Exclusive Vegas First Look: Sheriff Lamb Gambles Big — and Loses His [Spoiler]!

Get More: Video

This Friday at 9/8c, on CBS’ Vegas, Sheriff Lamb makes a bold move that could cost him dearly — and we’ve got a sneak peek at the pivotal twist.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

In the penultimate episode of the retro crime drama’s freshman run, Sheriff Lamb’s aggressive investigation into the death of Porter Gainsley’s attorney triggers retaliation attacks that land Katherine in the hospital and have an adverse effect on the lawman’s ability to do his job. Press PLAY below to see Dennis Quaid engage in what could be Lamb’s final square-off with Michael Ironside’s shady alter ego.

Then again, the sheriff may wind up with more important things on his mind when, elsewhere in the episode, new details surface that could reveal the truth behind his wife’s untimely death.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (11)

• Lol I was hoping the spoiler was ‘pants’. That Sheriff Lamb loses his pants. Lols.
    Hope it gets renewed, its a wonderful show.

Comment by mia – May 3, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would CBS cancel a well liked show like Vegas….totally entertaining and I cannot wait for each episode. Bring it back

Comment by Sandra – May 15, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed! I think this a great show, look forward to watching it each week.

Also love the criminally underrated Golden Boy!!

Both always entertaining! But somehow under threat of cancellation? Which puzzles me no end.

Comment by xander – May 3, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Wire, The Shield, and Justified are 3 great serialized crime dramas. Vegas compared to them is using simple serialized stories you would find on an 80′s show. Even Crimestory which had a very similar concept still hold up today and is way more authentic than Vegas will ever be.

Comment by George – May 3, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The move to Fridays has hurt Vegas pretty bad. It was dipping slightly below 10 mil before the move (most likely due to randomly skipping a week before a hiatus) and since has been at around 7.5. That’s not bad for a Friday but bear in mind Blue Bloods has managed to stay above 10 million, even with Vegas as a lead-in. The more than likely expensive main cast probably doesn’t help, nor the fact that it’s a period piece. Honestly, I like the show and I would love for it to be renewed, but it might have worked better on a network like HBO or Showtime.

Comment by Auntie Ralph – May 3, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and will greatly miss it if it is not renewed. I am just hoping that the network chooses it to continue on in its slot to pair with Blue Bloods. I also like (and will watch) CSI:NY, but I feel that Vegas has a lot more stories to explore that have not been told than CSI:NY does.

Comment by MaryAnn – May 3, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, I scrolled by this post on the Twitter account and thought, for a moment, that they were going to find a way to bring Michael back to the Veronica Mars movie when I saw “Sheriff Lamb”.

Comment by Ashley – May 3, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought of Veronica Mars too! I should read the entire title before clicking on a link…

Comment by Maris – May 3, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have only watched through the first commercial and left it running during the commercials to check in here. The reason, the first ten minutes of this show are great! This is a fantastic show. I know it’s probably expensive, Quaid, Chicklis, Moss, and O’Mara don’t come cheap but frankly they’re worth every penny! Writing, directing, production etc. CBS please have faith – this show deserves renewal! Rethink your business model and bring it back in “limited:” episodes without interruption! Come on, when you do something well, stick with it until everyone else catches on.

Comment by Missy Kelly – May 3, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to hear that VEGAS is being canceled!!!!! this is a great show and as it is now, there aren’t many good shows left. i am hoping CBS will change its mind about VEGAS

Comment by PATTY – May 13, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a shame …why cancel ? Its one of the best authentic shows on tv !!!!

Comment by Jamile Coimbra – May 28, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post