Exclusive

Exclusive Grey's Anatomy Video: [Spoiler]'s Back, Meredith's PO'd and an 'Intervention' Is Staged

greysThe docs of Seattle Grace Grey+Sloan Memorial jump into rescue and recovery mode this Thursday on Grey’s Anatomy (9/8c/ABC) in a desperate effort to save one of their own — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the quasi-intervention.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including ArrowThe Vampire DiariesThe Good Wife, Glee and More!

Despite receiving the news that it was a defective surgical glove and not her own negligence that led to the deaths of three of her patients, Bailey is still careening toward a nervous breakdown.

A visit from her loving husband Ben (the returning Jason George) fails to turn her frown upside down (Clip No. 1). A dose of tough love from a fed-up Mer doesn’t do the trick either (Clip No. 2). But what about an all-out sneak attack from Der, Mer, Cristina, Jackson, Cristina, Callie and Arizona? Surely that will work, right?

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Finale Scoop: A [Spoiler]‘s Coming

Press PLAY below to find out!

Loading video...

1. Please, she ain’t that mad. If she were, she’d quit and go to a different hospital.

2. Marianne says:

I can’t get the video to play. It keeps saying that there was an error loading it & it can’t be played.

3. Garrett says:

It’s fun to watch the Medical Mafia try to run GSMH and still be friends w/ people.

4. Babygate says:

Three patient’s died. Webber was treating the third and was unable to save him.

5. Tia says:

Bailey is annoying. Can’t stand her anymore, so I hope the episode is not one hour on poor me Bailey.

6. G says:

Hope they’ll release some sneaks that make you look forward for the episode. Especially the episode, before the finale.

Bailey is not the heart of the hospital, but the spoiled child of the hospital. Gosh, what an insufferable person.

7. Alichat says:

Ugh….I’m sick of the “blame Avery” game. It’s like a bunch of kindergarteners on the playground.

• Babygate says:

He was the only one that was willing to throw her under the bus without even waiting for the results of the investigation. He also wanted to rush to release a statement and if he had, he would have had to walk it back because it wasn’t Bailey’s fault so…

• Alichat says:

He wasn’t going to throw her under a bus. He was saying that they needed to release a statement that there had been deaths and that the CDC was investigating before someone else leaked it to the press, and they were accused of trying to cover it up. He never said ‘let’s release a statement saying it’s all Bailey’s fault.’ He was trying to prevent lawsuits and seriously bad press. He was the only one acting responsibly.

• Amanda says:

Agree! Jackson did what any responsible doctor would have done. The others whining about putting Bailey’s wittle feelings first is ridiculous. Patients died and any hospital would take a doctor off duty if it was their patients until it was figured out. Jackson was the only one making sense.

8. Azerty says:

For one little moment when I read ‘spoiler is back’ I immediatly thought about Addison. I know it would be weird for everyone if she had to deliver Mer’s baby but it would be the perfect moment to bring her back. I guess we would have heard about it if it was supposed to happen.
    Anyway could Bailey quit by the end of the season? I don’t want that but since the beginning of the season I kept thinking there are 3 general surgeons (Bailey, Webber, Meredith) I was thinking Richard would be chief again or resign to let Bailey and Mer shine as titular but now Baily is on thin ice.

9. tahina says:

Is this all about Bailey? I like her but she is not my favorite character. At least this is a lighter promo, ABC’s is more intense, trolling Calzona’s lovers. -_-

10. anne says:

who cares about calzona, they were not here in the first seasons, they’re not lead characters…..

• Valerie says:

I understand if you don’t like particular characters or couples (I feel that way about many of them), but I’m sorry, they are main characters on this show. I too have watched the show from the beginning…Actually, Callie has been in more episodes than many of the “main” characters from the first seasons, including George and Izzie. And Owen and Arizona are nearly there.

• anne says:

I’ve been watching the show from day 1 and I only watch for the main (and original) characters now. Izzie and George are not in the show anymore, Callie first appeared in late season 2, Arizona a few seasons later and Greys was at its best before Calzona, so no I don’t consider them as lead characters. Meredith, Derek, Richard, Cristina, Bailey, Alex were there in the beginning, they made the show a success, most people watch for them, I don’t consider calzona as a main couple. But that’s just my opinion. The show without Calzona could continue. Pompeo and Dempsey leave, I don’t think the show could keep good ratings without the lead couple

• Cleo says:

I actually think the complete opposite. I’m willing to bet that the ratings will be extremely high for this episode because of the highly publicized Calzona promo. Unfortunately, MerDer is played out and trust me Callie and Arizona are lead characters. Just because they were there later doesn’t diminish the fact that they are leads. They even get more screen time and more story individually than Alex does, an “original”.

• Ninna says:

Not only Calzona are main characters as they’re now the second couple of the show after MER/DER. They managed to dethrone Crowen who don’t even count anymore and have a strong fan base.

• Daisy says:

I believe it! COWEN was the ” IT” couple in Season 6 -7, then the writers ruined both characters and their relationship with the abortion/cheating story line. Calzona is the stable, committed couple for now…but this is Shondaland and things can change anytime.

• Aly says:

Just because you don’t like them, that doesn’t suddenly make them not a “lead” character.

All of the regulars are lead characters. Some characters have arcs that become more on focus during certain seasons (MerDer season 2, Callie/AZ/Mark in 7, Crowen in 8, Izzie in part of 5).

If you don’t like them, then you don’t like them. That’s totally fine. But it doesn’t mean they aren’t lead characters.

11. Ninna says:

And this is in what they rely to allure us!!!
    Gosh, this show is decadent!

12. A says:

Random thought unrelated to article, but is the hospital’s name actually written like that: “Grey + Sloan Memorial” It really looks weird that way and its weird to say. I kind of think “Sloan Grey Memorial” has a better ring to it.

13. Mary says:

What is it thay Bailey has that she has to go through surgery?

14. Sammy says:

I began watching this serie because it was hot, now its not so much, i like alex as a character, hes been through so much in GA. They kill sloan and little grey and both characters were great. Baileys is like out for the game, shes just wandering around, she teach those interns and guide them through hardship. You have to give more action and storyline, this show is not the same anymore, katherine is out too, she was sooo hot in the series, bring all that back shonda