What to Watch Sunday: Good Wife and Vikings Finales, Homer Catches the Spirit and More

The Good WifeOn TV this first Sunday of May sweeps: The Good Wife and Vikings wrap their seasons, The Borgias witnesses an unhappy honeymoon, The Simpsons roll holy and The Mentalist thinks outside the box Tupperware container. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Good Luck Charlie Season 4 Premiere – The Duncans Get a Visit from The Muppets

PREVIEW | Once Upon a Time: Lana Parrilla on Regina’s Evil ‘Escape’ Plan, Season Finale

VIDEOS | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Hook Is Handed a Big Surprise

8 pm The Simpsons (Fox) | Talk about your unholy alliances: Bart and Flanders work together to track down Rev. Lovejoy when Homer falls under the spell of a trendy new clergyman (guest-voiced by Edward Norton, Fight Club).

PREVIEW | Revenge Season 2 Spoilers — Jack Shocks Emily, Nolan Tracks His Nemesis

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Season 4 finale: It’s the night of Peter’s gubernatorial election, and Alicia, Will and Diane are busy at a series of emergency court proceedings because David Rosen Zach believes he’s witnessed vote-tampering. Meanwhile, an unlikely source offers Cary help starting his own firm and the Alicia/Peter/Will triangle comes to a head. Estelle Parsons (Roseanne) guest-stars, and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg appears as himself. (Already renewed.)

9 pm Game of Thrones (HBO) | Jon proves himself, and Robb is betrayed.

9 pm Army Wives (Lifetime) | The gang falls short of its fundraising goals for Claudia Joy’s garden. Too bad no one has a hidden talent that might help the effort, isn’t it… Holly?

9 pm Selfridge (PBS) | Mr. Grove takes over in Harry’s absence; Agnes gets to know window dresser Henri.

PREVIEW | The Mentalist Season 5 Spoilers – J.J. LaRoche’s Tupperware Secret Is Revealed!

10 pm Mad Men (AMC) | Peggy plans for the future. Roger courts a potential client.

10 pm Vikings (History) | Season finale: Ragnar and a small group travel to Gotaland (that’s modern-day Sweden for you geography buffs) to resolve a land dispute. Series creator Michael Hirst tells TVLine the hour contains scenes of “utter poignancy”; find out what else he has to say about the finale and Season 2. (Yep, already renewed.)

10 pm Red Widow (ABC) | Marta discovers who kidnapped Natalie and gets another piece of important information about her husband’s murder.

10 pm The Borgias (Showtime) | Alfonso abandons Lucrezia on their wedding night.

10 pm Veep (HBO) | Selina and SecDef General Maddox have trouble getting on the same page at their joint appearance at the Marine Corps Base at Quantico; Dan and Gary jockey for the veep’s ear.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Glee and More!

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Really hoping Alicia does the smart thing and chooses Peter. Too bad Josh Charles signed on for another year. The triangle could have ended forever and a Peter and Alicia relationship would be the ultimate endgame.

• Lauren says:

Why would choosing Peter be the smart choice? Because then he can cheat on her with more prostitutes?

• angela chase says:

this

• Tee says:

It’s not that I’m attached to Peter, but just never really got the appeal of Will so I find all triangle stuff incredibly tedious. I have a feeling with all the “Saint Alicia” stuff, she’s going to bounce back to Will and get caught.

• danielle leigh says:

I really want to resolve this issue for good so we can get on with the show. The producers don’t seem to care for the triangle themselves and yet they resurrected it for the back half of season 4. Let’s just put it rest already.

• This would make me so happy. I hate her and Will together, I don’t think they have an chemistry. This whole love triangle is enough to make me not come back for Season 5. I have been on the fence with this show for awhile now. At least Kalinda’s husband is gone. I was fast-forwarding every single scene he was in.

• Mel says:

Glad to know I’m not the only one who thought there was little to no chemistry between Will and Alicia. I am so over the triangle. For quite a few episodes there was no mention of it. It seems like it’s just a B story line they don’t know how to deal with in a satisfying way. Frankly, it’s just boring! I really want Alicia and Peter to get back together and be a team.

• Saint Alicia says:

“does the smart thing and chooses Peter.”
      We got a comedian over here!
      Anyway, details/spoilers about the finale say the gubernatorial race will be concluded; nothing about who Alicia chooses. My bet is that will be left ambiguous/dragged out until season 5. Can’t have too much resolution in a finale, might leave viewers satisfied.

• Lili says:

She’s “The Good Wife”, not “The Good Employee who Sleeps with the Boss”!!!

• Saint Alicia says:

Of any pro-Peter arguments that can be made, citing the show’s insipid title isn’t one of them.

• Mel says:

No, I think citing the shows title is a very good argument. But agree with you that the triangle will be in full swing in season 5 (unfortunately).

• mia says:

I really like Will and Alicia together. I think she’s been the dutiful wife for so long now she’s afraid to try something new. But I think with their kids grown, that excuse to stay with Peter is a bit old.
      Plus I worry that Peter will just cheat again on her. Once a cheater…..

