American Idol Top 3 Results Recap: Better Dig (These) Two (Singers) [Updated]

American-Idol-Top-3-ResultsLife is not a fairytale. Yes, yes, that was the title of American Idol Season 3 champ Fantasia Barrino’s 2006 autobiographical Lifetime movie — don’t try to act like you didn’t watch it, too! — but it was also a subtitle that could be applied to any possible outcome on Season 12 Top 3 results night.

Indeed, whether you entered the night rooting for a Candice/Kree, Angie/Candice or Kree/Angie finale, there simply couldn’t be a 100 percent feel-good happy ending after the credits rolled, the “19” logo sparkled and twinkled and Fox switched over to the season finale of Glee.

RELATED | Randy Jackson Leaving American Idol

And that’s because, almost five months in to this current, often beleaguered Idol season, all three finalists had established themselves as genuinely worthy heirs to Phillip Phillips’ throne (and the platinum-selling status that comes with it).

I mean, honestly, try to imagine a finale without Candice Glover, the soft-spoken Southern gal with the awe-inspiring combo of vocal horsepower and almost other-worldly musicality that’s allowed her to effortlessly tackle everything from The Cure to Shirley Bassey to Drake. And would you really want to envision next Wednesday night sans Kree Harrison, the Nashville-based demo singer with a tone like 1,000 thread-count sheets and a personality that’s like a bowl of hot chili on the coldest winter day? Then again, how could a confetti shower not pour down on the head of Angie Miller, the New England teenager with a fire in her eyes, an undisputed range and the artistry to drive 3.7 million views to a YouTube video of her Hollywood Week rendition of the self-penned “You Set Me Free“?

RELATED | Idol‘s Janelle Arthur on Her Song-Reinvention Process, Group-Round Insanity and the Judges’ Tough Feedback on Her Duet With Kree

None of those options seemed particularly fun — not even to a Candice aficionado like myself. Yet after an incredibly poorly sound-mixed performance by Lauren Alaina and a good rendition of a sleepy song by Alicia Keys, it was time for Ryan to reveal the week’s voting tallies:

Sent First to Safety
Candice Glover

Sent Second to Safety
Kree Harrison

Eliminated
Angie Miller

As the tears began flowing — for all three contestants, for the fans in the Idoldome, even here at Casa Slezak — Angie gamely attempted to sing a farewell rendition of Colton Dixon’s “Never Gone,” but she just couldn’t get through it. Embraced by her family and her competitors, she giggled and sobbed until the screen cut to black. Whether or not Jimmy Iovine has the good sense to get her to a studio this weekend and cut a rendition of “You Set Me Free” for Christian and AC radio, well, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Next week: A Kree-vs.-Candice finale, the one I started dreaming about back in Hollywood Week, allowed myself to verbalize around Top 10, and had pretty much given up on sometime in mid-April. What are the chances? And what do you think of the Season 12 finale faceoff?

Before I pass the mic to all of you, a few other thoughts on the telecast:

* We’re not going to discuss that thing with that animated slug crawling across the screen/Ryan Seacrest’s face, okay? I know Uncle Nigel has a big lighting bill to pay, but at this rate, next season’s contestants are going to have to have advertiser logos tattooed to their foreheads. (Oh Lord, I’ve just put a Very Bad Idea out into the universe.)

* I can’t comment on that group rendition of Selena Gomez’s awful “Who Says,” seeing how Angie, Candice and Kree’s mics didn’t appear to actually be working. Or maybe the three divas pulled a fake-out in protest of having to sing a tune so far beneath their collective skill sets? (I’m choosing to believe that unconfirmed second theory until proven otherwise.)

* Is anyone actually going to the American Idol web site to vote on whether the S12 winner gets a Ford Focus, Fusion, Fiesta or Escape? Ain’t nobody got time for that! Then again, if only like 11 people weigh in, you and your coworkers could log on and totally skew the outcome. (Fun!)

* When Ryan kicked off the show by noting “We have the news that we’ve all been waiting months to hear,” I thought he was talking about Randy Jackson quitting the show. And then I was all, “Dude, we’ve been waiting for that announcement for 12 freakin’ years!”

* Was there anything more grim than Jimmy Iovine declaring that whoever gets signed to Interscope (presumably Angie, Kree and Candice, at a minimum) are in for a lifetime of his meddling with their song choices? Mariah had a point on Wednesday: When you write your own tunes, you take back a lot of power from The Man (Who Dresses Like Justin Bieber’s Stunt Double). Actually, wait, there was something more grim: Jimmy excitedly talking about Kree’s heartbreaking story of her parents’ death like it was just another marketing strategy. Hashtag: NO!

* It’s easy to make fun of Mariah’s ridiculous video for “Beautiful,” but if I had as little body fat as her, I’d probably film Idology half-naked on the back of a motorcycle, too. (Except then Melinda Doolittle would hit me with her pocketbook.)

And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Angie’s exit? Were you saddened to see her mixture of shock and grief as the news set in? Are you surprised it’s come down to Candice and Kree? Who’s got your vote next week — or will it come down to their final performances? Sound off in the comments, and for all my Idol-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. HitTheGroundRunning says:

When was the last week Kree won? All I can think of is Angie and Candice.
    She is good and I would’ve been sad to see her go but come on she didn’t even bother to try with her Pink song. Angie tried to make something out of a tough song and did.
    Same old Idol, if you ain’t from the South don’t even bother.
    Going to be going on like 8 seasons now since anything even remotely pop won.
    Might be country winner again and after all the trying for something different how different is that?

• Mary says:

Get over it she is out. It is possible that not everyone liked her. I am not from the south and I like Candice and Kree better. Her Pink song last night was not great. Sorry your favorite is out but you cannot say the other two are bad singers.

• Joe says:

I’m from the NYC area. My 50 votes the past two weeks have gone to Candice. Prior to that I was splitting them between Candice, Kree and Amber. I never once voted for Angie. She didn’t connect with me at all and belted every song she sang. I’m not from the south nor have ever lived in the south and I’m white. The fact is, you got a sense of who Candice and Kree were in their home visits and it connected with many people on an emotional level not to mention both of them sang their souls out last night. Angie’s package was a mix of trying to milk the Boston bombings (which had nothing to do with Angie) and how a happy normal girl she is. Angie sang well and did a very good job this season, but the right 2 singers made it to the end.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I never said they were bad, just that one hasn’t been overall nearly AS good for a while and hadn’t seemed to be bringing too much spark recently many times but had still done enough overall to be 3rd best (which does mean pretty darn freaking good this season). The other two were my 2nd and 3rd favorites (and one of them had been my favorite a few weeks and there were times I liked what Kree did more than Angie). If Kree had left tonight, although I think it wouldve been most fair by far, I would’ve been sad to see her go all the same even as I’d have been ultra super happy with the top two. It was a week where I really did not want any to hsve to go and the top three finalist idea a few spouted wouldv’e been fine by me. But I’ve said too much already, that said Angie got robbed, and the season has had tons of manipulations going every which way day 1 and probably through the finale and that it gets tiresome (yes probably the same way as all of posts, which are probably far more tiresome) when it feels like that without having local regional support likely to go wild for the local hero that it’s almost impossible to win this or perhaps Xfactor now too.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Angie never gave me spark. She did however give me gas on several occasions. Not sure if my wife was more upset with the noise pollution coming from Angie’s singing or the air pollution coming from my intestines as a result of Angie’s noise pollution.

• kaba says:

Phillip Phillips isn’t country
      Kris Allen isn’t
      Lee DeWyze isn’t
      David Cook isn’t country.
      The only country artists to win AI were Scotty McCreery and Carrie Underwood…

• Tusk says:

People are confusing the American Idol axiom about the Southern voting block.
        *It is NOT that the voting block votes for “Country Artists”
        *It IS that the southern voting block votes for the Idols from the South.

Kelly Clarkson-Burleson, Texas
        Ruben Studdard-Birmingham, Alabama
        Fantasia-High Point-North Carolina
        Carrie Underwood-Checotah, Oklahoma
        Taylor Hicks-Birmingham-Alabama
        Jordin Sparks-Glendale Arizona*
        David Cook-Blue Springs, Missouri
        Kris Allen-Conway, Arkansas
        Lee Dewyze-Mount Prospect, Illinois*
        Scotty McCreery-Garner, North Carolina
        Phillip Phillips-Leesburg Georgia.
        Whoever wins tomorrow, that’ll mean in 12 years of Idol, all but two winners* have come from the South
        I think the original axiom morphed into ‘the South votes for Country’ because of S10’s Final two.
        Hopefully, this clears up things and people can ‘argue’ from the same reference points. :D

• Tusk says:

Whoops….Whoever wins *Next Week* that’ll mean in 12 years of Idol, all but two winners have come from the South.

