Exclusive Nashville Video: An Afterglowing Rayna Rates Deacon ('You Are Good'), Gets Surprise

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

By all accounts, Rayna Jaymes is having a spectacularly good day in Wednesday’s Nashville (ABC, 10/9c).

As this exclusive clip from the episode shows, there’s not even a hint of awkwardness or regret present as the First Lady of Country Music and her longtime love wake up next to each other after their first tumble in more than a decade. And if Deacon Claybourne telling Rayna he wants her all to himself isn’t enough to get the redhead’s strings twanging, daughter Maddie phones her mom with some amazing news.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames

Press PLAY on the video below to watch the morning after unfold, then sound off in the comments: If only Juliette and Rayna were nominated for the CMAs, which singer would get your vote?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (24)

• Way to go Ms Roots…..right, kill us before we even get the chance to see the episode.

Comment by S!NA (@this_is_sina) – May 7, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Talk about a GOOD day! I hope it lasts awhile before the big fall…

Comment by cjinsd – May 7, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer Rayna’s songs, but Juliette’s voice. Although the acoustic song Juliette performed a while back was really good.

Comment by MoxieSue – May 7, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think Juliette’s voice is too thin and a bit too nasal.. but I’m not over the moon about Rayna’s voice either. I’d call it a draw.

Comment by dane – May 7, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Either way I hope Rayna wins. Juliette is just a brat on the show..

Comment by dane – May 7, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohhh my heart can’t take it! I LOVE them !

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – May 7, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I’ve been this happy since Ross went after Rachel at the airport.

Comment by Elly – May 7, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg THIS!

Comment by S!NA (@this_is_sina) – May 7, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, agreed! Well Maybe Jess & Nick too! Next up… Densi

Comment by Tina B. – May 7, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Jess and Nick give me the warm fuzzies too but Rayna and Deacon are my new fave tv couple.

Comment by Elly – May 8, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhhh. So cute :D

Comment by Shannika – May 7, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok…I need to be fanned down…talk about HOT!! & although I think Juliette is a good singer, I’m Team Rayna :)

Comment by koolk4 – May 7, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Rayna for sure! Do we really have to wait 24 hours………..

Comment by Marie – May 7, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Juliette is good but my vote would go to Rayna. She killed it… Bout time Rayna got her freak on… :-)

Comment by sladewilson – May 7, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chip Esten and Connie Britten have ridiculously good chemistry together. That looked so natural and adorable!

Comment by Maria – May 7, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Rayna all the way! Juliette needs to grow up a lot more

Comment by Tina B. – May 7, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team rayna!!!
    Juliette needs to grow up.

Comment by Cleo – May 7, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This clip answers the question if Deacon/Rayna had an affair while she was still married to Teddy. I hate Teddy, but I am glad she was faithful to their marriage.

Comment by Lisa – May 7, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do you figure? Rayna was pregnant with Maddie when she married Teddy. Maddie’s only 13. He said he’s been waiting 14 years. There was no affair while she was married,

Comment by rowan77 – May 8, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is why Lisa said “I am glad she was faithful to their marriage”. :-)

Comment by EF – May 8, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry, you’re right. I totally glossed over that last statement.

Comment by rowan77 – May 8, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there anyone that Connie Britten doesn’t have ridiculous chemistry with?

Comment by Aprilcot – May 8, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post