Orphan Black Renewed for Season 2

Get More: Renewals

Orphan Black Season 1 SpoilersBBC America has renewed its acclaimed clone war drama Orphan Black for a 10-episode second season, to premiere in 2014.

RELATED | Orphan Black Scoop in Ask Ausiello: Party at [Spoiler]‘s House!

The addictive series, starring actress-chameleon-all-around badass Tatiana Maslany, concludes its first season on Saturday, June 1.

Thoughts? Super-psyched? Which clone is your personal fave? Hit the comments!

Comments (33)

• Hell yes!

Comment by Wheelz (@Joey_C523) – May 2, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delighted!

Comment by mayiread – May 2, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s bloody fantastic!

Comment by Chelle (@TVDSweetness) – May 2, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *beep* YEAH! ‘Orphan Black’ is a great show def. one of my new favorites and Tatiana Maslany is amazing in the role..or should I say roles? ;)

Comment by Dan – May 2, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if Alison knew she was on tv she’d be so thrilled for her own success!! woohoo Orphan Black!

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 2, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I struggled with this series when it first started but I am now entirely addicted to it so great news! :)

Comment by phamster – May 2, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same with me but after the third episode I was definitely hooked. Orphan Black is my favourite new show of the past year.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 2, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweetness!!! Awesome news. Orphan Black has become one my favorite shows on TV. Couldn’t be happier for Maslany and company. Now lets get the train rolling to get Tatiana an Emmy nomination.

Comment by tomincmh – May 2, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Alison was going to be really annoying, but she has turned out to be my favorite.

Comment by EatMorePez – May 2, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray!

Comment by Et al. – May 2, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great to hear! I worked at the studio this was filmed at and have friends on staff who told me the writing room was a nightmare (they didn’t have enough writers) so it’s surprising to see this show actually turn out so well. Clearly they didn’t need many.

Comment by dude – May 2, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me super happy. I love this show.

Comment by Jake – May 2, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant news :) Orphan Black has become one of my must see shows every week & so i’m really glad it’s been renewed for a 2nd season.

Comment by Michelle – May 2, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet

Comment by AMCPress – May 2, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News! Fantastic show.

Comment by Whatever – May 2, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this on hulu or netflix?

Comment by Jason – May 2, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesomeness!! love this show :)

Comment by ang_04 – May 2, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Orphan Black…it’s the only reason (besides Doctor Who) to tune into BBCAmerica.

I wished BBCA aired more original programming (or BBC shows) and had fewer bad reality show marathons. It was such a surprise to find out that Orphan Black was a decent and compelling show. I guess they still have some potential.

Comment by Roxie – May 2, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When BBC America started showing Star Trek TNG, I sent them an email bemoaning their lack of decent Britsh shows. The reply was, paraphrased, “people like the show, so shut up.” All of the great programs they could air, but they choose 19 hours a day of Top Gear?

Comment by Sheila – May 2, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you but you have to accept that top gear is the worlds most popular show so me and you might find it boring but a few hundred million other people watch it.

Comment by Dave – May 3, 2013 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree about Top Gear. Virtually all day Monday, throughout the weekend. If it’s not that, it’s a dozen different shows with Gordon Ramsey, yes.

Comment by Bob – May 3, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSS

Comment by Matty – May 3, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doctor Who
    Orphan Black
    Copper
    Ripper Street
    Planet Earth
    Being Human

Heck, even The Nerdist (except for the lousy “comedians” at the end of each show). Now if they could just convince RTD to resurrect Torchwood properly.

Comment by Bob – May 3, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must watch show for me along w/NCIS ,TWD, S.O.A AND GRIMM! can’t wait for season 2 and the next ep. 2marrow………SARAH SHOULD KICK PAUL’S ASS!

Comment by Ashley – May 3, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love OB…Sarah is my favorite and I believe she is the original….she is the only that had a child!….just saying!

Comment by Via – May 3, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! More Big Boob Blowies & Tranny daycare a la Felix! This show is twisted in all the right ways & Tatiana is an awesome acting talent.

Comment by Diggy – May 6, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love LOVE this show!!
    It’s amazing to me because there has always been a link between identicals were one is gay and the isn’t, yet these were clones.
    I’m so intrigued with how Kasima is experiencing that and no one else realizes that.
    I’m like enthralled!!!
    Please!!!! Keep this show going!!!!!

Comment by Amanda – May 21, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are doing a marathon starting at 12pm on June 1st leading up to the finale – so if you haven’t watched it yet – block out the day and settle in!

Comment by Kristoffer – May 23, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next Orphan Black season in 2014? That’s to far away….too long a wait ! WHY WHY WHY ? I’m addicted.

Comment by Vanessa – May 31, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only found this show recently and I LOVE is and she is amazing…I hope it gets wider recognition and am so happy for a 2nd season !!!

Comment by andy – May 31, 2013 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first started watching, I almost quit. A few episodes in, I got hooked. Had I answered this when you first posted, I would have answered Sarah. Now, hands down it is Alison by a mile. She started out being such a bitch but now is absolutely hi-la-ri-OUS!!! That scene in the finale with Aynsley? I thought I was going to faint I was laugh so hard at Alison’s reaction. Helena is not the only cray-cray!

Comment by Sweepergurl – June 1, 2013 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. So awesome! I wish I would have thought of this idea. It needs a fall and spring showing. 22 episodes please!

Comment by Tina – June 3, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant writers, perfect plots and awesome actors- I can’t wait for the second season!!!

Comment by Yazmin – June 7, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post