Orphan Black Renewed for Season 2

Orphan Black Season 1 SpoilersBBC America has renewed its acclaimed clone war drama Orphan Black for a 10-episode second season, to premiere in 2014.

RELATED | Orphan Black Scoop in Ask Ausiello: Party at [Spoiler]‘s House!

The addictive series, starring actress-chameleon-all-around badass Tatiana Maslany, concludes its first season on Saturday, June 1.

Thoughts? Super-psyched? Which clone is your personal fave? Hit the comments!

1. mayiread says:

Delighted!

2. Chelle (@TVDSweetness) says:

That’s bloody fantastic!

3. Dan says:

*beep* YEAH! ‘Orphan Black’ is a great show def. one of my new favorites and Tatiana Maslany is amazing in the role..or should I say roles? ;)

4. cjeffery7 says:

if Alison knew she was on tv she’d be so thrilled for her own success!! woohoo Orphan Black!

5. phamster says:

I struggled with this series when it first started but I am now entirely addicted to it so great news! :)

• Ally Oop says:

Same with me but after the third episode I was definitely hooked. Orphan Black is my favourite new show of the past year.

6. tomincmh says:

Sweetness!!! Awesome news. Orphan Black has become one my favorite shows on TV. Couldn’t be happier for Maslany and company. Now lets get the train rolling to get Tatiana an Emmy nomination.

7. EatMorePez says:

I thought Alison was going to be really annoying, but she has turned out to be my favorite.

8. Et al. says:

Hooray!

9. dude says:

That’s great to hear! I worked at the studio this was filmed at and have friends on staff who told me the writing room was a nightmare (they didn’t have enough writers) so it’s surprising to see this show actually turn out so well. Clearly they didn’t need many.

10. Jake says:

This makes me super happy. I love this show.

11. Michelle says:

Brilliant news :) Orphan Black has become one of my must see shows every week & so i’m really glad it’s been renewed for a 2nd season.

12. Whatever says:

Great News! Fantastic show.

13. Jason says:

Is this on hulu or netflix?

14. ang_04 says:

awesomeness!! love this show :)

15. Roxie says:

I love Orphan Black…it’s the only reason (besides Doctor Who) to tune into BBCAmerica.

I wished BBCA aired more original programming (or BBC shows) and had fewer bad reality show marathons. It was such a surprise to find out that Orphan Black was a decent and compelling show. I guess they still have some potential.

• Sheila says:

When BBC America started showing Star Trek TNG, I sent them an email bemoaning their lack of decent Britsh shows. The reply was, paraphrased, “people like the show, so shut up.” All of the great programs they could air, but they choose 19 hours a day of Top Gear?

• Dave says:

I agree with you but you have to accept that top gear is the worlds most popular show so me and you might find it boring but a few hundred million other people watch it.

• Bob says:

I agree about Top Gear. Virtually all day Monday, throughout the weekend. If it’s not that, it’s a dozen different shows with Gordon Ramsey, yes.

16. Matty says:

YESSSSS

17. Bob says:

Doctor Who
    Orphan Black
    Copper
    Ripper Street
    Planet Earth
    Being Human

Heck, even The Nerdist (except for the lousy “comedians” at the end of each show). Now if they could just convince RTD to resurrect Torchwood properly.

18. Ashley says:

LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must watch show for me along w/NCIS ,TWD, S.O.A AND GRIMM! can’t wait for season 2 and the next ep. 2marrow………SARAH SHOULD KICK PAUL’S ASS!

19. Via says:

Love OB…Sarah is my favorite and I believe she is the original….she is the only that had a child!….just saying!

20. Diggy says:

YES! More Big Boob Blowies & Tranny daycare a la Felix! This show is twisted in all the right ways & Tatiana is an awesome acting talent.

21. Amanda says:

I love LOVE this show!!
    It’s amazing to me because there has always been a link between identicals were one is gay and the isn’t, yet these were clones.
    I’m so intrigued with how Kasima is experiencing that and no one else realizes that.
    I’m like enthralled!!!
    Please!!!! Keep this show going!!!!!

22. Kristoffer says:

They are doing a marathon starting at 12pm on June 1st leading up to the finale – so if you haven’t watched it yet – block out the day and settle in!

23. Vanessa says:

Next Orphan Black season in 2014? That’s to far away….too long a wait ! WHY WHY WHY ? I’m addicted.

24. andy says:

I only found this show recently and I LOVE is and she is amazing…I hope it gets wider recognition and am so happy for a 2nd season !!!

25. Sweepergurl says:

When I first started watching, I almost quit. A few episodes in, I got hooked. Had I answered this when you first posted, I would have answered Sarah. Now, hands down it is Alison by a mile. She started out being such a bitch but now is absolutely hi-la-ri-OUS!!! That scene in the finale with Aynsley? I thought I was going to faint I was laugh so hard at Alison’s reaction. Helena is not the only cray-cray!

26. Tina says:

I love this show. So awesome! I wish I would have thought of this idea. It needs a fall and spring showing. 22 episodes please!

27. Yazmin says:

Brilliant writers, perfect plots and awesome actors- I can’t wait for the second season!!!