Fox's Touch Down, Cancelled After Two Seasons

TOUCH_203-SCA13_0099Touch‘s season finale this Friday will in fact be its series finale.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Axed?

Fox has cancelled the ever-evolving parenting drama-turned-save the world thriller after two seasons, sources confirm for TVLine. (A network spokesman was not available for comment.)

The Kiefer Sutherland-fronted series opened Season 2 in February with 3.8 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, down 20 and 23 percent from its freshman finale. At last tally, its penultimate hour did 2.22 mil and a 0.6.

1. Jerry A. says:

I have to agree with many of the previous comments. FOX itself should be cancelled for cancelling Touch but even more so for cancelling Touch AND continuing to show the mindless, totally worthless cartoons. I believe that the producers, network executives and audience must all be regularly consuming their prescribed medical marijuana in order to enjoy that trash. We can only hope that someone at FOX forgets to refill their prescription and sobers up long enough to bring “24” back, as rumoured.

2. Jim Hicks says:

Just watched season one, and loved it ( saw 12 episodes in 20 hours). Just tried to program season 2, and find the season is done, and the show is over. Totally bummed!

3. Christina Doman says:

I’m just mad as ever….I really really reallllllllly liked that show…and the last episode Jake said more then one sentence…..I was excited to see what else he had to say….another network should pick it up..ijs

4. tasha says:

awwwwwwww I really liked touch!!

5. Carol L. says:

I didn’t know it was cancelled until I came to check date of season 3. Very disapointed in FOX one more time.

6. Ah man…so unfair!!

Just like what the did to 24!!

7. Barbara says:

i am po’d. I really liked this show and looked forward to keeping up with Jake and Amelia. I think Keifer did a marvelous job on this show. Really Fox you have a way of disaappointing your viewers.

8. Robert says:

Boo, my wife was so looking forward to this season. Come-on Fox get with it. It was a pretty good show.

9. blessdan says:

I knew it..Fox that’s unfair

10. blessdan says:

I knew it….Fox †нat’s unfair

11. Sorry state of affairs when one of the best written and acted shows has been dropped by money grubbing idiots at Fox. I have been waiting for months for the return of Touch, only to discover it was not being renewed. SHAME SHAME SHAME. ! I may never forgive the idiots at Fox for this terrible screw-up.

12. Paul says:

For once, in a long, long time, I was so happy to be able to watch a show that was actually intelligent, intriguing, different, and able to touch on real human emotion. Almost all TV shows these days are cra*! These so called reality shows all focus on negativity, being bad to others, cut throat, etc. There’s nothing happy about them because negativity is easy to breed. We need shows like this to attempt to balance things out. Just because most of America doesn’t feel good because they have to think while watching the show or want to spread some good emotion these days doesn’t mean they should cancel the show. We have way too much negative things going on in the world today.

13. m says:

It is quite unfortunate that Touch got canceled. It was brilliant. I have watched both seasons a couple of times…come on, execs. It isn’t too late for a smarter network to pick up the show and reboot it. There are countless story lines to work from to bring Touch back to glory. Truly, it was amazing to have a show that made you think about how we are all connected somehow, to challenge traditional thinking.

14. Brian says:

I just watched both seasons on Netflix in about a week and a half, Incredible show, so smart and so beautiful, I’m just sorry i missed it when it was on TV. Any chance of the series being picked up by another network? AMC perhaps? They’ve done amazing work with shows like Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. The intelligent people in the world still want to hear what Jake has to say!

15. Kathy says:

This suck they stopped this show. It was a awesome show and they need to bring it back. Leaving people in suspense is not right at all.

16. Brown Miller says:

Everybody that liked this show should watch it on NETFLIX or HULU. It’s a whole different experience watching it in full HD, commercial free, back to back. You’ll want to watch it over and over. And, if you do, maybe one of the PROGRESSIVE media companies will pick it up. I think it would make a great addition to Netflix’s original production lineup.

This show was stifled by the linear confines of network television. It needs to find new life in the I on demand realm.

In fact I am going to suggest this to Netflix, anybody know any Netflix execs?

17. Lora Phillips says:

Why bother watching any new show on Fox, once you start to enjoy the show they cancel it. Now NBC is making a show similar, called Believe, going to miss a great show!!

18. C says:

This show was great. The problem was them moving it to Friday night. They always ruin shows that way.

19. ruth edmonds says:

So disappointed to learn show was cancelled. Great show!