Ratings: Voice, Body of Proof and Golden Boy Dip, New Girl and NCIS: LA Rise, Grimm Steady

NG_ep224-sc22_09C7734Apparently “it” was good for the New Girl, as Fox’s sophomore comedy grew this Tuesday in both total viewers (rising 11 percent to 4 million) and in the demo (ticking up to a 2.1).

Leading into that, Hell’s Kitchen (4.7 mil/1.9) was down a tenth, while Mindy Project closed Fox’s night with 2.7 mil/1.3, adding a few eyeballs but flat in the demo.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

NBC’s The Voice topped Tuesday in the demo with a 3.6 rating, dipping 8 percent week-to-week, while Grimm (6 mil/1.9) added a few eyeballs and held steady in the demo with its second Tuesday outing.

Over on CBS, NCIS (17 mil/2.9) dipped 7 percent and two tenths while NCIS: LA (13 mil/2.4) rose two tenths from last week’s series low. Bubble show Golden Boy ticked down to 7.1 mil/1.2.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Week 8 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?

ABC’s Splash finale (4.4 mil/1.0) rose a tenth and Dancing With the Stars (10.5 mil/1.7) gained two tenths, but bubble show Body of Proof (8.1 mil/1.4) led its time slot in viewers yet slipped two tenths.

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Finale Recap: New York State of Mind

The CW’s Hart of Dixie closed Season 2 with 1.25 mil/0.5, up a handful of viewers.

More to come shortly, after my interview with [SPOILER]….

1. gary says:

really hope Body of Proof doesnt get cancelled.

• Pennagirl says:

OMG, I tried to watch it last night….four or fifth time. The writing is horrible. Love Dana Delany and Mark Valley. The writing is horrible, I just can’t like this show.

• JLK says:

I agree with you. The writing has been horrible this season, and the directing has been awful too. They completely ruined the show between seasons. I assume they were hoping to gain some viewers by making the cases flashier and adding a bunch of action via Mark Valley’s new cop character and his young, hot partner…a big change from the older, more mature duo they had previously doing the policework on this show. Terrible fail on all counts. What remains of the show’s original dynamic can be good. But, for the most part, I find myself shaking my head and thinking, “Seriously? Who came up with this?” these days.

2. Hugh says:

And The Voice begins its usual ratings crash…

3. wrstlgirl says:

Sigh, our boy isn’t so golden is he :-( To bad, this show has great potential if allowed to continue. It’s really laying some great ground work for future eps. To bad we won’t be allowed to see how it turns out.

• lyn says:

I don’t dislike the show, but I’d rather it end, Body of Proof end and Chi McBride and Mark Valley recombine for Human Target part 2. Without the Pucci woman but with Jackie Earle Haley.

• DJT says:

ARE the CBS pinheads who killed BOTH “Golden Boy” and “VEGAS” by moving them from their ratings winning places in the schedule going to be cancelled as well?

• zoot says:

I love GoldenBoy…Tuesday is just too crowded. Why didn’t Grimm stay on Fridays? I love Grimm and my “thank Grimm it’s Friday” Now there is nothing to watch on Fridays and too much to watch on Tuesdays…for me Body Of Proof got cut and I liked that show

4. Boiler says:

Continues to blow my mind that Splash draws that many viewers. Not a reality fan but watch The Voice if you need to watch it. I like Hart of Dixie which would be a MUCH better choice than Splash

5. m.d says:

goodbye golden boy you handsome devil

6. gary says:

Dear New Girl please make Merritt Wever a regular. Elizabeth gets more out of Schmidt then Cece ever did

• Lauren says:

This! I am not looking forward to Cece having some sort of breakthrough at her wedding and deciding to go for Schmidt. Not saying she should necessarily get married but I would like to see where Elizabeth and Schmidt go from here.

• Bitsy says:

I agree wholeheartedly! Love her as Elizabeth and quite honestly would not miss CeCe one bit.

• R says:

Cece’s character became so selfish and annoying this season. I do love the portrayal of the Indian arranged marriage though. It’s very interesting, never seen before (except the short scene on Seinfeld), and from the pics of the finale that are out, very authentic.

• Tania says:

I like Merritt Weaver on New Girl just as much as I like her on Nurse Jackie.

7. MAS says:

I thought Golden Boy would grab people…too bad.

8. Frank says:

Glad NCIS: LA recovered a bit, last nights episode was great!

9. MASH says:

I guess we dont have to wait for 7 years to see how golden boy became the youngest commisioner in history.

10. sarah says:

Goldenboy is a great show! If a show pulls in over 7 million even if it is down slightly it should still be renewed.

• 3dhouseofmagic says:

I agree! I’d say the worst thing about this show is the title. The characters all have good chemistry and I for one want to see how it all plays out. I hope they give it another shot-or someone like TNT picks it up like they did for Southland.

• wrstlgirl says:

Let’s home so. I’m guessing those announcements should be coming out soon, like in the next couple of weeks, maybe even sooner.

11. JMill says:

Really too bad things aren’t looking good for Golden Boy. Great show. Lots of potential. Not there yet, but it gives me a vibe just a bit like Homicide: Life on the Streets.

12. Mikael says:

Good for Grimm holding its own outside of Fridays.

13. Tania says:

I hope that CBS continues to show some faith in Golden Boy. It really is a very good series.

14. kath says:

NCIS rightly dipped. The overall story was good but what a kick in the teeth for viewers to find out Ziva slept with someone else. All sides are angry, viewers who like Ziva/Tony, as well as viewers who think Ziva treats Tony badly and want he to kick her to the curb.

What makes it worse is that Gary Glasberg kept talking about seeing Tiva play out. I’m sick of being manipulated by this show.

Just settle it, and let me go back to enjoying the show again.

15. JP says:

I usually have a hard time paying attention to New Girl, but these past 5-6 episodes I have been glued in. This show is getting progressively better as the season goes on! Same for The Mindy Project though I have loved that show since the pilot. Mindy Kailing is just comedic genious. I wasn’t a huge fan of hers while she was on The Office (Kelly was just so annoying) but I absolutely adore The Mindy Project and last nights episode was the best of the season in my opinion.

16. Dee says:

But, but, Tony and Ziva’s love is EPIC!!! *massive eyeroll* How could she have slept with someone else???

If people still believe those two feel anything for each other other than contempt and disrespect, (especially from Ziva’s end) you are seriously deluded.

She won’t even trust Tony with a freaking car!!!

17. Judy wagner says:

Please save Vegas, Body of Proof and Golden Boy.