FYI
          Kree Harrison-Woodville,Texas
          Candice Glover-Beaufort, South Carolina

• kaba says:

Oh I know. But I said Kree has the country vote in the sense that the raw country vote is strong.
          The southern vote… Candice and Kree have that..
          It’s insane

• mike says:

hit……..we will leave a night light on for you………ooooooooooooook

• AlyB says:

You’re eventually going to have to come to terms with the fact that Angie, while a good singer, simply didn’t move people as much as Kree and Candice did. I’m not from the south and I support Candice for the win but wanted to see Kree make the finale and have supported them both all season. I think it may have something to do with maturity level and the ability to really authentically deliver a song. Angie has talent but needs to get a little more life under her belt. She’s just out of school and from a very sheltered conservative Christian family. Any deep themes just didn’t seem to come from an authentic heartfelt place from her and seemed like overdone acting. That’s what everyone here has been saying for weeks now. Give her a few years to shake that squeaky clean schoolgirl in a high school play thing and she’ll have a real shot given her songwriting skills, piano playing and voice. Right now she’d fit a young adolescent market or CC pop. She needs some time to mature. AI audiences are not so much the little kids anymore. People want singers with some level of maturity in their musical delivery.

• marie says:

This is one of the more thoughtful posts I’ve read here, AlyB. I agree.

• MC says:

Didn’t Jessica have the same problem last season? I also think Amber had the same problem, once you get past her uncanny ability to emulate Whitney Houston. All of these girls had good to great voices, but rarely conveyed a depth of emotion in their songs. Angie imo made progress in the last few weeks of this season and showed plenty of growth. She will be even better in about two to three years. I also believe that, if Angie had been the partially deaf girl from Texas or Alabama, these “problems” wouldn’t have been much of an issue and she would have cruised into the finale. That’s just a theory, though.

2. HitTheGroundRunning says:

the way JImmy stressed the piano bit I was like oh noo and then the second they picked Candice first I knew Angie was gone, if Angie made it they 100% for sure would pick her first since they kept presenting the Angie is running away with it story
    1. NOBODY WINS FROM THE NORTHEAST and only one person every outside of the South, it’s stay same old same old, if your address is not Southern don’t even think about winning (unless you are WGWG going against a very non-standard female and have tons of luck)
    2. Janelle’s votes to Kree and lots of Amber to Candice, Angie got less recent carry over votes as I said so why would Angie be some lock still?
    3. Being setup and talked about having it in the bag and almost running away with it leads to voter complacency they dinged Candice and dinged her until they got her votes going and then gave her over praise and perfect placement boom just at the critical week. Constantly saying we will see you under the piano next week, you got it to Angie and then telling Kree she is gone, never helps the contestant getting that postive talk unless they are like truly Scotty level running away with it. When it is close it drives the one getting told they gone a huge boost as the fans gets scared and vote every second for two hours while Angie fans are like that is silly she has it anyway. And as I said again and again this was never a season like that where someone was running away with it and Angie has been already below both at times.
    4. The country vote is HUGE!!!!!! It doesn’t matter if the choices are good, hearing two country songs will whip them up like mad and as soon as people here a country girl is in it even many who left come back to vote top two and three. Kree might even have been first last week. Picking Angie first may have been a setup.
    Tate was a run of the mill good country singer and won like almost every single week of xfactor no matter what he did or what anyone else did.
    Scotty got like more votes than everyone else combined.
    5. Northeast has a very weak voting base, especially these days after so many dropped out the last few seasons. Flocks of people are not going to suddenly watch the last couple of weeks just because a local is on in places like NYC/Boston (or LA/Chicago for that matter).
    6. As I said Angie voters were becoming complacent. Kree and Candice voters got total scares put in them and would vote until their fingers fell off. It was the perfect setup for the surprise elim. The had none and they ALWAYS love them and ALWAYS get one.
    7. So-called it girl look DOES NOT help on Idol. It never has. Real world music and movies yeah probably so, but NOT on these shows. I’ve always said that is actually hurts more than it helps. And Idol is particularly the wrong demo for that especially these days.
    8. Angie’s moment song was a song that many find annoying, at least these days and doesn’t suck in votes like crazy.
    9. Talking about beauty pagent and zombie and drama girl and disney princess never helps, ever and they dropped all that stuff the last two weeks. That stuff is always absolutely killer to have said about you on Idol. Always killer stuff to have dropped. And all the talk about how she needs the piano BS they;ve been planting for weeks takes away from every time she steps out. Of course if she stayed thre the whole time that never works on this show either and that woulda killed her.
    10. Deeply compelling background stories pull at emotions and emotions pull votes. The I grew up in a nice suburb story never helps any contestant get those extra votes. Getting the princess story visit does not help pull votes.
    11. Idol as been quoted before that nobody comes close bringing the vote like the South and certain parts of the heartland and that by this season viewership is hugely dominated by old, southern ladies I don’t knwo what all the nonsense about Michael and everyone saying all these young girls on twitter will zoom Angie through. Why do you think Idol is desperate? Because that lost that demo! They lost most of the country and the younger sets.
    well figures I hoped somehow I’d finally get my favorite two at the top, but haha on that and with how Angie was doing so much lately and Kree so much less it’s another travesty. And same old, same old, if you do country you get that huge vote bonus.
    I mean I like Kree but come on Angie was bringing it a lot more for weeks now. Kree didn’t even try on her Pink song.
    I mean name me the last week Kree won?
    People say Angie was the early pick but did you overhear the judges saying that wow that caught us by surprise and made us decide to really think about you after she did her song that she wrote, didn’t sound like a picked from auditions contestant.

• Greg T. Fetz says:

I wanted Angie to stay too — but you’re like… almost scarily obsessed with it. Like I feel like someone needs to call the police to report you as a potential stalker or something. It is just a show. Calm down.

• Lana says:

@Greg LOL I was thinking the same thing about Hit…the scarily obsessed thing and I just hope he isn’t in my neighborhood.haha

Chill yourself.

Haha it’s just a silly msg board and people long windedly argue, in good fun, about stuff all over the net all the time, especially here hah. Michael goes on crazy rants on his blog and in his videos all the time, so what.

I don’t even follow any of them on facebook or twitter, not from this season, not from any season. I haven’t even looked at the twitter/facebook/fan pages of anyone this season.

• Greg T. Fetz says:

ROFL at you telling anyone to chill themselves

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

OK i will give you that that comment was funny :).

But come on man going on silly rants is one thing taking where you are taking with that other post is another.

• bingham says:

@HTGR – you have gone way beyond “silly rants”, if you can’t see that then I sincerely wish you good luck in life because you’re going to need it.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I didn’t even have Angie in first for a while in the early mid part of the season and only recently did I think she moved ahead of Candice. If Candice had beaten her in the final, depending upon what happened in the final, I may have even agreed that perhaps Candice deserved it a bit more and even if I didn’t agree, it’d be close enough so I wouldn’t have much to say. I mean Candice has done a lot of great stuff. If she had taken it over Angie, oh well, that is how it goes. Candice has done great. For many weeks I thought Candice deserved it the most although she isn’t my favorite style. It finally hit the point now that I think Angie is ahead of her though. I clearly think she was ahead of Kree now.

And yes in the end of course it’s just a reality tv show and they all got great experiences out of it (although a few got picked on a bit, but I think they are all ok with it in the end) and just a relatively minor thing to any viewer.

I think everyone is tired of any and all signs of manipulation with the show no matter where they lead at this point (although it’s easier to swallow if it goes along with how you’d wish, it’s still a bit unfortunate to see though).

And it can be a little tiresome to know that certain contestants have much lesser chances (the guy thing is over this season but the Southern thing appears to remain but what can you do).

• AlyB says:

And it’s getting exceedingly tiresome seeing your name in every single thread on this board saying exactly the same frigging thing over and over and over again ad nauseum. Seriously.

• bs’d
          While Kree might lean to the country side, I think both Candice & Kree are more R&B, old school. I think with the right help, both will be great successes in music, as will Janelle & Angie. I understand your passion, HTGR. Please try to understand other’s passion. as well. I cried when Danny Gokey got sent home. I thought he was the most talented of season eight. In the end, it is a talent competition. I wonder if the same passion went into everyone’s presidential vote :) Just saying. We forget sometimes that this is TV, albeit fascinating on so many levels, it is just TV.

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

Dang, please see someone about this. You are freaking out. And your “expertise” is nothing but hot air.

• sg54 says:

I agree with everything above, but I think it all comes down to genre. Country has there own set of charts, and its a popular chart. Comparing the r&b charts to country is just kinda sad. so i actually coulda gone for an Angie-Kree finale, cuz although I absolutely adore Candice to pieces I have no idea how she will do well in the real world. Kree will obviously be welcomed by the country world, and angie would be welcomed by the christain music world and probably would manage to cross over to pop (idk if the producers like the idea of a christian music star though…hm).

• The Beach says:

I think Candice has shown over the weeks that she is great at singing in most any genre of music. I would even say that she could have probably sung that song tonight just as well as Alicia Keyes, who is a huge star. So I’m hoping there is a place in today’s music world for her to shine.

