks a little weak and repetitive for a storyline and a season arc. Even if they are star crossed lovers, I really would appreciate seeing Kurt evolve more as a single person in NYC and meet knew people and live a little before getting engaged to his high school lover. Vice versa.
    Brittany will be missed. I really hoped it wasn’t her the one to be leaving the show for season 5 but it somehow makes sense. Apart from Morris being pregnant, Brittany being Boston bound gives less screen time opportunity for her next year. It is true that she can’t stay in Lima forever and not everyone gets to be in NYC. Some has to go far away from home like in real life and on that note, I think it is a nice effort towards realism from the writers. Even if Glee is known for giving series regular status to people who feature less than reccuring characters in a season (aka Jessalyn Gilsig as Terry or Mike O’malley as Burt in season two or most of the graduated students this season), it will be better for Morris to go guest starring next year and have Britanny away like Quinn, and comeback for two or three memorable episodes with nice storylines than coming back half a season with less screen time than Sugar or the piano guy like Mike and Mercedes this year. She really is going to be missed on that show and I really appreciate that they made this finale special for the character. Nice farewell.
    Finally, WEMMA getting hitched was the real suprise of this finale. Mays was exceptional as usual and it gave closure to one of the season’s best storylines. Hope, next season, her appearances will be as interesting as this year’s. Really have the feeling that actors gets better storyline when they go reccuring guest on that show. Looking forward to Heather Morris next year.
    Well, this season 4 of Glee really was the weakest of all and it really felt messy and unsettling in the shows continuity and format. However we got to meet new characters that are suprisingly interesting and half the storylines were “OK”. Which saved the season would mainly be the bunch of greatly dramatic episodes, for instance “The break up”, “Thansgiving”, “I do”, “Shooting star”, “Lights out”, or some remarkable performances by the main and guest cast. Hopefully season 5 will be less scattered and uneven now that the newbies are settled and the grieving over the old Glee is practically done. Fingers crossed.

• Shan says:

I hope next year they find a balance, having interactions with their rivals are always fun, Emma/Will be mentors again would be nice, Emma as the quirky counselor is always nice. Let Mr. Schue feel like the glee club teacher/ adviser/mentor instead of it feeling like the students have all the reigns. Have new york focus more on the classes/dreams instead of the apartment. If Marley is going to be the strong female vocalist give her a confidence boost please. Her mom can be just as inspirational as Burt.

• JoMarch says:

Does anyone read a long post like this; I take a look at the length and scroll past. You might want to get your own blog if you have so much to say.

13. JB says:

To start the night, I was shocked by the AMERICAN IDOL results ~ then I was shocked, yet again, at GLEE’s (so called) season finale. Tough night for FOX !!

14. Tommyo2000 says:

let me start by saying I have never watched Glee before and tuned in to watch Jessica. Dissapointed that she didnt have any lines, but whatever … its a tv show and the story is whatever is in the writers head, but for me a good show or movie is when the story matches the reality of what you are seeing … in my mind her group (Hoosierdaddys) was easily better than the other two groups… The other two group performances were not much better than a real high school performance … I was just at my sons high school concert and it was at that level (heck they might have been better #bias)… jessica’s group was way above the other two and worthy of seeing on a TV show … JMHO … and yes I am a fan of hers, but a realistic one … She seemed excited to be part of the show so I hope that she can join as a regular next year …

• Pam says:

Welcome to glee, the show where New Directions continues to win over clearly superior performers.

• Shan says:

The ND do not always win re-watch pass seasons

• Pam says:

I didn’t say they never lose, I said they continually win over better performances. It’s called reading comprehension!

• SL says:

Aside from this season finale and your opinion of the Glee Club’s performance being less than stellar compared with the other acts, care to provide examples of other performances where Glee won and thought other acts better? I know a few where ND lost and their performances were superior to others.

• SL says:

There were times in episodes that the ND clearly were superior but did not win..

15. Shira says:

How if? Just how if, they do the first half-season of season 5 with Nationals result on McKinley side (along with the graduation, of course) and the rest of the season with NY side with all the new graduates whose choose New York as their next place? Would it more better for all of us, the viewers? Because, for me it is. And I can still love both of sides (originals and newbies) at the same time and did not have to read the hating comments.
    Peace! :D

16. jay says:

With BritBrit gone and Blaine not proposing I suggest Sam switches teams next season.

