Once Upon a Time: Neal's Peter Pan Connection, Tamara's Boss and 7 More Questions Answered

Once Upon a Time Season 2 SpoilersABC’s Once Upon a Time has now revealed Tamara and Greg’s anti-magic agenda and fried the Charmings’ beans, putting the good guys’ future in jeopardy. Meanwhile, promos for Season 2’s penultimate episode, “Second Star to the Right,” offer a first glimpse at Wendy Darling and Peter Pan. With these elements now in play, series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis held court with reporters to field burning Qs and tease what’s to come.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series

IS A BIG GAP NEAL’S BACKSTORY ABOUT TO BE FILLED? | Yes, he’s Rumplestiltskin’s son. But ever since Emma’s ex mentioned having previously met Hook, we’ve known he has other stamps on his magical passport. Cue the promo for next Sunday, in which Wendy Darling tells young Bae about her shadowy friend Peter. “What happens with him, Wendy and the Darling family is the emotional touchstone of these last two hours,” said Kitsis. “Hopefully, it will inform who he is as a character and also [establish] another land, which is, hopefully, not what you think it is.” Meaning, prepare to eventually plot a course for what the show bosses dub “Neverland-adjacent.” (Awww-fully cute fact: Emma reminds Neal of Wendy, Kitsis shared.)

WILL PETER PAN BE AN ACTUAL CHARACTER? | And not just a CGI creation, as in the promo? After all, it was teased at Once‘s PaleyFest panel that although we’re visiting a new realm, a key player would not be cast until Season 3. Such speculation “would probably be a good guess,” Kitsis allowed. That said, Once‘s version “is probably not the lovely, cuddly shadow we remember,” he noted. “We’re doing [Peter Pan and Neverland] completely differently.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease Season 2′s Final Episodes, Including One ‘Really Big’ Twist

FOR WHOM DO TAMARA AND GREG WORK? | SONEQUA MARTIN-GREENIn the next episode/one already circulating sneak peek, Tamara alludes to the “Home Office” — and in the May 12 finale, “You will find out who the Home Office is [and] what they want, but you won’t know why,” Kitsis shared. “Since we [as TV viewers] have all been trained with initiatives and secret organizations, we are hoping to lead you down a different path, one that goes, ‘Ah, OK, it’s not that.'”

WHAT HAPPENED TO GREG’S DAD? | Onetime Storybrooke interloper Kurt Flynn’s fate will be revealed this Sunday, Horowitz promises. Important to remember: Despite whatever story Regina spins in the interim, “No one leaves Storybrooke,” Kitsis reminds.

HOW MANY MAGIC BEANS ARE LEFT? | As the Charmings realized this past Sunday, Regina razed their hidden bean field — but not before snatching a total of three beans for her own purposes.

WHO HOLDS STORYBROOKE’S FATE IN THEIR HANDS? | The gemstone “trigger” that Regina retrieved from Maleficent’s Storybrooke lair “is an erase button that returns Storybrooke to what it once was” — meaning nothing, with any inhabitants thusly snuffed, Kitsis reiterated. “Unfortunately for Regina, she’s now strapped to a table and the two people who have it” — Tamara and Greg — “seem to be hellbent on getting rid of this town.”

SPEAKING OF WHICH: IS SOMEONE GONNA DIE? | It sure sounds like it — and “perhaps” in this week’s episode, Kitsis teased.

WILL BELLE EVER TOLL AGAIN? | The producers promised more on the Rumple/Belle/Lacey front EMILIE DE RAVIN, ROBERT CARLYLEbefore season’s end — including Lacey’s possibly surprising perspective on the prophecy about Henry, were she to get wind of it! — and also hinted it will take something brand-new, and not True Love’s Kiss, to bring Belle back. If, that is, Rumple still pines for the princess. “He seems to be enjoying Lacey because she lets him be who he really wants to be. And his son is who he wants to better for,” Kitsis noted. “So the question is, which one of those will win at the end? That would be the internal showdown for Mr. Gold.”