• candicegloverfan says:

i think candice has the potential to do really well, if she is given good songs and they’re not overproduced. i can see her putting out an album with a combination of genres – big belty contemporary songs (like adele), grooved out r&b anthems (like mary j. blige), commercial catchy pop with r&b undertones (like bruno mars), and some slow songs with jazz & soul inflections (like ‘love song’ and ‘you’ve changed’). all i know is i freakin’ love her voice and what she does with it – i’ll buy anything she puts out the minute it’s available. and she is a great performer – puts emotion into her songs and also has a great way of telling the story (as keith has pointed out) – i bet folks will want to see her live as her career progresses. i know i will.

• mike says:

now now…. hit the ground…..i am getting the wheel barrel out …ok…..now I am filling it with all your sedatives….ok…

3. Lois Benton says:

Well, now, who woulda thunk it? The two most accomplished singers actually make it to the finale. Like many, I thought Angie had a spot in the finale in the bag. She’s a lovely, very earnest, teenager (she does indeed look like Hannah Montana), she has a lovely tone and has grown over the season. But she does lack experience and seasoning, and her inconsistency was a drawback. She has a future on Broadway, if nowhere else. But she no doubt has a future where she wants it. All three have excellent voices, but all I really cared about is that Candice goes to the finale– and wins. You can count on a couple of fingers when the best vocalist has won this competition, and Candice is right up there with Kelly and Carrie. Better, actually, than Carrie was when she was on the show.

• Ed says:

I really can’t see Angie on Broadway. She will do CCM; not a huge financial incentive to do so, but that is probably where she’ll be most comfortable.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Well if inconsistent means having done best or second best for the last number of weeks then bring on inconsistent. When was the last time Kree did the best on a week? She even totally phoned in at least one performance last night.

• Shawnna says:

I love how you think your opinion is fact.

For me Kree has done the best every week.

That makes it my preference or opinion. Not fact. Learn the difference between the two.

So glad that shrill little treasure troll looking gross girl Angie is gone

• Lois Benton says:

I posted your spin-oof, so I feel I can play moderator here and say: Play nice. Just because you’re a Kree fan doesn’t mean you have to trash-talk Angie.

• Calliope says:

What about you insulting other users down below? Is that okay? Is it okay to insult people as long as it isn’t your favorite contestant?

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I really shouldn’t post any more but this what I’m talking about “treasure troll gross girl”?
          (“self entitled B#$##$ who has no right to cry at the end”, “so full of herself”, “Miley princess”, “empty soul”, “ugly soul”,”mean girl”, etc.). Just sounds like projecting jealousies or insecurities or getting back at people who seem to be the sort who may have done things to someone in the past. Maybe you are not, but sure seems like some are.
          I don’t know that getting called an ugly soul or mean girl or shallow is just supposed to bounce off of her with no feeling. Or what it has to do with her vocals. If she was all drama club and pastor’s daughter for all we know she was even teased at times by mean girls. Who knows. Then again at this point I think they’ve learned to hopefully ignore all the crazy nonsense good or bad that gets written all over the net. All they need to care is what their friends and family thinks not all us random bozos on blogs or TMZ or whatnot.
          Why do only certain contestants get bashed for every little tear they shed for themselves and for supposed lack of tears for others (even when provably not true) while other contestants can clap with glee when they make it and others go home or bawl for hours and not a peep of complaint (not that I really think there should be)? Look back and you will see clear patterns of bias of who gets attacked for that and gets passes.
          I don’t think Kree has won for quite a while but she certainly isn’t gross.
          She started to cry at times when she was looking defeated or on waiting for results and that doesn’t make her self-entitled does it? I sure don’t think so. Lauren started sobbing when she hit bottom three for the first (and I think only) time ever? So what? She’s a young girl who got shocked and got nervous? Basically nobody called them out for it. But why when some do that do so many attack them and call them names?
          Kree is always running around hugging everyone and learning all the stage hand names, etc. she seems nice. She has a lot of talent. She hasn’t been much attacked in these sorts of fashions (mean, gross troll, etc.) but I’ve tried to stand up for her when she has. Candice has been at times and I never supported it, defended her too.
          But if you look at the statements not pro contestants for Kree its mostly kept to stage presence, connection, sometimes vocals. Same for Candice although sometimes she has gotten stuff nothing to do with anything which is unfortunate. But I swear like 30% of the ones for Angie (or say Haley or Pia) barely if even mention vocals.
          Who even cares if someone was a this or that? They are not auditioning to be your friends but to make music.
          I’m just tired of how the show uses manipulations and more. I’m touch a hypocritical for not complaining as much about them when then weren’t doing things I was against such as seeming to make it easier for a non-WGWG to win this season (although just as well since I would’ve made even more posts hah) but I still pointed them out and agreed that it would be better if they hadn’t even needed to get into them. They did switch things up for this top three week and when they did what and so on that I’ve said way too many times already.
          At least we got probably the best three for top three (although I’m sure some number will say what about Amber, who also got a bit of hate at times that seemed unrelated to vocals, although most comments did stick to the vocals and much smaller numbers will bring up some other name).
          I hope the final two do their best and are happy with what they give next week.

• Matrix says:

How many times are you going to ask the same question in the posting?

• karyn says:

This is about the 10th time you’ve posted the exact same (incorrect) statement. We get it – Angie is your favorite and you think it’s unfair that she’s gone. If you have something new to add to the discussion, then do so by all means. Otherwise, take a breath and/or a valium and stop posting.

4. J says:

I really thought Angie would pull through. But listening to Jimmy, he gave the hint. Especially after he praised her “Better Dig Two” performance, which was lackluster. SIGH

Now, I have no doubt Candice will win this. I can’t see Kree winning. She has been on a slump.

5. Jase says:

Candice & Kree = THE BEST finale since Adam & Kris!!!

SO glad that bug-eyed beaver is gone! Yes Angie, we set you free.

• Lois Benton says:

Really, Michael, you should delete this post.

• Ed says:

No need to engage in name-calling, especially toward someone you don’t even know.

• Lois Benton says:

Name-calling is the least of this misogynist dude’s problems. It’s irrelevant that, in fact, this rude post is not based in reality, given that Angie is obviously a beautiful young girl with big eyes (which is a good thing). This post is obscene, and the poster, bless his shriveled little heart, needs to go sit in the corner and take a hard look at himself.

• Calliope says:

You saying this stuff about the poster is no different than him making fun of a public figures eyes. Your response is just as crude. The original poster doesn’t need his shriveled heart blessed. Just you Lois Benton. You hypocrite.

• Jase says:

Thanks Calliope! Well said! I just can’t stand Angie and I’m glad she’s gone.

• Noah Coleman says:

This will be flagged as spam

• Jasmine says:

That bug-eyed beaver is GORGEOUS! Angie’s face is stunning! Her little overbite is so cute!

6. Mary says:

Wow, the only exciting thing that happened this year. Yess, best possible two since Amber was out. I guess the bussing help pull Kree through. The judges faces were priceless. next week should be good if the contestants get a say on what they sung. I did feel bad for Angie, but I thunk it was the right one to go.

7. Jason Brown says:

I am so ecstatic about Candice being in this finale. But I can’t help but wonder why Kree is. She has done pretty much the same performance every week for about a month now. So, I, personally, am #TeamCandice. <3

8. Jay says:

Tell everyone you know to vote 4 CANDACE she is one of the best singers I have ever seen on A Idol.

9. Adam Fachry says:

Everyone’s bashing Kree for not having momentum, unspectacular. Hello, go back and watch Up to the Mountain, Crying, Evidence, Help Me Make It Through The Night, What the World Needs Now Is Love, Stronger, and–even though I dislike the song–See You Again. Those were moments of excellence. Her way of delivering momentums is sublimely understated. Yes, she hasn’t really excelled in uptempo numbers, but her grasp at traditional country is authentic. In a universe filled with country artists that we call American Idol, so far I only found 3 genuine ones: Carrie, Skylar, and now Kree.

• Lynn says:

100% agree, Kree has had some spectacular performances and I don’t understand why people are forgetting about them. Not counting last night’s Rascal Flatts song, she was amazing with Up to the Mountain, Stronger, and See You Again. I’m so glad America got it right, I’ve been wanting this finale since Vegas.

• Matrix says:

100% agree. Kree is a pro. She got poor songs given to her last night- even the judges pointed this out. If both singers get appropriate songs to sing that can truly showcase what they can do, it will be one heck of a finale!

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

I would watch those perfromance of Kree again but i fear that I will be doing what I did the first time she sang those songs – sleep.

• MB says:

I just watched Kree on Rosie O’Donald when she was 10. Another poster mentioned it. She was adorable and do good, a little spit-fire. That was when she was 10 before all the tragedy happened in her life. She said she wanted to be the youngest country star ever and sing at the Grand Oprey. Remember Keith saying she will ing there someday? She was so fill of fire. I wonder if her dreams got put on hold with all her tragedies. Anyway she is a natural. She is going to go far.

• kaba says:

Glad you went and watched it. I hope she sings that song now with all that attitude cause of my god was that great  and so refreshing to see.