Oh and Lea should leave to do Funny Girl on broadway, making the series have a point, like when Summer Strallen was in Hollyoaks only to promote The sound of music.

17. Diogo says:

My Cup was definitely the best song in the episode!

18. Don says:

Frida won’t go to NYADA in the fall because she’s only a sophomore. (Besides, “The Fall” is Season 6, which presumably starts in September 2014 – or didn’t you notice that there was no prom and no graduation?)

The question you should be asking is, “Frida moving to Lima and transferring to McKinley in time for nationals?”

• dude says:

Here’s the thing though. I know Glee isn’t the best with continuity but based on the timeline we’re at now for Season 4, the finale took place some time in late March/early April (remember, the end of the Valentine’s Day episode jumped ahead to early March). Would Glee really milk an entire season out of three months? That would also mean they couldn’t do a Christmas special. I think the September-December episodes would probably focus on the last months of the current school-year before jumping ahead in January.

19. RUCookie says:

So Rachel blew that song out of the park. I loved the judges (and the assistants) faces. Dumbfounded to say the least.

I really don’t know what to say about Britanny. I can get behind the silly MIT story only because she will be a short train ride (Boston to NYC) away from Rachel, Santana, Kurt and Arty. I did love that it was she who deduced Sue’s baby daddy (and Will’s face was priceless there).

I was really annoyed with all the quitting last night. I thought it was ridiculous last season when Tina did it. Now we had 2 members quit right before a big show. Immature and irresponsible. And frankly un-characteristic of Britanny. Ryder – who knows – all we know about him is that he is uncomfortable in his own skin.

As for the American Idol alum that everyone was gushing about – I was left unimpressed. It was fine, and that is the best I can say about it.

20. dude says:

People need to stop confusing the word “disappointing” with “horrible.” It was not a horrible episode. in fact, had this been just a regular episode of Glee, this would have been pretty good.

The problem is that this was a season finale and people expect more from a finale. A good finale is surprising, finds satisfying conclusions for storylines and sets up the next season in a way that’s exciting and makes you want to come back. Heather’s farewell was handled really well (for the most part), her speech was very moving and I loved her final “Fondue for Two” segments. Rachel’s performance was amazing, the Will/Emma wedding was well done, it did surprise me as did finding out who Sue’s father was. However, it just didn’t feel like a finale.

This episode suggested next season will be just more of the same. I realize that they’re continuing with the school year so it couldn’t be a total game changer but they could have at least given the episode some feeling of closure. There was only one true cliffhanger while the rest of them felt more like “we could resolve this now…but we’ll just save it for next year.” It wasn’t a bad episode, it just didn’t give people what they’ve come to expect from a finale.

• dude says:

*Sue’s baby’s father I mean.

• Liz says:

I completely agree. I think people (like me) were just upset that the season ended with very little conclusion, which is something you’d expect from any season finale for any show. It kind of was I would imagine a finale to be of a show who was cancelled by the network before they finished a story arc.

21. Shar says:

I’m not really sure if I want sit through another season of glee…

22. Shan says:

I feel like this season is just like Grease 2, it has all the elements of the original and a couple (really exceptional songs), but it never found the same umph as lets say the original. There are ways to balance the stories of both nyc/lima and they just have to find it/utilize it and find nice ways to have the newbies interesting. We see no interaction between the group except in glee club, no interaction outside etc,,

23. John says:

Unique wasnt a shock. However Alex & Blake were great in those scenes. That being said I would have perfered someone like Joe. That would have been a shock and also given so much story for season 5 and something for Samuel Larsen to do.

24. Liz says:

Is it just me or did just feel like a filler episode? Isn’t weird how ND won regionals but they aren’t going to show what happens at nationals? You’d think they didn’t make a single story board for this entire season, resulting in this poor excuse of a season finale, and a lack of a conclusion. It would have been more suited if there were to be 2 or 3 more episodes after it. Also I thought the love triangle between Jake, Marly, and Ryder was a hell of lot more interesting than anything else… and for the Finn thing it would have been nice for the writers to explain his absence but I’m not going to be a stickler about it. Dissapointing

25. cynders says:

Well, after a sucky season 4, and that crap that was the finale I’m done. Nothing was resolved, no interesting story lines were in this season at all. Totally sick of them dividing the time between new york and lima – pick one and stick with it folks! And of course totally unrealistic…. all of it.