UM, HOW DO YOU ELECTROCUTE A WOODEN MAN…? | Amidst much talk of Tamara’s evil deeds, Kitsis and Horowitz offered a mea culpa about the Taser-like device she used to fell The Dragon and August/Pinocchio, saying that if they could change any one thing about Season 2, it’d be their choice of gizmo. “When we sat down to do this, we thought, ‘We need a real-world weapon,'” Kitsis explained. “And in the moment of making that decision, we never realized the backlash that would [come]…. We just figured the audience would assume, ‘Oh, it’s not a [regular] Taser.’ But they did not.” Added Horowitz, “The simplest way to think about it is [August] wasn’t electrocuted; the device did something else to him.” Kitsis hinted at further clarity on the weird “science” once the Home Office is revealed.

Want even more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. xaverie says:

I love how they’re trying to make one of their mistakes sound like it’s the viewers not being smart enough rather than them not doing a good enough job making sure things are clear on the show.

• Alichat says:

That made me chuckle.

• Temperance says:

Or they’re telling the truth and revealing that you’re a giant assumptive donkey’s…

• sara says:

It’s not the first time it’s happened. They leave these giant plotholes that don’t make any sense and then try to pass them off as something smarter A LOT.

• Roy J Lores says:

LOL indeed it’s on them not the public had it shot a beam like in Trek instead of looking in every way like a regular taser then people would have figured it’s a weapon to kill magical beings.

2. Michelle says:

I just assumed that the taser disrupted the magic that made August alive. Hence he died. *shrug*

• Ian says:

Wouldn’t he have died instantly though? But I’ll give them a pass because they don’t miss many tricks on this show, it’s brilliant.

But yeah, they could have thought to trick the taser out or give us some other indication it was somehow ‘special’.

I’m still just angry he’s now permanently a child again it seems. It’s like Graham dying all over again.
      Though I hope by some magic or time travel, we’ll get to see an adult Henry at some point.

• Joe says:

It was “science”. :/

• Ian says:

I can’t wait to hear their explanation of how this ‘science’ works, because Tamara said to the Dragon that magic is something so intangible to scientific investigation. Which means they’re about to introduce some super technologically advanced organization with this ‘home office’ stuff. I’m scared this show thinks it needs to get so much more complex and busy that it’ll do a Lost and lose the plot.

3. Awww im gonna dig the emma/neal scene.

• Ls1 says:

Neal has done nothing but belittle her and laughed at her like her heartbreak was nothing, she couldnt even get a closure coz he dismissed her completely, i dont know what is so rootable for him, and still after all this time to root for him to be with Emma.

• Hanna says:

Are you one of those annoying “Captain Swan” shippers?, because if you are he is no good either

• Ashley says:

That’s kind of rude to say. It’s her opinion but we don’t have to belittle something he’s perfectly entitled to. Plus the writers have said hook and Emma is a possibility so it’s not something to dismiss even though I don’t ship them.

• ZZZZZZ says:

Neal does belitte her and it happened when he didnt believe in the one thing Emma prided herself in and is good at, his her lie detector…
          Just calling out on what Neal has done, and what we have seen, which is that.

• Louise says:

Despite what most Neal fans like to tell themselves, you don’t have to be a Hook fangirl to not be crazy about Neal. I don’t care much for either Hook or Neal and I totally agree with Ls1.

• sara says:

Same. I find both of them unpleasant.

• Addie says:

Agreed. Emma deserves better than both those guys. And please, Swan Queen shippers, don’t try to tell me that Regina is better than both. Because I’ll laugh at you.

• lyn says:

I want to take over casting for this show. How could the very fine featured Baelfire grow up to look like the mook that is Neal? How could hazel eyed Pinocchio turn into August with blazing blue eyes?

• kath says:

Of course Hook is no good for Emma. But neither is Neal or Jefferson, and August wasn’t either. All of them would put themselves ahead of Emma, much less of good, in a heart beat if it got them something.

Unfortunately (in terms of my viewing pleasure) Kitsis and Horowitz are so fascinate by their pet villains (including Regina, Rumple, Cora, Tamara and now Greg) that that’s all they’re interested in exploring.

Now that Graham is dead (and Jamie Dornan has a new series on BBC2), there isn’t any man left in Storybrooke that I would want to see Emma with.

• Joey says:

You’ve obviously not paid attention to pretty much any scene between the two of them as that’s obviously not what happened. :P

People who hate Neal have this odd headcanon of how he’s constantly acting towards Emma, when he really isn’t, and I just don’t get it.

4. Len1 says:

Looking forward to seeing the finale episodes

Seeing more of Hook and how he was in Neverland when he went back after Milah’s death, and how he met Bae

5. Camille says:

I’m sincerely hoping that there is casting for Peter Pan next year and not a red hering. I do not want Neal to be a grown up Peter. Pan as a character was never meant to grow up. It destroys the character in my mind.

