The Office Series Finale First Look: See 9 Photos From Dunder Mifflin's Emotional Last Hurrah

Ready those Kleenex, Office fans: NBC has just unveiled a handful of photos from the long-running comedy’s series finale (airing May 16 at 9/8c), and they’re bound to drum up some tears.

RELATED | The Office — NBC Plans Series finale Retrospective Special

The following shots don’t reveal much about the show’s final hour, so allow us to do our investigative best to break them down. For starters, Jim and Pam appear to be happy and together, a fact that will no doubt thrill our fellow Dunder Mifflinites. Elsewhere, Dwight leads his colleagues in either a dance number or a yoga-esque exercise, Jim once again rides a bike to work with his cute messenger bag in tow and most of the gang is enjoying a fun night out.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including The Office, Vampire Diaries, Glee and More!

The Scrantonites also seem to be partaking in a PaleyFest-type panel, which likely centers on the docu-series they’ve starred in all these years.

Now it’s your turn, superfans: What did we miss? Are you sad to see The Office go? Hit the comments.

Tags: ,

Comments (44)

• Didnt they talk a few months ago about how there’d be a “shocking firing” mid season and not everyone would make it to the end of the series? I could SWEAR i read several articles about this. I assumed it was Andy, or possibly Angela losing it over the affair, but then…notihng? Did I miss something?? Where was the big firing?

Comment by Mark222 – May 1, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there was supposed to be one but nobody ended up getting fired for some reason…

Comment by Jr (@the_jr57) – May 1, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I figured it was talking about when Andy fired Pete. Which didn’t stick of course, since he couldnt fire Pete just because he was dating Erin.

Comment by Lauren – May 1, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The firing was the Camera man. That saved Pam a few episodes ago

Comment by Kenny – May 1, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I don’t think so…if I remember correctly, the interviews referred to a long-time cast member.

Comment by Mark222 – May 1, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Perhaps it was going to be Dwight if the pilot for his spinoff had been picked up and gone to series midseason.

Comment by Marc – May 1, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No it was definitely Brian. Episode 15 + he got fired + he’s technically been a part of The Office for 9 years. We just never saw him until now.

Comment by Dave – May 2, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It was supposed to be Dwight, which would tie in to his farm spinoff, but since that got cancelled, the firing never happened and they instead changed the spinoff pilot to the episode titled “The Farm”.

Comment by Matty Ice – May 6, 2013 09:57 AM PDT
    • I don’t see Stanley in any of the photos. Maybe it’s him?

Comment by kavyn – May 1, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just spitballing, but they certainly set Andy up for firing midseason. I wonder if Ed Helms thought he was going to have too many conflicts to shoot the show until the end of the season. So he comes back from the islands, gets fired and rides off into the sunset? Until his schedule cleared and he was shown mercy, that is…

Comment by JLK – May 2, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely looks like yoga to me, considering there is a yoga mat on the ground.

Comment by Sg. Grant – May 1, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or Tai Chi (sp?)?

Comment by Kristen – May 2, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, that’s definitely tai chi.

Comment by Alia – May 2, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last night’s episode answered the question on that photo. It’s his new martial arts black belt exercise.

Comment by Bob – May 3, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, we can officially count out Andy as the groom at the wedding in the finale – that’s him sitting at another table behind Jim and Pam (not that it was likely to be him anyway – I’m still holding out hope it’ll be Michael and Holly’s wedding).

Comment by Theresa – May 1, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d be willing to bet the wedding is for Kelly and Ryan.

Comment by LP81 – May 1, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Ryan’s getting married, Michael HAS to be there. No way he would let his true love get married without some kind of interference!

Comment by ER – May 2, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s my guess too.

Comment by JLK – May 2, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks like there might be a time jump, in the one slide you can see a poster that seems to spell out ” Whatever happened to Andy Bernard.”