• MB says:

Thank you for mentioning it and suggesting it. It totally changed my feelings about her. Angie was my favorite and Candice my second but after seeing that video I could not help but fall in love with that little girl so happy and filled with so many dreams not knowing that life was going to throw her a huge curve. She really deserves a chance for those dreams she had as an innocent 10 year old to come true.

• kaba says:

I’m rooting for her. I’m baffled that she got dropped from her label somehow. When she was with her label she had more “it factor” than Angie appears to have (I know it’s distasteful to regard weight cause it doesn’t mean much but I feel like nobody notices how flat out beautiful Kree is. I consider her sexy now but she was a stunner when she was with her label). She’s gotten the most out of her pursuit for music than Angie or Candice but gets not credit for that

• candicegloverfan says:

just in case anyone is doing a search for this performance and doesn’t know – it’s rosie o’donnell (not o’donald). and thanks for the tip – i’ll go look for it now.

• Matrix says:

Great video. Broken Wing has been the song I hoped Kree would do. If she does it in the finale…watch out, Candice.

• candicegloverfan says:

even though candice is my girl, i totally agree with your entire post. all of the songs you mentioned were kree performances i loved. and i’m not only glad – and shocked! – she’s in the finale, but i’ll be very much looking forward to what she puts out post-idol. i imagine it will be really great, especially if she is able to stay true to herself, and no one tries to make her sing that band perry type of stuff…

10. Mafs95 says:

OMG I was SHOCKED!!! I though Angie would win this whole thing, even though my ultimate desire would be to watch Candice be the winner. Maybe dreams come true… :p

11. Davey says:

I think this is great. Angie overpraised for weeks, never in the bottom 3. Candice and Kree both deserve it. I hope the judges behave themselves next week.

• The Beach says:

I noticed that Mariah seemed especially delighted when Kree made the finals.

• marie says:

Mariah may have been largely less than ideally articulate as a judge over the course of the season, but I get the feeling that she, of all the judges, has a really finely-tuned ear for quality singing.

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

Mariah also noted at Angie’s audition that it was the first time so far that they had heard any TONE in the auditions. And she also said that not many people in today’s music industry have that anymore, and that we need that BACK.

So I don’t know how you could just say that Kree is a “better singer” so Mariah “wanted” that to happen, I think she liked all 3 and that she feels all 3 will truly help MUSIC come back to what it used to be many years ago.

12. Connor says:

The way everything is going I would laugh if Angie signs with a record deal this week that isn’t involved withAmerican Idol and releases You Set Me Free. It seriously would be a huge blow to Idol producers. I still believe that song has Grammy potential

• Lois Benton says:

The producers of this show aren’t stupid. Of course they’re going to sign her. She’s talented and highly marketable.

• Newbie says:

I think Angie will have the best career and sales out of all of this contestants. Like Daughtry. Chris Daughtry is now the third most successful American Idol contestant in terms of record sales, behind only Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, who both won their respective seasons.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

That would be the last laugh on Idol.

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

Hahaha, yup. I really hope she signs with someone outside of Idol to just shove it to them and actually makes a huge ass career out of it. That would be sweet justice for everything the IDOL machine has done that was mean, cruel and just downright bad over the past 12 years.

• deedee says:

Do you actually think Angie’s post-Idol huge-ass career success will amount to “shoving it to them”? Whoever becomes successful after Idol is doing the best thing in the world for the show, whether they are winners or runners-up; whether they are signed to Interscope, or to some other record label. It all reflects back positively on American Idol. Angie’s not bitter about her experience on the show – why are you.

13. marie says:

I’ll be happy whoever wins. I’ll just be happy hearing these two terrific singers in the Finale! For me, in a very real sense, TONIGHT is the Idol Finale. It doesn’t get better than the two best singers singing for the win.

14. Newbie says:

First time here. OMG! Angie eliminated. Kree got all the country votes, which pushed her over Angie. I’m done with Idol. Angie has the biggest shot at hitting it big. Kree may have success in the country music industry. Candice has the chops, but will flop. American Idol has been putting all the stops for Candice to win. It’s so obvious.

• kaba says:

Poor assumption on Candice :/
      I don’t understand what’s wrong with a country artist being big in country?
      Sounds like you’re only capable of acknowledging success in the Katy Perry/Rihanna/Pitbull/JLo sense where Angie would be spammed on the radio every 23 seconds on the pop channels.

• deedee says:

If Candice is destined to flop, then why in the world would Idol be pulling out all the stops for her to win? Are they stupid? Are they just being kind? Are they sick and tired of pushing the contestants they believe have more success-potential? The logic just isn’t there, Newbie.
      I don’t believe Candice has been pimped at all this season. She was left out of the judges’ top 3 list unjustly; she’s been called “old fashioned”, and “church girl”; and she’s been told in subtle ways that she’s not attractive enough to be marketable. I’d say, American Idol pulled out all the stops to make sure a couple of others would beat Candice to the finale, so they wouldn’t have to deal with an artist they’re not sure how to sell.
      Now that the voters have resisted their manipulations and put Candice through anyway, they have no choice but to enthusiastically support her. But I would bet money that what they really wanted was to have either Angie or Amber (or both) make the finale because they’re an easier sell than someone with scads of talent who doesn’t fit the market mold.

15. I really am shocked at th finale, but sooo HAPPY though. I wanted this since Vegas round.

16. Lori says:

So excited that it is Candice/Kree! I will be happy with either one, although I think Candice should win. I will buy music from either of them.

17. Jill says:

Right now JHud and Chris Daughtry are all like “Hey Angie! Welcome to the club!” #ROBBED

• Newbie says:

Exactly! Angie #ROBBED but will have the most successful of this years bunch. Welcome to the club… Chris Daughtry (3rd most successful idol behind Kelly and Carrie), and Jennifer Hudson (Grammy and Oscar winner).

Candice and Kree finally equals snooze fest.

• Maddie says:

That’s your opinion, and one that you are certainly entitled to!

If Angie had a free download on iTunes, I would pass! It’s all about what each individual enjoys!

• Shawnna says:

Angie wasn’t robbed… she’s untalented and gross.

• Jasmine says:

What’s gross about Angie Miller? I’m sure she has more talent in her left pinkie than all of these haters posting on here! She has talent and we will see it soon. KEEP THAT HEAD UP, ANGIE! Your real fans will still be there for you!

• Shawnna says:

her voice. her mannerisms.

• Angie_Overrated says:

No, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have more talent than I do, in all appendages combined let alone in her left pinky. Go Candice and go Kree! Not sure which talented lady to vote for next week. They’re both so good. Would have been an easy pick had Angie been in the final.

• nowyouknow says:

@Jill, Jennifer and Chris didn’t get robbed. They both have stellar careers…What universe are you in?

• Nedsdag says:

Angie was not robbed. It was just that voters liked Kree and Candice more. Case closed.

18. Steve F. says:

I knew tonight’s elimination was gonna suck… I liked all three of these gals. I too had given up hope for a Candice-Kree finale… but we got it! (Note to Kreedom: step up your game big time – Candice is running away with this so far.)

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

She’s running away with it because of what you just said there. Kree has not been on her game for most of this season compared to the other girls.