• A says:

They already said Neal is not Peter Pan!

• Nelly says:

I hope Hook isn’t Peter Pan either. That twist would be lame.

• Louise says:

I’m pretty sure Peter Pan is a character of his own and not someone’s second or third identity. I’m looking forward to meet him and how they’re going to tell his story in a different way.

• RobMF says:

One of the best if not the actual best Peter Pan movies was “Hook” in which Robin Williams did a phenominal job of playing a grown up Peter Pan. So I don’t think he has to stay young.

• James says:

When Neal first said that he knew Hook I immediately thought that Neal was a lost boy, travelling from Fairytale Land to Neverland, getting lost there, and then it’s likely he’ll travel with Peter and Wendy back to the ‘real’ world and that’s how he’ll get there

6. Estée says:

The “home office” reminds me of Angel

• Karen says:

That was my first thought too! Jane Espenson is a writer and producer on OUaT and she worked on both Buffy and Angel. Maybe she planted that idea in the writer’s room!

7. jerrired says:

So from those teasers I’m guessing Neal is an important Fairy Tale character but may have nothing to do with Neverland? This should be interesting…really looking forward to the final episodes.

• Gail says:

Since Neal was a thief when he first met Emma, maybe he was one of Hook’s pirates. I don’t think Hook and Neil have had any scenes together yet. When Hook sees Neal presumably he will recognize him and then we will know who Neal was in Neverland.

8. Lorna says:

Im like so convinced that Killian jones is Peter Pan. Like its not even funny

• Joe says:

That would explain while at the end of episode 4, he told Smee we are going to Neverland, he wouldn’t of known the name unless he had been there before.not crazy about the change, but I think it is going to happen.

• Cass says:

Didn’t they just say Peter wouldn’t be cast until next season?

• Gail says:

In the preview of next week’s show it looks like Peter’s shadow is taking Wendy and i guess Bae to Neverland. The shadow was done with CGI, no actor needed. The actual Peter will probably be cast for next season’s episodes. The preview of this scene was only a few seconds so this is all speculation about the shadow.

• K says:

Yes, that’s what I thought, so how people are getting that this confirms some weird theory that Hook is actually Peter is really confusing.

• Steph says:

How can you be convinced? The “evidence” for that theory is so laughable.

9. Ashley says:

You know what I’m thinking that pan is already on the show. However I don’t think he’s bae. I think it’s clear that bae was John darling. I’m actually think

• zacqua10 says:

Did you watch the ten minute preview? It’s on YouTube if you aren’t in the US. I won’t spoil anything except I will just say that Bae is DEFINITELY not a a Darling.

10. Ashley says:

Since its the shadow of Peter Pan that takes Wendy and them all to Neverland that suggests that Peter and his shadow seperated long ago and Wendy was never there to patch it up. This tells me that it’s very likely pan grew up and his shadow which didn’t grow up with him never changed from the child he was.

I’m totally thinking that hook when he was a boy was Peter Pan. Especially now since they revealed there take on Peter Pan is not the cuddly cute type. So convinced that hook is Peter Pan.

• Gail says:

Hook being the adult Peter Pan is too similar to Red Riding Hood being the Wolf. If they do this they will just be repeating themselves, showing that they have run out of ideas. Though I hate the expression this would be a real jump the shark moment if it turns out to be true.

• Steph says:

Hook being Peter is the lamest theory ever. For the story to actually work, Peter needs Hook, and Hook needs Peter, so how can they be two separate people? It just makes NO SENSE.