Comment by joshua smith – May 1, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is – the finale is supposed to take place sometime after the documentary has aired, but I don’t think they’ve said how much time it will have been

Comment by Theresa – May 1, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t there also suppose to be some big reveal about the Scranton strangler? Like I could have sworn they were hinting at one of them knowing or being the Scranton strangler. For the record- my money was on Creed, Gabe, Kevin (seeing as he has gotten ‘slower’ since season 2 and maybe it was a front), Mose, or Ryan.

Comment by Elly – May 1, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was. Toby was so convinced he was wrong he went to the jail to tell the guy he was sorry and the guy tried to strangle him. Toby is just an idiot lol.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – May 1, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I remember that. But for some reason, I could have sworn they made like a way bigger deal about it-Luke it was going to be some kind of semi-big reveal! Gah! I swear there’s an article or two about it somewhere!

Comment by Elly – May 1, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope, people just made a big deal out of it on here. All they did on the show is let Toby have another Toby moment of being naive.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – May 2, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure Jim and Pam are looking happy at Dwight and Angela’s wedding. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking. :)

Comment by Claire – May 1, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like Jim and Pam are at a wedding… I hope it’s Michael and Holly’s! But if Steve Carrell wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t coming back, my money’s on Dwight and Angela.

Comment by Babybop – May 1, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks to me like Dwight finally gets his wish and becomes the Boss.

Comment by ajintexas – May 1, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure Dwight will become the boss AND marry Angela. The restaurant photo has Dwight sitting at the head of the table, and his cousin (brother?? I forget) played by Matt Jones is there. Some kind of bachelor outing I assume. Maybe it’s all just wishful thinking though! I’m definitely getting both excited and sad to see the finale.

Comment by CJ – May 1, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks more like Tai Chi than a dance number

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 1, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded.

Comment by keja – May 1, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I do a lot of yoga, and that definitely looks more like Tai Chi.

Comment by Cheryl – May 1, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Photo #8 isn’t that Holly? Looks very like her.

Comment by Maxim Knyazev – May 1, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looks like Angela (with short hair; probably a wig) not Holly.

Comment by Aryn – May 2, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I thought that too. And it kind of looks like Michael standing behind her.

Comment by justanotherfan – May 2, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think maybe they’re doing Tai Chi in shots four and five. I’m going to guess that the last few shots are a reunion of sorts, a flash-forward to a Q&A panel and “live action” shots to see how everyone is doing, whatever happened to Andy Bernard, how Jim’s business is doing, etc. Maybe this is what brings Michael back, in shot 7? Wasn’t there a release on here a week or two ago about how he might now show up in an unexpected way?

Comment by Danielle – May 1, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last night’s episode answers that question. Martial arts (forget which one he mentioned – I think it was a made up name).

Comment by Bob – May 3, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you look to the right there is a blonde sitting behind Jim and Pam…that may be Angela :(

Comment by SLL – May 2, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A merciful end to a show that should have stopped production after Steve Carell’s last show.

And if Carell doesn’t show up in the finale for a moment, the finale will be a huge disappointment.

Comment by Matt – May 2, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am truly enjoying these last few episodes…flashes me back to when I planned my week’s TV viewing around the Office!

Comment by Pat – May 3, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think that the nice looking reception thing they’re at is a Michael and Holly wedding??

Comment by Beth – May 6, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beth, I would love to agree with you – but seeing that Dwight’s cousin (brother?) is sitting at the table, my guess is it’s Dwight and Angela’s wedding. The way Angela has hit rock bottom and the last episode ended with her crying about her feelings for Dwight – it almost seems inevitable.

Comment by Shaun – May 6, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember how Jim said he always wanted a bike shop? (He’s mentioned a few times throughout the series). And he’s riding a bike in one of the photos. And the recent episode said he can’t do the tour with Darrell. Maybe? Thats my wild guess. As for the wedding, Dwight and Angela all the way

Comment by Andrew Wooten – May 7, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post