19. LeahKittyS says:

And now, a continuation of “American Idol Horror Story” (Sorry, it’s a very long one)
    (Scene: the dark passage. Angie, Candice and Kree have picked up to a run as they follow the shadow-man in possession of Amber’s soul.)
    Candice: Dang, how long is this tunnel?
    Kree: Keep running! We’re almost at the end!
    Angie: I think I see a light…
    (They stop. The tunnel ends at an alcove, out of which an eerie light emits. The three of them poke their heads around the corner and peep into the room. When they see a man sitting at the desk, they duck back out of sight.)
    Kree: Well, we found him. Now what do we do?
    Candice: What else? I’m gonna pound his bloody murdering ass!
    Angie: Woah, hold on. We can’t just charge in there. We need some kind of plan.
    Kree: Angie’s right. We’re defenseless as it is. If he’s got a trap rigged in there, we’re dead. (Looks around and sees three long, unlit torch poles on the wall. Takes them down and hands them out, keeping one for herself.) He has to pass the fortune on to one of us, so he won’t try to kill all of us.
    Candice: (Slight smile) Oh, now I get it! We get in there and see if we can get him to reveal his motive. (Pulls out her iPhone and opens the recording app.) And if he admits it, then can we take him down?
    Kree: (Smiles back) With the utmost pleasure.
    Angie: (Tucks her pole behind her back, hardens face) I’m going in there. Keep your ears open. If something happens to me, cover my back. We can’t let him win.
    (No one is smiling as Angie enters the room. She stand still in the entryway, silent. Behind Nigel’s desk, on rows of shelves, there is a collection of white lights in orbs.)
    Nigel: (Sweetly, looking up from his desk) Ah, Angela, my dear heart! What brings you down here?
    (Angie does not reply, just stands there glaring at him.)
    Nigel: I was wondering when one of you would find my office. I quite like it; I hope I get to keep it when I pass on the fortune. What do you think?
    (Angie leans her pole against the wall, sees a bow, picks it up, and loads an arrow, pointing it at Nigel.)
    Nigel: (Not as sweet) Angie? What do you think you’re doing?
    Angie: (Slowly, through clenched teeth) Avenging my brothers.
    (Nigel stands up, all hint of pleasure gone. The doors slam behind Angie.)
    Angie: (approaching Nigel, coming around him) You promised me fame and fortune…I pledged you my life…I gave you my trust…and in return…you murdered my family.
    Nigel: Angie, I am terribly sorry, what happened to your brothers was a terrible accident–
    Angie: (Less clenched) Accident? I find them on a basement floor drenched in blood at your hands and you have the gall to call it an accident?!
    Nigel: Strange things happen, my dear. This is American Idol. And what makes you think I’m responsible?
    Angie: (More attitude and less volume) Really? You may not have noticed, but they wrote your name in their own blood on the wall of your little hideout.
    Nigel: Oh, now, anyone could have done that–
    Angie: Then how did this get here? (Points to an ax in a glass case on the wall. The blade is smeared with blood.) Last time I checked, trees don’t bleed.
    Nigel: (Feigning affection) Oh, Angela, my dear Angie Kristine–
    Angie: (Yelling) Don’t talk to me like that! You bloody murdering liar! (Voice lowers) I thought you loved us…
    Nigel: And I do. But for the good of the company, I had to do this.
    Angie: Why? (Trying not to cry) What harm would it have done you to let one of the boys have their chance at the fortune? Why are you so desperate to get it off your hands?
    Nigel: (Getting frustrated) Everything has its time, Angie. The FOX will never let us go, therefore I must give him reason to put us down.
    Angie: But do you realize the curse you’ve put on us? No matter who the fortune goes to, all we will be known for is this bloodbath! My sisters and I will never escape this stigma!
    Nigel: (Growing angry) And if you had let well enough alone and gone along with the program, instead of sticking your noses where they didn’t belong, we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.
    Angie: Is that why you killed Amber and Janelle, too? Were they just annoying you? (No answer) I looked up to you like a father, Nigel. But if you’re going to use us a pawns, in your sick, twisted game, then I won’t have it!
    Nigel: Fine, then!
    (He swoops at her like a shadow, and she lets out a small shriek. Suddenly she is suspended in the air, and the arrow is now pointed at her chest.)
    Nigel: (Coming out of shadow form) You don’t want to play the game anymore? Fine. I’ll just have to disqualify you. (Angie struggles futilely.) Don’t worry, I’ll come up with some explanation for the press. (Leans in close to her face.) Say hi to the boys for me.
    (The arrow pierces her, and she lets out a pained cry. She falls to the floor with a thud. The white wisp of her soul is pulled out and trapped in a glass sphere, placed alongside the others. At this moment Candice and Kree kick the doors in and charge into the room, faces angry and poles pointed at Nigel.)
    TO BE CONTINUED…

• Jasmine says:

what?!?! I’m kind of confused. Good writing by the way, but were you for Angie or against her?

• LeahKittyS says:

I was always for Angie, even on her roughest weeks. She was my pick to win it all, and not just because I’m from Massachusetts. I hate the way some people on here have been so mean to her. But I’m happy for Candice and Kree. I really liked everyone this year, except for Curtis (and Lazaro lost me towards the end).

• Jasmine says:

Yeah, people on here are so rude towards Angie. Really, bashing her appearance is not getting you guys anywhere. She can’t the way she looks. There’s nothing wrong with her looks. She’s gorgeous, that overbite and all. I’m from Tennessee and have never voted for Kree in my life. I never voted for Janelle either. I always voted for Angela. No one else received any of my votes but this girl. I can’t get enough of her. Awwww, this sucks! I miss her….this isn’t fair.

• LeahKittyS says:

Don’t worry; if the industry is smart someone will pick her up. Are you going to the tour? I can’t wait to see them all in Manchester! By the way, if you haven’t read the rest of the “American Idol Horror Story,” you can find the other installations in the comment sections of every results show recap from Top 8 (the night Devin was sent home) onward.

• Jasmine says:

Unfortunately…I won’t be able to go…but how I wish I could just to see this amazing girl perform….that would literally like be the best moment of my life. I’ve never met anyone famous. Meeting Angela Miller or seeing her would be absolutely fantastic!

20. Maya P. (ANGIE'S #1 FAN) says:

THIS
    IS NOT
    OKAY

WHY DID ANGIE GO HOME?!?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

They got her fans mad complacent. They got other fans angry right at the exact right time. They pulled the pretty prom princess card dropped on her right at the worst time again. She had no compelling backstory. She is not country. She is not from the South.
      Nobody from N.E. has ever come remotely close.
      Nobody tossed the pageant princess card has ever come close.
      It’s tougher to win without a deeply emotionally pulling personal back story and with the first two items this last one may have been necessary.

• Joshua Webster says:

What about that story about her being 80% deaf or whatever she’s been shilling for a while now. Not to mention her needlessly mugging for the “christian” vote. Angie is manipulative, and I’m glad America finally saw through that. She’s talented, but she’s truly an ugly soul.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

When was the last time Idol mentioned her partial deafness?? Like 15 weeks ago or something?
          What pull did her backstory ever have on Idol? None. She didn’t have horrible tragic past or small town everybody knows your name or something overcome. They mentioned like once for like two seconds she was partially deaf.
          When did Idol promote her Christian vote thing?? (how big is that anyway? when did CC ever chart on billboard?)
          I don’t think any of them have ugly souls and it didn’t seem like any of the three thought that about each other.
          But sure when it comes to Angie of course it’s fair game. The Christian pageant winner simply must have an ugly soul. whatever. or be a mean girl (are drama club girls all that likely to be some it mean girl?). whatever.
          I’d think I’d be happy to have dinner with any of them.

• Jasmine says:

Man! HitTheGroundRunning —- You be getting it up on these posts. Preach for ANGIE! I am so happy that you love Angela Miller as much as I do. She’s truly one awesome talent. Even though she’s gone, she’s still my American Idol! I love her and miss her already. I didn’t want to see her cry but she looked beautiful with tears streaming down her face. This girl can’t give up! She’ll make it. I believe in her.

• deedee says:

What back-story did Candice have? None at all. The fact that she comes from a small town is not a story. The only thing she ever said was that she tried out for Idol 3 times. And last night was the first time she said anything about struggling with confidence. Do you really think that pushed the voting public to shower her with “back-story” votes? Come on now.

• Matrix says:

Hit, you should contact Angie about being her manager!

• Nedsdag says:

Elliott Yamin had a hearing problem too. Ironically, both finished third.

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

Why didn’t you vote all night? It’s your fault she lost. Ha.

• mike says:

so hit……..so no more posts from you….right…….right?

• Adam Fachry says:

She/He might as well make a thesis on Angie’s losing. What an obsession.

• Jasmine says:

I’m obsessed too! I have commented a lot about Angie on a lot of Slezaks posts. I don’t care either. We just love Angela Miller. Ain’t nothing wrong with that!

• marie says:

Really? You’re “obsessed”? No kidding! Never would have guessed that! I have news for you, sweetheart: at “almost 19,” you’re a little too old for THAT much obsession. At 11, 12, okay. But from the sound of your multiple overwrought posts, I think you might need to involve yourself more in real life instead of in a fantasy world inhabited by a contestant from a reality TV singing contest you’ve fixated on as though she’s some kind of deity to worship. (I can hear it now, “I DO worship her! So what! She’s so beautiful! She DESERVES it! She’s the best! Angie! Angie! Angie!” Ad infinitum…)
            (Mercy me, this obsessed – or POsessed? – little girl is paving the way straight to hell for me with a red velvet carpet…!)

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Yeah OK a few too many, yeah I know a bit annoying, but what I did would’ve been child’s play compared to what would’ve come from you and 50 others had say Angie and Amber made the finale instead of Candice and Kree (I wouldn’t have thought that outcome particularly fair either). You know this blog post would be at like 30 pages by now without question instead of at like 4.
            Already a couple weeks ago with the Amber push it was already like 3x this and that would’ve been nothing.

• Jasmine says:

my thoughts exactly…It kind of feels like the end of the world now…I know, i’m exaggerating, but I am super bummed out! I have nothing to look forward to anymore…I know there was just one week left but still…I was looking forward to Angie being in that finale. I can’t stop sighing. I can’t stop thinking about it. I love this girl so much! Go Angie Miller. stay strong!

• marie says:

The “end of the world”? I have no doubt that’s what it feels like to you; disclaimer that you’re “exaggerating” is NOT convincing. Believe me, you’ll live longer if you take a deep breath, calm the **** down, tell yourself, “It’s only a television contest,” remember that your sweet precious darling has not died or come to any harm and with the exposure she’s gained can still have a good shot at a successful career – and for heaven’s sake, child, try to involve yourself in and enjoy your OWN life instead of making yourself (and me, and possibly others here too) freaking nutso-insane-crazy over someone on TV that you don’t even KNOW, for Pete’s sake!