• You know, if Wendy is still alive. It’ll be awkward for Emma if they met in Neverland, esp. for Nealfire. Trouble in paradise for Swanfire. But, if Wendy is running the Home Office, older Wendy should be played by Olivia Wilde. She looks similar to that young Wendy actress, I forgot her name. But you know, what I think, I’m guessing it was Tinkerbell who told The Shadow to grab all those boys, who became Lost Ones/Boys and Felix is her son or that the REAL Peter Pan is. But he died. So, she created The Prophecy and told that Seer, who told Rumple, bcos Tink knew exactly who Baelfire was. I’m sure, Zoso’s invovled somehow. After, Zoso ended his life by choosing Rumple to be the New Dark One. Zoso reminded me of Claude Frollo. Why do I get the feeling, Rumple is Quasimodo as well. Makes sense. Frollo was Quasi’s master, so Zoso is Rumple’s Master. Wouldn’t it be awkward and so cool, if they brought Brad Dourif back as ghostlike-Zoso who starts haunting RumGold, because his life was also a burden. I would love to see him, in Neverland. I don’t know why. Myabe, it’s bcos then Lana would get her dream come true, when she said at ComicCon2012, Lana wanted Chucky as her side-kcik. So, if they bring back Zoso/Frollo. Lana/Evil Regals will get her wish, and then Rumple can get his only friend back, since Rumple will try and hurt Henry, then suddenly Zoso appears, or maybe as Frollo, Rumple sees him on his horse and like Ohmigod.. What the happened???

11. Len1 says:

I also think its Hook, it makes sense esp the theories i have read on tumblr discussing this – it fits now it depends on what else they reveal in this journey to knowing Peter Pan, OUAT’s version!

12. Thanh says:

Tamara & Greg are the lamest villains ever. And now it looks like more of such suckiness will continue. There’s a “home office”? Ugh! Not ANOTHER secret organization! Like that hasn’t been done to death on other shows, even ones currently on. This show is based off of fairytale characters and stories. You’d think that would give the writers such a goldmine as source material. And yet, after the awesome magicness that was Season 1, Season 2 has fizzled, and if this storyline with the ‘secret organization of anti-magic religious-like freaks’ continues, Season 3 is looking not so bright either. Come ON writers! Get it together!

• Ian says:

They really are quite lame. I thought Tamara had promise at her introduction, Sonequa’s quite sinister, but she’s ruined now. And they could have just done a lot better casting Greg, lol. But they needed better concepts as villains. But there’s still strong genius at work with this show and in this season.

13. Ian says:

The shadow thing leads me to think we’ll get the giveaway of whatever character Peter Pan is by their lack of casting a shadow. Be on the lookout, people.
    And OT, but Jesus is Hook/Colin sex on a stick. Can we get some gratuitous shirtlessness or something?

• Len1 says:

Colin is handome no doubt, what makes him even more appealing is that he is a such a good actor and in how he plays Hook, and what he brings to him (as the namesake he is as Hook and the broken man he is), the sides we have seen.

• Ian says:

I completely agree. He plays Hook with so much charm and cheek and magnetism, and then there’s so much vulnerability on display as the counterpoint. He’s one of their best, along with Robert and Lana and Barbara.
        And he’s got a chest I just want to burrow.

• A says:

I so agree. I think he plays Hook exactly how Hook should be played. Perfection. He really embodies the character. I know a lot of people think they made him lame because he keeps losing but I don’t understand that thinking. That is who Hook is and he described it best in the last episode. He may not win but he has a knack for getting out of situations alive. And while I loathe the term shipper, I wouldn’t mind seeing some Emma/Hook or Regina/Hook action.

• Len1 says:

Hook is smart and intelligent which the ppl who use him for their dirty work dont realise, and he is fighter, he doesnt have power or magic, but his ability to be a fighter that gets him through and he goes for what he wants! Him getting tied and why makes sense, its about him now seeing revenge isnt call its cracked up to be, his dialogue in the episode was very telling and that fact he has been thinking what will he have in life. I hope we do see Emma-Hook scenes.

• ASa says:

I think their is a reason for everything that has happened to Hook in how he has failed is coming into play now and why… questioning his vengeance, he thought he got it but hadnt and saw that its not satisfying as it is, yes he still wants Rumple gone if there is a chance to do so then why not take it, but he’s reflecting on what it means now in his life to have and not have, he knows he will be empty with and without it. He needs another focus and as he said he thinks no one cares for him – but to me that made me flash to Emma, because we have seen her care even if its for briefly more so then anyone has done for him lately.

• Ian says:

He could have chemistry with a chair, but I actually don’t think I ship him with anyone there. And the same goes for Regina. I only like pairings that I really feel like they fit, like they’re right for each other, and so far that’s only the Charmings and Rumple/Young Cora and possibly Emma/Neal, although Emma/Jennifer gives me such a strong feeling that she should be lesbian, lol. I think that would be incredible if that happened, and in that sense this show is totally conventional, but I guess it has to be.
            But back on track, yeah, I think Regina would suit a man much older than herself but still really virile and powerful, who’s wise; and Hook needs someone really spirited who’ll help him be that better version of himself. Characters that don’t exist and may never do.

