Person of Interest Hot Shots: Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi Return, as The Machine Bugs Out

Get More: Uncategorized

Reese, Mr. Finch and Detective Carter will have their hands full, and then some, this Thursday on CBS’ Person of Interest — and here’s a few photos illustrating that point.

RELATED | CBS ‘Spoils’ 18 Season Finales, Including Person of Interest, Elementary, NCIS and The Big Bang Theory

In Season 2′s penultimate hour, titled “Zero Day,” Reese and Finch realize that a virus has rendered The Machine erratic, causing it to issue numbers irregularly — and just as they need their superbrain sidekick to help track an elusive tech millionaire. Meanwhile, Carter’s mission to bring Cal Beecher’s murderer to justice lands her squarely in HR’s sights.

On top of all that, the guest-starring cast is chockablock with familiar faces, as Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Carrie Preston, Brett Cullen and Jay O. Sanders reprise their roles as Root, Shaw, Grace, Nathan Ingram and Special Counsel, respectively.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Want more scoop on POI, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (26)

• I can’t remember…what does HR stand for?

Comment by Kim R – April 29, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Human Resources

Comment by Davor – April 29, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? The corrupt cops work for Human Resources? I’m more confused than ever. :)

Comment by Kim R – April 29, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s an ironic play on the term, like when you hear the CIA referred to as “The Company”

Comment by wordsmith – April 29, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn i really love this show!

Comment by Boone – April 29, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By far the best show on TV right now!!

Comment by Davor – April 29, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this.
      period.

Comment by stevie – April 29, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i remember last season the first half, this show was such a little fledgling show. and now, its grown up to be so big. glad i jumped on the bandwaggon at the beginning.

Comment by JB Smooove – April 29, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are soooooo right. I just hope the network realizes what a winner they have in this show. Thursday nights are great tv nights..Big Bang, Person of Interest and Elementary…WOW

Comment by Diane Brewer – May 3, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only one missing from those familiar faces is Paige Turco. :(

Comment by Katherine215 – April 29, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and Ken Leung!! I love him on Person of Interest!

Comment by Jooshua – April 29, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Would have loved to see Zoe too. Hopefully we’ll see her next season. This episode still seems awesome though.

Comment by Kel – April 29, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the character of Shaw. Let’s be honest though. There is no way a field agent who needs to be ready to kick butt or run fast at a moments notice would ever wear shoes like she has on in that picture.

Comment by Lola – April 29, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well at first I kind of hated Shaw as I felt she was forced down our throats but I’ve come to like her. Especially now that they set up her and Root as rivals

Comment by Davor – April 29, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s more to spycraft than just running around. And it’s a testament to Shaw’s prowess that she can kick as much butt in stilettos as Reese can in more sensible shoes.

Comment by wordsmith – April 29, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! OK, you got me there. :-)

Comment by Lola – April 30, 2013 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite shows. Can not wait to see how this season ends.

Comment by GeoDiva – April 29, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on TV ever!! It’s so awesome!!

Comment by A – April 29, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best show ever..

Comment by bhenchod – April 30, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That last picture…. WOW

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – April 30, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why oh why can’t you watch this on line if you miss one?

Comment by Pam K – April 30, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why oh why doesn’t CBS put this on their On Demand Channel?

Comment by Tania – April 30, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CBS doesn’t produce or own POI so they have no control over its syndication after the original airing.

Comment by J. – May 8, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the nuanced acting of Jim C. and Taraji H. They play off each other so beautifully and naturally. There communication is mesmerizing, they can say 10 pages of dialog by just their eyes and expression and body language, no words needed. It isn’t often we see such incredible acting on TV, where there is too much of the “see me I’m acting” style. Jim has a stillness to him that draws the viewer into the scene like a magnet, and creates such a mystery about Mr. Reese. Absolutely my favorite show in all of TV.

Comment by Jo Vance – May 1, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have agree about Jim C. and Taraji H. scenes together. Actually I have enjoyed the whole cast and all the guest stars in this show. I watched from the beginning too and am glad fans are catching on to this great show.
      As far as seeing it online or on demand, I found out it is because Warner Brothers owns the rights to it and won’t release it.
      Look forward to the Season Finale and next season. Missed Fusco in last night’s episode, hope to see him next week.

Comment by JBC – May 3, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can some one fill me in on Shaw? I must have missed the show where she came in and I have no idea where or how she fits in.

Comment by J. – May 8, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post