• Jasmine says:

trust me honey, my life is not interesting…Angie Miller took me away for hours from my own life. This is why I’m so upset. Yeah, it’s just a tv show to us fans, but it wasn’t just a tv show to the contestants…it was important to them. I do know that I’m exaggerating. There have been many times in the past day that I asked myself, “why are you so upset? this should not be that big of a deal. there are greater problems in life.” So, I do understand what you’re saying, but just let me be upset. I will get over it in a few months. But really, don’t read my posts if you’re being driven insane. Maybe Angie miller doesn’t know me, but I’ve come to know a lot about her these past few weeks and I saw nothing but goodness. So sue me if that makes me a bad person.

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

Awesome post, Jasmine! Don’t let annoying haters bring you down, #DreamBig! :)

21. Chris says:

Well, no doubt that Candice and Kree have great voices, but Candice especially, has an incredibly boring stage prescence, and comes across as almost surly when not singing. At least Kree comes across like she actually likes people. Sigh.

• Newbie says:

Exactly. The final two has great vocal chops. But lack any kind of stage presence or excitement whatsoever. Candice and Kree comes across as bored and emotional less.

• Elise. says:

See but like… a lot of people (myself included) found Angie’s constant winking and mugging for the camera to be insufferable. Angie came off as too desperate. It wasn’t a good look for her, and America sent her home.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

How about focusing on her say… vocals?? And she didn’t even do that camera stuff this week. And totally mixed it up for Try.

• Elise. says:

… Focusing on the vocals Angie (for me) should have been sent home.

• Adam Hirth says:

Saying to just focus on vocals is kinda impossible as being the American Idol is so much more than that.

And focusing on vocals…

1. Candice
            2. Kree
            3. Amber
            4. Angie

• Jasmine says:

She was amazing on Try. It wasn’t her best vocal, but like the judges saw it, I did too. She never looked so confident as she was last night singing that song.I’ve never seen her THAT confident before. It was so overwhelming. I was so happy for her. The girl was glowing. She looked absolutely beautiful. I just….sighs….I’m sad that she’s gone. This has been a horrible night now. All I can think about is Angie Miller.

• deedee says:

Well, if it’s about vocals, then Angie had the 3rd best voice of the top 3.

• marie says:

deedee, you took the words out of my mouth.

• bingham says:

OK I’m going to focus on her vocals and say that absolutely unequivocally the 2 most deserving singers have made it to the finale this season. And I couldn’t be happier.

22. Gailer says:

I hope everyone that wanted girls girls girls is happy this show is now on its last leg. I hope this will not happen next year. The worst season ever.
    Anyway, Candice deserves to win, but I thought Angie would be there with her. I guess the country vote came back to put Kree in the finale, just when I thought it was gone after Lauren and Scotty.

23. Meg says:

Candice thought Angie made to top two and said to her that there’s no one she’d rather be with on top two … oh man… she must have felt bad when she figured it out. I think Kree made it because it seemed she was sabotage with the song choices. All three were so differently good.

24. Gr says:

This is the happiest result ever…

25. init2winitdawg says:

I read a very good point on a blog today, Kree has all of the country vote and she is from the huge voting bloc of Texas. The irony is that Kree does not seem to want to be known as a country singer.
    I am so happy for Candice after that “sorry baby” from Steve Tyler last year on that incredible trio of Candice, DeAndre’ and of course Jessica! I wonder who Candice is going to sing with during the results show, my guess will be Mariah, she has not performed all season ;). – You heard it here first.

Finally I was shocked Angie was eliminated. Although I believe we have the two best voices in the finale, I just thought Angie had the “it” factor going with the young crowd. I really believed she was going to win the whole thing even though I am rooting for Candice.

26. Connor says:

To all the Candice fans all my votes will be going to Candice. I want the best remaining to win. I honestly wanted angie to win. But now I’m jumping on the bandwagon for #teamcandice. But I think this is the last season of idol ill watch. I’m enjoying the voice more and more by the season. Idol isn’t giving me that same satisfaction anymore. But congrats to the final 2

27. PatD says:

People can whine about voting bases til the cows come home, but the defining difference on this show has been, and always will be, how well contestants define their sound. I am not a country music fan, but even I recognized very early that Kree had a signature, authentic sound with a voice perfectly suited for it. She is a lovely mixture of Alison Krauss/Kelly Willis/Patty Loveless, and the audience for something like that is monstrous.

Candice has a voice that can easily fulfill a pop/R&B/Broadway career, so will also (and rightfully so) appeal to a very wide base. I think she’s one of the purest vocal talents this show has ever seen.

Angie projected what??? Pop? Teen-Pop? Prog? Off-Broadway? You never got a real sense of identity from her. She’s a practiced, talented, pretty girl (and can I just go on record as saying she had my favorite fashion sense EVER of ANY AI contestants… that girl needs to get a backer for her own line like *right now*), but she has years of experience to go before all that talent finds its identity. And there’s nothing wrong with that. You have all the exposure in the world now, Angie. Use it and grow. I’ll be watching.

Kree: I love ya’, girl, but please stop doing that flapping thing with your hand. Seriously. Somebody tell her to stop that. Right. Now. Before the finale.

28. HitTheGroundRunning says:

I can’t even remember the last time my top two made the top two.
    I can’t remember the last time those performing the best the last few weeks made the top two (and no that is NOT Candice and Kree)

• Mary says:

YES it was.

• The Troof says:

Last time that happened was this season. All 3 were the best of the season and someone had to go. America chose to send the two most easily identifiable genre artist in. Angie has not identity as a performer really. She just is a bit bucket of talent… she needs time to learn where she wants to go with her voice.

I’m glad you’re passionate about Angie, but let’s not reduce the talents and successes of the other 2 performers. Coming in 3rd place on American Idol is a huge accomplishment, and I’m sure Angie is very proud of herself. Support her by being classy, not being a sore loser.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Yeah it happened for this top 3, but not for top 2 not for me personally and I don’t see objctively how Kree performed better overall the last few weeks, nor last night for that matter.

• The Troof says:

This isn’t something that can be measured objectively. All of this is a matter of personal taste. Your opinions are no more valid than anyone else’s. You think Angie should be in the finale. Great. Others do not. Great.

29. princess-sophia says:

I’m excited about the finale and it’s the first one in a few years that could go either way. I’ve always been a Candice fan and I still hope she wins. Don’t worry if Kree doesn’t take the crown, she has her other job on Two and a Half Men! Ha Ha! She looks exactly like the crazy girl that’s always jumping off the deck. I think her name is Rose?

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

I’m not the only one who saw that! I called her “Rose” at first…and Angie “Miley”.

30. Kree singing was not up to scratch she does not deserve to be there , and they are not evenly matched.
    Angie prom queen Miley Sirus and not original fake and Barbie we have to much of the same old same old.I
    f Candice does not win it will be because of the awful clothes and leggins that make her look bigger and class less. Over size 12 leggings are a no no.She needs to wear some beautiful dresses of kaftans call and sack the the stylist

31. julia says:

just a question, not meant to attack or anything. do you think if idol would have done what it normally does and not showed the homecoming packages untill the results show, it would have been the same final 2?

• PatD says:

What? You don’t think image and backstory have nothing to do with celebrity appeal in the real world?

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

hard to say. Angie had by far and away the least tear jerker package and Kree by a million miles to the point it almost felt hard not to vote for her

• MB says:

Absolutely not.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

So they saved the packages for results nights the others times?
        If so, that is odd they’d switch it up and you do wonder since the visits obviously varied greatly in emotional punch.

• MB says:

As Jimmy said. Kree had the perfect song for that emotional package. You had to be completely cold hearted not to be affected by it. Listen, Kree is a doll and I am happy for her but I really think that that whole thing did Angie in and I felt it last night and that’s why I voted my butt off for Angie last night.
          Angie’s dream was crushed but she will be alright. She is a beautiful talented girl and I don’t believe we’ve heard the last of her. She may even wind up in broadway which she has said she would love. Idol is not the end all and be all. There has been many stars who have tried out for idol and did not even make it to the judges yet they became stars. Angie has too much going for her to fade away. She does not just have the voice but she has the whole package. Her opportunities are endless.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I admit that after seeing that I almost gave Kree a bunch of votes too.
            And felt like I should have.

32. LeahKittyS says:

In other news, I don’t believe it! My source was 7 for 7 and got it wrong this week! Oh well, what’s an Idol season without an early elimination. Just like Season 6 had Melinda out early and Sanjaya out late, this year we had Angie out early and Lazaro out late. I’m not sure who to put my money on now. I want to say Kree, but that’s just because I love country music and am not big on R&B. But may the best woman win.
    (And I don;t care what the rest of you think, I hold that Angie was out too soon; nothing against the other two. Angie will join the Early Exit club, which also consists of Mandisa, Chris Daughtry, Elliot Yamin, Melinda Doolittle, Michael Johns, Alexis Grace, Allison Iraheta, Pia Toscano, James Durbin, Haley Reihnart, Colton Dixon, and a bunch of women from Season 9. And Adam Lambert is the president; I’m not upset that Kris Allen won but that was a big surprise.)

