Person of Interest Hot Shots: Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi Return, as The Machine Bugs Out

Reese, Mr. Finch and Detective Carter will have their hands full, and then some, this Thursday on CBS’ Person of Interest — and here’s a few photos illustrating that point.

RELATED | CBS ‘Spoils’ 18 Season Finales, Including Person of Interest, Elementary, NCIS and The Big Bang Theory

In Season 2’s penultimate hour, titled “Zero Day,” Reese and Finch realize that a virus has rendered The Machine erratic, causing it to issue numbers irregularly — and just as they need their superbrain sidekick to help track an elusive tech millionaire. Meanwhile, Carter’s mission to bring Cal Beecher’s murderer to justice lands her squarely in HR’s sights.

On top of all that, the guest-starring cast is chockablock with familiar faces, as Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Carrie Preston, Brett Cullen and Jay O. Sanders reprise their roles as Root, Shaw, Grace, Nathan Ingram and Special Counsel, respectively.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Want more scoop on POI, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kim R says:

I can’t remember…what does HR stand for?

2. Boone says:

Damn i really love this show!

3. Davor says:

By far the best show on TV right now!!

4. Katherine215 says:

Only one missing from those familiar faces is Paige Turco. :(

5. Lola says:

I love the character of Shaw. Let’s be honest though. There is no way a field agent who needs to be ready to kick butt or run fast at a moments notice would ever wear shoes like she has on in that picture.

• Davor says:

Well at first I kind of hated Shaw as I felt she was forced down our throats but I’ve come to like her. Especially now that they set up her and Root as rivals

• wordsmith says:

There’s more to spycraft than just running around. And it’s a testament to Shaw’s prowess that she can kick as much butt in stilettos as Reese can in more sensible shoes.

6. GeoDiva says:

One of my favorite shows. Can not wait to see how this season ends.

7. A says:

One of the best shows on TV ever!! It’s so awesome!!

8. bhenchod says:

best show ever..

9. That last picture…. WOW

10. Pam K says:

Why oh why can’t you watch this on line if you miss one?

11. Jo Vance says:

I love the nuanced acting of Jim C. and Taraji H. They play off each other so beautifully and naturally. There communication is mesmerizing, they can say 10 pages of dialog by just their eyes and expression and body language, no words needed. It isn’t often we see such incredible acting on TV, where there is too much of the “see me I’m acting” style. Jim has a stillness to him that draws the viewer into the scene like a magnet, and creates such a mystery about Mr. Reese. Absolutely my favorite show in all of TV.

• JBC says:

I have agree about Jim C. and Taraji H. scenes together. Actually I have enjoyed the whole cast and all the guest stars in this show. I watched from the beginning too and am glad fans are catching on to this great show.
      As far as seeing it online or on demand, I found out it is because Warner Brothers owns the rights to it and won’t release it.
      Look forward to the Season Finale and next season. Missed Fusco in last night’s episode, hope to see him next week.

12. J. says:

Can some one fill me in on Shaw? I must have missed the show where she came in and I have no idea where or how she fits in.