• ARRO says:

I think Emma fits with Hook, they both kindred to each other in alot of way and both can break each others walls – and he has read her like an open book, i think she is the only who can effect him and better him. They both fierce and fighters and they are on the same level with who they are and could be IMO.

• Ian says:

Ah I know Hook and Emma are kind of on the same wavelengths, but I’m just not feeling them romantically. It’s just Michael Jennifer has that chemistry with.

• A says:

Chemistry is subjective. I for one definitely see more chemistry between Emma and Hook than with her and Neal even with the minimal amount of time we’ve seen between the two. I mean there is still something between Emma and Neal that exists but I feel like its just that they share a history and a kid and I kinda hope they don’t go down the whole she’s jealous of Tamara storyline. Emma and Hook have a lot in common and I definitely think they would be good for each other and mesh well because lets face it, Emma has been a bit stale and in the background these past few episodes. She really doesn’t do much these days.

• A.B. says:

Hook and Belle/Lacey.

• K says:

Hmm. I think he plays Hook like a cocky frat-boy bully (which is indeed just right for this incarnation).

14. Danielle says:

Good lord. Some of you guys are really nitpicky. They’re not trying to insult their fans, they just corrected a mistake. It happens. Let it go and enjoy the show or get off the comments and let the rest of us enjoy it. Thanks for bringing the news, Matt!

15. Joe says:

I could see Neal dying, but hopefully it is Greg, man I hate the guy.

• Ls1 says:

Neal makes sense due to his daddy paying the price of magic or something happens to Neal, which maybe he is trying to save Henry in something, Gold’s undoing being Henry comes back into play

16. Jess says:

I couldn’t care less about Tamara, Greg, and Hook. I hope Neal doesn’t die, I love him. I just want Belle back. This season has been pretty weak compared to season 1.

17. Devin says:

Very interesting! Thanks Matt!

18. Patrick says:

I definitely think that hook is pan. It makes loads of sense and its the kind of twist I see once doing.

19. Ari says:

The Taser was a dumb ‘real life’ weapon to use. I am so mad at that still. Kind of dampen the shows awe for me. They should have been more clever, it’s not us it’s you.

20. linda says:

I think that Peter Pan and Hook are Brother . I LOVE NEAL is He is Awesome

21. Cass says:

Wow. Way to completely negate Belle’s personhood. Yes, the conflict for Rumple is whether he can have his “fun” girlfriend or his son’s love–not, say, the fact that his true love has once again been tortured and cursed and is now essentially dead. I can’t even remember the last time I read something from a show runner that was so eye-poppingly dismissive.

• Helena says:

THANK YOU!

• Betsy says:

you nailed it. unfortunately, it’s par for the course when it comes to belle in this show.

• K says:

No kidding. One of the few things you can say for this show is that it’s full of strong, interesting women–Emma, Snow, Red, even minor characters like Granny and Kathryn–who have agency and POV. Belle is an interesting character and I wouldn’t mind it if crap happens to her (look at Snow and Emma) if we EVER got her POV. It’s supremely frustrating that when Regina isn’t invited to dinner by the family she’s trying to kill, we are subjected to lingering closeups on her tears. Meanwhile, Belle is locked up for thirty-some years and the ONLY reaction we’ve ever gotten is one brave, self-deprecating joke (“I was a kept woman”). What a waste.

• sara says:

Belle isn’t a character. She’s just a plot device like Henry.

• K says:

Both Belle and Henry have been written as characters with feelings, dreams, strengths, and flaws. The difference is that we get Henry’s POV and we never get Belle’s. Greg and Tamara, on the other hand, are two-dimensional plot devices.

• Steph says:

This is why I really can’t ship Rumbelle. Belle isn’t a character, she’s a plot device, and it’s irritating as hell.

22. mia says:

I’m actually LOVING this season, which seems to be a minority opinion. I think its matured and telling complex stories with complex characters. Season one was a bit repetative and pedestrian and all the “true love conquers all” schtick was really annoying and gave me a tooth ache. So I’m enjoying this more mature, thought-out season.

• Mike says:

I think this season has its highs and its lows, but I think its unfair that fans talk as if season 1 was amazing, it had its own fair share of flaws, the murder plot for example was idiotic and unnecessary, and people got angrier every week that didn’t get any closer to the curse breaking, and now the curse is broken, and people thought it was too soon, season 2 is the same way, it had some great moments and it has had the last 3 episodes, I have high hopes for the final 2 episodes I hope they can deliver.