• Adam Fachry says:

Early elimination? You can be disappointed that she’s not in the finale or becomes the winner but calling it an “early elimination” is such an overstatement. Angie made it far, hardly early.

33. Jamila says:

Was anyone else cringing at Mariah’s new video? It was soooo awkward! Does she really think caressing herself while wriggling around on a motorcycle is beautiful? Or sexy? And how chauvenistic was the ‘pole-less dancing in the headlights’ for her boyfriend! Blehhhh!

34. Anna says:

Shame. I was rooting for a Candice/Angie finale but I still like the top 2 a lot! Angie just appeals to me a lot. No doubt that winning determines your success. They’re just votes. Look at Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Jessica Sanchez, and all those other people, they’re having great careers. Don’t give up Angie! This is only the foundation of your journey, you’re ready for the rest! Good luck! For now, I’ll be happy by any win from Candice or Kree, so I am team #Kreendice !

35. Woodmeister says:

Very happy with the final two, altho I would have been happy with a Candice/Angie finale as well. As for Kree vs. Angie a lot of has been said concentrates on “performance” but I prefer to listen to the singer because when I go to iTunes or to the store to buy a CD or whatever, I’m thinking the voice and the song, not a performance. In that sense I am more a Kree fan than an Angie fan. From what I’ve seen on TV and DVD I would not call Adele a great “performer” either as she doen’t prance all over the stage…but what a voice. To me, Kree is like that – a great voice who doesn’t really need a lot of performance embellishment.

If I go to a concert, I want good singing first, then a show and generally speaking I could care less what the artist ever wears. I think a lot of performances in concert, especially those then have intense choreography, involve lip synching or auto tuning. There’s probably a reason that Nikki is known as a great performer but has not had a lot to chart success.

36. Ann says:

Seriously. Awesome.
    Still absorbing these results (no Angie).
    Did I say … seriously awesome?!

37. marie says:

Wow! In other news, that “other” entertainment website has a story posted that Randy is quitting Idol after this season!!! I’m not kidding!!! Yet MORE good Idol news tonight!!!

• The Beach says:

Yep, ole Randy got a double whammy this week. Not only did he “quit” AI (because he was getting fired and beat them to the punch) but Mariah also fired him as her manager. Sweeeeeeeet !

• deedee says:

Wow. He’s leaving altogether and not just out of the judges’ panel?

• marie says:

deedee, evidently so. Beach, I had the same thought – “You can’t fire me, I quit!” – but I wasn’t aware he was Mariah’s manager; so she’s also given him the boot, huh? I guess this really WAS a dysfunctional judges’ panel. It will be interesting to see who they come up with next season.
        With last night’s unexpectedly pleasing results, perhaps we can dare to hope that the producers will let go of their contractual stipulations that judges must do and say as they’re told and hire a panel they’ll permit to actually speak their opinions freely…?
        Naaaaaaah, I must be drunk. Nice delusion, though.

38. HitTheGroundRunning says:

Soooooooooo wrong that it was not Angie+Candice!!
    country vote rules all once again
    North gets kicked down once again (basically anywhere not the South or certain parts of the Midwest may as well book their ticket early)
    So unfair since Angie has definitely put in better performances on average than Kree has for a while and I mean Kree 100% phoned in at least 1/3rd of her performances last night. She seems like a very nice girl and I’d wish her tons of success but no way has she been doing better than Angie. Angie has been responding and listening to everything and trying max no matter what and bringing better performances.
    All the talk about Angie running away with it, always calling her safe first (remember results in no particular order). And pageant, princess, mean girl, fake, all those sorts of words are by far the most damaging type. Lots of harsh stuff said, very unfair, about the others but that stuff doesn’t hurt votes since it gets sympathy and gets people mad. The pretty, princess, drama club, etc. stuff gets certain people turned off.
    All three were good and deserved the top three but come on man Angie had so clearly been bringing it more than Kree for a while.
    Hope Candice wins at this point. Time to focus on The Voice. Annoying stuff there too, already this season some annoying stuff but at least it was only involving my secondary class favorites, but Idol is over the top one too many times for me, I was already half gone by the end of S10, now, barring nigel and plenty of others gone so am I.

• Valerie Willis-Statler says:

Angie better than Kree?!

ROFL.

No. Get new ears honey.

They test out perfectly.

• Jasmine says:

You should get the new ears. Angie was a million times better than Kree. But who cares? Angie’s gone now. But I know she’ll have a better career than the winner. Your real fans love you Angie Miller!

• Shawnna says:

Angie a million times better than Kree?

AMERICA DIDN’T THINK SO.

• Jasmine says:

Well, America is stupid…and they have shown many times that they don’t always make the best decisions. Phillip Phillips over Jessica Sanchez or even Elise Testone( my favorite that season)? Scotty McCreery over Haley Reinhart? Seriously?! Lee DeWyze over Crystal Bowersox? no…Angela was great. All the posters who hate her were mostly talking about her looks. Miley Cyrus. You guys are acting like Miley Cyrus is the worst person in the world, like she killed somebody or something. She’s made mistakes but she’s picked back up. Angela Miller hasn’t made any mistakes, so why are you guys just denouncing her like this, belittling her…it’s unfair and it’s uncalled for. I love her and I hope she kicks ass! Go Angie Miller! I’ll love you long after you’re gone, gone…gone!

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

How many times are you going to whine the same whine?

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

This is nothing compared to the annoying rambles of “ANGIES FAKE! PROM QUEEN” banter.

• mike says:

yes hit, you go to the voice, bye!

• marie says:

Oh, please stop denigrating Kree already, all right? More people were moved to vote for her than for your favorite. It happened. Angie can still have a successful career – third is nothing to sniff at so stop giving yourself heart attacks over that. But please stop insinuating that Kree didn’t deserve the Finale spot she won fair and square because of her very evident talent.

• Jasmine says:

no, she won because of the sob story…which is truly sad, but come on, if she didn’t have that moment in her home video when her and her sister went to their old house, it would not have been the same for folks voting and you know it….Kree did amazing on her second song…but failed miserably on her first and third songs….that’s fact. Angie did not have a failing performance on Wednesday….but, obviously, it doesn’t matter anymore…she’s been eliminated. Just like you have your opinion, Angie lovers have theirs. Angie deserved that spot over Kree based on vocals. But kree made it so kudos to her….But ANGIE MILLER IS A BEAST! She’ll make it.

• Adam Fachry says:

Jasmine (it’s not Trias, is it? lol), I’d like to suggest you go get a new hobby.

• AlyB says:

Kree did not fail miserably on her 1st and 3rd songs. That’s your (biased in favor of Angie) opinion. Quite frankly I thought Angie’s 3rd song left a lot to be desired. She was doing well, then she went back to the overly dramatic gazing into the camera plus her vocal sounded rather thin through the power notes. Kree may not dance around the stage like Mick Jagger but her voice is unfailingly rich. I think Kree deserved that spot over Angie based on vocals. This finale is exactly as it should be. Having said all that, I think Candice has the best vocals this season and should win.

39. HitTheGroundRunning says:

It would’ve been sad to see any of the three go though of course.

40. IMHO says:

Completely bummed! Wind out of my sails for the finale. Love Anie!

• Jasmine says:

Not as bummed as I am….that was so hard for me to watch….and to see her break down made me feel even worse….you could tell she wanted it…..you could tell the wind was knocked out of her sails as well. She wasn ‘t expecting it. the judges weren’t expecting it. I wasn’t expecting it. Come on, this was the girl who was Most Likely To Win American Idol. Why didn’t more of her so called fans vote. I voted like crazy for this girl! Sucks that she was let down by so many of her fans. YAY, let’s have a boring finale next week! I’m all for that! Seriously, Angie should’ve been the winner of this show. Whatever, she’s my American Idol!

• marie says:

How do you know IMHO isn’t just as bummed as you? Do you have concrete evidence? Do you have proof?

• Jasmine says:

Marie, don’t start with me. We’ve had our arguments before. That’s just something people say…
          “Well, I’m upset.” other person: “well, not as upset as I am.” You obviously don’t get it or are you just trying to push buttons? Go Angie Miller!

• WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

Reading this post is embarrassing. I feel like a five year old child just wrote that, kind of like a “That’s what you are, but what am i?”

41. jeannie says:

I’m really disappointed in the results of the final two. Everybody saying how great Kree is she has a decent voice but I know music and she’s not going to go anywhere. Don’t worry Angie your fans will support you and you will have a number one hit within the next year. She will be like Katherine McPhee..n where is she?

• Shawnna says:

ROFL

“I know music”

and yet you’re stanning for Angie. ROFL.

