The Office Series Finale First Look: See 9 Photos From Dunder Mifflin's Emotional Last Hurrah

Ready those Kleenex, Office fans: NBC has just unveiled a handful of photos from the long-running comedy’s series finale (airing May 16 at 9/8c), and they’re bound to drum up some tears.

RELATED | The Office — NBC Plans Series finale Retrospective Special

The following shots don’t reveal much about the show’s final hour, so allow us to do our investigative best to break them down. For starters, Jim and Pam appear to be happy and together, a fact that will no doubt thrill our fellow Dunder Mifflinites. Elsewhere, Dwight leads his colleagues in either a dance number or a yoga-esque exercise, Jim once again rides a bike to work with his cute messenger bag in tow and most of the gang is enjoying a fun night out.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including The Office, Vampire Diaries, Glee and More!

The Scrantonites also seem to be partaking in a PaleyFest-type panel, which likely centers on the docu-series they’ve starred in all these years.

Now it’s your turn, superfans: What did we miss? Are you sad to see The Office go? Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Finales, First Look, Photo Gallery

1. Mark222 says:

Didnt they talk a few months ago about how there’d be a “shocking firing” mid season and not everyone would make it to the end of the series? I could SWEAR i read several articles about this. I assumed it was Andy, or possibly Angela losing it over the affair, but then…notihng? Did I miss something?? Where was the big firing?

• there was supposed to be one but nobody ended up getting fired for some reason…

• Lauren says:

I figured it was talking about when Andy fired Pete. Which didn’t stick of course, since he couldnt fire Pete just because he was dating Erin.

• Kenny says:

The firing was the Camera man. That saved Pam a few episodes ago

• Mark222 says:

No, I don’t think so…if I remember correctly, the interviews referred to a long-time cast member.

• Marc says:

Perhaps it was going to be Dwight if the pilot for his spinoff had been picked up and gone to series midseason.

• Dave says:

No it was definitely Brian. Episode 15 + he got fired + he’s technically been a part of The Office for 9 years. We just never saw him until now.

• Matty Ice says:

It was supposed to be Dwight, which would tie in to his farm spinoff, but since that got cancelled, the firing never happened and they instead changed the spinoff pilot to the episode titled “The Farm”.

• kavyn says:

I don’t see Stanley in any of the photos. Maybe it’s him?

• JLK says:

Just spitballing, but they certainly set Andy up for firing midseason. I wonder if Ed Helms thought he was going to have too many conflicts to shoot the show until the end of the season. So he comes back from the islands, gets fired and rides off into the sunset? Until his schedule cleared and he was shown mercy, that is…

2. Sg. Grant says:

Definitely looks like yoga to me, considering there is a yoga mat on the ground.

3. Theresa says:

Well, we can officially count out Andy as the groom at the wedding in the finale – that’s him sitting at another table behind Jim and Pam (not that it was likely to be him anyway – I’m still holding out hope it’ll be Michael and Holly’s wedding).

4. joshua smith says:

looks like there might be a time jump, in the one slide you can see a poster that seems to spell out ” Whatever happened to Andy Bernard.”

• Theresa says:

There is – the finale is supposed to take place sometime after the documentary has aired, but I don’t think they’ve said how much time it will have been

5. Elly says:

Wasn’t there also suppose to be some big reveal about the Scranton strangler? Like I could have sworn they were hinting at one of them knowing or being the Scranton strangler. For the record- my money was on Creed, Gabe, Kevin (seeing as he has gotten ‘slower’ since season 2 and maybe it was a front), Mose, or Ryan.

• There was. Toby was so convinced he was wrong he went to the jail to tell the guy he was sorry and the guy tried to strangle him. Toby is just an idiot lol.

• Elly says:

No, I remember that. But for some reason, I could have sworn they made like a way bigger deal about it-Luke it was going to be some kind of semi-big reveal! Gah! I swear there’s an article or two about it somewhere!

6. Claire says:

Pretty sure Jim and Pam are looking happy at Dwight and Angela’s wedding. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking. :)

7. Babybop says:

It looks like Jim and Pam are at a wedding… I hope it’s Michael and Holly’s! But if Steve Carrell wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t coming back, my money’s on Dwight and Angela.

8. ajintexas says:

Looks to me like Dwight finally gets his wish and becomes the Boss.

9. CJ says:

I’m pretty sure Dwight will become the boss AND marry Angela. The restaurant photo has Dwight sitting at the head of the table, and his cousin (brother?? I forget) played by Matt Jones is there. Some kind of bachelor outing I assume. Maybe it’s all just wishful thinking though! I’m definitely getting both excited and sad to see the finale.

10. cjeffery7 says:

looks more like Tai Chi than a dance number

11. Photo #8 isn’t that Holly? Looks very like her.

12. Danielle says:

I think maybe they’re doing Tai Chi in shots four and five. I’m going to guess that the last few shots are a reunion of sorts, a flash-forward to a Q&A panel and “live action” shots to see how everyone is doing, whatever happened to Andy Bernard, how Jim’s business is doing, etc. Maybe this is what brings Michael back, in shot 7? Wasn’t there a release on here a week or two ago about how he might now show up in an unexpected way?

• Bob says:

Last night’s episode answers that question. Martial arts (forget which one he mentioned – I think it was a made up name).

13. SLL says:

If you look to the right there is a blonde sitting behind Jim and Pam…that may be Angela :(

14. Matt says:

A merciful end to a show that should have stopped production after Steve Carell’s last show.

And if Carell doesn’t show up in the finale for a moment, the finale will be a huge disappointment.

15. Pat says:

I am truly enjoying these last few episodes…flashes me back to when I planned my week’s TV viewing around the Office!

16. Beth says:

Does anyone else think that the nice looking reception thing they’re at is a Michael and Holly wedding??

• Shaun says:

Beth, I would love to agree with you – but seeing that Dwight’s cousin (brother?) is sitting at the table, my guess is it’s Dwight and Angela’s wedding. The way Angela has hit rock bottom and the last episode ended with her crying about her feelings for Dwight – it almost seems inevitable.

17. Andrew Wooten says:

Remember how Jim said he always wanted a bike shop? (He’s mentioned a few times throughout the series). And he’s riding a bike in one of the photos. And the recent episode said he can’t do the tour with Darrell. Maybe? Thats my wild guess. As for the wedding, Dwight and Angela all the way