• Asiandude says:

I agree with you. I was a wee annoyed that first season revolves around Snow and Charming’s “We always find each other’s routine”. It’s cloyingly got to the point that It was so unrealistic. But I am pretty sure it appeals to most viewers. I actually love how sinister Tamara looks when she and Greg appeared behind Hook. Alot of people compare her with Cora; and how bad Tamara as a villain compared to Cora.
      But I believe you can’t compare the two; as Cora is evil in a more medieval / fairy tale way, while Tamara is evil in a more urban way. I am not sure I can explain it a bit better, but that’s how I feel.
      And I think the girl who plays Wendy Darling is so dead-on. She is so….Wendy Darling!

23. robinepowell says:

Yeah I have questions. Since the curse broke, we haven’t seen Cinderella/Ashley, Abigail/Kate and their true loves or Hansel/ Nicholas and Gretel/Gretel, to find out what’s happening with them, now they remember their fairy tale characters.

What’s happening with Aurora, Prince Phillip and Mulan? They haven’t been seen since the beginning of season 2.

• A.B. says:

Just more characters and plots left out in the wind and forgotten. We are to assume they are living happily past the fourth wall, so to speak.

24. Aoife says:

I think Neal could possibly be the one to die. And it wouldn’t be the first time that the character on whom the episode is based around died – Sheriff Graham, anyone? I don’t particularly want him to die – I like his banter with Emma – but it would probably make for some good dramatic scenes…

25. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

So Neverland is The Island, the Home Office is the Dharma Initiative, and Peter Pan is Ben?

26. Addie says:

I would say something snarky about the fact that of all things they regret this season, it’s a taser as opposed to completely ignoring the Charmings and their family dynamics, but I won’t. But they should totally regret that and I hope they remedy it because of all things- the lack of bonds/relationships is what is driving viewers away. And I don’t really ship Neal/Emma (I ship Emma/Happiness) but this: “Emma reminds Neal of Wendy, Kitsis shared” did make me ‘awww’.

• Cassie says:

Preach

• kath says:

I couldn’t agree more that they should be regretting the lack of Charmings and their family dynamics. At this point, all four of them have been reduced to plot devices in the Regina/Rumple/Neal/Hook/Cora/Tamara/Greg story.

• Steph says:

I agree with all of this. WetPaint had a great article about the failings of this season, and one of the most prominent points was the lack of emotional payoff. You have SO MANY amazing character connections that could be explored, but the writers chose instead to feature plotlines that could have been paced out more evenly, while completely ignoring characters that were so well-developed in Season 1. This show is supposed to be about fairytale characters living in our world- show us that!

27. Gail says:

I just wish they had end stories for characters they don’t use much anymore. People like Red Riding Hood, Granny, Jiminy Cricket, Geppetto, the Blue Fairy, most of the dwarfs etc. You see these characters for a total of 5 minutes every 10 episodes. If you are constantly bring in new characters find endings for the characters you are no longer using. Perhaps if they destroy Storybrooke many of the characters will go to the Enchanted Forest but the core characters will go to Neverland . At least that would give some closure to the hardly used characters .

28. Gail says:

If the magic mirror hadn’t gone to the Revolution , Regina would have someone to talk to besides Henry. She would also know that she was loved for who she is now, The Evil Queen.

29. Gail says:

Since Lacey knows nothing about magic existing, do you think the shock of seeing it will restore Belle’s memory?

30. Name That Tune says:

Second Star to the right.
    If the beans don’t work, then you navigate by the stars. Either by Peter Pan’s shadow or Hook’s ship.
    And all of them have to work together to save themselves.
    They have hinted that Neal will be back next year but would not be surprised to see him die saving Henry abd Emma.
    The real twist would be for Regina to lose magic for a while by not getting that thing off. What choices would she make? Would she choose good instead of evil?

• Alice says:

She didn’t have magic last season, didn’t change her penchent for bad decisions. I think the last episode showed that she has a real problem with accurately perceiving reality. She constantly feels like the victim and uses it as an excuse to do terrible things, that she then takes no responsibility for, blaming her actions on other people not loving her enough. Always blaming Snow for her problems and assuming that, once that evil little girl was gone, everyone would love her, the woman who slaughtered their relatives. Having magic or not is not the root of her serious problems in conflict resolution.