• rachelle says:

Choosing Peter would be stupid. I don’t get why people think just because you’re married to someone, you should just stay with them in spite of whatever BS they put you through. News flash, people! Peter was only “sorry” because he got CAUGHT! He’s only “turning over a new leaf” because he got caught with his pants around his ankles and his business was aired out to his wife, his children, and all of Chicago, Illinois, etc. Had he not gotten caught, you think he’d be “sorry” or trying to be a “better” man?? Please. Cheaters who get caught and change their ways are not genuine. Peter is not genuine. Alicia won’t be a bad person if she leaves him. As long as Alicia loves and is devoted to her children, it doesn’t matter what man she’s with. Her kids are what’s important and in 2013, your parents don’t need to be together for the both of them to love you unconditionally. If Alicia wants to be with Will and he with her, then they should be together.

• Mel says:

Whoa! You do understand this is not real. It is a TV show. The writers are the ones who decide if Peter will ever cheat again. Personally, I like Chris Noth better than Josh Charles, and would much prefer to see more of Chris on my TV screen. Gosh, Alicia could even choose Will and the writers could decide to make Will a cheater just for dramatic effect making Alicia question her choices in men. But again, NOT REAL LIFE! and not worth all your angst rachelle.

• rachelle says:

Lol, I know it’s not real! It doesn’t negate what’s rational. I just don’t get why people think staying with Peter is Alicia’s best choice and I’m trying to explain why I think it’s not.

• Mel says:

No problem. You just seemed way more passionate about it than was warranted. I do get your point of view, but again, I’m a Chris Noth fan. I completely agree that in the real world, a cheater once will be a cheater again. Glad we can constructively discuss without offending or name calling. Thanks for the response.

• bobbie says:

Peter and Alicia are just more evenly matched that Alicia and Will. Will really is beneath her. Not a bad guy, just not a good match.

• rachelle says:

I don’t think anyone’s beneath anyone else. What happened to looking past the superficial?? If everyone thought like that, sooo many relationships would simply not last. Or people would never have gotten with their mates in the first place.

2. DanielleZ says:

Once Upon a Time
    Revenge

8. rebecca says:

I need more of Rigsby & Van Pelt on the Mentalist

9. Mad Men & The Amazing Race

10. Daniella says:

Sunday! I missed you. Revenge. Once upon a time. Dvr The Borgias and Client list.

11. Ahmed. says:

Once, Revenge and Veep!

12. tahina says:

TGW..I really go for Gary and Kalinda camp. Also bet Alicia w get preggers. ;D

13. ani says:

Games of thrones, red widow

14. Once, Revenge (finally it’s back, lets get that 2.0 back), The Client List, & Army Wives
    I can’t wait till Sundays in June to see how Devious Maids comes out, I hope it has a Desperate Housewives vibe.

15. Becca says:

David Rosen lol

16. Brandy says:

Once Upon a Time,Client List

17. Prue says:

The Borgias!!! (Cesare+Lucrezia)

18. nikki says:

The Good Wife is so stealing from Scandal. Revenge and Game of Thrones for me

19. Danielle H. says:

Red Widow is still on?

• MaryAnn says:

Yes, Red Widow is still on. It’s the season finale. (And no, it has not been either cancelled or renewed for next season, although there seems to be no hope of a season 2 pickup.)

20. dan says:

It’s in Chicago, which makes it great.

21. iMember says:

Once and Revenge!!

22. MGL says:

The Good Wife tonight, and hope she picks Will!

23. MaryAnn says:

Once Upon a Time
    Revenge
    The Mentalist
    Game of Thrones (repeats at 11PM Eastern)
    Red Widow (online)

24. Em says:

The Good Wife is #1 on my watch list tonight! As long as we get Kalinda/Cary, I don’t care who Alicia picks. She is so back and forth that I’m sure it will change again next season.

Then there’s Game of Thrones (of course) and The Borgias (even though up to episode 4 has leaked online and parts of it are on Youtube)

25. K. says:

OUAT, Revenge and then The Mentalist!

26. Jen says:

Game of Thrones

27. Mary says:

Mad men!

28. jonathon says:

ONce, then my favorite show on t.v. Game of Thrones, and then the Mentalist!

29. dude says:

ouat fg american dad Veep Vikings catch GoT later Sunday rocks

30. Andy says:

The Simpsons, OUAT, Revenge, and The Mentalist

31. hey you says:

just watched old episodes of the gilmore girls. wouldn’t it be awesome to see alexis bledel on the good wife as cary’s client in his new firm???

32. Lucy says:

I don’t give a damn about “who” Alicia will choose. But here you are my thoughts about the new firm: without Alicia that new firm will be just Cary (and Kalinda) ‘s shortest way to reach the “backeseat land” for good.

33. Liz says:

OUAT, Revenge, and Armywives.

34. Roni says:

The Good Wife, Mad Men, Chopped All-Stars

35. LEP says:

TVLine, please include the times for the shows you highlight at the beginning / “previews”. I don’t understand why you don’t. Thanks!

36. Teag says: