Dallas Renewed for Season 3: When Is It Back?

Get More: News, Renewals

Dallas Renewed for Season 3Putting to rest much anxiety amongst the serial’s fans, TNT on Tuesday announced that Dallas will in fact return for Season 3.

The news comes more than two weeks after the show’s Season 2 finale.

RELATED | Dallas Season 2 Finale Recap: The J.R. Mystery Is Solved (Twice) — Plus: Did Pam Ewing Return?

Dallas has built a passionately loyal following with its expertly woven storylines, clever twists and turns, and numerous outstanding performances by a cast that spans generations,” TNT/TBS/TCM president Michael Wright said in a statement. “Although we said goodbye to Larry Hagman and his iconic character J.R. Ewing this year, Dallas has many more stories left to tell, and the Ewing clan will continue to honor J.R.’s memory by keeping its audience surprised and delighted.”

RELATED | Southland Producer Weighs In on TNT Drama’s Current Renewal Odds

Dallas‘ double-episode Season 2 finale averaged 2.9 million total viewers and about a 0.9 demo rating, rising 30 and 20 percent from the week prior and on par with its season opener. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “A-.”

The 15-episode Season 3 is slated to launch in early 2014.

Tags: ,

Comments (128)

• Yeeeeeeeehah!

Comment by Tara – May 21, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why must we wait so long between seasons I can’t wait for the next one. I’m just afar aid ppl will lose interest with such a long time between seasons.

Comment by Keith – May 21, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 3, thankyou. Best program ever!!!

Comment by Istelle Troskie – May 21, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am on edge, I can’t wait that long. This should be a year round series.

Comment by Lynda Jones-Owings – May 25, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG i love DALLAS> . I am soooo very happy you are bringing it back. TY TY TY TY TTY TNT and to ALL of Dallas actors and actressess. I LOVE YOU ALL> AND MANY thanks to the WRITER(S)>.. You are AWESOME. i can not wait.

Comment by DALLASLOVER – May 27, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks tnt for bringing back dallas! i watched every friday night when it was on before and watch every monday night when its on now. you have a hit show and PLEASE dont do like network tv and cancel it again thanks mark

Comment by mark wahl – May 28, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy the show that much it’s a shame it can’t be on all year round, jr will be sadly missed,wot a ledgend

Comment by Lee – May 28, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget leAving it until June 2014, why not June 2013! Like seriously!!!

Comment by Mad Mindy Moo – May 30, 2013 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A BIG DALLAS FAN, PAST AND PRESENT!!!!!
    THE ONLY THING I DON’T LIKE IS THERE ARE NOT, REPEAT, NOT ENOUGH EPISODES! I AM REALLY GLAD THAT IT WILL BE RENEWED FOR SEASON 3!!!

Comment by Larry Wiseman – May 30, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much TNT for bringing Dallas back for a third season. I hope there are many more seasons. In my opinion, Dallas is the best show ever put on TV. I loved the original Dallas in the 70′s and I love the new Dallas just as much. I will miss Larry Hagman very much as JR but John Ross JR keeps JR’s legacy alive. He is great! Now I can’t wait for January 2014 to get here!

Comment by df – June 1, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was a fan of the old Dallas, but feel that the new Dallas is even better. Really gripping story lines, that keep you on the edge of your seat. Would like to see it aired this summer rather than having to wait till next year. Already suffering withdrawal symptoms. Great news that there will be a series 3, I can’t wait.

Comment by Jeannettte Stewart – June 2, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the original show and am hooked on the new one. It has been so long since the original aired I would love to see it again.

Comment by sarah – June 2, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From a Brit living in Belgium please don´t let Channel 5 have this third series, it was on around midnight here so we had to tape the whole series. I watched the original but my teen daughters love the new show and think its some of the best TV they have seen so its not just the oldies that love the new Dallas!

Comment by Christina Beardsley – June 7, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sorry to here of Larry Hagmans death , we where so sadden. He will be missed greatly. But PLEASE! Bring the series. Back sooner. We all miss it and can’t wait. Great idea of showing the last two season’s before it comes back. Miss the Series .Great Job to all the , actor’s,writers, and all others who make a great series. SWFL.

Comment by susan – June 8, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ready for season 3 NOW DAMNIT!!

Comment by Jamie – June 20, 2013 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll take the show whenever I can get it……love, love, love!! Just thrilled to have season 3 on the way…..

Comment by Cindy – June 21, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you TNT

Comment by tony – June 22, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! I was watching Dallas as a little girl every Friday night and I am still watching as a 35 yr old! I Love the Ewings and I love this show!

Comment by swan – June 22, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fantastic news, so happy love john ross and pamela,best show on tv

Comment by jacquie – June 23, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow this was the best show on T V thanks TNT let get it back soon!

Comment by James Cash – June 23, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great New but very disappointed that I have to wait until 2014. Please promise us that after the 3rd Series is aired the 4th Serries will be aired in Summer 2014. We must not keep the viewers out of the loop so long.

Comment by Daley – June 28, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOOOOOVE this show. Cant wait till it returns. Don’t know why they make us wait so long between seasons. It finally returns, and is only on for a couple months, and then we have to wait about ten months for its return. It seems like show seasons used to be the opposite! There would only be a two or three month break in the summer. Can you imagine if we had to wonder Who Shot JR, back in the 80s, from April to the next January?

Comment by anonymous – July 1, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can NOT Wait til season 3!! Wish we didn’t have to wait until Janurary 2014. LOVE Dallas!!

Comment by Natalie – July 5, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg!!!! I am so HAPPY Its comming back! ~

Comment by wanda – July 16, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news

Comment by Dan – July 20, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very happy that Dallas is going to return. I only wish they would bring Gary & Valene back for more stories. I found it very interesting that he was interested in Sue Ellen. I also would like to see Ray and Lucy to have more story lines. I say, bring Pam back, if the original does not want to come back, then fine fine someone else. How about the Farlow group, Holly Harwood, or the y oung guy that had a love interest in Sue Ellen that JR framed time to break him out of jail and bring him back. There are many characters that should come back and refresh their stories.

Comment by Dick – August 3, 2013 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh! Can’t wait till season 3 John Ross, and Rebecca Barns . They are my favorite actors, can’t wait to see what they do next.

Comment by Melissa Mast – August 12, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank The Lord!
    Best show ever! The end!

Comment by Steve – August 13, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Dallas noe and did in the 80s,but here in Perth Western Australia,Ive only seen about 5 of the first series and now its stopped again for the Ashes Cricket.Damn the Cricket.At first they showed it at 10 pm and 5 past midnight then 1pm the next day on Friday,then it went to just 5 past midnight and now nothing,for weeks.Very frustrating,with no sign of it continuing.

Comment by Robb Moss – August 14, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though the show is pretty good,it won’t last much longer without JR..He really didn’t have many appearances,but he made the show.

Comment by Wes – August 17, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new Dallas far exceeded my expectations and in many ways, has been superior to the original (which I was also hooked on.) The younger generation has proved they can be just as scheming and competitive…but working in more of the original cast – obviously in subplots, not as the major story – has potential to add more viewers and again, create more undercurrents in the family! Or maybe some of the old-time business acquaintances of J.R’s coming out of the woodwork – both in support to help the family avenge his death – and others thinking the Ewings are ripe for a takeover with the scheming J.R. gone. Endless potential! Wow – having Pamela turn out to be Cliff’s daughter – who saw that coming??? But – why do any of the networks who start with a blockbuster series keep changing schedule? And decrease promotion? It’s almost like they purposely keep making changes to create failure. Absolutely looking forward to 3rd season – and TNT please don’t shoot yourselves (and Dallas fans) in the foot – you’ve already made us wait too long for season 3, so I hope to ramp up interest, you’ll at least schedule 2nd season shows in the fall to pique interest before you finally release 3rd season. And one thing that helped season 1 was showing more than once a week. (Another example, Hot in Cleveland network offered each show multiple times – you didn’t have to depend on ‘one day/one time’ – a new concept in TV viewing…) OVerall – thanks for a great new show and for renewing it!

Comment by AlaskanPrincess – August 25, 2013 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very glad the series is still going to happen . cant wait for it .keep it coming its very exciting to watch. thanks

Comment by Celine Marshall – September 1, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that dallas keep rollin them back

Comment by Janett – September 5, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks TNT for having the common sense to realize that no what what any critic says about Dallas you have great writers,great new characters,and a great story line for us DALLAS FAN’S to watch all season long. Oh and by the way, if you don’t like Dallas, get the hell out of the country. (LOL)

Comment by Russell – September 18, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this show to come back!! I love my John Ross and Pamela!!! Not to mention, Sue Ellen is absolutely fabulous. Best part of the show are those 3!

Comment by Patricia – September 20, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i grew up with the old dallas and I love the new dallas just as much.may we get many more seasons. Thats my show from tip to tale.

Comment by mike crawford – September 23, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to see that Dallas is coming back!
    I was just googling to see if it had been dropped.
    Won’t be on soon enough for me! :)

Comment by Jean E Enright – September 28, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have this as a summer show, are you people brain dead? In the winter their is nothing to do, and the nights get dark early, it is great to have Dallas to watch on a winter night, I wish it came on on Friday night like the original! I remember getting out of school, going with my family out to eat coming home watching Dukes of Hazard, then Dallas, what great times those were!!

Comment by Keith Hopper (@Tigerman2010nc) – September 29, 2013 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like it if J.R. JR. were bisexual.
    They need to have a non-effiminate gay character whose bad. I am up for the part, if the producer is so inclined….:-)

Comment by James – October 6, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last two seasons were way too short, I would love to see full length seasons. I love this show!

Comment by Chris Brunelle – October 21, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 3, hope this goes another 10 years!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep it going TNT

Comment by Bill & Roxann – November 5, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if news was that Victoria principal was back lots of people would watch and would definitely help with Larry hagman gone

Comment by Ben Shelley – November 13, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very very happy to know that Dallas will be back, I think that in between the new season , we could see reruns of season 1 & 2 to see episodes that we may have missed, and ,refresh
    our memory, This also would gain more viewers that didn’t previously watch the series.

Comment by Sandy Lawrence – December 2, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah ready to watch ,cant wait !!!!!

Comment by annwestervelt@hotmail.com – December 3, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the story line plot and the ladies are beautiful. I’m a 40yr old African American and man you guys keep me coming back for more that I had to research to see when the show was returning.. Good work TNT.

Comment by gerald – December 8, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that show, can not wait tell it starts the 3nd season. The actors are awesome. Love Bobbies wife.

Comment by Judy – December 17, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2014 SEASON ENDER – SOUTHFORK BURNS TO THE GROUND

Comment by James Warden – January 15, 2014 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i started watching Dallas as a kid..watched the show till it was cancled bac then..Then when they brought it bac..was so soo sooo excited..told my husband about the show.( works from home) he stops working when the show comes on ..i think he is more into the show than i was..but wasin tears when i found oout that Larry H died..since then we only seen a couple episodes after that..have been wondering when and if it is coming bac..thank goodness it is. my husband will be thrilled…

Comment by Ana Romo – January 17, 2014 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant wait for new dallas series 3 to come back channel 5 please put on at a better time kate

Comment by kate – March 22, 2014 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post