Exclusive

Exclusive Chicago Fire Video: Enemy Detective Voight Returns -- Is Casey in Danger?

On tonight’s Chicago Fire (NBC, 10/9c), dirty detective Voight (guest star Jason Beghe) is back to cause drama for — and inflict harm on? — Casey.

Keeping some distance from the crooked lawman is key, but the following exclusive first look suggests that it may prove difficult for the firefighter to not get dangerously entangled with the man who almost had him killed.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, including Chicago Fire, Nashville, Elementary, Arrow, NCIS and More

“He’s dirty, but he ain’t stupid,” Det. Antonio Dawson assures Casey. “There’s no way he’s going to come after you again.”

But Casey’s not so sure. After all, “that’s what they told me right before he tried to have my skull cracked open,” he points out.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Valerie says:

Its wrong that I’m rooting for Voight to take out Casey, right? I love this show, but can’t help thinking it would be a much better show without the dull Casey front and center.

• Cassie says:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but as far as I’m concerned, Casey is my favorite. However, I definitely agree with you about loving the show.

• Millar says:

What?! Of course you’re wrong! Casey is by far my favorite! Can’t wait to see how Voight’s return will affect Casey yet again!

• David says:

For me Casey is the best character on the show and his storyline with Voight was the best the show had,so far. The other storylines are sometimes rather “soapy”. So I’m really excited to see Casey interact with Voight again! YEAH!

2. Jenny says:

Casey is awesome as is Jesse Spencer!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Linda says:

Jesse Spencer is the best!

4. Very happy that Chicago Fire is returning for a second season by NBC and it needs more shirtless Taylor Kinney. :-)

5. Sara says:

I’m excited to see Casey & Voight together again! That’s gotta be awesome to watch!

6. Jmom says:

Excited Chicago Fire is back can’t wait to see Casey and the ex catch up.

7. Sam says:

It’s been a long, hard wait but Chicago Fire is finally back. Can’t wait!

8. ata911203 says:

seriously how many of use really predicted that this show would get a season 2. Honestly speaking i thought this show wouldn’t survive being that its on NBC but im glad it did.

9. Beth says:

My guess is that voight tries to collect his favor from Dawson and Casey somehow helps her and that is what FINALLY brings those two together. I have said this before but GO AWAY HALLIE! I also hope that blonde chick gets a good dose of karma for what she is doing to Severide.

10. kim says:

Casey is my favorite character. I like the way he is written and Jesse Spencer does a wonderful job playing him. He comes across as a believable person – he has his flaws (temper) but on the whole is a good person. To some viewers, that might seem bland, but there are plenty of other characters on the show that are more ‘over the top’ drama queens or stereotypes that interract with Casey. So it’s nice to have one of the main characters as an ‘everyman’, trying to deal with the drama that gets handed his way.

11. Bethie says:

This show is the best. Caey can be a little dull at times. Although the Voight storyline with him is a good one. I want Dawson to remain with Peter because they are a better fit couple wise. The more shirtless Severide the better. The blonde needs to get hers and he needs to father Shay’s baby. Bring back Renee #2 and let him be happy. He is a beautiful man and I hoep when they do the spin off he makes appearances on that show too.

12. Samuel says:

I hope Dawson & Mills will finally split, because it couldn’t be more obvious that he is just the poor rebound guy for her. They showed us in very episode that she is still in love with Casey. She knows it herself, therefore she should really stop giving Mills hope for a future together. It would never last.