Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off Casting Scoop: Tyler Blackburn Heads to Ravenswood

Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off Ravenswood Tyler BlackburnA familiar Rosewood face is relocating to the newly established Ravenswood.

ABC Family on Tuesday announced that Pretty Little Liars fave Tyler Blackburn will jump ship to the hit series‘ upcoming spin-off.

From Liars co-showrunners I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick and exec producer Joseph Dougherty, the new bound-to-be addictive offshoot takes place in the titular Ravenswood, a town just a few miles away from PLL‘s own Rosewood. The series centers on five strangers forced together by a fatal curse that haunts the city, prompting them to dig into their hometown’s mysterious past before it’s too late.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Boss Previews ‘Juicy’ Season 4, a Major Mon’A’ Twist and More!

Blackburn — who plays Hanna’s bad boy-with-a-heart-of-gold boyfriend Caleb on the mothership series — will first pay a visit to the neighboring town during PLL‘s third annual Halloween special this October, with the spin-off debuting immediately after. The actor, meanwhile, will still be seen in Liars‘ upcoming summer season, bowing June 11.

Are you sad to see Blackburn swapping shows? More importantly, what will become of ‘Haleb’? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Scoop

1. Spoby says:

But what about Haleb?

2. S says:

I love Caleb and that is great for Tyler but I guess that means no more Hanna/Caleb :(

3. sara says:

No! He can visit but can’t stay! Haleb is my fave PLL couple they can’t break them up! :-(

4. A says:

I’m confused by the way this is worded. Is it just a one-off guest appearance or is he leaving PLL for good?

• sara says:

The whole jumping ship comment makes me think he will, at least, primarily be featured on the new show and less on PLL at least after season 4 b/c they say he will be in season 4.

• sara says:

Oops take out the first at least, don’t know how it snuck in there!

• Elyse says:

I went and looked at Tyler’s twitter and Ashley Benson tweeted him and said “I’m gonna miss my little love bug” I think he’s leaving for good :( I think they have already shot part of season 4 which is why they say he’ll be in it.

• dude says:

“jumping ship” seems to suggest that he’s going to be on Ravenswood full-time and that he’ll be leaving PLL for good. I don’t see him alternating between towns every other episode.

• Elyse says:

I was wondering the same thing! is he visiting Ravenswood or relocating? it’s very important!! I must know!

5. Jess says:

YES! Now Hanna can be with who she really belongs with…Lucas!

6. Dizzle says:

Forget Hanna, as much as she’s awesome, but what about the Lucas/Caleb (B)romance?!

7. scorpionglow says:

Do they have to ruin it by having him go to the other show?! UHHH!

8. Sarah says:

I want Lucas/Hanna too! Just saying. :)

9. Cherry says:

I didn’t mind Caleb in small doses, but he began to appear too much and didn’t offer anything ‘fresh’ to the series.

10. Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    What’s is the future for Haleb?

11. S says:

Ugh, No. If Caleb and Hanna must end I DO NOT want Hanna with Lucas nor Wren. They can just bring some new hot guy on for her LOL

12. Aline says:

If no one knows how to destroy a good show, watch Marlene King and the others EP closely for the next months: They will teach you!!!

That’s gotta be a joke!!! This Ravenswood crap is just that: CRAP. And they better keep this trash in Ravenswood. If they start with this BS of “ghosts”, “supernatural stuff”, “chosen ones” and etc, in PLL, I am gonna be PISSED!!!

• Elyse says:

they already had a ghost in the second Halloween episode.

• Aline says:

I know. That’s when it all started. BUT, it was a Halloween episode..so, it’s acceptable! ;)

• Kimmie says:

I still think ravens wood spin off of pretty little liars is a bad idea unless it is on different network such as Cw , if Ravenswood it is on abc family it’s just ruins it for me Caleb leaving PLL to be on ravens wood , I don’t like it !

13. Azerty says:

They have wasted Caleb’s potential, specially in season 3B and this won’t help for the future. Caleb could have been the main ally of the girls against the A team but except planning to go after A he didn’t act, nothing really concrete. I guess now Toby will be the one working with the girls but IMO the writers should have taken the responsibility for Toby’s evilness and kept him as a villain and use Caleb’s skills more often.

14. EveatEden says:

Sad to see him go, guess I’ll check the new show out just to see if its worth watching since he’ll be there. Is he playing the same char on the new show?

15. Madison says:

That’s so stupid! They better not be bringing that supernatural crap into PLL!! How is that even a spin off? Like what?! And Hanna and Caleb were my FAVORITE couple! (Followed closely by Spencer and Toby! And thank God Aria and Ezra broke up. And I could care less about Paige and Emily…) But, anyways, Caleb better not be leaving PLL for good. I’ll be PISSED. Honestly, I’m hoping that Ravenswood is canceled so Caleb can go back to PLL!!!

16. Kasey says:

OhMyGosh. ! NOOOO. They are clearly ruining pll. I am a total Haleb shipper. He can’t go. Please. THEY ARNT HELPING. THAT’S HURTING. #HalebForever. I couldn’t bare for Hanna too date Wren. He’s suspicious , Or Lucas. He can’t be trusted. LET HALEB LIVE . LET HALEB LIVE.

17. Brochures says:

At this time I am ready to do myy breakfast, once having my breakfastt coming again to read further news.