31. MaryAnn says:

To me, the greatest failing of Season 2 was giving up on the story line of Regina finding redemption through loving her son, and her falling for Cora’s tricks. Now her backslide is complete. I really liked the idea of Regina no longer being simply evil, but now it is clear that she has totally lost it — she thinks it is ok to kill everyone Henry ever loved and destroy the entire town and take him back to the Enchanted Forest with her. She no longer can tell the difference between good and evil, or sees them as two dimensional abstracts, through the eyes of a sociopath.

32. Gail says:

Has it every been established when Rumple got his memory back? Did he always remember he was Rumple? Did his memory come back when Emma entered Storybrooke?
    I just keep wondering how he got Henry to Storybrooke. Nobody could enter Storybrooke unless they were from the Enchanted Forest. There has to be someone else from the Enchanted Forest who was in our world and not cursed. The only ones we know about are Bae, Emma, and August. The logical person for it to be is August but Rumple didn’t recognize him when he came to Storybrooke so how could Rumple have contacted August. I guess August could have had his face changed somehow so that Rumple didn’t recognize him. That is a stench though. At least if true we could get a flashback to see a grown up August again.

• klc says:

They confirmed last season that he regained his memories when he heard Emma’s name – it was the entire reason her name was the price for Snow and Charming to gain information about the coming curse.

• jeanine says:

They said Henry came from Boston. And people did come into Storybrooke before the curse was broken…hence Greg as a child and his father. Emma also was able to come into Storybrooke. Gold apparently helped Regina to acquire Henry through adoption as a baby and even though they may not have left Storybrooke to get him, he could have been brought by an agency…not that big of a deal.

33. Gail says:

My guess about Owen’s father is that he got a cursed memory and so he has just been living his life in Storybrooke. If he got his real memory back when the curse ended, then perhaps he was imprisoned in the asylum by Regina. Anyway I hope he hasn’t aged.Better would be if he still didn’t have his real memory like Belle.

34. amichelle says:

If was a child when Wendy darling was(which was I believe before ww2) how freaking long did he stay in neverland?????? Lol

• Gail says:

Quite a bite before WWII and WWI for that matter. The first novel Peter pan appeared in was published in 1902. The stage play (non musical) was first performed in 1904. A novel based on the stage play,called Peter and Wendy was published in 1911. I think we can safely say Bae arrived in London in about 1900 and probably was in Neverland for close to 100 years .

35. lyn says:

I don’t think we can worry too much about chronology. Alice In Wonderland is from mid 19th century, Robin Hood = 12th century, Mulan = who knows?, Snow White, Cinderella etc. 18th c or earlier.

36. Teresa Frye says:

The choice of making August int a child has really ruined it for me on that story line. I hope they rectify it next season.

37. jeanine says:

Perhaps they will bring back Regina’s love in some aspect. Did Cora really kill him or send him to some other realm….Peter Pan maybe.

38. Heather says:

Or they could have established August was made of LIVE WOOD complete with sap/resin inside and ladies and gentlemen that would conduct and superheat… Explosively! Science indeed… Bah! They didn’t even research enough for their own pseudo science that they could counter argue with this known fact. Honestly I adore August but if they insisted he had to go I would have prefered with a bang then a whimper. I would not have cried if during the tazering a part of him blew of and filled Tamara’s face with splinters. Yah lady… ;p Explain that away to your fake boyfriend! No point now… August killed and de-aged to service the plot to keep Tamara’s ID hidden for what? A whole 2 episodes and write off the character of August. Well done OUAT writers… you lazy slobs.

• AC says:

Yes I found it kind of annoying that they got rid of August the way they did but here’s something that could be considered for Season 3. What if the Taser is like porthole that transports characters to different worlds. Then I reckon it could have transported August to Neverland. We don’t know who Peter Pan is all we know that he’s looking for Henry so he must be connected to Henry and Emma in some way.
      I wonder if it has occurred to anyone including the writers that August just might be Peter Pan. That is a theory I’ve had since they separated Pinocchio and August in Selfless brave and true. All we know is that the Blue Fairy changed August back to Pinocchio and that she had been working on something to restore people memories.
      My theory is and it is only a theory that Peter Pan is August and that he is looking for Henry because he is the only one who can help him get back the memories back.