NBC Cancels Freshman Soap Opera Deception

Get More: Cancellations

Deception CancelledSome bad news for NBC’s Meagan Good soap Deception: It’s been cancelled after one season.

Peacock sources confirm that the struggling freshman sudser will not be returning for a second season.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Grey’sVampire DiariesScandal, Glee and More!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the show’s passing.

Post your eulogies in the comments section below.

Tags: ,

Comments (90)

• I loved this show!! This show should be back on!! So sad that it didn’t get renewed!!

Comment by Tabby – August 27, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it I was looking forward to the show to return, but figured it wouldn’t return. Scandal is way better there is no comparison. Maybe another network will pick it up.

Comment by DMW – August 31, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was a good show. It had a lot of potential to be a breath-taking show. Yes, the acting was the greatest, but a lot of mysteries don’t have te best acting all the time too. Maybe it’s just me but I thought it deserved another chance.

Comment by Katy – September 14, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wanted to see the show Deception brought back…why you guys do this??????

Comment by Sheila – September 27, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come On NBC,Give the show some time.its a great show!!If not lets look 4 another network coz DECEPTION deserves another season atleast.

Comment by Phioxal – September 27, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the show, loved Jolian.( Julian and Joanna) The plot thickened and had a lot of potential, I wanted to see Robert revealed without a doubt as the killer, and how Julian handles that info, wanted to witness Robert learning about Wyatt, how about Julian in the scene where he learns who Joanna’s ex is etc awwww, I want it back. Revenge and now Betrayal certainly doesnt do it for me at all.

Comment by Pearl – October 12, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh oh how about when Julian finds out Joanna is a cop and undercover! I need that show back!

Comment by Pearl – October 12, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WWWWHHHYYY!!!! They left such an opening they just have to keep it going!!!!

Comment by faith – October 19, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you’d love to see the show back then please sign petition at Savedeception.net or search save deception fromm cancellation, there’s s petition on change.org. I still miss the show, it had so much potential and right now I need a refuge from the rollarcoater that is scandal which is the only other show I got into.

Comment by Pearl – October 19, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you should take it back, it is your success

Comment by AniaN – November 10, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok im pissed like hell because i did actually like this show i felt it had potential it was really good damn yall didnt even give it a chance maybe another network can pick it up

Comment by kay – December 18, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this show & sad to now know its not coming back. Just found out today it won’t be back. Deception and Under the dome were our favorite shows last year. Deception was the guilty pleasure show my daughter and i couldn’t wait to watch every week , because we don’t like revenge or scandal. It is or was the only NBC show we watched because nothing else appeals to us in their line up, thank goodness for CBS,CW, and FOX otherwise we wouldn’t have anything to watch. These networks at least give a new show a chance to develop and find its core audience , or allow audience to discover the show . It took us 3-4 episodes before we knew what days it aired because we don’t watch NBC shows generally , but when we did we were hooked. And yes we are in the age demographic they wanted to attract but have lost again. Please BET, TBS, heck even lifetime pick the show up we really miss it!

Comment by Aj – January 19, 2014 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post