26. EJ says:

Oh, arc, I think the word to describe you, then, would be “imbecile.” Check out the reviews online of last night’s Glee. More than a few of them have pointed out how ludicrous Rachel’s “final callback” was. She even had orchestral back-up for it which was beyond laughable. So I think you and Ruby can go sit in the Dunce corner together.

27. Allie C says:

UNIQUE… SURPRISE… not. Rachel is everything. I would’ve sobbed at that cover if I hadn’t been ecstatic that Kree was safe on American Idol. Lea Michele is the most amazing thing ever. I don’t know what’s going on with the rest of the show. #totescray

28. Ross says:

This season has been borderline okay to frustrating. I thought Season 3 was bad, but this one really made me hide the fact that I still watch this show from my friends. So what do you do when your show has been sinking and you need the ratings to improve? You make a spectacular finale. What did Glee do? Make me not want to tune in next season. Thanks for Season 1 and half of Season 2. You were great once upon a time.

29. rhesie says:

What a horrible season finale to end a sub par season 4. This didn’t feel like a season finale. What’s up with Finn, Puck and Quinn? I simply didn’t enjoy it. The songs for sectionals were lame too. The only reason i’d watch season 5 is to see the outcome of Rachel’s final callback.

30. Sorry folks, this was one of the worst episodes of GLEE ever aired, written, acted and otherwise.

When it’s obvious they film scenes in pieces and and out of chronology then we lose suspension of disbelief and all you have is a hodgepodge of a mess.

The songs, except for Rachel’s were horrible, forgettable and simply uninteresting, especially “I Love It”.

Please, trim the fat, tighten up the stories and get back to classic songs that people are familiar with. Glee gets one more chance from me, then it’s curtains if it doesn’t get better.

31. Steve says:

I thought the show was super predictable and boring. I have no desire to watch Glee anymore. The ‘cliff hangers’ seemed ridiculous. The show has gotten way too preachy and way too predictable. I know it was never based in reality but its just jumped the shark…Im pretty sure with the declining ratings that next season will be its last- that way they have more than enough episodes for syndication

32. Betty says:

Blake Jenner NEEDS to be back in season 5!!!

33. JoMarch says:

The writers and Ryan Murphy are so hypocritical. They profess to be anti-bully, but more than 50% of their jokes (more like 75%) come from insults (looking at you, Sue, Kitty, Santa, and last night, Brittney). Not cool.

34. Tom Charles says:

does this mean we can now get rid of Trouty Mouth when he graduates?

35. Alison says:

The whole Brittney goes to MIT storyline clearly shows that the Glee writers believe that their loyal viewers are complete drooling idiots who will accept whatever preposterous drivel they decide crap out and fling their way.

They must just be laughing themselves sick in the writer’s room at them.

36. Inc says:

I’m just quietly going to cry about this whole season, while watching back season 1-3. The seasons that I couldn’t wait till the next episode droped, and I would stay awake at night sp I could see the new episode as soon as it aired (I live across the globe).
    The whole season was a put together of boring episodes that I watched while playing a game on my phone.

37. Boiler says:

All of you complaining about how this was a poor season finale, I am curious what shows you watch that had good finales. Of shows I watch I haven’t seen one yet that really cleans up loose ends and I don’t mind that. The only one that may yet is How I Met Your Mother.

I’m just curious

38. Anne says:

Everybody knew it was Unique…
    And Frida is a sphomore so she can`t be in NYADA next fall (which btw, we don`t know when it will be since season 5 is going to complete this semester… so it`s still going to be march/april).

39. Tinemi says:

IMHO the New Directions (Ryan Murphy) must get Frida Romero (Jessica Sanchez) in their team for next year… there’s your new Rachel! What a voice! Marley is nice but (I can’t even remember her real name) not enough to fill those high knee socks and ballerinas.

40. Fernanda says:

Rachel deserved the cliffhanger, not Blaine

• Bubba says:

There was no cliff hanger- Rachel sang a song and hot looks and a thank you. That’s not a cliff hanger.

41. Ronnie says:

Personally, I’m going miss Fondue for Two.