You’re delusional and probably unattractive.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Wow. I know music as well. And if you think Angie was the clear favorite, you clearly don’t know music at all. There are 3 or 4 of the finalists, including Kree, who have a real shot at legitimate stardom. And there’s a huge difference between having a #1 hit on the Billboard top 100 chart or country charts and then having a #1 hit on the christian music charts that no one cares about. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

• WiserView says:

You sstanic idiot. You hate christian music? Hell is widely open for you..

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m satanic for pointing out that Bruno Mars or Lady Antebellum has a much larger addressable market than Amy Grant or Colton Dixon? I’m not satanic. You’re simply delusional.

42. HitTheGroundRunning says:

Man I couldnt even watch it after they said Angie was gone, finally got back to see it now.
    Feel so sad for her. And boy did they ever build up her expectations just to crush them down for a surprise elim. It’s gotta make it 10x tougher and more shocking on her. So sweet to see her family go up there with her.

43. jeannie says:

Kree will be like Kathryn Mcphee
    .no where to be found. I’m waiting For the release of Angie’s first album.

• Janet. says:

This is very rude. Jeannie – you’re a very rude woman and should be classier.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I think Kree has a good shot. She does have a good voice. I’d say a better voice than many of the country finalists and more artistry. And country simply sells.

That said I think Angie was utterly, cruelly robbed. Shes being doing more. Better adapting to challenges. Giving full connection on every try.

• deedee says:

“Utterly, cruelly robbed”. What cruelty did Angie endure?

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

With them going on about how she supposedly had almost managed to run away with it already and talking about what she’d do next week and always calling her out first as safe (even though in no particular order) I think it had to make the punch of not even making the finale, never mind not winning more of a wham crushing blow at least at the moment. If everyone is saying you are going home most likely and you are totally braced for it it tends to not hit as hard. That is what I meant.

• syb says:

“Cruelly robbed.” Geez. This board is hilarious.

If this is true then Angie learned a good lesson–don’t believe your press clippings and your sycophants.

Anyway She wasn’t “robbed of her dream.” She came in third and will likely sign a deal with Jimmy Iovine, make a record and tour it. She got a heck of a lot more of her dream than the vast majority of hard working people ever do. If her only dream was to win, as opposed to furthering her aspirations, then she was in this for the wrong reasons, and she would indeed be a pageant girl.

• marie says:

(Sigh. deedee, I admire – but, woe is me, can’t seem to emulate – your brevity.)

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

Katharine McPhee? Yah, she’s nowhere starring in a network TV show. Sheesh.

44. dude says:

Very surprised that Angie isn’t in the finale (although, admittedly relieved as she was Candice’s biggest competition). I thought she had the fan support, wasn’t that her thing? Candice has the voice, Kree has the likability and Angie had the fans? Either way, I think what put Kree over the edge was the emotional manipulation last night. People felt so sorry for the girl with no parents that the votes probably poured in. I’m not saying that to say she doesn’t belong in the finals because they all were deserving, I just think that’s what happened.

45. MasiV says:

Dude, I am so sad right now! You could tell how much Angie wanted this, and IMHO, she deserved to win this! Hope there’s a record deal in her future.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Can’t believe it happens AGAIN!!!

She poured every last ounce into the last few weeks and pulled out so many great performances.

She took in all the info like a sieve and managed to apply it quickly. Boom look what she did with Try? A full uptempo full on move around the stage and she took in what needed to be done and boom did it.

And I feel so bad since they so totally set her up to think the finale was happening almost for sure. That makes it 1000x as tough.

She brought full on energy and that it factor the last few weeks that were so badly needed.

She and Candice need the deal the most I think (and had been doing the most I think too). Kree has the country card which makes it so much easier to get a deal going.

46. Tim says:

I was not surprised by Candice/Kree. The Las Vegas odds makers have consistently had these two leading. I think Angie is talented, but it is Candice and Kree that I want on my car radio.

47. HitTheGroundRunning says:

I just hate that so many here (not everyone certainly and plenty who didn’t love her singing the best didn’t get into that, but a lot did too) and elsewhere stuck the whole mean girl, shallow pageant, fake thing on her again and again. I just can;t get past that she looks like Miley, etc. etc.
    All three girls seem like really wonderful girls.
    You can see how much the other two cared for her and how happy clappy Angie was to visit kids on their visits and stuff and how real she was here, so I think all of that talk was the same ugly nonsense it usually is.
    But for Angie it was always fine to knock her down. Looks like that she can take it. No it doesnt work like that. And for all the talk that she was just moving along because of looks that is as wrong as anything else said and as I said nobody moves along on looks on Idol and it actually hurts a bit more than helps since it’s harder to defend off attacks of fake, shallow, etc. since they engender less sympathy, the knocks on her are the sort that don’t get sympathy as much. And they meant they she’d often not be given credit for artistry. Heck even writing that pretty amazing song more than a few tossed off as fluff.
    None of the three should’ve ever gotten any general knocks. They all seem awesome and carry themselves well. Hope the absolute best for all three.

• LeahKittyS says:

Thank you! I’m so tired of the Angie bashing. If you don’t like her singing, fine. If you think she shouts too much, fine (keep in mind she’s hard of hearing and may need to hear herself). But calling her fake, entitled, ugly, gross, etc. is crossing the line. Cheer for your favorite but please remain civil regarding the others.

• Elise. says:

If this is how you really feel – then stop knocking Kree down with like everything you post.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I’m not calling Kree shallow or fake or bug-eyed or annoying or obnoxious. She is a fine girl. She seems like an awesome person. I hope she has mad success. She does have a very nice voice. She has done some great things. Some artistic things. She certainly deserved top three for her performances.

I just don’t think she has been bringing the same level of performance the last number of weeks overall (here and there better absolutely, but not overall), no way. And she wasn’t adapting to some of the challenges or taking things in all that much lately.

• Elise. says:

That’s your opinion though. Asking the same question over 3 pages of comments comes across a bit obsessive doesn’t it? All of these things that you are saying about Kree are just your opinion.

I don’t think that Angie has been doing anything better than what she gave in Vegas the entire season. And as of recent her voice seems more shouting than singing, and I feel like while she adapted – she never really sold herself as an artist… just a talented singer.

You may not be calling her names, but your constant need to put Angie above her comes off a bit tacky is all I’m saying.

• Elise. says:

Also to continually say things like “Kree got pity votes because she has a sad story.” or “Kree and Candice need the deal more” is just as insulting as people calling Angie bug-eyed, obnoxious, or annoying. Think about it.

• Jasmine says:

Yeah, her haters are idiots. They’re focusing on her looks and not her talent. This is a fact: THE GIRL IS STUNNING! Angie Miller was it! Maybe she should’ve went on the X- Factor instead, because she definitely has the X-factor. love this girl

• Angie_Overrated says:

I based my hate on her inability to shriek in pitch on her high notes, not her looks.

• WiserView says:

You are an idiot. An arrogant boasting his musicality (how do we know for sure?), everyone can say that, idiot! Period. Signing off…

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Guess you missed the last note of Somewhere then. (Not that I want to knock Candice, since she is very good. I’ve always said it. I’m glad she has had her success this time.) All your talk of sucks, gassy outburts, weird hair, freak and your inability to have ever given Angie a single bit of credit for anything sure seems to speak that you (and some number of others) have some sort of issue with Angie beyond her vocals though doesn’t it though? Who cares what her politcal views may or may not be (I very well might be pretty far away from them myself, who knows?)? Who cares is she looks like some girl who once laughed in your face? Who cares whatever it is? OK so you think some of her style is too simple, she isn’t your thing performance-wise or vocally fine, but you’re not being a critic but a pure hater on her.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Good god, woman. Get a grip. She lost. Get over it. Your 1 million posts saying exactly the same thing don’t change anyone’s mind and make you look like an emotionally unstable stalker. I loved Amber but I didn’t lose my sanity when she got voted out last week. Move on. You’re really starting to embarrass yourself.

48. Connor says:

The voting will be interesting next week. I think if it’s close Kree will win. It will be very interesting to see who gets the teeny bopper vote. Just think of it this way 2 more shows and hopefully Nicki and Mariah never come back.

49. Syl says:

Meh. Ah well, my favorites never win. I might watch next week, but definitely won’t be voting for anyone in the likely snoozefest to come. Will definitely buy Angie’s music if the girl gets signed. I wish her all the best.

• Jasmine says:

Yeah, won’t be watching next week either. Definitely will still show my support for this girl. I wish I could see her on the live tours. My eyes would be focused solely on her. I will definitely buy her album. love you Angela!

50. Steve says:

CAN TVLINE CLEARLY POST SOMEWHERE WHEN THE NEW EPISODES OF IDOLOGY GET POSTED? ITS SO FRUSTRATING BECAUSE YOU READ ARTICLES ABOUT THIS WEEK – TODAY ITS THE TOP3 – AND YET WE HAVE VIDEOS OF THE TOP4 – I REALIZE ITS THE LATEST ONE YOU PROBABLY HAVE BUT WHEN OH WHEN OH WHEN WAS THE