42. Kobe Busia says:

Ok, so I just saw Glee’s 4th season finale, and you wanna know what I think of it? I thought it was an average finale, in that I’m so relieved that Ryder’s catfish storyline/dilemma was finally resolved, however, I’m disappointed that it turned out to be Unique. I would’ve liked it so much more if it turned out to be Kitty, especially after the way she and Ryder had bonded over their experiences of being molested as little kids, and those were the moments where Kitty seemed more human, and you could actually sympathize with her and understand why she is the way she is. I also loved Rachel’s “Funny Girl’ callback, but I was kinda disappointed that after she was done, they didn’t revert the focus back on her, but at least we have a cliffhanger for the next season. As for Brittany getting accepted into MIT, I have mixed feelings about that storyline; on the 1 hand, her getting accepted was absolutely ridiculous, and incredibly stupid and nonsensical, but on the other hand, her speech right towards the end was so touching and heartfelt, and I saw a sense of humanity in Brittany that I have never seen before. Also, I hate how Sugar and Joe were just at the finale after being inexplicably absent for several episodes in a row, it was dumb how they did that. Oh yeah I almost forgot, I loved Brittany’s reference to her original song from Season 2, “My Cup”, omg, that was cute!

Now here’s the faults I found with this finale; 1st of all, WTF was Blaine thinking, still trying to propose to Kurt, and completely ignoring Burt’s advice?!?!? I appreciate Sam for trying to talk Blaine out of it, but Blaine is an idiot for not listening to him. To top it all off, Kurt is not even aware of what Blaine’s trying to do, that just makes the whole situation even more pathetic than it already is, and we still don’t know if Kurt is still with that Adam guy? It’s as if the writers completely forgot about that storyline. I’m really disappointed that the writers didn’t even bother to write an explanation for Finn’s absence from the last 3 episodes, they just shove it aside as if Finn’s not important, and the New Directions members don’t even ask, “Where’s Finn”? Now about New Directions winning Regionals, I’m not mad that they won, but what bothered me was that they didn’t leave it as a cliffhanger, so that was kind of a low point, but as I already said, I don’t mind that New Directions won, it’s ok with me, and their cover of “Hall of Fame” was the best of the 3 songs they performed. Finally. as cute as Will and Emma’s wedding was, it was also stupid, I mean considering the way it happen, wouldn’t that be counted as an illegal wedding? Come on, it was cute, and I’m glad they finally tied the knot, but the way they went about it was incredibly stupid, I doubt any real-life couple would do this.

So now I’m gonna write my overall opinion of Season 4; yes, I will admit, there were some straight-up appalling moments in the show, but in all honesty, season 4 was much more solid than season 3 was, and I can tell that the writers seemed to be aware of all the mistakes from season 3, and were really keen to correct these mistakes, which for the most part, I feel that they did. For those who keep saying that the new kids are boring and generic clones of their counterparts, maybe at first, it seemed like that was the case, but as the season went on, they really developed their own personalities to the extent where you could find yourself caring about them and their situations/dilemmas. Now Glee has been renewed for 2 more seasons, and even though this season was a major improvement over season 3, I know that they can still do even better, and I hope that they come up with stories that are interesting, captivating, and original

43. Ashley says:

I was literally bored to tears during the wedding at the end. I just wanted them to get it over with so I could find out if Rachel got the part, and was left pretty disappointed when they never ever flipped back to it. The NY segment of the show is the only thing relatable, realistic, or interesting and Lea Michele’s audition was the only air time it got.

I don’t understand how Sam and Brittany are literally that dumb. And I hate how the judges for all their competitions have nothing to do with show choir– it takes away the credibility from everything the club does.

And what on earth does Blaine think he’s doing? Kurt could not be less interested.

• Bubba says:

Wow- instead of focusing so many words on a random blog- you should write your own. Your ideas are pretty spot on to what annoyed most of us so why not take the vehicle that inspires you to post 100’s of words and create something you like even better? I’d read it- and watch it.

44. Ashley says:

Oh yea and I thought we knew it was Unique from the beginning– they gave several glimpses of her, and it all started out by her trying to explain the gender identity question Ryder had…

45. Bubba says:

Season four finale was so weak and so badly promoted I had no idea it happened. It was like the creators and producers were in the negotiations for the renewal of two more seasons while monkeys took over for the last couple episodes. I love monkeys. I love glee. The end to this season was lazy and neglectful. And to the writer- Rachel’s singing of Celine’s song for the callback and getting a thanks will call you reaction is NOT a cliff hanger. None of this was. The finale was lost between commercials.

46. Shop cheap Woolrich Arctic Parka, Woolrich Jackets at our online outlet shop, 100% qualtiy guarantee and fast shipping!/r